Jean-Clair Todibo

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Was very good yesterday, we should be all over this

Suedesi

They can't ask for more though. As you said, he's barely played. De Ligt played significantly more football than him, hence his high transfer fee.

Wolves, Juve, Bayer and Milan are interested in Todibo. A host of clubs went for him initially when he left Toulouse so wouldn't be surprised to see the same still be in. He got whoscored motm (means very little I know) last night for example. He attempted 8 tackles and won 8, highest on the pitch yesterday.
I saw Inter - Barca and he was excellent. Very assured at the back a physical beast, and also very astute positionally. At 19 he's got the raw talent to develop into a beast.

Also red today in the Italian press that both Milan and Juve are after his signature. If Maldini is pushing for your signature that tells me all I need to know...

AshRK

Maybe if Pep came back players like Todibo would have more of a chance. Valverde is a bit like Mou in respect that he doesn't trust youth. Instead of trusting Todibo he had Umtiti playing even though he wasn't near 100% fit. Todibo was bought as the 4th CB behind Pique, Lenglet and Umtiti but the club are now seemingly putting there money on Ronald Araujo from Barca B to take his spot.

Rumours round the club are Todibo might be sold for around €12m in the January window with Milan and Bayer Leverkusen being interested. I haven't seen too much of him because he's hardly played to comment too much but I haven't really been impressed from what I've seen. €12m for a CB is peanuts in comparison to the 75m Juve paid for De Ligt so it doesn't seem like Barca have seen too much from him to sell him for anymore.
This whole idea that Pep always gives youth a chance is bs. How many youth players has he given chances at City. Foden is supposed to be a real talent and yet he struggles to get meaningful minutes. The guy prefers to play Fernandinho in CB than play Eric Garcia, who whenever I have seen seems a decent talent.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Was very good yesterday, we should be all over this
He's played 15 competitive games at the top level. If Barca want to sell him it's because they don't see anything in him. He was worth a risk for them because he was bought for €1m. If he's sold the risk will have paid off because he'll be sold at a good profit without actually doing anything to prove he's worth the money. Barca are very short in the CB department so it wouldn't make sense selling him if they thought he had a future with them.

Fosu-Mens

Overall a great talent. I have two issues with him though.
1. His ability on the ball and willingness to try to dribble himself out of pressure might be his biggest strength, but also his potential biggest weakness. He got some great body feints that get him off pressure and he usually seems to anticipate when to make a change in direction or speed to leave the pressing attacker for dead, but he tends to lose his overview over his surroundings when doing this that gets him into situations that are dangerous.

2. He is fast, but lack the agility/mobility in a similar manner to Varane. This, coupled with the number of times he tries to dribble the pressing attacker makes for many potential ball losses in non-ideal positions on the pitch --> Against Sevilla, in particular, this caused some issues.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's played 15 competitive games at the top level. If Barca want to sell him it's because they don't see anything in him. He was worth a risk for them because he was bought for €1m. If he's sold the risk will have paid off because he'll be sold at a good profit without actually doing anything to prove he's worth the money. Barca are very short in the CB department so it wouldn't make sense selling him if they thought he had a future with them.
Are you suggesting Barca couldn't be wrong about him? He just needs time to develop and if he is available at 12m euros that isnt a big risk

pascell

Can't believe Barca are looking to sell him so soon, yet persist with Umtitti and hung onto Vermaelan for so long, both whom pick it frequent injuries, unless with is the case with this kid? I heard he had a bad injury prior to moving to Barca.

A team like Arsenal should be in for him, give him a run of games and their defence would improve.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
This whole idea that Pep always gives youth a chance is bs. How many youth players has he given chances at City. Foden is supposed to be a real talent and yet he struggles to get meaningful minutes. The guy prefers to play Fernandinho in CB than play Eric Garcia, who whenever I have seen seems a decent talent.
Yeah. You probably have a good point about Guardiola now. When he managed Barca he did give a lot of young players their chance and gave debuts to a lot of players that are still playing at a high level today. Busquets, Pedro, Thiago, Sergio Roberto, Rafinha, Deleufeu, Martin Montoya, Marc Bartra, Oriol Romeu, Jonathan dos Santos and played Pique from the start when not even SAF trusted him enough. Although to be fair to SAF we did have great CBs at the time.

Would like to see Guardiola return to Barca to see if he holds the same values as he did then. Wouldn't be impossible for it to happen next season the way City are going and with Messi only having a few seasons left.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Are you suggesting Barca couldn't be wrong about him? He just needs time to develop and if he is available at 12m euros that isnt a big risk
I'm suggesting Barca can't afford to be wrong about him with them only having 3 recognised CBs, one of which will be retiring in a few seasons and another with chronic injuries. No one outside of Barca can comment on him because of the very few games he's played at a high level. Barca see him every day so they must of seen something they don't like if he's to be sold. There is big questions about his attitude as well so maybe that has more to do with it than him not being good enough. Either way I'd prefer to look elsewhere.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Big CB talent but it seems he's made the wrong choice joining Barca. Unless things change it would be best for him to leave.

