Javier Hernandez | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Provided our only spark up top today, played with heart, energy and skill, deserved an assist, shame he'll likely be shopped off in the summer.

Lance Uppercut

From the same place we got the exact same fecking number of points the season before RVP signed. The players who his signing fecked over, the ones who now either want to leave or had to bribed a small fortune to stay. You know, the ones who are actually fit much of the time and aren't over 30.
You didn't name a player. Smart move.

Blasphemy

From the same place we got the exact same fecking number of points the season before RVP signed. The players who his signing fecked over, the ones who now either want to leave or had to bribed a small fortune to stay. You know, the ones who are actually fit much of the time and aren't over 30.
I think you're really underrating RVP's form last season. He near single handedly carried us to the title in the first 6 months of the season. Welbeck or Hernandez have never shown anything like the form he did in that period.

Chabon

Why would I feel the need to name a player when I repeatedly did so earlier and, AND, we are literally posting in a thread name after one of them.

Lance Uppercut

I think you're really underrating RVP's form last season. He near single handedly carried us to the title in the first 6 months of the season. Welbeck or Hernandez have never shown anything like the form he did in that period.
Correct. But apparently, because we got the same points total the previous season, we were guaranteed to get it again. For some reason.

Chabon

Not guaranteed, but why would we have suddenly drastically declined had we not signed RVP?

Ibi Dreams

What on earth are you babbling about?

Robin van Persie's 26 goals were directly responsible, in terms of equalisers or match-winners, for 26 of United's 88 points.

With no RVP, where are those points coming from?
I believe in his first season with us Hernandez scored the match winning goal in 7 games. 7x3 is 21, not worlds apart from 26! It's all conjecture, but Hernandez has proven his match winning ability for us before and I don't see why he couldn't again.

Lance Uppercut

Why would I feel the need to name a player when I repeatedly did so earlier and, AND, we are literally posting in a thread name after one of them.
So you believe Hernandez would have been directly responsible for 26 points? Based on what, exactly?

Chabon

So you believe Hernandez would have been directly responsible for 26 points? Based on what, exactly?
No, you goddamn genius, I believe the rest of the team collectively would have been able to get the majority of those points, exactly as they had the year before. This is why I brought up Ruud, because it's a weird mirror version of "WHERE WILL THE GOALS COME FROM?!". Except this is the equivalent of still screaming that a year after we sold him.

Lance Uppercut

No, you goddamn genius, I believe the rest of the team collectively would have been able to get the majority of those points, exactly as they had the year before.
:lol:

Jesus f*cking christ. Think about what you just said. Then punch yourself in the face.

Lance Uppercut

Team gets X points one season. Obviously should get the same the next season.

Except that isn't how it works. At all. Do you require an example? I can think of a real juicy one.

Chabon

Team gets X points one season. Obviously should get the same the next season.

Except that isn't how it works. At all. Do you require an example? I can think of a real juicy one.
No, what I actually said is that there is no reason to believe that we would have significantly declined from a team capable of 89 points. Why would we have, go on, give me one reason we would suddenly have turned shit had we not signed the sainted Robin Van Persie? You either give me some fecking reasons, actually contribute an argument to this discussion, or feck off.

Lance Uppercut

No, what I actually said is that there is no reason to believe that we would have significantly declined from a team capable of 89 points. Why would we have, go on, give me one reason we would suddenly have turned shit had we not signed the sainted Robin Van Persie? You either give me some fecking reasons, actually contribute an argument to this discussion, or feck off.
Who said we would have turned to shit without signing RVP? Why do you have to make shit up all the time? I can see that you aren't particularly bright but this is just incredibly weak.

Chabon

Who said we would have turned to shit without signing RVP? Why do you have to make shit up all the time? I can see that you aren't particularly bright but this is just incredibly weak.
I see, so your response to my repeated requests that you actually provide an actual justification for the claim that we would have been unable to win last season's title without RVP is A. I should punch myself in the face, and B. 'I can see that you aren't particularly bright'.

I bet you win loads of arguments.

edit: Sod it, I don't care if this very pot/kettle, I'm ignoring you and reporting you.

Lance Uppercut

This is painful.

In the season without RVP we achieved 89 points. Where did we finish again?

In the season with RVP, we won the league at a canter.

Were you repeatedly dropped on your f*cking head or something? Is this some kind of wind up?

Lance Uppercut

Do you ignore and report someone every time you make an ass of yourself?

