Javier Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Apparently this logic doesn't apply to you with Berbatov, who scored 12 goals past premierleague defences and yet apparently is a "flop"
What's your point exactly? Berbatov is 29, Hernandez is 21, Berbatov plays with one of the strongest sides in the world, Hernandez plays with a national side whose most creative player would struggle to play week in week out in a mid tier EPL side, Hernandez scored against Netherlands, Argentina and France, Hernandez scored against mighty Wigan and Stoke (no goals against top defenses this year). Cocito feels comfortable in the box (He is a natural finisher), Berba feels as comfortable in the opponents box as Gaz. Ideally we should get rid of the Bulgarian ASAP and sign a proven finisher to act as Rooney's cover. Stating that, if SAF intends to keep Berba then we should also keep Hernandez in. The latter may lack of experience but at least he is a natural finisher, something useful to have in a lone striker formation. Berba cant play that role.

PS Im not particularly proud that our 30m rated striker had scored less then great talent such as Agbonlahor and Defoe and equal to Own goals.

devilish

This is amusing considering that a few weeks ago you dismissed Hernandez as the kind of player that no othere big sides in Europe would touch with a barge pole.
And tell me do you know of any big club interested in buy him up? I still think that he is raw but the boy got potential and seems comfortable upfront. If SAF intends to stick to Berba then I hope that he keeps Hernandez too. At least the latter seems having enough goal scoring instinct to cover the lone striker's role

twitter thread suggester
And tell me which other big club is interested in him? I still think that he is raw but the boy got potential and seems comfortable upfront. If SAF intends to stick to Berba then I hope he keeps Hernandez too. At least the latter seems having enough goal scoring instinct to cover the lone striker's role
:lol:

You don't think that has something to do with him having just signed for us, do you?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
And tell me which other big club is interested in him to buy him/loan him up? I still think that he is raw but the boy got potential and seems comfortable upfront. If SAF intends to stick to Berba then I hope he keeps Hernandez too. At least the latter seems having enough goal scoring instinct to cover the lone striker's role
How do you gauge "interest" by big clubs? By gossipy stories in the tabloids? Because United having already bought him kind of reduces the gossip that can be hurled.

If United had not bought him before the WC you can be damn sure they would have had a harder time buying him after it. There's clubs besides Valencia who would be keen on him.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
And tell me do you know of any big club interested in buy him up?
I repeat:

You said that Hernandez was the type and quality of player that no other club would be interested in. You said he was the type and quality of player that a club like ourselves should not be signing.

devilish

:lol:

You don't think that has something to do with him having just signed for us, do you?
Do you think that Real or Barca would bother about that if they truly wanted to sign him up? Lets rephrase it. Given the choice would Barca prefer to sign Villa or Hernandez? What about Real would they swap Benzema or Higiuan with Hernandez? The boy showed enough potential to deserve to be kept at United stating that its still early for him to start attracting the attention of the big guys.

devilish

I repeat:

You said that Hernandez was the type and quality of player that no other club would be interested in. You said he was the type and quality of player that a club like ourselves should not be signing.
I answered your post now answer mine. Do you think that at this point in time Barca or Real would be interested in him (not to offload him to some unknown side or their B team but to actually give him first team experience)? Its an easy question that even you can answer.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Do you think that Real or Barca would bother about that if they truly wanted to sign him up? Lets rephrase it. Given the choice would Barca prefer to sign Villa or Hernandez? What about Real would they swap Benzema or Higiuan with Hernandez? The boy showed enough potential to deserve to be kept at United stating that its still early for him to start attracting the attention of the big guys.
He has already attracted the attention of the biggest of the lot.

You. fecking. Pleb.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
So Barca and Real would never be interested in a player with potential like Hernandez to fill out the squad? Their squad is only composed of players who cost at least 30m euros?

How they signed the likes of Royston Drenthe I guess we'll never know.

Really though, devilish has developed into the worst WUM on the forum, worse than Myxamtosis even.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I answered your post now answer mine. Do you think that at this point in time Barca or Real would be interested in him (not to offload him to some unknown side or their B team but to actually give him first team experience)? Its an easy question that even you can answer.
You didn't answer my post at all you mentally retarded cretin.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
So Barca and Real would never be interested in a player with potential like Hernandez to fill out the squad? Their squad is only composed of players who cost at least 30m euros?

Really though, devilish has developed into the worst WUM on the forum, worse than Myxamtosis even.
And Barcelona do not sign young prospects and blood them into their side at all. Absolutely not!

I don't know why I bother replying to devilish anymore, I think it's just a good way of letting off some steam.

MrK

Even without the Glazers United would never be matching Barca and Real in the transfer market, so we're not exactly comparable with those clubs. If you want your team to act like Barca and Real do, then go support Barca or Real.

devilish

Drenthe played in the Dutch league. Hernandez in the Mexican league which is different. Throughout SAF history we had signed a myraid number of unknown strikers who all failed bar one (Ole). I hope that Hernandez is the exception of the case.

MrK

Drenthe played in the Dutch league. Hernandez in the Mexican league which is different. Throughout SAF history we had signed a myraid number of unknown strikers who all failed bar one (Ole). I hope that Hernandez is the exception of the case.
Unknown to who? You? Hernandez wasn't unknown to me, I knew of the amazing season he was having in Mexico. Evra and Vidic were unknown to me, they didn't turn out too bad. Let's face it, the devilish scouting network isn't quite as extensive as those of the worlds top clubs.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Chances one of these- Diouf, Macheda, Welbeck, Hernandez, King, Obertan etc to become decent squad player, let alone key first teamer, are slim. I'm talking about percentages.
All making it will be like a lottery win.

