Jarrod Bowen

wythyred

22 year old forward playing for Hull in the Championship with 21 goals and 6 assists this season.

Has anyone seen much of him?

Looked online he’s linked with all the top clubs apart from us :(

Last edited:

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I get to see him week in, week out.

He's a goal scorer and without doubt our best player but his overall game is nowhere near good enough to be a regular starter for even a mid table Premier League club. He's often too greedy on the ball and looks to do all on his own rather than play in his team mates when they're in a better position.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Would make a good hero in a crime novel.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who was the last Championship player Man United signed (that was over 18, we can't include poaching kids)?
Was going to say Nick Powell but Crewe were in league 2 at the time.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
We bought Dublin from Villa when in the top league I think. Ben Foster from Stoke maybe? Basically it doesn't happen much.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Same as @JinnerJamie watch him every week and he’s not ready for a move to a top club. Would probably be mid-premier league level

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Roy Carroll was signed from Wigan, can't remember if they were championship at the time.

Bowen's dad is a Villa fan so he may be on our radar for next season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Che Adams is another one.
Indeed, there’s quite a few young strikers doing well this season in the Champ.

Abraham, 21yo. 25 goals, 3 assists.
Maupay, 22yo. 24 goals, 8 assists.
Adams, 22yo. 22 goals, 4 assists.
Bowen, 22yo. 21 goals, 4 assists.
McBurnie, 22yo. 21 goals, 4 assists.

Might be a merry-go-round this summer!

M16Red

Daniel James; Ether footed and rapid.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47993323

Rotherham did a decent job of smothering James, yet Warne was full of praise for the Wales international.

"The best players at the best clubs are the ones who cause you problems and he is definitely up there," Warne said.

"He will go on to have a great career, no doubt. I think he is one of the top two players in the league - my other is the Aston Villa captain (Jack Grealish). Those two win games on their own.

"He (James) absolutely annihilated us at our place - he was unplayable. I knew we had to curtail James' pace which is a joke, it's like he's on a motorbike."

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

I get to see him week in, week out.

He's a goal scorer and without doubt our best player but his overall game is nowhere near good enough to be a regular starter for even a mid table Premier League club. He's often too greedy on the ball and looks to do all on his own rather than play in his team mates when they're in a better position.
Yeah, he doesn't even get selected in the England u21 squad. He'll be a Premier league player but not one we should be looking at now.

dogwithabone

We bought Dublin from Villa when in the top league I think. Ben Foster from Stoke maybe? Basically it doesn't happen much.

Did we get Dublin from Villa ? I thought we got him from Cambridge ? Also thought we got Foster from lower down the leagues than Stoke, somewhere like Crewe ?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Good call. Sounds right to me!

It rarely happens sadly. I'd love to see the top English sides given young Championship players a go.
Spurs and Everton use to sign a lot of young players from the Championship. Bournemouth and Leicester do that now.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Daniel James; Ether footed and rapid.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47993323

Rotherham did a decent job of smothering James, yet Warne was full of praise for the Wales international.

"The best players at the best clubs are the ones who cause you problems and he is definitely up there," Warne said.

"He will go on to have a great career, no doubt. I think he is one of the top two players in the league - my other is the Aston Villa captain (Jack Grealish). Those two win games on their own.

"He (James) absolutely annihilated us at our place - he was unplayable. I knew we had to curtail James' pace which is a joke, it's like he's on a motorbike."

Pace!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Looks like City are in for him.. sadly we're looking at Bale, where our competitors at looking at the future players not over hill "legends"
Who says we are looking at Bale?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Looks like City are in for him.. sadly we're looking at Bale, where our competitors at looking at the future players not over hill "legends"
Where have we been linked to Bale?

Increasingly seeing people make stuff up just to have a moan on these forums.

M16Red

Believe me we're looking at Bale...

Before his move to Real i was on holiday in Greece late one night got talking to a fella about him "has known him since a young lad" he said "he'll go to Real for more than Ronaldo (true), then go to Utd because he doesn't like being far away from his Fam"

I hope the god he was chatting crap, but our current dealing with new players are well...Sanchez..

pascell

Before his move to Real i was on holiday in Greece late one night got talking to a fella about him "has known him since a young lad" he said "he'll go to Real for more than Ronaldo (true), then go to Utd because he doesn't like being far away from his Fam"

I hope the god he was chatting crap, but our current dealing with new players are well...Sanchez..
Bale has already rejected a move away to keep his family in Spain, hes on a cushty number and I dont think we'll bother, hes had his chance and rejected us.

MalcolmTucker

your source is some random bloke your met in Greece 6 years ago :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
From that vid he looks like a classic British kick and rush merchant. Could be a bloody good one mind, clearly has rockets in his heels.

M16Red

Where have we been linked to Bale?

Increasingly seeing people make stuff up just to have a moan on these forums.
I'm not moaning, just stating that we never seem to be in for these players before they become 100m pound players. Like we're better than that, people on here seem to think that we're going to sign world class players... if you was a world class player where would you go City with Pep, Pool with Klop, Real with Ze, etc or here? our football isn't even the best i've seen in mid table this year.

I've wanted a left footed winger for like 7 years... I'm not a fan of inverted wingers. I think it give the CB's time to set and turn around, so Bale is a bit like a best of a bad bunch (so to say), remember last year he scored

M16Red

your source is some random bloke your met in Greece 6 years ago :lol:
:lol: Both of us were leathered on Raki... I bet he was talking is mate Gareth Vale..the post wasn't about Bale..Danial James. . he looks like a good player and Welsh

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
From that vid he looks like a classic British kick and rush merchant. Could be a bloody good one mind, clearly has rockets in his heels.
He is but he’ll never be a good enough for a top club and that’s including being a squad player. He’s bottom half PL good enough nothing more.

Cheesesandwich

You can rest easy regarding Bale, he doesn’t want to leave Madrid, as he’s after his bonus which will be paid after another season playing for them, even if he’s not a starter, I reckon he’ll hold out for a year to pick up his rumoured 30 Mil.