Revan

Assumptionman
This argument is academic anyway because Fergie was going to sell Rooney had he stayed. That was proved by Sir Alex's decision to start Hernandez with Van Persie for the last couple of games last season.

Rooney's performance today at Everton has added to the sense that Fergie may well have been right about opting for Van Persie over Rooney too.
I don't know how this is even debatable. RVP is by far a better player than Rooney, on everything (including English language). I really have never got the Rooney hype, I really don't get how on Earth he has been labelled world class when he probably has been world class for only two seasons in his entire career. I also find it funny how at times here people say that he scores a lot of goals (I remember discussing with someone that Rooney is a 25 goal striker) when he only has scored that much or more on only 2 seasons. The most overrated player of all time.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Why? City dropped substantially from their level the previous season, why would what we had not have been enough when it had been so brilliant the year before?

You mean where we were when they did lead the line for us? CL finalists, title contenders, champions of England, that kind of thing?

Again, why would we have scored less?
It's fairly obvious. RVP was crucial to us in 2012/2013. Again, I like Hernandez and Welbeck, but neither of them would have been capable of filling the role he did that season. 2011/2012 is irrelevant to this particular season, although if we do bring it in then Rooney's decreased goal tally would've played a part. The simple fact is that RVP was probably our best player that year, and one of the best players in the league as well. Hernandez and Welbeck are both good players in their own right, but neither of them are world class and could not be left to hold on the frontline together if Rooney was not in good form. Thus, without RVP winning the league would have been much more of a struggle. It's fairly obvious to be honest.

Do you accept that RVP was one of the league's best players last season?

Blasphemy

No, you goddamn genius, I believe the rest of the team collectively would have been able to get the majority of those points, exactly as they had the year before. This is why I brought up Ruud, because it's a weird mirror version of "WHERE WILL THE GOALS COME FROM?!". Except this is the equivalent of still screaming that a year after we sold him.
I'd say part of the reason we've been so bad this season (Moyes is a massive part obviously) is because RVP's never fit. Hernandez, Rooney and Welbeck aren't good enough to pick up the slack for us like he did. Yeah in 2011/12 they were our first choice but we also had Rio, Carrick, Evra and Vidic in way, way better form than they are now and we didn't actually win the league that season and exited the UCL in the group stage. SAF signed RVP because he realised that Welbeck/Hernandez/Rooney wasn't good enough for a team who wanted to win in Europe and Berbatov's flaws had become obvious.

You go on and on about playing Rooney with Hernandez and Rooney with Welbeck but the season we did that we won jack all and get knocked out of Europe by Basel and Benfica before getting absolutely outclassed by Athletic Bilbao, that's why SAF signed Van Persie.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'd say part of the reason we've been so bad this season (Moyes is a massive part obviously) is because RVP's never fit. Hernandez, Rooney and Welbeck aren't good enough to pick up the slack for us like he did. Yeah in 2011/12 they were our first choice but we also had Rio, Carrick, Evra and Vidic in way, way better form than they are now and we didn't actually win the league that season and exited the UCL in the group stage. SAF signed RVP because he realised that Welbeck/Hernandez/Rooney wasn't good enough for a team who wanted to win in Europe and Berbatov's flaws had become obvious.

You go on and on about playing Rooney with Hernandez and Rooney with Welbeck but the season we did that we won jack all and get knocked out of Europe by Basel and Benfica before getting absolutely outclassed by Athletic Bilbao, that's why SAF signed Van Persie.
When Van Persie has been fit he has also looked ineffective due to the rubbish football we've produced. Its a testament to Van Persie's greatness that he has 17 goals for this season.

I don't believe it was a mistake to sign Van Persie, it made it more certain we'd regain the title, but I'm not sure it would have been impossible for us to win it without him.

Its not Van Persie's fault Hernandez hasn't had more chances, likewise Welbeck. Signing him was always going to effect the playing time of others, but when you look at how Moyes has managed the squad you can't say its all Robin's fault.

Both Hernandez and Welbeck seemed ok with their roles under Fergie. However, when Robin and Rooney have been out or obviously unfit Moyes has still refused to put his trust in them.

Hernandez has looked red hot recently but Moyes still won't let him have a chance. After scoring two goals straight and assisting Hernandez got dropped for a half fit Rooney. Rooney was awful today and still go to stay on the pitch regardless, only to waste the chance Hernandez made for him. If you're Hernandez or Welbeck and you see that you must think 'if I dont even get a chance when one of the big names is unfit or injured, when...?'

