Jarrod Bowen

Thiagoal

Not sure that Bowen is good enough for the top level; can see him being a solid player for a mid table club! Eze on the other hand, looks like a player destined for the top

Classical Mechanic

Not sure that Bowen is good enough for the top level; can see him being a solid player for a mid table club! Eze on the other hand, looks like a player destined for the top
Looks like Eze has one year on his contract at the end of the season too which will be same as Bowen once they trigger his extension.

We should go for Eze in the window if anything he can play on the right also.

settembrini

Does anyone know how many goals and assists of his numbers come from set pieces
Bowen has 44 Championship goals since the start of the 17/18 season. 35 were from open play, 5 free kicks, 4 penalties.

To put those numbers in perspective he has scored more goals than anyone else in the Championship over this period and the only players comparable to him are strikers who do little else but score. Even if you remove his set piece goals then he still would be scoring far more than any other winger or attacking midfielder.

For example if you compare him to Eberechi Eze whose name I see being mentioned in this thread then Bowen has a miles better scoring rate, twice as good chance conversion rate and has a higher percentage of open play goals. They are both very talented young players and Eze might well end up as the better player but Bowen's ability as a goal scorer is really on another level entirely to the QPR player.

Crashoutcassius

Bowen has 44 Championship goals since the start of the 17/18 season. 35 were from open play, 5 free kicks, 4 penalties.

To put those numbers in perspective he has scored more goals than anyone else in the Championship over this period and the only players comparable to him are strikers who do little else but score. Even if you remove his set piece goals then he still would be scoring far more than any other winger or attacking midfielder.

For example if you compare him to Eberechi Eze whose name I see being mentioned in this thread then Bowen has a miles better scoring rate, twice as good chance conversion rate and has a higher percentage of open play goals. They are both very talented young players and Eze might well end up as the better player but Bowen's ability as a goal scorer is really on another level entirely to the QPR player.
Thanks man

Incredible numbers honestly.

lysglimt

Scout
By far the best player outside the P.L in my opinion. I would love if we picked him up.

Tony Clifton

So, that thread about realistic signings to improve us:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/3-realistic-signings-to-improve-us.449864

Jarrod Bowen:
  • Pace + workrate
  • Production from both open play and set pieces
  • RW/RF but is left-footed (giving us added flexibility up front)
  • Still quite young (23 tomorrow, actually)
  • British (I include this considering Brexit)
Could be signed rather cheaply and as early as this January.

If that doesn't qualify him as a realistic signing to improve us, then I don't understand the criteria.

ash_86

Apparently wants > 60k/week and hence West Ham progress stalled.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If we haven't shown interest, I presume there would be a reason why. We have surely watched him heavily, as he ticks many of the boxes.

johanovic

Bowen for the RW and Mitrovic for the striker could be an interesting option. Both have stats to back up their ability and Mitrovic scores both regualry for both club and country. He got 11 goals and 3 assists in the PL playing for Fulham.

Ludens the Red

If we haven't shown interest, I presume there would be a reason why. We have surely watched him heavily, as he ticks many of the boxes.
We must have the most useless scouts out of any top club. In fact maybe the worse in the Pl. Even if we’ve watched him heavily I’m not convinced our useless scouts would be able to spot a decent player if he walked up to them and pissed in their faces.
We never seem to do anything “clever” in the transfer market. It’s always obvious players for extortionate fees.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
We must have the most useless scouts out of any top club. In fact maybe the worse in the Pl. Even if we’ve watched him heavily I’m not convinced our useless scouts would be able to spot a decent player if he walked up to them and pissed in their faces.
We never seem to do anything “clever” in the transfer market. It’s always obvious players for extortionate fees.
Daniel James was exactly this kind of buy.

Mastoness

Wish we could bring him in this few hours that are left. Reasonable price and weekly wages (as they can be in this day and age) plus God knows we don't have a right winger, there is no point in playing Greenwood there when he and Martial are the only fit and healthy forwards that we have for the rest of the season. Dan James could play on the left wing which is somewhat more natural position for him.

Last edited:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
https://statsbomb.com/2020/01/jarrod-bowens-unique-skill/

So there is a young striker available this window for £25 mill. Decent goal threath. Professional. Hard working. Versatille. Can play forward and right winger.

Probably not good enough. But certainly not much worse than Ighalo?! And if he turns out not to be good enough we can probably sell him for basically the same as when we bought him.

At this stage, should be a no brainer?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is nowhere near as fast as James for one.

Probably nearer a Danny Ings type
Yeah but James isn't anywhere as clinical as Bowen even if it's in a lower league - it's worth a shot.

We lack that left footed players on the right except Greenwood.

Seems a bit negligent to be linked to all these young English players as well and be desperate for a forward & not go for him when his numbers are good both transfer wise and stat wise.

He even seems a player that seems on paper that plays the same type of football that Rashford, Martial, Greenwood play (on the floor football) & sure we might be needing something different with an aerial presence but if that isn't happening then this isn't a bad deal at all.

A forward is a forward & we are adding a forward to our injured area.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
To be honest, he looks more like a poor mans Salah. Maybe that is why he is not an option? OGS obviously want a traditional striker.

Art Vandelay

Yeah but James isn't anywhere as clinical as Bowen even if it's in a lower league - it's worth a shot.

We lack that left footed players on the right except Greenwood.

Seems a bit negligent to be linked to all these young English players as well and be desperate for a forward & not go for him when his numbers are good both transfer wise and stat wise.

He even seems a player that seems on paper that plays the same type of football that Rashford, Martial, Greenwood play (on the floor football) & sure we might be needing something different with an aerial presence but if that isn't happening then this isn't a bad deal at all.

A forward is a forward & we are adding a forward to our injured area.
Negligent? The chances are we looked at him and decided he wasn't an option we wanted to pursue. You can't sign every player just because they are available.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Negligent? The chances are we looked at him and decided he wasn't an option we wanted to pursue. You can't sign every player just because they are available.
But we can go for Josh King and Ighalo...

Art Vandelay

But we can go for Josh King and Ighalo...
They are strikers, Bowen is a winger. If we wanted him we could have signed him, I'm saying it's not negligent just because you're not signing everyone that's available. We might have sights aimed higher for the summer. It might go tits up and we can't get those targets, that doesn't mean we should sign other options now.

Cassidy

They are strikers, Bowen is a winger. If we wanted him we could have signed him, I'm saying it's not negligent just because you're not signing everyone that's available. We might have sights aimed higher for the summer. It might go tits up and we can't get those targets, that doesn't mean we should sign other options now.
And currently we play a striker or a LW in the RW position... a striker we could actually play as a striker....

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Well that's already been established. It still doesn't make us permanently signing a player we didn't want negligent.
I just think going for a player like James just because Giggs says he's good whilst Bowen is racking up numbers in a position we are weak in for a near decade now is negligent.

If James was good enough for us then I don't see why Bowen isn't.

Cassidy

Well that's already been established. It still doesn't make us permanently signing a player we didn't want negligent.
Not wanting him is what makes us negligent. Its not hard to grasp