Jeff Bezos to step down as Amazon CEO

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Apparently could give $105,000 to all 876,000 Amazon staff and he would still be as wealthy as he was at the start of the pandemic.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
I worked at Amazon up until a week ago as a delivery driver. Terrible terms and conditions and treat you terribly.

Was so relieved to get out of the job after 3 months definitely wouldn't recommend working for Amazon.

They didn't care about us at all and to top it all off it was a self employed job so not working for the company.

Capitalism is ruining terms and conditions for workers.

Precaution

I used to work for Amazon in the UK where they do a thing called "Amazon Flex" which gives the average moose a way to earn some extra quid a week however it's the worst customer service known to man and their routes are equally ridiculous, I did it when it first started out but it turned into chaos eventually and if you get stuck on the motorway through no fault on your own and you end up "timing out" from your shift, you are fired or at the very least presented with a warning to not ever do that again which if you ever lived in London during the afternoon then not a chance.

Eventually I got terminated

Notice of Terms of Service Termination

Dear,

Our records indicate that you have consistently been far less successful than the average Delivery Partner in completing the deliveries you are assigned.

As a result of this consistent issue, we are terminating our agreement with you. Your account has been deactivated and you will no longer be able to sign in to the Amazon Flex app.

You may appeal this decision. If you would like to provide us with more information about why you have had difficulty completing your deliveries, please fill out the form below within 10 calendar days of receiving this notice:

Warmest regards,

Amazon Flex
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
Fyi they never reply back once you present them with evidence

Suedesi

As a consumer, I love Amazon. Order anything and receive it in 24-48 hrs, it's a massively impressive feat. Can't fault baldy either for starting from scratch and building a trillion dollar company (although he's still a creep).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As a consumer, I love Amazon. Order anything and receive it in 24-48 hrs, it's a massively impressive feat. Can't fault baldy either for starting from scratch and building a trillion dollar company (although he's still a creep).
He's stepping down just in time since Amazon will probably get broken up in the not too distant future.

Abizzz

He's stepping down just in time since Amazon will probably get broken up in the not too distant future.
When it does will that likely be along retail/cloud/(?) business sectors? I could see it turning into another standard oil, where the parts famously became worth more than the sum of them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
When it does will that likely be along retail/cloud/(?) business sectors? I could see it turning into another standard oil, where the parts famously became worth more than the sum of them.
It’s hard to say, although the one thing that can’t happen is for one company to comprise 50% of all retail sales in the world’s largest economy, where the idea of splitting it up is rejected for fear of what it may do to markets.

Abizzz

It’s hard to say, although the one thing that can’t happen is for one company to comprise 50% of all retail sales in the world’s largest economy, where the idea of splitting it up is rejected for fear of what it may do to markets.
As much as I agree it's hard to imagine a way of splitting up the retail side at this point (just from a practical standpoint).

If they ever do it, it will be the b2b side like AWS breaking off from the consumer retail part.

You can't help but be impressed by them. In a country where 2.5 hour lunch breaks are the norm, i can go on Amazon and have pretty much anything i want delivered within 24 hours. Workers make sacrifices for that to happen, but I also know people in their head offices and that sounds like a great place to work.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
We should

Let's make him the first trillionaire!
I'm willing to commit my entire life savings. Sure, it's only £8.60, but Jeff would undoubtedly spend it on something cool and edgy, whereas I'm destined to blow it all on Wispa multipacks.

bsCallout

Adding AI to all vans to monitor drivers now aren't they?

I'd be happy if he or Amazon never existed to be honest. What he's built is too good. I try not to buy from Amazon, but then I end up on Amazon.

pablo__p

Love Amazon customer experience but all the stories I've heard from people from the inside leave me no other choice than to have no respect for Bezos.

Sounds like a good idea, to fly a brand new untested space rocket with sightseeing passengers in place of test pilots.