Jeremie Frimpong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan Djordjic

I was sure, since we were using our regular communication with Bayer to discuss Frimpong and RB cover was Jan priority, that he would be the move.

But now Inter, with their financial issues, are practically begging us to buy Dumfries, and that might tie into Lukaku negotiations.

So who knows.
Can't for the life of me understand how people on this forum rate that guy - he's looked rubbish anytime I've seen him. Seems to be a Dutch Matt Doherty in that he's good at picking up dangerous positions in the box but not very good at any other part of full back play at the highest level. Don't know how Frimpong isn't getting ahead of him for the Netherlands as Dumfries has been dropping stinkers.

If Inter want to bring some cash in, I'd be happy to take Barella off their hands though or even Onana to be honest.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I like the idea of signing Frimpong. He has always looked really lively when I've seen him, and his name is Frimpong.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Can't for the life of me understand how people on this forum rate that guy - he's looked rubbish anytime I've seen him. Seems to be a Dutch Matt Doherty in that he's good at picking up dangerous positions in the box but not very good at any other part of full back play at the highest level. Don't know how Frimpong isn't getting ahead of him for the Netherlands as Dumfries has been dropping stinkers.

If Inter want to bring some cash in, I'd be happy to take Barella off their hands though or even Onana to be honest.
This aged well.

Black Alabaster

‘He looked rubbish’

Well, he’s clearly not rubbish.
To be fair he was just distinctly average again, steady eddie peformance with two quite simple unchallenged passes that turned to assists and a free tap in at the back post where he stood with his arm up for 7 seconds unmarked. Great numbers for the performance but he did nothing exceptional at any point which I think is Bojans point.

He is quite a big lump isn't he? Does well defensively because of that and seemingly decent positioning like @Bojan Djordjic said, doesn't seem to whip a cross or bomb forward with eye-catching pace when i've seen him either hasn't been impressive but just solid and steady which are still great attributes in of themselves too though. I wouldn't want to sign him though.

Frimpong limped out of training so not sure if he will be back for their next game but really hoping he can get some minutes on this stage. 5 Goals 2 assists in 14 league games, 2 assists in 4 UCL games. Definitely prefer the bums off seats play he would bring to the position.

jesperjaap

To be fair he was just distinctly average again, steady eddie peformance with two quite simple unchallenged passes that turned to assists and a free tap in at the back post where he stood with his arm up for 7 seconds unmarked. Great numbers for the performance but he did nothing exceptional at any point which I think is Bojans point.

He is quite a big lump isn't he? Does well defensively because of that and seemingly decent positioning like @Bojan Djordjic said, doesn't seem to whip a cross or bomb forward with eye-catching pace when i've seen him either hasn't been impressive but just solid and steady which are still great attributes in of themselves too though. I wouldn't want to sign him though.

Frimpong limped out of training so not sure if he will be back for their next game but really hoping he can get some minutes on this stage. 5 Goals 2 assists in 14 league games, 2 assists in 4 UCL games. Definitely prefer the bums off seats play he would bring to the position.
Yeah I do like Dumfries, he has great energy and effort and his positioning is decent. DOnt see top quality in him and I expect he would probably be one of the more expensive options but personally way down the pecking orders.

Must confess I dont think I have ever even see Frimpong though

Black Alabaster

Yeah I do like Dumfries, he has great energy and effort and his positioning is decent. DOnt see top quality in him and I expect he would probably be one of the more expensive options but personally way down the pecking orders.

Must confess I dont think I have ever even see Frimpong though
Yeah agreed, Frimpong is electric I first noticed him at Celtic and thought wow who is that RB he is absolutely rapid. His feet were so fast he was just taking the mick running around players. He loves getting forward and is one of those players that has that perfect body type & height where their balance and short stride just lets them wriggle sideways out of a direction they've started moving in, then absolutely blow past people and looks like he is just jogging whilst the defender is running through treacle. He has that same trait Garnacho has shown where they can still manipulate the ball whilst moving at pace. Can see why ETH is after him he will be on the overlap of Antony non-stop and create those overloads and cut back situations.

