Jens Petter Hauge | Signs for Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

I think Solskjaer has sort of distanced himself from the Norwegian kids a bit after what happened at Cardiff.

Ekeke

If we can't sign Sancho we should really get this kid as a stop gap until then - he's the type of signing Fergie used to make, a bolt out of the blue and turn him into a superstar.

He looks to have every raw attribute and he's shown great consistency to have such a good goal/assist record, and the performance away to Milan really cemented it.
There's no way hes an alternative to Sancho, he plays on the left for a start and wouldnt be half as good. But if hes available for cheap as has been suggested theres no reason not to pick him up and give him a season or two to put Rashford's place under pressure because James isnt doing that.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
There's no way hes an alternative to Sancho, he plays on the left for a start and wouldnt be half as good. But if hes available for cheap as has been suggested theres no reason not to pick him up and give him a season or two to put Rashford's place under pressure because James isnt doing that.
He said as a stop gap until we can go back in for Sancho. Which is a great idea at the price he’s been rumoured to be.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Jens Petter Hauge confirms that he is doing what he can to get out before Monday to take advantage of the fact that he is in great shape. "By staying here it can be a few long weeks where I feel like I'm wasting time"

He's begging to be picked up.
Wearing flip flops but not on holiday, on that basis I won’t be investing. I’m out

Giggzy P

Yeah, and 28 year old Josh King is a kid
My bad, hardly a kid our Josh, Haaland however, and may I add Hansen-Aaroen who we just recently signed for the Academy, the very definition of a Kid ( excluding livestock), doesn't show any reluctance on Ole's part to try and bring in Norwegian players.
Am sure if there were Norwegian players that are at the level required to play for us, he would try to sign them as he tried with Haaland. The required level at united is different from Cardiff

GwilDor

My bad, hardly a kid our Josh, Haaland however, and may I add Hansen-Aaroen who we just recently signed for the Academy, the very definition of a Kid ( excluding livestock), doesn't show any reluctance on Ole's part to try and bring in Norwegian players.
Am sure if there were Norwegian players that are at the level required to play for us, he would try to sign them as he tried with Haaland. The required level at united is different from Cardiff
Hansen-Aarøen had been on many training visits and followed closely by United for years, well before OGS’ managerial spell started. Doubt this was something he had too much of a say in. Haaland was more similar, but at a completely different level than the players he bought at Cardiff. The thing though, is he had worked with all of them before (Møller Dæhli at United youth level, Berget and Wolf Eikrem at Molde). Haaland was also under OGS at Molde. JP Hauge has not been coached by OGS in any way before, hence it would be a bit different imo.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
It was actually only 6305 people called Hauge in Norway - it's the 56th most common name in Norway :)
Yeah, @NotThatSoph pointed that out in #285

I was trying to find out how common Ferguson was in Scotland/Northern Ireland but couldn't find the relevant info, though I did find out there are 16,370 called Ferguson in Texas, and West Virginia is the state where you are most likely to meet a person named FERGUSON, as 91.9 in every 100,000 West Virginians have this name. :lol:

CM

Possibly, I was thinking more of players to go straight into the first team squad though. Haaland would fit into that category but I'm sure most other top clubs would've been looking at him too.

I actually thought Solskjaer had signed more Norwegian players than he did at Cardiff tbf - just looked it up and it was only Eikrem, Daehli and Berget.

Maybe I'm wrong but I get the feeling someone like Sander Berge might've appealed to him more if he hadn't been stung before - we could've had a free run at him at a time when we needed a midfielder and Matic seemed to be out of favour.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Deal wrapped up less than 100 hours after he faced them. This is the efficiency big clubs are supposed to show in the market.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good luck to him. Must admit I've a bit of a soft spot for Milan and it would be great to see him do well there, just not against us!

izec

This smells so much bs, I have to pinch my nose. They saw him playing yesterday, and already this morning they are preparing a bid? Get lost.
Seems like they were right. They more or less immediately contacted his agent and got the deal done in a couple of days.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I came to mention a Danish youngster i recently saw through YouTube highlights, Jeppe Kjaer. I thought he looked brilliant and he reminded me of Michael Laudrup with his dribbling and passing abilities through the middle. Having just looked him up, he's recently signed for Ajax! One to watch out for.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would have thought Ole would have been on this case.

Red Stone

Done deal. The player himself has confirmed to Norwegian media that he's travelling tomorrow. Didn't specifically mention why or where, but there's too much smoke for it to be any other reason than finalizing the move to Milan.

Have a feeling we'll regret this one, but what can you do? We've only had a handful of months to make a move and these things obviously take time.

Hoof the ball

Done deal. The player himself has confirmed to Norwegian media that he's travelling tomorrow. Didn't specifically mention why or where, but there's too much smoke for it to be any other reason than finalizing the move to Milan.

Have a feeling we'll regret this one, but what can you do? We've only had a handful of months to make a move and these things obviously take time.
:lol:

SinNombre

I would rather buy Daka on a punt from RB than this kid.

Salzburg have one of the best scouting setups in Europe, and Haaland also showed his potential there.

reddevilz007

I would rather buy Daka on a punt from RB than this kid.

Salzburg have one of the best scouting setups in Europe, and Haaland also showed his potential there.
You do realize this Jens Petter won’t even cost 8 mil, so the risk is very low. The potential is there, and he looks like he has a lot more to offer than our Danny boy. He would be an interesting backup to Rashford on the left side

Holters

People really are taking every opportunity to bash United by being very selective, for example by claiming Milan discovered Hauge in the match the other day and acted quickly, while the truth is that Milan has scouted Hauge extensively for months and showed interest already in June according to the largest newspaper in Norway...

