Javier Hernandez | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
That game really summed up my opinion about him. A good option off the bench but just can't see how people think he deserves a starting spot.

I saw some people in the matchday thread saying they were laughing at the prospect of Hernandez giving the run around to O'shea and Brown. In what world is he going to give it to those two.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Runs in behind I assume. Although, Sunderland sat deep and blocked such runs. Our crosses were also shit. Therefore we created nothing for him.

Saying that, his touch was worse than normal and even when he had chances he messed them up. Like him as a player, but if we're getting £20 Million offers, he should be sold.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
At a club like United though, you have to accept teams are going to sit in and restrict the space in behind, he has to learn how to deal with it. Again, not laying any blame on him, he wasn't helped by service and he hasn't had a good run of games. But I just don't see a future for him unless he is happy for the bench, which he isn't.

red_devil83

Runs in behind I assume. Although, Sunderland sat deep and blocked such runs. Our crosses were also shit. Therefore we created nothing for him.

Saying that, his touch was worse than normal and even when he had chances he messed them up. Like him as a player, but if we're getting £20 Million offers, he should be sold.
I think we'd be lucky to get £12m

ZDwyr

If we can get that much then I'd do it. I like him, he's just never going to be good enough for us to be a starter. I didn't think he was very good, but the service was dreadful.

NoPace

Considering that strikers cost the most, Hernandez's age, the fact that he's got the 3rd highest goals per 90 minutes rate in Prem History (behind Thierry Henry and Aguero, though Suarez and Lukaku look likely to pass him at the rate they're going at) his lack of injuries and his fantastic scoring rate for Mexico (35 in 58), I definitely think someone would offer 20million for him.

It's hard (although doable) to go down with a 20 goal scorer, and give Hernandez 35 starts alone up top and he'll hit that mark.

Looking at strikers coming to Prem teams last summer and January, Negredo and Jovetic went for 25 and 30, Soldado for 25 I think, Bony went for 12 million, Long and Jelavic went for 6-7 each. I think Hernandez for around 20 looks right to me, maybe even a few million higher if he scores a couple world cup goals this summer.

Not sure it will be a Prem team, though, unless Martinez can't get Lukaku or Wenger realizes Hernandez would be worth 20 million even if he was only splitting with Giroud and getting goals off the bench, feasting off Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla through balls.

When you consider how many strikers, like Berbatov, struggle to score off the bench, and how often strikers get chucked on to the pitch and asked to get a goal in the last half-hour...

I wouldn't be shocked if a top continental team was willing to pay 20 for Hernandez, considering that he opens up the Mexican market, too.

I could see him being Costa's replacement at Atletico Madrid (with the 20 million or so profit on that trade going to their debt and keeping other players) with how hard he works, or going to Real Madrid if they don't rate Morata, as the backup 9 to Benzema, or to Monaco if Falcao leaves.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Looked lively, and Mexico actually started to look more dangerous, and after all, they scored 3 goals after he was brought on. He can always be useful as sub no doubt.

Sid234

His movement for that corner is insane.. ESPN showed it from an angle where you could see him realize that the ball might get flicked on and start darting to the far post while the defenders at the back were still ball watching, expecting it to never reach them..

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Btw, our players are in good goalscoring form on this WC, good to see.

Ling

11 games without scoring for NT, I'm glad for him. Does he offer more than Peralta?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Btw, our players are in good goalscoring form on this WC, good to see.
The only good thing about the Moyes era as far as our players go is that they pretty much gave up trying in Feb and most are in good form for the WC.

Glanville95

Not exactly a difficult finish, but his predatory instincts are outstanding. Didn't notice on first view, but he anticipates the flick on and makes a run before it actually happens. Good to see so many United players scoring at the WC.

Lane

11 games without scoring for NT, I'm glad for him. Does he offer more than Peralta?
Yes he does, but coach believes in this guy, Peralta i mean. Mexico have a new coach, he took a team in the closing stages on qualification only and Peralta became a leader, scored shitload of important goals. So he is gonna play, it's like a loyalty thing. Chicharito would need either to be a sub or fight for a second CF position with Dos Santos, a different type of player.

Lane

Nice game for him, broke the curse so to speak, but it's play-off against Holland. That would be hard.

Ling

Yes he does, but coach believes in this guy, Peralta i mean. Mexico have a new coach, he took a team in the closing stages on qualification only and Peralta became a leader, scored shitload of important goals. So he is gonna play, it's like a loyalty thing. Chicharito would need either to be a sub or fight for a second CF position with Dos Santos, a different type of player.
He's never going to bench Gio, he's their best player. Shame for Hernandez, he has terrific record for Mexico.