Blasphemy

When Van Persie has been fit he has also looked ineffective due to the rubbish football we've produced. Its a testament to Van Persie's greatness that he has 17 goals for this season.

I don't believe it was a mistake to sign Van Persie, it made it more certain we'd regain the title, but I'm not sure it would have been impossible for us to win it without him.
Last year was clearly a bit of a gimme for us. Arsenal were still in their austerity phase, Liverpool were nothing like they are now, City were falling apart because Mancini had pissed off the entire club and Chelsea were still recovering from 7th place and had a manager the fans hated for most of the season. That's not to say we wouldn't have won the league in others seasons, but it was definitely one of the easier title wins we've had because all the competition were a bit crap. Maybe we could have won it without RVP but there really was so many games where just single handedly dug us out with spectacular individual displays that clearly are above and beyond Welbeck or Hernandez.

Its not Van Persie's fault Hernandez hasn't had more chances, likewise Welbeck. Signing him was always going to effect the playing time of others, but when you look at how Moyes has managed the squad you can't say its all Robin's fault.

Both Hernandez and Welbeck seemed ok with their roles under Fergie. However, when Robin and Rooney have been out or obviously unfit Moyes has still refused to put his trust in them.

Hernandez has looked red hot recently but Moyes still won't let him have a chance. After scoring two goals straight and assisting Hernandez got dropped for a half fit Rooney. Rooney was awful today and still go to stay on the pitch regardless, only to waste the chance Hernandez made for him. If you're Hernandez or Welbeck and you see that you must think 'if I dont even get a chance when one of the big names is unfit or injured, when...?'
I think you're overrating Hernandez's recent displays. Basically he looked like he gave a sh*t today but he didn't actually do or create much, he just tried a bit. It's only the contrast to the rest of our dross that made that look halfway decent. Against Newcastle, well they're the worst team in the league right now. They've lost the last five games in a row scoring one goal, there's nothing to be learnt from anyone having a good game or scoring against Newcastle. They couldn't care less about football right now.

AlwaysRedwood

I think you're overrating Hernandez's recent displays. Basically he looked like he gave a sh*t today but he didn't actually do or create much, he just tried a bit. It's only the contrast to the rest of our dross that made that look halfway decent. Against Newcastle, well they're the worst team in the league right now. They've lost the last five games in a row scoring one goal, there's nothing to be learnt from anyone having a good game or scoring against Newcastle. They couldn't care less about football right now.
Disagree. He's been creating chances for others and playing very well.

Devil may care

I thought he was excellent when he came on today, just a ball of energy and was involved in our best link up play with Mata. Wish he'd scored that chance near the end.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I think that he nutmegged like 3 or 4 players today, crazy stuff. Shame he missed his chance in the end but I hope that he'll get those 20-30 minute ends in those 3 last games, deserves them and I hope that we shackle him somewhere so he doesn't go.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't know how this is even debatable. RVP is by far a better player than Rooney, on everything (including English language). I really have never got the Rooney hype, I really don't get how on Earth he has been labelled world class when he probably has been world class for only two seasons in his entire career. I also find it funny how at times here people say that he scores a lot of goals (I remember discussing with someone that Rooney is a 25 goal striker) when he only has scored that much or more on only 2 seasons. The most overrated player of all time.
Whoa... Steady there

RuudTom83

Hernandez should be making an appearance every match, why have Rooney/RVP running around for 90 minutes when you can spread the match time with Javier.

Play the ego's for 70 minutes and then let Hernandez come on for the remainder of the match. Simples

Ekeke

He's had good starts and sub appearances for the past few months, we always seem to look more dangerous with him on the pitch. That said he should have scored today with that chance.

HabeasC

You are massively underrating him.

He was very good on the ball and kept possession well.

He made a brilliant run, that to be honest, I haven't seen one of our strikers make (bar maybe Welbeck) in a while and his link up play with Mata was brilliant.

He definitely deserves more time on the pitch and he has clearly been working on his dribbling and ball control.

Blasphemy

You are massively underrating him.

He was very good on the ball and kept possession well.

He made a brilliant run, that to be honest, I haven't seen one of our strikers make (bar maybe Welbeck) in a while and his link up play with Mata was brilliant.

He definitely deserves more time on the pitch and he has clearly been working on his dribbling and ball control.
I made that comment after the Everton game, not today.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yet again, a great little cameo for Hernandez when he come on today, but can any remember the last time he scored a one v one where he has to think about it?

The last one I can think of is where he missed against Sunderland in the COC Semi Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.