Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I disagree. Papers are just linking every big transfer to us, which is common so they can make money. Its only the passing game that Welbeck maybe better than him but everything else he can do a better job.
Welbeck is a much much better footballer than Hernandez. Passing, build up, harder worker, drops deep, goes out wide. Far better football brain.

Hernandez is a better finisher, but even that is something I think Welbeck can and will improve on.

Pressure is on Hernandez this season.

Varun

Staff
Welbeck is a much much better footballer than Hernandez. Passing, build up, harder worker, drops deep, goes out wide. Far better football brain.

Hernandez is a better finisher, but even that is something I think Welbeck can and will improve on.

Pressure is on Hernandez this season.
Agree that Welbeck is the better striker but Hernandez offers us a totally different threat. His movement is the best among our strikers and the lad is a very good finisher. He works hard and chases down a lot too.

But yeah, welbeck has the much better allround game, something hernandez will definitely improve upon with time.

Dont see either of them being under much pressure unless we bring in a RVP.

OB

Hernandez showed improvement in his overall game last season, he had worked hard on it. With time, definitely his game will improve. Welbeck has the edge for this season. Still i see both of them getting enough oppurtunities to show themselves.

kps88

I disagree. Papers are just linking every big transfer to us, which is common so they can make money.
Fergie has confirmed our bid for RVP. That's enough for me to assume Fergie doesn't trust Welbeck/Hernandez as much as we all think to be our second striker.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hernandez showed improvement in his overall game last season, he had worked hard on it. With time, definitely his game will improve. Welbeck has the edge for this season. Still i see both of them getting enough oppurtunities to show themselves.
I thought Hernandez at best stagnated last season

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Problem for him was missing out on a large chunk of preseason due to injury or international duty so by the time he came back the season had already began and Rooney and Welbeck were looking like the first choice partnership. Early on in the season Welbeck picked up an injury and Hernandez had a few chances including scoring a few goals but he didn't look great.

Now he's got the benefit of (hopefully) a full preseason it should help as he'll have plenty of opportunity for game time with Welbeck and Rooney joining the tour later on.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Fantastic player, but for me he needs to address a couple of things this year. His first touch can sometimes be poor, and also he needs to time his runs better, the amount of times he gets caught offside in a game gets frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the lad, I just think that if he addressed those issues, then he would be well on his way to being something special.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Problem for him was missing out on a large chunk of preseason due to injury or international duty so by the time he came back the season had already began and Rooney and Welbeck were looking like the first choice partnership. Early on in the season Welbeck picked up an injury and Hernandez had a few chances including scoring a few goals but he didn't look great.

Now he's got the benefit of (hopefully) a full preseason it should help as he'll have plenty of opportunity for game time with Welbeck and Rooney joining the tour later on.
He got concussed in preseason as well. That didn't help him get off to a great start tbh.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm not worried about Hernandez. He's never offered enough to be seen as a proper first teamer in my eyes but he's a great poacher. He'll get games here and there but his career with us will be mainly from the bench.

Ekeke

Its completely dependant on how consistantly he puts the ball in the back of the net. If he's getting 25 a season as Scholes and Sir Alex talked about in his first season its quite possible he'll be first choice in years to come.

The immediate task for him is to get his touch back so he can take the ball in advanced areas and that'll help him a lot with getting on the scoresheet again

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He got concussed in preseason as well. That didn't help him get off to a great start tbh.
Yeah that is what I meant by injury. Stopping him from going to the Olympics was the best thing for him otherwise he'd end up never having a decent preseason due to international fixtures of some sort.

We've got some players who'll be able to provide excellent balls to him. It's just up to Hernandez now to improve his first touch and make the most out of them.

Smores

Kagawa's going to really help Hernandez prosper this season imo. Last season he was shattered from having no rest for a couple of seasons and on top of that we changed the way we played by becoming slower and less direct. Having someone to feed balls through the centre is going to make a big difference.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Kagawa's going to really help Hernandez prosper this season imo. Last season he was shattered from having no rest for a couple of seasons and on top of that we changed the way we played by becoming slower and less direct. Having someone to feed balls through the centre is going to make a big difference.
Yeah those were my thought as well, the two could link up brilliantly.

But it's not looking like he'll feature in any big way this season if we get Van Persie. He'll be relegated to 4th choice to partner Kagawa up top, so could be another frstrating season.

Robbie Boy

I really don't think he showed any improvement at all. If anything, I thought he looked a better player in 10/11. He looked short of confidence at times last season and he needs to improve in various aspects of his game.

Hopefully a good rest this summer will serve him well.

thepolice123

He really needs to work hard on his technique. In today's game we need the forwards to be involved in the play as much as possible. We can't do with a player who has a poor first touch and poor passing ability.

Smores

He really needs to work hard on his technique. In today's game we need the forwards to be involved in the play as much as possible. We can't do with a player who has a poor first touch and poor passing ability.
I disagree completely, we need a variety of players and he fulfills a role as our only natural poacher. Nobody cared about his lack of overall game when he was on form and we were getting the best out of him. He just needs to get back to being a world class poacher again.

