Javier Hernandez | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hernández, who scored 20 goals in 45 appearances during his first taste in English football last season with Manchester United, is on an extended break after representing Mexico in last month’s Gold Cup and is not due to return until Paul Scholes’ testimonial against New York Cosmos on Aug 5.

The 23 year-old has already been linked with Real Madrid - speculation rejected by his representatives - since the end of last season and, although there are no concerns within Old Trafford of ‘Chicharito’ being lured away by a rival club, United’s policy of recognising the progress of emerging stars is set to see him rewarded with a pay rise and extended deal.

A £7 million signing from Chivas de Guadalajara, Hernandez’s current four-year deal is understood to be structured to ensure renegotiation on the basis of appearances, with Sir Alex Ferguson admitting recently that the youngster exceeded all expectations last season.
Manchester United set to reward Javier Hernandez with new deal - Telegraph

:drool:

Anderson8

'I respect United,' said the Brighton manager, 'but there are much bigger teams, including Real Madrid.

'Due to their history they are bigger than United. I don't think it would be a surprise for Chicharito to go to Real.'

feck off Poyet.

prateik

Dont get it.
He has never had anything to do with United, Madrid and he isnt Mexican
why is he talking about United, Madrid and Hernandez?

and if he was asked about it, why the feck would he be asked about it :/

random...

that said, feck off and get sacked

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
As I said, I do see Hernandez one day joining Madrid, but it will be after a few years yet.

Ekeke

I think it depends how much Hernandez improves his all round game. Madrid supporters wont even be happy with him if he's scoring nearly every week, if he doesnt do it in a certain way with flair and skill and looks good in every aspect of play.

Plus you never know, he might actually want to stay here even if they do front the big money for him.

Cal?

CR7 fan
'I respect United,' said the Brighton manager, 'but there are much bigger teams, including Real Madrid.

'Due to their history they are bigger than United. I don't think it would be a surprise for Chicharito to go to Real.'

feck off Poyet.
Idiot... one could make a case for Real Madrid being bigger, so that's ONE.

There certainly aren't teamS who are bigger than United.

Drifter

American
I get the feeling with Hernandez that he will be around for a while yet.And it's just Poyets opinion nothing to get flustered about.

Siorac

Idiot... one could make a case for Real Madrid being bigger, so that's ONE.

There certainly aren't teamS who are bigger than United.
Not to mention he said MUCH bigger which is just nonsense. He makes it sound like we're Norwich and Real Madrid are, well, Manchester United.

Sir A1ex

Poyet only serves to embarrass himself there.

There are two teams int he world who are arguably a little bigger than United, depending on your view.

There are no teams in the world that are much bigger than United.

What a tit.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Poyet only serves to embarrass himself there.

There are two teams int he world who are arguably a little bigger than United, depending on your view.

There are no teams in the world that are much bigger than United.

What a tit.
The 2nd one escapes me.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Barcelona.
I don't think one can make a good argument that Barca are bigger than us, not at all.

They aren't even the biggest or most successful club in their own country.

MacMUFC

Only Madrid are a slightly bigger club than us. Barcelona? Nah. I doubt anyone would've said that in 2008.

Poyet is a no mark gobshite.

Irwin

I don't think one can make a good argument that Barca are bigger than us, not at all.

That's why they're 2nd

Siorac

I'm not saying they are bigger but a good argument can be made. They are popular worldwide, just as we are - hard to determine exactly which club has more fans. They won more trophies during their history, they have a significantly bigger stadium, they had more Balon d'Or winners.

By the way, you could also make an argument about AC Milan being at least on a par with United, as a club, with their success, history, pedigree.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'm not saying they are bigger but a good argument can be made. They are popular worldwide, just as we are - hard to determine exactly which club has more fans. They won more trophies during their history, they have a significantly bigger stadium, they had more Balon d'Or winners.

By the way, you could also make an argument about AC Milan being at least on a par with United, as a club, with their success, history, pedigree.
Not hard at all, every report ever produced has either Real Madrid or Manchester United as the most supported clubs in the world, not Barcelona.

They have won slightly more trophies in a 2 club league, trailing Real Madrid by a long long way, we're the most successful in a much more competitive league.

AC Milan you could make an argument for...

Sir A1ex

I never said a good argument, but the status they've held for the last couple of years could push them to our level in some people's eyes, using some pretty dumb criteria.

Maybe I should have said three though, as it's fair to say Milan are as likely to qualify as Barca, if not more so.

That's not specifically relevant, is it? Even I would admit that Liverpool are a bigger club than Shamrock Rovers, for example.

VoetbalWizard

Not hard at all, every report ever produced has either Real Madrid or Manchester United as the most supported clubs in the world, not Barcelona.

They have won slightly more trophies in a 2 club league, trailing Real Madrid by a long long way, we're the most successful in a much more competitive league.

AC Milan you could make an argument for...
milan aren't the biggest club on their home soil.

juve is bigger than milan.

Sir A1ex

Again, depends on criteria. Some people might even argue that the likes of Bayern, Ajax and Liverpool should also be in the running.

But the point is, while there may be a small number of clubs we are in competition with size wise, it's preposterous to claim that any are "much bigger" than us.

My opinion, and probably most people's, is that Real are probably the only club that are bigger than us at all. But it is subjective.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Milan do have a stunning EC/CL record though, the same cannot be said for Barca. (I know they now have 1 more than us).

MUFC07

Chicharito's Grandmother passed away a few hours ago, his dad's mother.

R.I.P. We know how much she loved him.

Best wishes to him and his family.

CR#7

poor guy hes going to be hurting for awhile RIP

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
RIP too

The "only little positive point" here is that his grandma saw him in the last days and he saw his grandma in the last days.

Her husband, her son and her grandson have played for Mexico at the World Cup finals.........what a woman. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.