zkap

Supports
Barça
I wouldn’t put too much stock in us not rating Todibo. It’s true we have more insight than others, but it’s also true we’re a mess so I don’t really have faith in the manager and staff recognizing talent. Todibo had a fantastic game last night.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I wouldn’t put too much stock in us not rating Todibo. It’s true we have more insight than others, but it’s also true we’re a mess so I don’t really have faith in the manager and staff recognizing talent. Todibo had a fantastic game last night.
This. Not to mention at his young age and lack of experience, it’s difficult even for Barcelona to make any kind of definitive claim about his future or lack thereof.
If it’s an attitude issue, that would make more sense. Otherwise it’s just foolish management that will turn off other potential youth players.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't believe Barca are looking to sell him so soon, yet persist with Umtitti and hung onto Vermaelan for so long, both whom pick it frequent injuries, unless with is the case with this kid? I heard he had a bad injury prior to moving to Barca.

A team like Arsenal should be in for him, give him a run of games and their defence would improve.
They've actually signed Saliba for next season, he was mentioned earlier in this thread. They signed him for 20m but let him stay at St Etienne for this season.

pascell

They've actually signed Saliba for next season, he was mentioned earlier in this thread. They signed him for 20m but let him stay at St Etienne for this season.
Yeah I remember them sorting out that transfer, they could do with 1 other CB though, David Luiz was a poor choice.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lautaro ate him alive in virtually every duel

Everything else was impreseive though, but especially his quality and assuredness on the ball

izec

Lautaro ate him alive in virtually every duel

Everything else was impreseive though, but especially his quality and assuredness on the ball
Thats not a surprise, i would expect Lautaro to cause problems to every CB or even dominating them, he is a handful.

Only Virgil would keep him quiet

Based Adnan

Surprised to see all of this praise. Thought he was quite poor overall vs Lukaku and Martinez with a couple of solid moments. Was lucky to only concede 1.

Suedesi

The world is littered with very good footballers who couldn't fit at Barcelona.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The world is littered with very good footballers who couldn't fit at Barcelona.
Agreed but the world is also littered with 19 year olds rotting in the reserves because they're not good enough. One decent game shouldn't make people believe he's a must sign player. A little bit of balance is needed.

Suedesi

Agreed but the world is also littered with 19 year olds rotting in the reserves because they're not good enough. One decent game shouldn't make people believe he's a must sign player. A little bit of balance is needed.
Of course, but if Maldini is after him that means something.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Of course, but if Maldini is after him that means something.
Apparently Milan are prepared to pay €8m and allowing Barca to insert a buy back clause in the deal. It seems a good deal for Barca not so much for Milan.

Suedesi

Apparently Milan are prepared to pay €8m and allowing Barca to insert a buy back clause in the deal. It seems a good deal for Barca not so much for Milan.
At 8m, Milan can take a chance without much risk. And if he develops well and fits with the squad, maybe he doesn't want to go back at Barca. Think it's a good deal for all parties.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He had a trial at United in 2016 but opted stay at Toulouse. United obviously know all about him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seems strange that they would get rid.
It seems Barca promised him game time and have failed to hold their end of the bargain. Now the player wants out due to not getting a significant run in the first team which is hindering his development.

Sport.es reported yesterday that United sent representatives over to Barcelona to speed up a €20m move to England. But a potential snag could be United not agreeing to a buyback clause.

passing-wind

Watched his performance against Inter he looked comfortable at the level. I've not watched him extensively but if he can play the ball out of defence and is strong (Ariel) then we should consider. I still think that Lindlelof, Maguire and Tuanzebe is a good option of centre halves.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Apparently Todibo has agreed to a loan move to Milan with final details to be confirmed.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Todibo on his way to Schalke for 6 month loan appartently.
Makes you wonder why all these players sign on frees to Barcelona considering they never pan out, great business for Barca though.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Given our CB problems surprised we didn't go for him on loan. Probably because we are planning a £50m bid for James Tarkowski :lol:

izec

Should have tried to loan him out with an attractive buy option. If he turns out to be great and promising in the first 6 months, pull the trigger.

Except for Maguire and maybe Tuanzebe in the future, our CBs are not starting material

Bestietom

Should have tried to loan him out with an attractive buy option. If he turns out to be great and promising in the first 6 months, pull the trigger.

Except for Maguire and maybe Tuanzebe in the future, our CBs are not starting material
Yes, and he was one of the players we were interested in bringing here next summer, according to reports. Manchester Evening News just before Christmas, went with a report that we were interested.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Schalke sign Todibo

A done deal in Germany.
Schalke have snapped up Jean-Clair Todibo from Barcelona on loan.
The Bundesliga side have the option to sign Todibo permanently for around £22m plus add-ons.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
surely they included a buyback clause
Yea, no doubt. Would be insane for them to sell him 6 months after buying him. Good deal for Schalke though, I'm sure the buyback clause would be higher than what they'l pay, so they can a decent profit if he does really well.

Wagner's system makes Saif Sane look good, surely Todibo would also do well.