Could really leave the RCB exposed though with how attacking he is and he is quite short like 5"7 so he could be in trouble if we ever have to play defensive and teams swing in those backpost crosses. That's the only concern I have if Maguire is still our back up RCB and they play together, his true value though is defo in realising ETH vision helping to pin back the other team with his energy and pace.

He is tied 3rd fastest top speed this season in Germany with Alphonse Davies at 36 Km/H. Fastest player in the prem this season is DarwinNunez at 36.5, and Martinelli at 35.9. Funnily enough Dalot has 35.8 so is no slouch either but the acceleration to get up there is certainly different gravy.

Got excited until I saw the word ‘Gossip’ and I hate myself for being fooled by BBC clickbait.
:lol: Well according to this Sky journalist last week he is "aware" we want him now so perhaps we've already tapped him up and gauged if he is up for coming next month, or summer perhaps. He is an ETH target and so far he has not missed so in my book he will be a hit! Pure pace is a joy to watch.

Last edited:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Hope LvG doesn’t put him off coming here, the fecker.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yeah agreed, Frimpong is electric I first noticed him at Celtic and thought wow who is that RB he is absolutely rapid. His feet were so fast he was just taking the mick running around players. He loves getting forward and is one of those players that has that perfect body type & height where their balance and short stride just lets them wriggle sideways out of a direction they've started moving in, then absolutely blow past people and looks like he is just jogging whilst the defender is running through treacle. He has that same trait Garnacho has shown where they can still manipulate the ball whilst moving at pace. Can see why ETH is after him he will be on the overlap of Antony non-stop and create those overloads and cut back situations.

Could really leave the RCB exposed though with how attacking he is and he is quite short like 5"7 so he could be in trouble if we ever have to play defensive and teams swing in those backpost crosses. That's the only concern I have if Maguire is still our back up RCB and they play together, his true value though is defo in realising ETH vision helping to pin back the other team with his energy and pace.

He is tied 3rd fastest top speed this season in Germany with Alphonse Davies at 36 Km/H. Fastest player in the prem this season is DarwinNunez at 36.5, and Martinelli at 35.9. Funnily enough Dalot has 35.8 so is no slouch either but the acceleration to get up there is certainly different gravy.

:lol: Well according to this Sky journalist last week he is "aware" we want him now so perhaps we've already tapped him up and gauged if he is up for coming next month, or summer perhaps. He is an ETH target and so far he has not missed so in my book he will be a hit! Pure pace is a joy to watch.
United is interested and he says he is very interesting. Do not want. Another siu ego in the team.

TenOuttaTenHag

Loan with the option to buy?
Sometimes the best way it costs are fixed.
Try before you buy.

Ole'sgunnarwin

We won't challenge at the top until we have good attacking full backs. He's exactly what we need from what I've seen. Not the best defender you'll ever see but absolutely brilliant going forward.

zaafi

We won't challenge at the top until we have good attacking full backs. He's exactly what we need from what I've seen. Not the best defender you'll ever see but absolutely brilliant going forward.
Terrible defender and it's not like he's close to Alexander-Arnold offensively. Dalot is very good offensively these days and generally a better fit for most teams. Far better than Frimpong anyway.

Bojan Djordjic

Terrible defender and it's not like he's close to Alexander-Arnold offensively. Dalot is very good offensively these days and generally a better fit for most teams. Far better than Frimpong anyway.
Dalot has improved a lot this year but I wouldn’t get too carried away by his attacking play. None of his attacking stats are higher than the 77th percentile in the league for example. Not exactly prime Cafu and plenty of reason to think he could be improved upon.
Frimpong as an example has no attacking stats lower than the 79th percentile and is 99th percentile for a couple including nPxG and xA combined. He has 5 goals and 2 assists this season compared to dalots one assist in the league.

