Jens Petter Hauge | Signs for Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallyRed

Don't worry, our crack team will haggle that 6m and up paying 15m in performance related payments.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
We need to monitor it first
Then we need to take an interest
Then we need to seriously consider it
Then we need to have initial agent discussions
Then we need to consider making a bid

AND THEN

...personal terms agreed!
but fee to be settled...

Then we give a borderline insultingly low offer and rebuffed with the requested figure
Then we refuse to budge on original offer or offer a few pennies more
Then we need to look at other options
Then other teams are interested
Then an entire fortnight has passed by

And after that, who knows?
Rumours circulate that we're planning on appointing a DoF of course!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
So does Ole not have his finger on the pulse regarding Norwegian talent? Surely he'd know to make a move for this kid before his price shoots up? You'd also think this is the kind of cheap punt that would please our purse holders, no?
We've scouted him regularly. We were linked extremely early. I'm sure we will make a move for this lad tbh. Not sure when, but I highly doubt many teams were scouting him before us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks a talent! One thing for sure is he won’t be going that cheap any more..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I look forward to the YouTube video titled 'The game that convinced Man Utd to buy Jens Petter Hauge'

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I was worried he looked faster than he is because of the opponent, but his acceleration crazy!

pascell

A winger that beats a defender on the outside and can score a scorcher, reminds me of Nani. For £3m surely its a no brainer.

We could probably sell James and get this fella and Stevanovic in for the same fee.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A winger that beats a defender on the outside and can score a scorcher, reminds me of Nani. For £3m surely its a no brainer.

We could probably sell James and get this fella and Stevanovic in for the same fee.
£3m?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

That was when we first scouted him. Haaland went for 7-8m, I don't see why he wouldnt go for something like 15-20m. You have remember if they are selling to us, he's unlikely to move on, so they loose that sell on fee.

Edit: that wouldn't be all up front as well.

Nep77

So he has already scored 16 goals in 2020. Even If we get Sancho we should look at him to add to the competition and depth and for the price mention there is no risk.

Red Stone

I don't see why he wouldnt go for something like 15-20m.
Because it's Norwegian football, and it's Bodø/Glimt. I'd be surprised if it even reaches £10m if he moves, and even that would be like winning the lottery for any club here. Rosenborg aside, most clubs here don't even break £10m in yearly revenue.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
3m would have probably done it before tonight (with a fairly decent sell-on percentage). Tonight probably adds another 2-3m. It won’t be higher than that.

Glimt aren’t stupid, they won’t be interested in a bidding war. They’ll set a perfectly fair price for anyone interested. Sensible selling/developing clubs don’t ask for obscene transfer fees because they know this isn’t the last player they’re developing. Future youngsters would be reluctant to commit to Glimt if they see a club demanding fees that are too high and also not acting in the best interests of the players.

pascell

Thats the fee that was quoted a few months back.
That was when we first scouted him. Haaland went for 7-8m, I don't see why he wouldnt go for something like 15-20m. You have remember if they are selling to us, he's unlikely to move on, so they loose that sell on fee.

Edit: that wouldn't be all up front as well.
That's true, hopefully we pick this guy up, looks a good talent and one that doesn't have great risk to it.

Makes way too much sense.
Very true.

supermao

Interview with Hauge in nettavisen.no
5 minutes into the match he felt a twitch in his thigh (possibly hamstring) and he was only at 85% for the rest of the match unable to go full speed.
In a regular domestic match he would have gone off.

Nettavisen.no

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What a fecking performance. Say what you want about the quality of the league he plays in but this was at San Siro against one of the most in-form teams in Europe.

A totally risk free signing for a club like United. If we don't go for him we're bigger fools than I thought we were.
How many other kids of similar profile are out there right now? How would he compare to other youth players we have on our books right now?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We need to monitor it first
Then we need to take an interest
Then we need to seriously consider it
Then we need to have initial agent discussions
Then we need to consider making a bid

AND THEN

...personal terms agreed!
but fee to be settled...

Then we give a borderline insultingly low offer and rebuffed with the requested figure
Then we refuse to budge on original offer or offer a few pennies more
Then we need to look at other options
Then other teams are interested
Then an entire fortnight has passed by

And after that, who knows?
I thought our recruitment at youth level had been really good recently?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
All the Milan fans love him and their managers complimenting him too.

From the little I've seen of him he seems like more my type of winger than the ones we have been linked to recently.

lysglimt

Scout
And this was him playing slightly injured. According to himself he felt something in his thigh early in the game, so he doesn't expect to play on sunday.

SaboTaj

Just do it!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The club may opt for Amad Traore who also looks potentially very good.

BarstoolProphet

I've been watching him tearing the league apart all season but I'm always wary about hyping up players in the Norwegian league. But his skillset is what sets him apart from the usual 'best players in the league' over the years. He hails from a futsal background which probably helped him develop his technique which is more suited to the International stage. Still not sure if he is good enough for United yet, but atleast he has been a standout performer at every level he has played at so far. Baffling that the NT coach doesn't select him only because he don't rate the Norwegian league.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Because it's Norwegian football, and it's Bodø/Glimt. I'd be surprised if it even reaches £10m if he moves, and even that would be like winning the lottery for any club here. Rosenborg aside, most clubs here don't even break £10m in yearly revenue.
I think if it was a smaller club, they'd be expecting a sell on fee, but if we bought him, I think they'd want performance related add-ons to be fairly compensated.
I don’t think he’s that fast. He actually reminds me a lot of 13/14 Januzaj
Hmm, I don't think I ever saw Januzaj looking that explosive. He was more of an agile/flair dribbler from what I remember.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've been watching him tearing the league apart all season but I'm always wary about hyping up players in the Norwegian league. But his skillset is what sets him apart from the usual 'best players in the league' over the years. He hails from a futsal background which probably helped him develop his technique which is more suited to the International stage. Still not sure if he is good enough for United yet, but atleast he has been a standout performer at every level he has played at so far. Baffling that the NT coach doesn't select him only because he don't rate the Norwegian league.
he looks better than Lingard mata or Pereira just from that video alone. I'd rather have him on the bench as a rotation option, he's looks just as quick as James but with balance and a brain!

if he's really available for such a small fee we should buy him and if we don't think he's ready loan him to a bigger club/better league to improve.

Scriblerus

£3m? Woody will reckon he can get that down to the change he finds down the back of the sofa and a fish supper. Why pay over the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.