Javier Hernandez | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrumpet

There are no words
That's how it begins. First a sly wink, next thing you know they're pulling a Barca shirt on him.

KGBhoy

How long is he out for and didn't we have a sticky for injuries?

Shimo

When's he due back?
Due back in training earliest at the end of this week (SAF I believe in his last presser said he'd be in training in a week). So if that's the case then expect him not to play a game till early September.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
No idea how old those quotes are but he doesn't sound anywhere near ready to play a game of competitive football.
:wenger:

I'm glad to have him back. He was getting into some threatening positions in the short time he was on the pitch. If he'd gone for the header instead of kicking Nani's cross, he could have scored.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Looked to have gain some muscle,the upper body strength has improved which is nice to see.Last season he was brushed of the ball very easily so this extra weight will help him to improve further.

dave2528

He did look a step behind even some of our own players who had been out on the pitch for 80 some-odd minutes or so, but I think that's to be expected after sitting out for as long as he has. I don't have a problem with him being given a few minutes against a knackered looking Spurs, at home, with a two goal lead.

I can't see him in the starting 11 against the Gooners, barring some sort of miraculous week of training, especially considering how well Danny Welbeck is playing. Depending on how bad things may get out of hand for Arsenal on Sunday, I can see him getting being on the bench and getting 15 to 20 minutes of playing time.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He did look a step behind even some of our own players who had been out on the pitch for 80 some-odd minutes or so, but I think that's to be expected after sitting out for as long as he has. I don't have a problem with him being given a few minutes against a knackered looking Spurs, at home, with a two goal lead.

I can't see him in the starting 11 against the Gooners, barring some sort of miraculous week of training, especially considering how well Danny Welbeck is playing.
Didn't you see Fergie's interview after the game? He was supposed to be released from hospital only today. They got him out a day earlier and put him on the bench just in case it was a close game. Of course he is going to be a step behind others. This is his first game in over a month. He is going to look rusty.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Didn't you see Fergie's interview after the game? He was supposed to be released from hospital only today. They got him out a day earlier and put him on the bench just in case it was a close game. Of course he is going to be a step behind others. This is his first game in over a month. He is going to look rusty.
Not sure why you're disagreein with that guys post given that it includes the line 'but I think that's to be expected after sitting out for as long as he has'

Shimo

Um what you talking about Wilis? He's not been in hospital all this time - he was released from hospital after an overnight stay while in the US. Chicha said he has been training with the team for 3-4 days even.

Not that the rest of your post doesn't make sense, that this is his first game back in a really long time and obviously will be rusty/off the pace. Just the whole was supposed to be released today was a bit weird.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
We could see yesterday that he didn't have a proper pre-season.

With Welbeck out, Berbatov should be very happy, but I'm sure that international break will be good for Hernández, because he's gonna get two games for Mexico now. It may help him.

PS. He's playing against Szczęsny on Friday, so I'm sure he'll do what he forgot yesterday ;)

mustaine

Great attitude. Great player. Great future.

Javier Hernandez is starting to feel like an elder statesman at Manchester United, but acknowledges that youthful exuberance is good for the club.

Sir Alex Ferguson has unleashed a new era of Red Devils on the Premier League this season, with the next generation making their mark at Old Trafford.

The likes of David de Gea, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck are all 21 or under, suggesting they could form the backbone of United's first team for many years to come.

Add to that list the likes of Hernandez, Anderson and Jonny Evans - who are slightly more experienced but far from the finished articles - and you get the feeling that United's side will not need much tweaking in the near future.

Mexican striker Hernandez, who burst onto the scene during his debut campaign last season, has welcomed the influx of youngsters and believes their presence will help to keep everyone else in the squad on their toes.

He told MUTV: "Many of our players are between 19 and 21 years of age, then me, Evans and Ando are 23 so we feel older!

Hunger

"The younger players run a little more and want to show why they are in the team, and that can only be good for us.

"But it's great because there are other players here with lots of experience too."

Hernandez is currently easing his way back into first-team action following a two-month rest, but insists he will not be setting himself any specific targets for 2011/12.

He claims his only goal at present is to keep doing his best and ensure that he remains part of United's plans for many years to come.

"To improve, keep learning and to enjoy myself," he said when asked what his targets are.

"Hopefully in 10 years I'll still be here and saying the same thing, because this life - playing for United - is a dream for me, and I just want to keep enjoying it and working hard."
Hernandez sees youth benefit | Manchester United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Donut

He does seem a bit rusty, but he still would have scored two easy tap ins if Cleverley or Young wouldn't have gone for goal.

davisjw

Head injuries like that can ruin a career. I'd take my time with his full comeback.

Shimo

That's a nice touch and solid shot of his weaker peg.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Hope he starts the next few games...in terms of opening up the game and danger I rate him higher than Welbeck.

Widnes

Hope he starts the next few games...in terms of opening up the game and danger I rate him higher than Welbeck.
With the way we have been opening teams up I would fancy him to get a couple against Bolton if he starts with Rooney.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'd bet my car he starts against Bolton, just because we'll want to keep our quick passing and moving game going.

The lastest article from SAF made it sound like Berbatov won't play till December.

MacMUFC

Christ, is it just me or has he bulked up significantly from last year? Hope he doesnt lose too much pace like Agbonlahor has. I'd rather Hernandez had a more wiry physique like Fernando Torres, but I guess the sports science team at United know more than me..

Status
Not open for further replies.