Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez | LA Galaxy Player

No Love

Santiago Muñez makes a sensational return to LA after a storied career in Europe.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He should have been there ages ago, instead of having the last lot of years that he has had in the game.

If I were him, I would have chosen this ahead of west ham and been enjoying all the celebrity it brings being over there, a la Carlos Vela.

His career hasn’t really been what I would have expected as a goalscorer. A bit disappointing in the end.

edcunited1878

He should have been there ages ago, instead of having the last lot of years that he has had in the game.

If I were him, I would have chosen this ahead of west ham and been enjoying all the celebrity it brings being over there, a la Carlos Vela.

His career hasn’t really been what I would have expected as a goalscorer. A bit disappointing in the end.
Totally agree, but the lure of Europe was too strong for him and his family. Timing wasn't right either as Galaxy didn't exactly need him at the time. Now that LAFC is top dog in LA, this should be a huge boost for the club. But he has to score and bring that excitement which I don't think he's had the past few seasons. Vela is crushing it at LAFC because he's a better all-round player than Chicha.

El Zoido

Absolutely agree. He could have also made a career out of being a super sub for a top team. It always made me feel a bit sad seeing him play for West Ham.

Bojan11

He was far too limited. Even in a team like LA Galaxy that will show unless they have good creativity. Vela is just better on the ball. Another player Fergie managed to make better than he was.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was far too limited. Even in a team like LA Galaxy that will show unless they have good creativity.
From what I've seen of MLS, they usually have brilliant athletes at the back, but they seriously struggle with positioning and the concept of proactive defending. It would've been nice if Chicha was a better all-round player, but his movement (which, I assume, is still outstanding) is bound to bring him tons of goals there. By the way, maybe he'll show that he's more complete that we think of him, at the lower level. Fergie, I think, forbid him from shooting from outside the box, for example, although he had scored a long-ranger in his first game for/against us (the exhibition one) and at his Real Madrid debut iirc.

Skills

Snitch
He was far too limited. Even in a team like LA Galaxy that will show unless they have good creativity. Vela is just better on the ball. Another player Fergie managed to make better than he was.
Tbf that's kind of what good managers are paid to do.

Maluco

You could ma
Absolutely agree. He could have also made a career out of being a super sub for a top team. It always made me feel a bit sad seeing him play for West Ham.
You could make a pretty good list of players that hit rock bottom in their careers playing for West Ham :D

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Feels weird him being that age. Bet it's bloody nice going to training every morning in LA as opposed to wet, cold England. How come Sevilla moved him on so quick though?

Maluco

He is really limited but in football, players who instinctively know where the goal is have worth. It’s a commodity because it is not a given at any level. I think he chose his clubs poorly after United.

He isn’t half the player Vela is, you are right, but because of his instincts, he will get goals in the MLS, for sure.

Chipper

Adulterer.
If fit and determined I expect him to rack up the goals.

MLS is a goalfest right now, over 3 a game in 2019 and almost 30 players reached double figures. We know the standard isn't that high either. If he's still got he'll score loads.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Will score 20 min per season, unless MLS standard of defending massively improves.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I know, I know...It's the Americanization/Bastardization of football.
It’s only cringe because it is USA. Same thing in another country and no one would call it cringe. There is nothing wrong with it. It’s a joke name created by supporters poking fun at the ridiculous traffic problems in LA. And Around 40% of the area speaks Spanish too.

Shark

@NotShark
He was a great little player for us. Always remember his goal vs Chelsea at Old Trafford only a minute or so into the game. Pretty much sealed the title.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Really don't think we're missing someone like him though. Goalscoring really isn't an issue for United this season.

Charlie Foley

It’s only cringe because it is USA. Same thing in another country and no one would call it cringe. There is nothing wrong with it. It’s a joke name created by supporters poking fun at the ridiculous traffic problems in LA. And Around 40% of the area speaks Spanish too.
That City-Chelsea “El cashico” is also cringey as feck to be fair.

Hoof the ball

That City-Chelsea “El cashico” is also cringey as feck to be fair.
It's El Plastico.

And at least it's made out of a sense of mockery by opposition fans. The same can't be said for people who genuinely refer to Bayern vs Dortmund as Der Klassiker, trying to make it some Germany version of Real/Barca.

Charlie Foley

It's El Plastico.

And at least it's made out of a sense of mockery by opposition fans. The same can't be said for people who genuinely refer to Bayern vs Dortmund as Der Klassiker, trying to make it some Germany version of Real/Barca.
People also call it el cashico though, which is my point: there are cringey plays on this outside of America (the German one is bad too, but a different type of bad).

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I found him to be a very overrated player. Under any other manager he wouldnt have won a PL. His lack of ability on the ball made everyone's game a level down and ultimately we were only good as Hernandez's ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Why the feck was he smiling afterwards? Was this an exhibition match?

Mike Smalling

That's such a poor penalty. Even if the goalkeeper had actually dived he probably would have taken it, if he went to that side. At least make it central and relatively high if you are doing a Panenka.

Fetshu

Apparently it was a very important game if going by the comments on Reddit. This miss and the two points that it cost them, could potentially keep them away from the play-off's? Probably butchered the last part, but it is supposed to be important nonetheless.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If it goes in everybody says "wow, how cool, ice in his veins! what a cheeky attempt".... but when it fails you look a right idiot.

No idea why he didn't just smash it in, take the 3-2 win and a hattrick and go celebrate. Pretty stupid really.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Reminds of this video I saw a few days ago. The other guy might have pinched him hard, which I guess can hurt but the reaction is so funny :lol: