Javier Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Welbeck is assured of going back on loan and probably even getting the most games if he stays fit. Rooney + Berbatov is the first paring when we play 2 forwards. Owen will get injured and so will Berbatov. So Diouf, Hernandez + Macheda is excellent cover and will get enough games.

It's like people have forgotten how thin our forward cover looked just this past season. The game swill be there for them to pla. After all we challenge on 4 fronts every year and the likes of Diouf and Macheda still play plenty of reserve football. & even if the rumour of Diof on loan to Bolton turns out true. 5/6 strikers is a great number to have for a forwardline.
You are right altough I think that we afford loaning 2 kids. Welbeck and Diouf

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The good thing is to have the options. I think welbeck will get chances on the wing. I think we'll try things. Hernandez looked 'sharp' and i'm sure will do well.

It's obviously a big season for Dimitar. We've kids in the wings who are hungry. King and Keane should feature in the reserves more next season and it's exciting times

BaldwinLegend

I saw the Mexico v Argentina game and thought Hernandez looked very good - certainly ready to play some role at United next season and go on to have a future at United.

An attacking front four of Rooney, Hernandez, Valencia and Nani looks potentially fantastic. As always, just when you think things aren't looking good, SAF goes and shows you that he's had it all under control all along... That front 4 represent United's future yet have been collectively acquired relatively cheaply.

MrK

Hernandez who only played in Mexican league until we signed him, a league that hardly anyone follows, was known to you but Evra who played in CL final and was a France international at the time wasn't? Weird.
:lol: a bit weird I admit, yeah, but it just happens that I didn't see any Monaco games in that CL, don't really watch the French team outside of the tournaments, and my missus follows the Mexican league. Had Evra really had that many games for France before he signed for us, though? I always thought Abidal got most of the games back then.

MrK

Yepp because Mexican league had provided the world with ample world class talent. The last part is stating the obvious.

Anyway read my last post. Its adult talk (unlike the ones dedicated to Rowem)
Don't get me wrong, I was surprised as anyone when the news broke of Hernandez signing, but there have been plenty of top quality players to come from lesser countries/leagues through footballs history. There probably isn't a single one of them that anyone has been able to say for sure was going make it in a bigger league until they were actually tried in one. Maybe the risk of those from lesser countries not making it is slightly higher than youngsters from other countries, but in return the cost for these players is far lower.

If you consider that our (relatively young) forward line was good enough to bring us pretty fecking close to winning a lot of trophies last season, then it's surely not that hard to understand why bringing in a promising looking player who offers us something different for smallish money might be preferable to signing a big name and money player who may cause as many problems as he sorts by coming in.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Don't get me wrong, I was surprised as anyone when the news broke of Hernandez signing, but there have been plenty of top quality players to come from lesser countries/leagues through footballs history. There probably isn't a single one of them that anyone has been able to say for sure was going make it in a bigger league until they were actually tried in one. Maybe the risk of those from lesser countries not making it is slightly higher than youngsters from other countries, but in return the cost for these players is far lower.

If you consider that our (relatively young) forward line was good enough to bring us pretty fecking close to winning a lot of trophies last season, then it's surely not that hard to understand why bringing in a promising looking player who offers us something different for smallish money might be preferable to signing a big name and money player who may cause as many problems as he sorts by coming in.
I live in a country far smaller then Mexico so I understand the difficulty for players in these sort of countries to develop at the high levels expected at an EPL side. At age 14-15 these kids would compete with other children of their same age (who live in countries with a long football history). Unfortunately due to lack of funding, good quality training staff, competition etc the gap start growing wide and its rare than any of them makes it at such level. Stating that I acknowledge the fact that there are exceptions.

United tend to take alot of unknown talent on board. Unfortunately many do not make the high grade expected. So you do understand why I wasnt carried away by such deal. Honestly I never thought that Hernandez was so good and lets face it I think that he had shocked even those who watched him week in week out. Scoring against a small side is one thing but scoring against teams like France/Netherlands etc is another. I know the feeling. Ive seen someone who lived a walk away from my home scoring 2 past United and while ive watched him play for years I couldnt believe it. Anyway fair play to Mexico both for developing him and players like Dos Santos and Vela who had honestly impressed me. I hope that Hernandez is kept at OT and he is given ample first team chances. The boy is a natural finisher something that we need.

HsJ

I'd be pissed off if one of the 2 players we signed this season was sent on loan.

Great way to give fans value for money there. Where better to gain a footballing education than the greatest club in the world? Stick him in the team and let him fight it out with Berba and Owen for the number 2 slot (he should easily win that contest, mind you)

prateik

Phelan has high hopes for Hernandez
Javier Hernandez could become "a major influence" at Old Trafford, according to Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan.

The 22-year-old Mexico striker sealed a deal before the World Cup and went on to score two goals in South Africa.

As part of the package United will play his former club Chivas Guadalajara at the end of their summer tour.

Phelan said: "We were quietly pleased with what we saw of Javier at the World Cup.

"He is still on a break but we would like to get him on board as quickly as we can, so he will join us in America. Then hopefully he will be a major influence on the team.

"We did the deal before the World Cup and that has probably helped us a little bit! He has only just begun his career with the national team but already he is a very influential player for Mexico."

Hernandez, son of Javier Hernandez who played for Mexico in the 1986 World Cup, came to United's attention after scoring 29 goals in 79 games.

Phelan added on ManUtd.com: "He is young, athletic and as keen as mustard. He will be a good addition.

"We all hope he hits the ground running and adds to what we think is a good blend of youth and experience in our squad. We just hope it all comes together."

United head out to their training camp in Chicago on Monday with former Fulham defender Chris Smalling part of the squad.

Phelan said: "We had spoken to Chris a few times before he actually joined us. We kept in close contact with him. He is with us now and looking forward to the challenge.

"A club this big is brand new for him. But given time and with a bit of patience, I am sure he will do well. The tour will help him settle in and get to know everyone."
doesnt sound like he will be going on loan

~20 days rest , 10 days less than the others .. should be involved in the preseason ..

8 days to that .. i've missed united

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'd be pissed off if one of the 2 players we signed this season was sent on loan.

Great way to give fans value for money there. Where better to gain a footballing education than the greatest club in the world? Stick him in the team and let him fight it out with Berba and Owen for the number 2 slot (he should easily win that contest, mind you)
I can't believe the posts on this forum sometimes.

Legendz

Laughed out loud at 'as keen as mustard.'

Looking forward to see him play some more, hopefully he gets some good game time in America.

hungrywing

He is still on a break but we would like to get him on board as quickly as we can, so he will join us in America. Then hopefully he will be a major influence on the team.
I knew it. His loan fee is going to help pay for [insert name here].

Raoul

Admin
Staff
From Ducker's Twitter:

#mufc signing javier hernandez was clocked doing 19.98mph in one burst against uruguay, the fastest by any player at the World Cup. #mex Mexico

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
From Ducker's Twitter:

#mufc signing javier hernandez was clocked doing 19.98mph in one burst against uruguay, the fastest by any player at the World Cup. #mex Mexico
You just know that with a good pre-season we can get that extra 0.02 mph out of him. Could always ask Berbatov to help with the coaching. Even he can manage 0.02mph

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You just know that with a good pre-season we can get that extra 0.02 mph out of him. Could always ask Berbatov to help with the coaching. Even he can manage 0.02mph
:lol:

Speed without an end product is kind of a waste though. Just look at Walcott/Lennon etc

Ferguson

As I see it usually only four strikers can see enough action in a season (cf. Yorke, Cole, Ole, Sheringham).

These two are certain to be part of the first team:

(1) Rooney

(2) Berbatov

Who do you think will fill the 3rd and 4th spots?

I cannot imagine that a player of Michael Owen's seniority will be loaned out. When healthy Owen probably will be on the bench for United. So (3) is Michael Owen.

That means that there is really only one opportunity for playing time with the likes of Hernandez, Wellbeck, Macheda and Diouf looking for a spot. None of these players would benefit from sitting in the Reserves for another season, so three of them should be loaned out for the sake of the club and the players.

Hernandez might seem to be the choice to stay because of his age, Phelan's comments, and his confidence coming off the World Cup, but both Wellbeck and Macheda have more experience of life at the club and in English football. How well will Hernandez adapt to the Premier League?

For me Wellbeck has looked a little lost in matches when he has started, but Macheda has always looked sharp. I think it is a difficult decision as to which player, Macheda or Hernandez should be loaned out. Personally I'd like to see both preferred over Michael Owen's declining form, but I don't think that would happen.

Decotron

As I see it usually only four strikers can see enough action in a season (cf. Yorke, Cole, Ole, Sheringham).

These two are certain to be part of the first team:

(1) Rooney

(2) Berbatov

Who do you think will fill the 3rd and 4th spots?

I cannot imagine that a player of Michael Owen's seniority will be loaned out. When healthy Owen probably will be on the bench for United. So (3) is Michael Owen.

That means that there is really only one opportunity for playing time with the likes of Hernandez, Wellbeck, Macheda and Diouf looking for a spot. None of these players would benefit from sitting in the Reserves for another season, so three of them should be loaned out for the sake of the club and the players.

Hernandez might seem to be the choice to stay because of his age, Phelan's comments, and his confidence coming off the World Cup, but both Wellbeck and Macheda have more experience of life at the club and in English football. How well will Hernandez adapt to the Premier League?

For me Wellbeck has looked a little lost in matches when he has started, but Macheda has always looked sharp. I think it is a difficult decision as to which player, Macheda or Hernandez should be loaned out. Personally I'd like to see both preferred over Michael Owen's declining form, but I don't think that would happen.
Macheda wont be going on loan as per his agent*

* I am not his agent

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Really hope hes given a chance early especially if we don’t sign another striker, looks to be very promising id like to see him play a large part in our pre season to give him some sort of induction into the squad and maybe even throw him in first game of the season against Newcastle, getting him in early in my view is better for him in the long run as opposed to having him sitting around waiting as im sure hes going to be nervous and just desperate to get that feeling of being a Manchester United player.

Id be devastated if we sent him on loan whilst keeping the same striking options as last season, that would be utterly ridiculous.

Shimo

FYI Diouf is 22. A year older than Javier. So on the age thing it doesn't make sense.

Think once preseason happens then we may get a better idea of the pecking order.

MrK

There's some time yet before the closing date for loans, I'd be surprised if even Fergie knew exactly who he was going to loan out at this stage. He hasn't even had Hernandez for training yet, I'm sure he'll want to take a good look at him before he decides what to do with him to begin with. I think we'll see all sorts of strikers and partnerships lining up in pre-season friendlies, and along with training and the earlier league games, the decisions on who's loaned and who stays and who starts will be made based mainly on those.

davisjw

Welbeck, for me, offers more nowadays as an attacking winger more so than a striker. Maybe we see him more in that position, thus allowing us to keep him?

Macheda must go on loan in my opinion.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
Really hope hes given a chance early especially if we don’t sign another striker, looks to be very promising id like to see him play a large part in our pre season to give him some sort of induction into the squad and maybe even throw him in first game of the season against Newcastle, getting him in early in my view is better for him in the long run as opposed to having him sitting around waiting as im sure hes going to be nervous and just desperate to get that feeling of being a Manchester United player.

Id be devastated if we sent him on loan whilst keeping the same striking options as last season, that would be utterly ridiculous.
You've completely lost the plot mate. ''Devastated''? ''Utterly ridiculous''?

Your gigantic inner transfer muppet is to blame here.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
You've completely lost the plot mate. ''Devastated''? ''Utterly ridiculous''?

Your gigantic inner transfer muppet is to blame here.
Eh? :houllier:

Thinking it would be ridiculous to loan out a player who could add something to the squad is losing the plot? Wanting a young lad weve signed to be given an early chance in the team is in someway transfer muppetry? you’ve totally lost me in fact im wondering if you’ve forgotten some form of medication your supposed to have taken it was such an odd reply…..

Devil may care

I hope we don't loan him out, he looks more advanced than Diouf and I think he could be a valuable asset straight away even if it's coming from the bench when games are stretched.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I certainly agree with Marcheda on loan and wouldn't be sad to see Welbeck loaned either. They are two bright talents but the game against Besiktas at home last season showed that we can't simply play them for a couple of one off games and then bench them.

Much like Cleverley they need a whole season or at least 6 months of first team football to appreciate the challenge of scoring goals week in week out at a decent level and also to work on how to position themselves to pose maximum threat to the oposition.

If we can't get a prem club to take them then an ambitious Championship club would do well for them. Preston or Watford would be great.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
Eh? :houllier:

Thinking it would be ridiculous to loan out a player who could add something to the squad is losing the plot? Wanting a young lad weve signed to be given an early chance in the team is in someway transfer muppetry? you’ve totally lost me in fact im wondering if you’ve forgotten some form of medication your supposed to have taken it was such an odd reply…..
If we loan him out then it will be because Fergie thinks that is what's best for his development. And if Fergie decides that then why on earth would you then be ''devastated'' that we loaned him out?

The transfer muppetry comes into play when you say ''keeping the same striking options as last season would be utterly ridiculous''.

You're saying daft things in order to justify to yourself and others your craving for new signings. That's how transfer muppetry works.

Status
Not open for further replies.