Jens Petter Hauge | Signs for Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

He's just reminding me of an old FM Legend for me in Petter Vagen Moen. Just looked him up and he's a RW. That's enough for me.
He is a pretty talented player tbh. Need to play regularly and shouldn’t move just yet. If signed, he should be loaned back immediately imo.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He is a pretty talented player tbh. Need to play regularly and shouldn’t move just yet. If signed, he should be loaned back immediately imo.
Got a good record by the looks of it. We scout loads of players though, so I doubt it means we're signing him. One to watch though it seems.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Saw the links with him, worst case you squander £20M on a player who doesn't develop, best case he develops into a top player.

Hard to extrapolate on him, obviously losing out on Haaland is still a big miss, and to say he is Norwegian doesn't mean he will follow the same trajectory, but luckily people like Ole will have connections to academies to learn about him.

The scouts will know what to do, honestly never heard of him before (not a bad thing)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Saw the links with him, worst case you squander £20M on a player who doesn't develop, best case he develops into a top player.

Hard to extrapolate on him, obviously losing out on Haaland is still a big miss, and to say he is Norwegian doesn't mean he will follow the same trajectory, but luckily people like Ole will have connections to academies to learn about him.

The scouts will know what to do, honestly never heard of him before (not a bad thing)
Where is the £20m coming from? Haaland went for £6m base sum. Add-ons took that sum up to £10m but those were only activated because he did well.

Hauge was on the verge of signing for Cercle Brugge for £1m a couple of months ago. He has had a scintillating summer since then but will still be available for around £3m.

Skåre Willoch

If we fail to get Sancho, I wouldn't mind taking a punt on this lad rather than Chiesa etc. He would cost what. £2-3m? He's quick, technical and a very good finisher. Obviously we don't know how his game translates to the Premier League, but for his price I think he's worth it (if we don't get Sancho).

But, it'll never happen with Ole in charge I think. After he signed Mats Møller Dæhli, Jo Inge Berget and Magnus Wolff Eikrem while at Cardiff, I don't think he'll buy another unproven noggie. The scrutiny and hysteria if it fails would be insane.

Ace of Spades

At 2-3m, this is a very low risk move. I see no problem with this. Sign and loan them back.

lysglimt

Scout
If we fail to get Sancho, I wouldn't mind taking a punt on this lad rather than Chiesa etc. He would cost what. £2-3m? He's quick, technical and a very good finisher. Obviously we don't know how his game translates to the Premier League, but for his price I think he's worth it (if we don't get Sancho).

But, it'll never happen with Ole in charge I think. After he signed Mats Møller Dæhli, Jo Inge Berget and Magnus Wolff Eikrem while at Cardiff, I don't think he'll buy another unproven noggie. The scrutiny and hysteria if it fails would be insane.
You know he did just sign an unproven noggie right ?

Dve

The difference is that those 3 players were meant to come in and be contenders for the first team. If we pay 2-3m for Hauge, there will be no pressure at all, and he´d probable end up in the reserves anyway. We´ve been paying a lot more than that for other youth players.

quackattack

United has already signed another unproven youngster, well academy player, from Norway - Isak Hansen-Aarøen. But usually Norwegian players are cheap, and why not, some might be a hidden gem.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Young obviously, but he looks like he could do with a couple of seasons in the championship. The level of defending in that video is like league 2
People were saying the same thing when Haaland was tearing up the same league less than two years ago. Quality wise I'd say the league is pretty close to the Championship. The only real differences are the sheer amount of games, relentless football for 9 months and bigger crowds. 3-4 bottom clubs are league 2 standard for sure.

I like the Championship but I don't think it appeals that much to young talents anymore. They'd rather find a lesser club in the top 5 leagues or go to CL/EL teams in Holland, Belgium, Austria etc. so that they're guaranteed a certain amount of exposure against bigger teams each season.

neilv93

Watched him a few times this season as I play Eliteserien Fantasy as I'm a super fun guy and he's definitely a talent. Not the quickest but really bright player with a 'good football brain'. Definitely not good enough for us yet and very, very raw but for a few million it would be a brilliant low-risk signing IMO. As other posters have said - sign and loan to Bundesliga or Eredivisie would be a smart move for me.

Ekeke

People were saying the same thing when Haaland was tearing up the same league less than two years ago. Quality wise I'd say the league is pretty close to the Championship. The only real differences are the sheer amount of games, relentless football for 9 months and bigger crowds. 3-4 bottom clubs are league 2 standard for sure.

I like the Championship but I don't think it appeals that much to young talents anymore. They'd rather find a lesser club in the top 5 leagues or go to CL/EL teams in Holland, Belgium, Austria etc. so that they're guaranteed a certain amount of exposure against bigger teams each season.
If thats true its silly. The championship has been a strong league for years now and plenty of the players doing well in the championship have stories about them getting interest from the premier league teams.

Andersons Dietician

Needs a better YouTube package. Something to get the muppet juices flowing as those offerings look average.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
People were saying the same thing when Haaland was tearing up the same league less than two years ago.
The fact that Haaland or other talents from Norway might be good dont make the statement wrong. Championship is significantly better than the Norwegian Tippeliga.

I seriously doubt that any norwegian team would make the playoff, and most would go down. And so they should. Just compare their budgets. In 2019 Rotherham had the lowest wage budget in the Championship with £8 mill per year. That is four times that of Bodø/Glimt who is top of the league in Norway. Rosenborg, that is significantly above the rest, has a wage budget of approx £12 mill. Only two teams in the Championship in 2019 were lower.

Clubelo, that compare the leagues, have Championship approx 15 % above the Norwegian Tippeligaen. The level in Norway is very poor, but that that does not imply that there might not be a diamond or two there.

lysglimt

Scout
The fact that Haaland or other talents from Norway might be good dont make the statement wrong. Championship is significantly better than the Norwegian Tippeliga.

I seriously doubt that any norwegian team would make the playoff, and most would go down. And so they should. Just compare their budgets. In 2019 Rotherham had the lowest wage budget in the Championship with £8 mill per year. That is four times that of Bodø/Glimt who is top of the league in Norway. Rosenborg, that is significantly above the rest, has a wage budget of approx £12 mill. Only two teams in the Championship in 2019 were lower.

Clubelo, that compare the leagues, have Championship approx 15 % above the Norwegian Tippeligaen. The level in Norway is very poor, but that that does not imply that there might not be a diamond or two there.
The way Bodø/Glimt are playing now - they can probably match most sides in the Championships - but they dont have the squad to lost 46 games. Having said that - this B/G-side is probably the best I have seen since Rosenborg were at their best - but they were regularly doing well in the C.L at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.