I'd put money on King to show the others where's at.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
You havent read the post didnt you? We and.......
You were replying to my point which was:

He has already attracted attention from the biggest of the lot.

I.e Manchester. fecking. United.

Now say something new or shut the feck up and feck the cnut off you boring, predictable cretin.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Unknown to who? You? Hernandez wasn't unknown to me, I knew of the amazing season he was having in Mexico. Evra and Vidic were unknown to me, they didn't turn out too bad. Let's face it, the devilish scouting network isn't quite as extensive as those of the worlds top clubs.
Hernandez who only played in Mexican league until we signed him, a league that hardly anyone follows, was known to you but Evra who played in CL final and was a France international at the time wasn't? Weird.

Shimo

Do you know how many players actually make it at top clubs? Not that many.

Most are signed based on the potential and the reports they get from the scouting reports.

There are no guarantees and even some of the ones that are known don't make it.

SAF and Co. have seen something in this guy, the WC may have given us glimpses of what they saw but, he isn't finished article. He hasn't even trained one day with the squad. It may turn out to be once SAF sees him in training he may decide he isn't ready and pull a Tosic on him.

We've signed him, lets see how he trains and what he does in pre-season now.

devilish

Even without the Glazers United would never be matching Barca and Real in the transfer market, so we're not exactly comparable with those clubs. If you want your team to act like Barca and Real do, then go support Barca or Real.
Erm you misunderstood my post (kind of normal when my no 1 fan Rowem comes into scene). If I remember well I said those words to justify an argument regarding salaries. Since we cant compete with Barca and Real in terms of fees/salaries we are trying to sign players who are off their radar, Hernandez/Diouf/Obertan are three of them. If Real where interested in one of these players Im pretty confident that they would be able to outbid us.

devilish

You were replying to my point which was:

He has already attracted attention from the biggest of the lot.

I.e Manchester. fecking. United.

Now say something new or shut the feck up and feck the cnut off you boring, predictable cretin.
I dont really reply to your posts. I just troll a bit with you. Do you think that Diouf can replace VDS in long term?

devilish

Yepp because Mexican league had provided the world with ample world class talent. The last part is stating the obvious.

Anyway read my last post. Its adult talk (unlike the ones dedicated to Rowem)

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I dont really reply to your posts. I just troll a bit with you. Do you think that Diouf can replace VDS in long term?
You troll with the whole forum you spastastic WUM.

Why an admin doesn't ban you I don't know.

I fear that every single person who reads any one of your posts becomes dumber for it.

devilish

You troll with the whole forum you spastastic WUM.

Why an admin doesn't ban you I don't know.

I fear that every single person who reads any one of your posts becomes dumber for it.
What about Pele. Do you think that he can still score the goals at top level?

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Yepp because Mexican league had provided the world with ample world class talent.
Sack SAF hire Devilish. He will sign up Maltanese Legends such as Michael Misfud!

Do the universe a favour and stick your head into the oven.

devilish

Sack SAF hire Devilish. He will sign up Maltanese Legends such as Michael Misfud!

Do the universe a favour and stick your head into the oven.
Do you think that La Toya Jackson would be a better manager for the Scousers then Roy Hodgson?

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Every time I see you have just posted in a thread I am sad that you still haven't killed yourself.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
It's actually quite impressive that with your mental incapacity you haven't accidentally topped yourself already.

Given your join date we can assume that you are at least 7 years old. A truly remarkable achievement.

devilish

IMO only Welbeck amongst our forwards deserves to be loaned out. With the injury record of Berba and Owen. The others would get plenty of games.
Do you think so Chief? I mean we have 7 strikers at the moment. Would they get the ample games they need to develop?

devilish

It's actually quite impressive that with your mental incapacity you haven't accidentally topped yourself already.

Given your join date we can assume that you are at least 7 years old. A truly remarkable achievement.
:lol::houllier::lol::houllier:

MDFC Manager

Erm you misunderstood my post (kind of normal when my no 1 fan Rowem comes into scene). If I remember well I said those words to justify an argument regarding salaries. Since we cant compete with Barca and Real in terms of fees/salaries we are trying to sign players who are off their radar, Hernandez/Diouf/Obertan are three of them. If Real where interested in one of these players Im pretty confident that they would be able to outbid us.
When was the last time we outbid Real? You should really stop comparing our transfer strategy with those 2 spanish clubs.

devilish

When was the last time we outbid Real? You should really stop comparing our transfer strategy with those 2 spanish clubs.
Thats what Im saying. We cant win a bidding war with Real/Barca so we are targeting players who are off their radar, players like Hernandez, Obertan etc.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Do you think so Chief? I mean we have 7 strikers at the moment. Would they get the ample games they need to develop?
Welbeck is assured of going back on loan and probably even getting the most games if he stays fit. Rooney + Berbatov is the first paring when we play 2 forwards. Owen will get injured and so will Berbatov. So Diouf, Hernandez + Macheda is excellent cover and will get enough games.

It's like people have forgotten how thin our forward cover looked just this past season. The game swill be there for them to pla. After all we challenge on 4 fronts every year and the likes of Diouf and Macheda still play plenty of reserve football. & even if the rumour of Diof on loan to Bolton turns out true. 5/6 strikers is a great number to have for a forwardline.

Status
Not open for further replies.