Javier Hernandez | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think this little character is going to be the signing you all hoped for, and the main reason Fergie hasn't splashed around lots of money.

Watch him tear defences apart next season.

One to watch.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its entirely possible. He looked promising in the WC, although its more likely that he'll take a few months, possibly all year to settle in. Luckily he already speaks fluent English.

TheReligion

Abusive
Its entirely possible. He looked promising in the WC, although its more likely that he'll take a few months, possibly all year to settle in. Luckily he already speaks fluent English.
I dont think this will be the case.

Instant hit, starting with the Charity Shield opener.

Seriously, I think he has all the credentials for success over in the Premier League.

TheReligion

Abusive
His performances at the World Cup have swung it for me.

Mark my words, we have something special on our hands. In the words of the Chief, a "real gem".

TheReligion

Abusive
This

I´ve a strong feeling too that Hernandez will have a fantastic season, 15-20 goals and Rooney´s partner upfront.
Just look at how he did in the WC. Mexico looked a far better attacking side with him on the pitch. His finishes looked so mature for his age, and he was clocked as the quickest player in the tournament.

We know he is decent in the air too, but as said his composure and play in the World Cup is whats made me think this is so much more different than Diouf, Tosic, Manucho et all.

This guy will do the business and will fit in right away with a goal in the Charity Shield.

Nucks

RT History Department
Just look at how he did in the WC. Mexico looked a far better attacking side with him on the pitch. His finishes looked so mature for his age, and he was clocked as the quickest player in the tournament.

We know he is decent in the air too, but as said his composure and play in the World Cup is whats made me think this is so much more different than Diouf, Tosic, Manucho et all.

This guy will do the business and will fit in right away with a goal in the Charity Shield.
Ya, I agree. I think he will be an immense player. With the caliber of players around him at United I think he will get the service he needs to score a bagful. If Rooney is delayed in getting back to fitness, it could very well be Hernandez leading us in scoring this year.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Carrick to Hernandez.

It will be like the younger son of Valencia - Rooney's baldspot.

RK

I'm not expecting too much in his first season, but I'm excited to see him play. Let him settle into Manchester United, then he'll be able to express his talent.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm not expecting too much in his first season, but I'm excited to see him play. Let him settle into Manchester United, then he'll be able to express his talent.
Yeah, my concern is that people are getting very excited about him and if he doesn't live up to the inflated expectations (in true CAF tradition), he'll be labeled a flop.

MarkC

It's encouraging that he seems to have done well in some of the bigger games. Before people get carried away though I watched him in all the warm up games aswell and like any youngster he had good ones and not so good.

If people give him time he certainly has the potential to be a great signing. I just hope people don't get straight on his back to quickly.

kiristao

Yeah, my concern is that people are getting very excited about him and if he doesn't live up to the inflated expectations (in true CAF tradition), he'll be labeled a flop.
Spot on. There is no doubt he has shown what he can do with his performances at the world cup. I just hope the fans give him time to settle in before they start writing him off.

MUFC07

I'm ready to put up with millions of people here that will claim themselves to be hard-die United fans just cause we signed him and know nothing about the club and turn into muppets, if he gets us 15-20 goals or if he scored 5 important ones.

I promise.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Scored two goals in WC, something most of our players haven't achieved. He's showed how good he is. I don't anyone is thinking about the possibility of loaning him out. He could do a job for us.

And if he's gonna fit in well, We'd be looking to offload Berbatov, may be Diouf as well. And Manucho is gone right?

Thoraximus

Latin for deep throat
Scored two goals in WC, something most of our players haven't achieved. He's showed how good he is. I don't anyone is thinking about the possibility of loaning him out. He could do a job for us.

And if he's gonna fit in well, We'd be looking to offload Berbatov, may be Diouf as well. And Manucho is gone right?
Yeah Manucho is gone.
I guess that'd leave Rooney, Macheda, Welbeck and Chicharito. Very young and promising - that makes Rooney our veteran striker yeah? :lol:

mattsville

He certainly has all the credentials to be a good goalscorer, his acceleration is exceptional from a cold start, he takes up good positions in the box, he is fantastic in the air and I think he shows good composure when presented with a chance as you saw in the WC which is as big a stage as any. You just hope that when he walks out the tunnel, the roar hits him and he realises the scope of the expectation that he does'nt do a diego. I think it is important for strikers to score in their first game or two to settle them down, otherwise the pressure builds, but I think he is a confident lad and he works hard, he should be alright.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
I'm ready to put up with millions of people here that will claim themselves to be hard-die United fans just cause we signed him and know nothing about the club and turn into muppets, if he gets us 15-20 goals or if he scored 5 important ones.

I promise.
So if he only gets 14 goals you are going to tell them all to feck off?

I'm going to Mexico in December and will take your guarantee that there will be millions of United fans. A bar full of United fans watching the games with a Corona or ten :drool: When I've been before there seems to be a lot of Arsenal fans and Madrid of course.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
His goal against Argentina in the WC was just :drool: (and the goal against the French was pretty darn well taken aswell).

He looks like a replica of a young Micheal Owen & I am sure training with Owen can only improve him!!!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'm going out on a limb here and saying He'll be better than Manucho!!!!

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He does? That'll help him a great deal.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yeah I've been thinking the same thing. Hope not.

I think he'll be one fans get behind even if he has a rough few months or even year, because he's explosive and he's exciting and he's always trying to be that extra goal threat that we've not had in a long while (since maybe Ole in 06 if we're being kind).

He's something different and he's got all the right assets to be a fans' favourite.

redfromcanada

I have big hopes for him for some reason. He gives United something that they didn't really have last season (save for Rooney), a striker that plays on the shoulder of the defender and goes for goal. Too often United were begging for that type of player to take up those positions that Berbatov didn't and the occasional time that Rooney couldn't (from having to set plays up). He'll likely get the service and even if he is a decent finisher could bag a few.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I think this little character is going to be the signing you all hoped for, and the main reason Fergie hasn't splashed around lots of money.

Watch him tear defences apart next season.

One to watch.
I've always said that his addition means we have no pressing needs to reinforce our forward line (although I wouldn't be upset if we signed a versatile forward like Balotelli/Suarez who could also play on the flanks in a 451/433). Our pressing need is in central midfield, as I think almost everyone accepts now.

Member 39557

I'm excited about him, but I would assume he'll initially be an impact sub, probably scrapping it out with Owen and Macheda. Having said that, he might get thrown in from the start if Rooney misses the first couple of games and if he bags a couple of goals then who knows?
I echo some of the previous posters in respect of being patient with him.

Bearded but no genius

I've got a good feeling with him, too.

Dunno about this 15 goals next year stuff, though. You have to play a lot to score a lot.

He'll still be Rooney's backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.