Javier Hernandez | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Think it's sad for Hernandez , but he does need a rest , hopefully we'll see the benefits next season.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good decision. Hernandez is probably gutted but I'm sure SAF explained the decision to him and told him the best thing for him is to rest. Hopefully he'll have a full pre-season behind him this time and is fresh for the start of next season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Feel sorry for him in a way as it would have been a great experience for him, and if he hadn't been playing so much in preseason the previous two years I'm sure he would have been allowed to play in the Olympics this year. He does need the rest though and it is the best decision for both him and the club.

Cina

He needs to learn how to pass a fecking football over the Summer.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I think a mod should put a | Sir Alex: "He's not going to the Olympics"

Lots of people might not know about this discussion, I keep forgetting.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I could understand if Hernandez is really pissed off. I understand our reasoning but sympathise with him.
Why would he be annoyed? He's got the 2013 Confederations Cup, 2014 World Cup and 2015 Gold Cup all to come. If he played in the Olympics it'd mean no summer break for 5 years on the trot enough to burn out even the fittest of players. Somewhere along the line something had to give.

rojinegroz

disappointing news, was really looking forward to watching him play in the olympics. let him have june off, skip the united preseason and let him play in the olympics. they are in england after all, not like hes flying half way around the world like the rest of the team will be doing in their preseason tour.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He missed the last pre-season because of Mexico obligations, IIRC, Sir Alex probably feels it's important for him to not take off two pre-seasons in a row, he'll want him to start the EPL campaign strong.

Edmeiste

disappointing news, was really looking forward to watching him play in the olympics. let him have june off, skip the united preseason and let him play in the olympics. they are in england after all, not like hes flying half way around the world like the rest of the team will be doing in their preseason tour.
yea it would be nice to see him play in it, but based on his recent form, it might not have lived up to your expectations

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Came on as a sub for Mexico against Bosnia and got the winner in the last minute of the game today, had one other good chance earlier that the keeper saved.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Great to see him get on the score sheet. As well as being tired at the tail end of the season Chico looked like he was also lacking confidence. A goal will lift his morale.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
24 goals in 36 games, the quality of the opposition he's scored against is varied but he's got goals against top national sides like Spain, Holland, France and Argentina.

Sylar

The funny thing is the finish wasnt that great either but he still scores. He does that quite often. Good on him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm quite confident that next year could be a really good year for him. His problem at times has been that he hasn't properly been rested, because he's been playing each summer, and like others have said, it's caught up with him. Over the summer though, he'll have an ideal chance to rest and I really think next season could be a great one for him.

prateik

We went wide too often last season. In his first season, with Val injured and no Young, we had a lot of play through the middle and I thought it helped him.

If we get Kagawa, it would suggest Fergie is trying to address the lack of creativity through the middle.. If that is sorted, I expect him to have a better season.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I have a horrible feeling Hernandez may well turn into a one season wonder for us. I sincerely hope not of course.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's been through tough times before and turned his career round. That and his international record has me confident enough that last season will be looked back on as a blip.

Besides, for a season we all found so disappointing he got a decent amount ot goals, all things considered.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He's become almost a forgotten man, everyone on here posting their desired formations for next season and i don't think i've seen one with Hernandez in it.

Tbh i don't think we've been playing to his strengths very well this season. He's always playing on the shoulder but our through balls have been nowhere near incisive enough with Scholes and Carrick usually dictating play from deeper and a lot of our play going out wide. I'm hoping Kagawa and him could work well together as he seems to be a man with an eye for a killer ball. For all the chat about Rooneys creativity i think his through balls can be very erratic.

I think also defenders have caught on a bit about Hernandez, and are playing that bit deeper against him so he'll have to be have a bit more to his game next season. Where he struggled the most was his first touch, which cost him so many shots on goal. Hopefully with a good break he'll come back revitalised and that spark will return. When he's not scoring goals he's not bringing that much to the side, whereas even when Welbecks not scoring goals he brings a lot to our all round game.

Status
Not open for further replies.