Javier Hernandez | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Silly attitude.
Exactly correct on what Hernandez did, I also see what Cole did as something any defender will do if they have a chance to stop a goal.
Oh, I am not blaming Hernandez, I just wish he would have stopped himself shot of pulling the trigger on that one. That is what I mean by he should have protected himself. A ref can not help you with a broken leg.
I hope he is alright.
Why do you feel the need to abuse me? Can you not just point out my error? Or you think I am just crazy or I am just wumming or something?
It isn't silly. He's a striker.......you cannot predict how a defender will go into a tackle. If you do you're not doing your job. Your job is to kick the ball if it's there to be kicked. It's like not going up for a header because you might get a knock to the head....

I abused you because it's primitive thinking. It's not personal but it shows a lack of understanding. Footballs a emotional game. The idea, you can be cool calm and collected like it's a sunday walk...just don't happen. Even in sunday league. When your a striker and your in that position, you shoot. You don't think, 'you know what? Cole might break my leg. I think he's going to jump'..by the time you've thought that the chance has gone and you've not done your job. There's is no way of protecting yourself on the pitch. You have to rely on other players not being cnuts and sadly some people are

Read he should be fine, will probably miss a game or two but looks like we've been lucky.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Back to training tomorrow according to his dad.

Happy days, lucky to walk away from it.

championo

Top Stalker
It isn't silly. He's a striker.......you cannot predict how a defender will go into a tackle. If you do you're not doing your job. Your job is to kick the ball if it's there to be kicked. It's like not going up for a header because you might get a knock to the head....

I abused you because it's primitive thinking. It's not personal but it shows a lack of understanding. Footballs a emotional game. The idea, you can be cool calm and collected like it's a sunday walk...just don't happen. Even in sunday league. When your a striker and your in that position, you shoot. You don't think, 'you know what? Cole might break my leg. I think he's going to jump'..by the time you've thought that the chance has gone and you've not done your job. There's is no way of protecting yourself on the pitch. You have to rely on other players not being cnuts and sadly some people are

Read he should be fine, will probably miss a game or two but looks like we've been lucky.

I understand where you are coming from, but as a defensive minded person, I can't my defenders to do whatever they can to prevent a goal scoring opportunity even if they have to dive head first.
Rooney would have pulled the ball back, he always does it, he watches what the defender was trying to do before he decides to strike.
I am not blaming Hernandez either, and you could be right about it being primitive. I have always been thought to protect myself always and not depend on anybody not to do something intentionally or unintentionally in order for me to not get hurt.

Anyway, incredible news that he will be back so soon, he must have rubber ligaments in those ankles. Did you see how his ankle got bent?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I understand where you are coming from, but as a defensive minded person, I can't my defenders to do whatever they can to prevent a goal scoring opportunity even if they have to dive head first.
Rooney would have pulled the ball back, he always does it, he watches what the defender was trying to do before he decides to strike.
I am not blaming Hernandez either, and you could be right about it being primitive. I have always been thought to protect myself always and not depend on anybody not to do something intentionally or unintentionally in order for me to not get hurt.

Anyway, incredible news that he will be back so soon, he must have rubber ligaments in those ankles. Did you see how his ankle got bent?
You must be the biggest wimp ever on a football pitch if you go out with that attitude. You'd be safer just stayin in the changin room.

TheReligion

Abusive
Been working all day so a bit behind with things.

What is the news on this guys injury? Was it a case of him being brought back too soon or a totally unrelated thing?

dar10nian

Fletchers biggest fan
From the slow mo replay, it seems Hernandez hit his head heavily on the turf after the tackle from woodgate and the stoke keeper. may be a concussion again.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Planning to buy a Chico Mexico jersey. Any idea if he usually wears Chicharito on the back or Hernandez or J. Hernandez? And a good shop online to buy it?

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Bad news if true. I think most Spanish/Latin speaking people 'dream' of playing for Real Madrid/Barca.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Journalist struggling for a story?

No problem, come and work for The Sun! Why work your ass off investigating leads and developing a solid story when you can just make that shit up!? And quotes? feck that! You won't need 'em, baby!

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Hernandez to Real rumours are bollocks, so much so that "Chicharito real madrid" was higher than "Chicharito Man united" on google last year

Lance Uppercut

They are buying Tevez. If they can afford him. And if he can subject himself to not being paid a quarter of a million pounds a week.

Tabloids are so awesome.

Kelvin

international break so come up with this lies, feck off Sun papers....

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
[INSERT UNITED PLAYER NAME] is a shock £30million target for Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants have put the Manchester United [INSERT POSITION] top of their wanted list.

But boss Alex Ferguson is desperate to keep the [AGE] [NATIONALITY] at Old Trafford.

United want him to sign a new five-year deal, tripling his wages from [WAGES]

But Real would be prepared to double that again and pay a transfer fee which represents five times what United bought the [POSITION] for when they took him from [PREVIOUS CLUB] for [FEE] just [LENGTH OF TIME AGO]
Aaaaaaaand repeat.

stubie

Typical Sun bollocks, but at least the Sun is not overhyping England's chances next summer at the Euros.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
This rumours been going for a while that Real Madrid want him and I do think that inevitably he will play there.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Trophy in Javier's town

Manchester United's Champions Trophy Tour arrived in Guadalajara, Mexico on Monday, with fans in Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez's home town thrilled to see the Barclays Premier League silverware.

