Jens Petter Hauge | Signs for Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Another 2 goals tonight in Europa league Qualifying round...Albeit against a team iv never heard of

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah - looking really promising for both him and Norway. Most talented Norwegian team since the late 80s with Flo, OGS, Leo, Bohinen, Rekdal, Mykland, Berg, Johnsen etc

I only really see one position I am worried about and that is the keeper. In addition I would love to have one really solid centreback next to Ajer.

But midfield/attack - Brynhildsen, Askildsen, Thorstvedt, Heintz, Strand Larsen, Evjen, Hauge, Bohinen, Vetlesen - that's a lot of good, young players who aren't even in the first-team squad.

Ace of Spades

Get him and loan him if needed.

Players like these are usually snapped up by other teams, and then we wonder why we did not sign them and what our scouts are doing.

Sb_16

Not worried. If he's worth it we'll get him. We know that our scout is watching him and we've got a Norwegian manager. As long as the agent don't force a release clause on us.

BlahRules

Not worried. If he's worth it we'll get him. We know that our scout is watching him and we've got a Norwegian manager. As long as the agent don't force a release clause on us.
Haaland says otherwise.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
At the quoted price in various reports and if our scouts are happy, we should try to seal the deal soon and loan back for remainder of the season.

BlahRules

yh
Read again that last sentence.
We are not sure if this is true for us. It was never confirmed that Haaland wanted to insert release clause with us but his dad did say they didn't join as it was only OGS who showed intention to sign him and it was not known he will be at the club for long.

Bellingham joined Dortmund over us be it they offered wages than us but if had a better sale pitch we could have signed him.

Its been shown many times we can only sign youngsters or players that are not being pursued by other teams.

Hansa

Worth a punt, but in general, caution is needed when looking at Norwegians in a well-drilled team playing against undisciplined defences giving away lots of space. The individual qualities needed in the numerous 1v1 battles at the top level have traditionally never been emphasized in the local footballing culture.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Worth a punt, but in general, caution is needed when looking at Norwegians in a well-drilled team playing against undisciplined defences giving away lots of space. The individual qualities needed in the numerous 1v1 battles at the top level have traditionally never been emphasized in the local footballing culture.
Ole will turn us into Cardiff circa 2020 :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We can't have it both ways. We say we want to discover value for money transfers ala a Zagreb Luka Modric before they become well known and their clubs demand big money. These kind of signings should be welcomed by the fans.

Ekeke

We can't have it both ways. We say we want to discover value for money transfers ala a Zagreb Luka Modric before they become well known and their clubs demand big money. These kind of signings should be welcomed by the fans.
Modric looked quality for Croatia against England etc.

This guy doesnt look more impressive than Dan James

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Modric looked quality for Croatia against England etc.

This guy doesnt look more impressive than Dan James
Can't speak much about him since I've never seen him play. I'm just saying I don't mind if the club can identify value for money signings on potentially excellent players.

Ekeke

Can't speak much about him since I've never seen him play. I'm just saying I don't mind if the club can identify value for money signings on potentially excellent players.
Agreed. I love the idea of spending money on lots of potential prospects for the first team (but still performing well somewhere before they come in). Some will work out well, others wont. But the ones that do will make it worth it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Totally different playing style than Dan James, Looks like he has a good pass on him as well. Makes me think of more of a Lingard replacement. I like the look of him. Although everywhere I see says he's a right winger only ever seems to be on the left. As a secondary striker though in the 10 role might be an option. 3 mil. Feels like a Fergie signing.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

1 goal, 4 assists.

Topped the assist charts at the U20 World Cup last year :wenger:

Ekeke

1 goal, 4 assists.

Topped the assist charts at the U20 World Cup last year :wenger:
Which other teams did Honduras play and their scores? These videos of teams that would get relegated from the championship just dont do anything for me.

DFreshKing

Only saw 5 seconds of the youtube vid where he back slapped a few teammates but did it with style so worth a few million punt. At this stage I'd take any player who ever stood on the right hand side of the pitch though.

James Peril

We have to stop this Norway-thing right away, please. Yes there is Håland and Ødegaard, all the other players in history are not. If Dan James played in the Norwegian top division he would look like a hybrid between Usain Bolt and vintage Messi for reference. Hauge is not somebody we should focus on, not now, probably never. His mate Evjen played for Bodø and looked equally impressive before his big move, he is now tucked away at AZ’s youth team. Aim higher, this is Man Utd, we have forgotten that for some reason.... look at talents where the frequency for greatness is higher

Ace of Spades

If we can get him for the rumoured 2m odd, then we should get him and loan him somewhere to get more experience. Probably one of the most low risk signings we can make for that price.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
We have to stop this Norway-thing right away, please. Yes there is Håland and Ødegaard, all the other players in history are not. If Dan James played in the Norwegian top division he would look like a hybrid between Usain Bolt and vintage Messi for reference. Hauge is not somebody we should focus on, not now, probably never. His mate Evjen played for Bodø and looked equally impressive before his big move, he is now tucked away at AZ’s youth team. Aim higher, this is Man Utd, we have forgotten that for some reason.... look at talents where the frequency for greatness is higher
What Norway thing? Our Scouts are looking all over the world, if they're good enough, get them.

Shiva87

Wow, what a funny approach! Some of our best players have come to the club like this - Ole is a perfect example!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Wtf are you on about? Evjen has nothing to do with this player. They're two different people. If our scouts see qualities and potential, he could come from Chad and that would have no bearing on whether we sign him or not.

Sea-Cow

I mean yes, you are probably spot on.

But that kinda takes away the fun of transfer muppetry, no? We all dream of signing the no-name young Norwegian and lol'ing on our way to Champions League glory and Balon d'ors

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How much do they want ?? Is it really 2m ?? Even players we bring to the academy sometimes cost more.
2-3m up front. Norwegian clubs can't attract the biggest transfer fees so they always include 10-15 % sell-on clauses. For example, my local club will receive bigger sums in sell-on money this year (Berge to Sheffield and Ejuke to CSKA) than we did from their original transfers. Molde received a fair chunk of their annual budget when Haaland moved from RB to Dortmund.

Glimt and Milan have just been draw together in the 3rd qualifying round of EL (both are clear favourites in the 2nd round). Great test for Hauge and a few of the other young players. For anyone that wants him, now is the time to show serious interest. If he performs at San Siro then that's 10 other clubs joining the race.

AneRu

If we can get him for the rumoured 2m odd, then we should get him and loan him somewhere to get more experience. Probably one of the most low risk signings we can make for that price.
No, our options beyond Martial, Rashford and Greenwood for the front three positions are attrocious so I would suggest we keep him for the first half of the season so that the coaching team can assess his effectiveness in the League Cup and possible dead rubber CL games to gauge if he can play a more important role. If not then loan him out for the 2nd half of the season.

Cloud7

I’m all for us adopting more of the Chelsea model. Get these young players signed up, loan them out and see how they do. If they impress we give them a route into the first team, and if they don’t, we sell them on.

Craig Ward

Certainly has more to his game than Dan James
Does he though?

If Dan James played in that league, with that much space and pretty much non existent defending - he'd look like the best talent in world football.

Hauge looks half decent - his talent is far better than the league he is in thats for sure. But slating our own players is pretty poor form. Even Lingard would look good in that league

Status
Not open for further replies.