The fun thing to observe is that most people did not want Hauge to United as he was playing in a shit league etc, but after he demolished Milan suddenly "everyone" wants him and it is a big mistake of United not to get him. How the tides have turned.

steve.crowford

People really are taking every opportunity to bash United by being very selective, for example by claiming Milan discovered Hauge in the match the other day and acted quickly, while the truth is that Milan has scouted Hauge extensively for months and showed interest already in June according to the largest newspaper in Norway...

The fun thing to observe is that most people did not want Hauge to United as he was playing in a shit league etc, but after he demolished Milan suddenly "everyone" wants him and it is a big mistake of United not to get him. How the tides have turned.
Jens Petter Hauge Vs Milan 24/09/2020
https://bit.ly/2G7qYow

Skåre Willoch

€5m for this kid. Great deal by AC Milan, and great for Jens Petter. He turned down a move to Cercle Brugge before the summer, and rightly so! Hopfully he'll get some minutes for the NT against Serbia.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I wanted him here!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's a shame. The milan players/coaches were obviously very impressed to sign him so quickly.

He seems a fun player to watch so i'll keep an eye on his progress fondly.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If he's as good as they say he is, he wont be staying at Milan for a considerable time.

Maureen-yo

Had he done anything notable in European games against better opposition, watched his ‘highlights’ on YouTube and it wasn’t very exciting alongside the absolutely shambolic defending in that leagu?

BarstoolProphet

He has said repeatedly that the biggest reason for selecting his next club would be playing time and that his new coach believes in him. Can't speak for Milan but at United he would be a clear backup to Rashford on the left flank at United and Bruno at AMC. Also Pioli was raving about him after the match. Obviously at that price it would be no risk but I'm not sure if he would choose United as his next step.

gajender

Well it's just like the legend of us signing Ronaldo after we played Sporting in a friendly as if he was discovered by us during that friendly ,when the truth was much more mundane that we were scouting him for quite some time as were other big clubs when we got the information that other clubs were ready to make the move for him we acted swiftly and bought him a season earlier than planned.

BarstoolProphet

Had he done anything notable in European games against better opposition, watched his ‘highlights’ on YouTube and it wasn’t very exciting alongside the absolutely shambolic defending in that leagu?
He has been tearing the league up all season and continued that form into the Europa League qualifiers. Only Milan can be considered 'better opposition' but atleast he has performed at every stage so far in his career.

mu4c_20le

He has been tearing the league up all season and continued that form into the Europa League qualifiers. Only Milan can be considered 'better opposition' but atleast he has performed at every stage so far in his career.
It's a league where Lingard and James could probably tear it up.

Skåre Willoch

It's a league where Lingard and James could probably tear it up.
This is such a boring argument. He can only play against the opposition he's facing.
A fair few of the players who've been good/great in the norwegian league has been good abroad for the past few years. Sander Berge, Kristoffer Ajer, Alexander Sørloth, Erling Haaland, Martin Ødegaard, Mohammed Elyounoussi, Birger Meling, Mathias Normann, Fredrik Midtsjø, Chidera Ejuke, Krepin Diatta. Both Haaland and Sørloth are putting up even better numbers in better leagues than they did in Eliteserien.

Any player scoring more points than games in almost any league deserves a step up, or in some cases, several steps up. Nobody expects JPH to put up the same numbers in Serie A as in Eliteserien, but the constant "shit league"-argument is just lazy.

Multatuli

Supports
Az
We have to stop this Norway-thing right away, please. Yes there is Håland and Ødegaard, all the other players in history are not. If Dan James played in the Norwegian top division he would look like a hybrid between Usain Bolt and vintage Messi for reference. Hauge is not somebody we should focus on, not now, probably never. His mate Evjen played for Bodø and looked equally impressive before his big move, he is now tucked away at AZ’s youth team. Aim higher, this is Man Utd, we have forgotten that for some reason.... look at talents where the frequency for greatness is higher
I am a fan from AZ, So I see allmost all the games Evjen plays. Evjen has some problems: The coach allways put the same 11 names on the board unless someone is injured or suspended. The coach is more into players wo run a lot than in technicall players. And Evjen probably had a bad start after the corona crisis.
But Evjen still is a great player. last game in the youth team he was the best player on the field. He is absolutely too good for the youth team and he would be a great addition for the main squad. He is better then some of the players in the main squad. He is not good enough for MU, but he could be in 2 years.
Since Evjen was signed by AZ, I started to watch games of Bodo Glimt. And they have a great team. Only their defense could use some improvement. Since Evjen Left, Hauge is by far the most talented player in the team. He can drible, shoot, give key passes and his pace on the ball is really fast. For some time I hoped AZ would sign him, but after the game against AC Milan that chance is gone. Would be nice if MU would sign him. Regardless which team signs him, I will keep watching his games for sure.

Reactions: Penna

Okey

Not saying he'll turn out anything close to the same, but this has shades of Fergie with Christiano all over it. Act quick, act decisive. We truly have lost the dark arts of transfers. Same way we should have put in a bid for Sancho Friday evening, to unsettle them before their game the next day. But what I know? Woodward and Judge et al clearly know better!

Status
Not open for further replies.