Fans started to gather in the early afternoon at a Nike store in the city and the excitement built as more people arrived.

One fan - Carlos, aged 20 - was wearing a United shirt signed by various players. He told ManUtd.com, "It was an emotional experience lifting the cup, I couldn't believe it."

Betty Brown, a young Mexican of Scottish descent, has supported United all her life and gave the trophy a quick kiss before lifting it. "My dream is to one day go to Old Trafford," said Betty.

Like a lot of people in Mexico, Betty watches every United match, even if that means getting up at 06:30 in the morning, and cites Eric Cantona as her favourite player of all time with Ryan Giggs as her current favourite.

Marco had sneaked out of work early to get a peek at the trophy and even gave us a rendition of some United terrace chants.

"I'm 100 per cent dedicated to United," declared Marco.

Local press from Guadalajara showed up and were keen to interview Jim Turner, whose job it is to look after the trophy and keep it with him at all times. He calls it his "baby".

"The trophy comes onto the plane with me and has its own seat next to me," explained Turner. "It sleeps with me, goes into my bedroom and it stays with me everywhere."

After a couple of hours at the Nike store, Turner and his colleagues from Old Trafford took the trophy to the colonial heart of Guadalajara and stopped in front of the cathedral for a further photo opportunity.

Intrigued fans soon gathered round and took turns in getting a photo. Of course, Guadalajara is where Chicharito was born and bred and learned the skills that are serving him so well at United. The striker is wildly popular in these parts.

"Chicharito moves people," said Betty. "Ever since he signed, the number of Manchester United fans in Guadalajara has risen, but even before then there were fans here."

The Champions Trophy Tour moves to Pachuca on Tuesday and then Mexico City on Thursday. For venues and times, see our separate Club News story .
Mexico Chicarito related story

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sun writing more 'United player to leave' bollocks, I'm sure he'll sign a new contract soon.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Everyone has his price and a£30m we would most likely sell him (we'd be mad not to, £24m profit over two years) but Real aren't going to bid that much and I don't think their interest is genuine since they don't really need a striker like him at the minute.

stubie

Everyone has his price and a£30m we would most likely sell him (we'd be mad not to, £24m profit over two years) but Real aren't going to bid that much and I don't think their interest is genuine since they don't really need a striker like him at the minute.
I think Neymar is their preferred target

Kelvin

feck off when carroll goes for 35m our little pea is worth much more to us...and he is still only 23, feck the money, we are building a team and you don't do that by selling one of your best player.

davisjw

And you'd replace a young, proven EPL goal scoring striker for how much? Wouldn't be £30m.

Don't be ridiculous.

Anderson8

Madrid don't need him, they've already got Santiago Munez for all the Mexican marketing bollocks

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Because getting a Mexican player is huge marketing dream.
For us as well. He really doesn't seem like the sort to split, I see him staying with United for several years yet. I would think the only thing that would move him on is someone better coming in or some sort of form or injury problem that leads him to seek a place where he can get more games.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Apart from Ronaldo, how many players did we sell to Madrid against our wish?

Becks, RvN and Heinze were all sold due to other factors. Even with Ronaldo, we didn't buckle down, forced him to stay one more year and then got a great fee for him(compare that with Fabregas). Ridiculous how people think that once Real Madrid comes for our players, than it's inevitable that he'll go to them.

Sarni

feck off when carroll goes for 35m our little pea is worth much more to us...and he is still only 23, feck the money, we are building a team and you don't do that by selling one of your best player.
Yes, let's measure everyone's price by what Liverpool paid for Carroll in one of the most silly transfers of a decade. Why don't we go and add extra £25m on top of £16m we paid for Jones to be fair to Blackburn?

£30m is a great price for Hernandez.

Sarni

And you'd replace a young, proven EPL goal scoring striker for how much? Wouldn't be £30m.

Don't be ridiculous.
We'd still be left with Rooney and Welbeck as our first choice partnership, and Berbatov and Macheda on the bench. We'd likely bring someone as well, and with £30m we could probably invest some of the money into improving current midfield.

I'm not saying we should sell him, just pointing out that if Madrid came with such bid, it's possible we'd accept it because it's a very high amount of money we are talking about.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm pretty sure that Hernandez won't be sold for 30m. He's not even at his peak, still young plus he's a huge draw for us in Mexico and USA.

Though I don't know why we're discussing it on the basis of a Sun story.

Kelvin

Yes, let's measure everyone's price by what Liverpool paid for Carroll in one of the most silly transfers of a decade. Why don't we go and add extra £25m on top of £16m we paid for Jones to be fair to Blackburn?

£30m is a great price for Hernandez.
I also dunno why you think selling hernandez is a great idea...

Sarni

I also dunno why you think selling hernandez is a great idea...
Where exactly have I said it was a great idea? All I said is that £30m is a fair price for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.