Jeremie Frimpong

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He plays more like a right winger than a right back so I don't think he'd be a solution at RB for us. That being said, I thought the same of Hakimi but he's been successful as a RB.

davidmichael

fair point but his relatively fair release clause makes him an interesting option and we could avoid making the same mistake as missing out on Kim Min Jae. It also depends on how Mainoo develops. Maybe we might have Casemiro's replacement already. RW also depends on Amad I guess.
I think ETH is happy with how AWB has progressed and sees Dalot as a decent back up or at least enough to prioritise other areas first.

In regards to Mainoo he isn’t a Casemiro replacement as he’s much more like Robson or early Keane than Casemiro, he’s very much going to be a box to box player that’s good on the ball with a good range of passing and can tackle.

I wish we’d give Diallo a chance once he’s fit as I think he’s better potentially than Antony will ever be but ETH loves Antony’s work rate and defensive abilities plus there’s the £80 million price tag.

avgp_1

Id like him here. We'd basically end up not needing a RW with him playing down the wing.
Play narrow with 4 CMs and give him the freedom of the wing with 3 defenders to cover at the back.

colombianmancunian

AFAIK he is more of a wing back than a RB. Seeing how lacking our attack on the right wing is, he would be a welcome addition. It’s like the opposite of Wan Bissaka, Aaron’s being all defense and Jeremy being all attack.

philippexyz

We would need to change formation, some tactical tweaks for him to play at United. You can't leave him to defend dangerous left wingers like Vinicius, Mbappe, Martinelli, Luis Diaz, Mitoma etc. He's a very attacking oriented wing-back.

Varun1

We would need to change formation, some tactical tweaks for him to play at United. You can't leave him to defend dangerous left wingers like Vinicius, Mbappe, Martinelli, Luis Diaz, Mitoma etc. He's a very attacking oriented wing-back.
Exactly this. Frimpong will get fecked in the current system.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Good chance he will make his debut for Oranje tomorrow against France as Dumfries was absent from training due to personal circumstances. Hard match to start though as even with a fit squad France is several levels above us, but we're missing about 75% of our starting line up.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I don't understand why Frimpong is always singled out like this. Sure, he's attack minded but not anymore than other fullbacks as well. Up until this season, Frimpong's height maps don't suggest a stronger attacking tendency than Kyle Walker, Andrew Roberston, Alphonso Davies, Dani Carvajal, etc.: https://www.sofascore.com/player/jeremie-frimpong/970361

Don't believe every formation a sports medium tells you. Frimpong can comfortably play RB and has done so for Leverkusen.

Status
Not open for further replies.