zaafi

Dalot has improved a lot this year but I wouldn’t get too carried away by his attacking play. None of his attacking stats are higher than the 77th percentile in the league for example. Not exactly prime Cafu and plenty of reason to think he could be improved upon.
Frimpong as an example has no attacking stats lower than the 79th percentile and is 99th percentile for a couple including nPxG and xA combined. He has 5 goals and 2 assists this season compared to dalots one assist in the league.
I would agree that Dalot has to improve offensively as well but his development under Ten Hag is clear and I'm confident he will improve. That being said, he's been really unlucky and I remember him hitting the post or crossbar at least 4 times this season. He would also have more assists if it wasn't for some of our forwards crap finishing. I don't think his actual G+A reflects his offensive play so far.
Another point is that he has become a vital part of our buildup play. Excellent touch and passer of the ball and great under pressure. Basically like having Shaw on the right back.

Jeremie Frimpong plays as a wingback or right midfielder most of the time in a league where you have acres of space to run and much more time on the ball than Premier League. Leverkursen often plays with a third centre back to allow Frimpong to go forward and free him from all the defensive responsibilities that Dalot has. It is very likely Dalot would have more goals and assists if he did like Frimpong and stayed far up the pitch most of the time, not having to worry about defending as much.

CM

I would agree that Dalot has to improve offensively as well but his development under Ten Hag is clear and I'm confident he will improve. That being said, he's been really unlucky and I remember him hitting the post or crossbar at least 4 times this season. He would also have more assists if it wasn't for some of our forwards crap finishing. I don't think his actual G+A reflects his offensive play so far.
Another point is that he has become a vital part of our buildup play. Excellent touch and passer of the ball and great under pressure. Basically like having Shaw on the right back.

Jeremie Frimpong plays as a wingback or right midfielder most of the time in a league where you have acres of space to run and much more time on the ball than Premier League. Leverkursen often plays with a third centre back to allow Frimpong to go forward and free him from all the defensive responsibilities that Dalot has. It is very likely Dalot would have more goals and assists if he did like Frimpong and stayed far up the pitch most of the time, not having to worry about defending as much.
Yep, Bundesliga tax is a real thing. Dalot may not be the most polished attacking full back out there but I really don't think Frimpong is any better.

jesperjaap

Would be happy with him / Gusto / Vanderson as competition for Dalot
Same, shame no threads on them. They wouldnt be competition though. Vanderson would take his place very quickly, Gusto I think will need more time but both will become far better right backs than Dalot....hopefully one of them here, see no links with Vanderson but a fair few with Gusto recently

avgp_1

He got those goal contributions playing pretty much as a winger.

Red00012

Maybe we could sell AWB to Crystal Palace, West Ham, etc, and take one of their right backs on loan until the end of the season. That arrangement might work for all concerned.
So Nathaniel Clyne , Joel Ward or Coufal are your choices :lol:

userman

Maybe we could sell AWB to Crystal Palace, West Ham, etc, and take one of their right backs on loan until the end of the season. That arrangement might work for all concerned.
We could just recall Laird if we sell AWB, and use whatever we get for him to fund a striker..

Erik the Red

So Nathaniel Clyne , Joel Ward or Coufal are your choices :lol:
OK, maybe we should sell AWB to someone else. I've just checked, and Wolves are currently favourites to sign AWB (followed by Crystal Palace and West Ham). Would you be happy having Semedo on a six month loan to compete with Dalot? That actually makes quite a bit of sense for the two Portuguese right backs to share the load till the summer.

Last edited:

NoPace

Celtic signed a 5'10 guy who won the J League MVP and plays RB, CB and DM so that could be their plan to replace Juranovic along with the Canadian they signed, Johnston. So I think odds are Juranovic is moving, just no idea if it's to us.

UnitedRepublic

AWB is a better defender than Dalot and some games we will have to have a guy like AWB there so I say keep AWB and get rid of Dalot because he doesn’t have any world class qualities to be honest.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He should be good match for Sancho, getting the best out of both of them, by Sancho playing the half spaces and Frimpong taking on winger duties. But both of them on the same flank would be something to behold defensively :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.