Lane

He's never going to bench Gio, he's their best player. Shame for Hernandez, he has terrific record for Mexico.
He was rather bad today. Mexico looked much better when he went off and Hernandez came on. Was not a fatigue sub as well, manager clearly was not happy with Dos Santos as well.

ManUtd43vr

I think this little character is going to be the signing you all hoped for, and the main reason Fergie hasn't splashed around lots of money.

Watch him tear defences apart next season.

One to watch.
I like this opening post for the thread so much. And look what matters have come to now. :( I absolutely love Chicharito.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yea it's a shame, but it's a blank slate/fresh start for him now... maybe he'll turn it around?

Drifter

American

Manchester United 26-year-old forward Javier Hernandez has declared: "This whole year has been very tough. Players need confidence more than anything else, and I've been very short of it. Very few people have shown faith in me over this past year".

NMF

Got to feel sorry for him. Hope he finds a new club soon.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Manchester United 26-year-old forward Javier Hernandez has declared: "This whole year has been very tough. Players need confidence more than anything else, and I've been very short of it. Very few people have shown faith in me over this past year".
Last season was depressing to everyone, and this statement is the epitome of the season that has just passed through. I just hope Chicharito can somehow reignite his career whether by staying here and proving himself or leaving for pastures anew.

Gannicus

Moyes stripped that players of their confidence and Hernandez was a prime victim of his shambolic managerial style. Hernandez excels in dealing with crosses but when the entire attack is one cross after another opposing defenses adapt to that quickly. I'd love to see Louis keep him in the squad.

one340

Moyes stripped that players of their confidence and Hernandez was a prime victim of his shambolic managerial style. Hernandez excels in dealing with crosses but when the entire attack is one cross after another opposing defenses adapt to that quickly. I'd love to see Louis keep him in the squad.
You can argue Hernandez received the worst effect from Moyes being here. He was happy and received plenty of games under SAF even though he wasn't a starter in SAF's last season and always looked sharp, lethal, and provided loads of goals. If LVG can get that from him again as the third choice again I'm sure he would stay

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You can argue Hernandez received the worst effect from Moyes being here. He was happy and received plenty of games under SAF even though he wasn't a starter in SAF's last season and always looked sharp, lethal, and provided loads of goals. If LVG can get that from him again as the third choice again I'm sure he would stay
Agree. When Hernandez did that instagram thing saying soon the time will come to talk about many things it was obvious Moyes was the issue.

By all accounts even the staff at Carrington had no time for Moyes. What must you do to p off even the groundsmen and the cooking staff? Moyes' words as United manager showed zero emotional intelligence or self-knowledge, which tells its own story. He hasn't improved since he got the chop either. His Sunday Times columns read like a parody. Its as if Armando Ianucci has decided to make a satire about a football manager.

Moyes damaged Hernandez, and many other, the hints Rio gave on the BBC about some managers not showing the love...I hope Chico can have a blinding game for Mexico against Holland and prove his value to Van Gaal. I'd hate to see the little guy leave Old Trafford.

Litch

3rd highest scorer of the bench in the history of the Prem. No way we should let him go out the door. These types of squad players are invaluable...

Red Comet

We have less games to play next season, RvP is going to be the No.1 striker on LvG's list. You have Rooney and Welbeck competing for a spot in the lineup, and you have the likes of Wilson waiting to grab his chance at first team football.

I'll hate to see him leave Old Trafford, but it's really the best for his career.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
We have less games to play next season, RvP is going to be the No.1 striker on LvG's list. You have Rooney and Welbeck competing for a spot in the lineup, and you have the likes of Wilson waiting to grab his chance at first team football.

I'll hate to see him leave Old Trafford, but it's really the best for his career.
I'd still play him ahead of Welbeck because imo he's a greater goal threat. No good doing all the pretty stuff around it if the end result is nowt.

Apart from which, Hernandez is under-rated and in a couple of games last season, he did show other attributes. He can't be judged on what Moyes got out of him.

RuudTom83

Shame, while other players are given endless chances and never manage to show a glimpse of what Hernández has done from the bench for club and country.

United now have an abundance of creative midfield players that can pick a pass, passes Hernández would be perfect to get on the end of.

Matador8

Not that I believe the rumours are true but I'd be happy for him to leave. He's never going to be a regular here, so we may as well promote from within or bring another prospect in to replace him.

Santos J

Who is she & where's she said that as there's nothing on her timeline?

Wouldn't be arsed if it was true and he left anyway, not good enough to start for a top club.

ThanksBoss26

I'm not sure if the stuff about a formal transfer request is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if he moves on this summer. He looks like a man who's had his fill of being on the bench and being a sub throughout the World Cup might intensify the need for him to go elsewhere for first team football, which I wouldn't begrudge him.

Good player, seems a great lad, we shouldn't undersell him if he does move on. He shouldn't be going on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.