Ash_G

I disagree completely, we need a variety of players and he fulfills a role as our only natural poacher. Nobody cared about his lack of overall game when he was on form and we were getting the best out of him. He just needs to get back to being a world class poacher again.
Unless he does a Gomez as a poacher and gets a large goal return I think he'll need to up his game to become a fixture in the team. Certainly as a poacher he has an important role in the squad but without that goal tally, his overall game needs to be much better.

Smores

Unless he does a Gomez as a poacher and gets a large goal return I think he'll need to up his game to become a fixture in the team. Certainly as a poacher he has an important role in the squad but without that goal tally, his overall game needs to be much better.

Him getting that impressive goal tally is very much dependent on the rest of the team unfortunately for him. As long as we fail to be incisive and control from midfield then a poacher isn't' going to prosper, which is why we're currently dependent on our strikers having an all round game really.

He's an important option to have but we shouldn't play him if he's not suited to the game.

Ash_G

Him getting that impressive goal tally is very much dependent on the rest of the team unfortunately for him. As long as we fail to be incisive and control from midfield then a poacher isn't' going to prosper, which is why we're currently dependent on our strikers having an all round game really.

He's an important option to have but we shouldn't play him if he's not suited to the game.
I dunno I can't think of many top teams who just have poachers. I think strikers these days are expected to be more involved. Also we might not control the midfield well enough in some games but we do it in most and Hernandez missed a lot of chances or was caught offside last season through his own faults most the time.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bad signs today. Looked far more calm and composed crossing the ball into Kagawa for his headed chance than he did in goalscoring positions. When your striker looks better making chances than taking chances there are issues that need sorting. Chico's confidence seems rock bottom. Bizarre since he scored for Mexico not long ago too.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Cant pretend im not disappointed in little pea at the moment. Whether its lack of match fitness, lack of confidence or that shit pitch I don't know, but he seems to struggle with the simplest of things at times and its so frustrating.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His last two games were nothing better than Bebe's legendary games for us, he really needs to raise his form through the next month or so, he fecked up everything whenever he was close to the ball.

If he continues his bad form from last season I won't be surprised to see Fergie leaving macheda in the team for this season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That's what pre-season tours are for. He'll eventually catch his true form.

Needs to pray harder, perhaps... or soon, maybe, he'll have a chance to ask RVP for advice. That would be an interesting day.

No real worries about him.

mightberight

That's what pre-season tours are for. He'll eventually catch his true form.

Needs to pray harder, perhaps... or soon, maybe, he'll have a chance to ask RVP for advice. That would be an interesting day.

No real worries about him.
It's what he was playing like for the majority of last season, though - like he was playing in pre-season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now due to his heavy workload over the last year, but it's not kneejerk.

buckooo1978

maybe its selective thinking but I don't remember his all round game being as bad in his first season

He has a big season ahead of him and I don't see him displacing Welbeck if we are starting 2 up front

nice cross for the Kagawa header yesterday though

if he manages to stay onside I could see him really doing well from passes like the cracker Kagawa played to him yesterday - he needs to stay cool when he's through on goal though - he looks like a player playing under pressure

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I still think he's a very good striker to have and will have a large impact particularly from the bench but it's funny how only a year ago when Real Madrid were rumoured to be set to make a £25m bid everyone on here said that the supposed bid was ludicrous and way undervalued.

OB

I thought Hernandez at best stagnated last season
I really don't think he showed any improvement at all. If anything, I thought he looked a better player in 10/11. He looked short of confidence at times last season and he needs to improve in various aspects of his game.

Hopefully a good rest this summer will serve him well.
Yes, he had a better 10/11 season. But his overall game improved last season. His passing, linking up, crossing, compared to his first season. It definitely needs to be worked on more, as it is still not as good as need, but comparatively to his first season, it was better.

Dyslexic Untied

Yes, he had a better 10/11 season. But his overall game improved last season. His passing, linking up, crossing, compared to his first season. It definitely needs to be worked on more, as it is still not as good as need, but comparatively to his first season, it was better.
At times last year I actually thought his all round play got worse. There were games where he looked like he could not trap or pass a ball if he were outside of the 16 m box.

Strange player really, but he defo has a role to play with us. Not a starting one I think, but still.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"I would swap every one of my goals for a title with Manchester United."

"I don't want to be obsessed with scoring goals, I don't want to be only that player who only scores goals, and if I score goals I've played well and if I didn't score goals I played badly.

"If the goals are coming then good, but as I've always said, I would swap every one of my goals for a title with Manchester United."
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7955181/Chicharito-Confident-Of-Title

Decotron

I know its been mentioned already but the addition of Kagawa will really help him this season. His own lack of form/loss of pace gets far too much focus on here. Players of his ilk always go through games looking a bit out of sorts he just needs a certain type of service. Something we didnt really provide him with last season. He'll always be a fantastic option from the bench...

MichaelS

Personally want to see him succeed. he was my favourite player in his first season here, and was key in winning us back the title and getting us to the CL final. All seems somewhat forgotten since Wellbeck took his place.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
He needs to time his runs better, it seems like he's offside every single time the ball is played through. It was one of those things that he was great at in his first season, but last season it seems like he was just a little bit too impatient and eager to impress, and who can blame him? I think we'll see a sharper Hernandez now that he's gotten some much needed rest, and his runs will be timed better because of it. I'm just happy that we got such quality players to select when we need them!

KGBhoy

Is he ever going to score again for United? Couple of good chances today and he ended up on his arse instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.