Jeremie Frimpong

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

Sky Sports Germany saying we’re interested in him for January, to be honest I’ve not seen a lot of him other than when he was at Celtic but heard/read very good things about him.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
What type of Right back is he?

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
From what Ive read and seen about him, he seems more like a wingback for a back 3 in stead of a fullback in a back 4

He would be a good signing. Have watched him a few times. Energetic wing back, with the he ability to run with the ball, take on players, cut inside and send a ball in.
Has benefited since leaving Celtic, playing at a higher standard.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I haven't seen him since last season but at the time he was technically solid, a good athlete with fairly big positioning issues.

I haven't seen him in since last season but at the time he was technically solid, a good athlete with fairly big positioning issues.
Agree that his attacking is better than his defending. A player that the centre halves will know they need to cover!

avgp_1

Bags of pace and a real threat going forward with his dribbling but defensively he is absolute shambles. Better as a RWB or RW for his contributions in the final third

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Truth be told, given that Antony is more of a wide winger than an inverted wide forward, we need an inverted right-back rather than an overlapping right-back

WirralRed

Find it hard to get excited when we are linked to young right backs because of Laird.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Truth be told, given that Antony is more of a wide winger than an inverted wide forward, we need an inverted right-back rather than an overlapping right-back
With Antony's complete lack of a right foot, how exactly is he not inverted?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's quite weak defensively, but can be effective if you open up space for him. The kind of player, where you need to think about how you will use him, before you buy him. That seems to be a weakness at United, so I'd be skeptical. I'm not sure Leverkusen would be willing to sell for a reasonable fee halfway through the season either, he's been one of their better players this year.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He's quite weak defensively, but can be effective if you open up space for him. The kind of player, where you need to think about how you will use him, before you buy him. That seems to be a weakness at United, so I'd be skeptical. I'm not sure Leverkusen would be willing to sell for a reasonable fee halfway through the season either, he's been one of their better players this year.
Massive praise :D

goalscholes

He’d be a good option to come on when we’re chasing a game, or could potentially start against some of the worst teams in the division.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nah, he always seems exposed in defence.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
With Antony's complete lack of a right foot, how exactly is he not inverted?
Antony usually holds the width on the right (Even as a left-footer); he's more Mahrez than Robben. With Antony wide, there's no need for an over-lapping RB to maintain width, we instead need an inverted RB more like Kyle Walker/Joshua Kimmich when he played there for Bayern

SAF is the GOAT

The only difference I see between him and Ethan Laird is that Frimpong is faster and quicker.

They're both technically good with the ball, dribble etc and I don't see the benefit of bringing him when we have a similar player from our own.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I haven't seen him since last season but at the time he was technically solid, a good athlete with fairly big positioning issues.
Sounds a little like a RB we already have who's currently playing on loan in the Championship.

WirralRed

Antony usually holds the width on the right (Even as a left-footer); he's more Mahrez than Robben. With Antony wide, there's no need for an over-lapping RB to maintain width, we instead need an inverted RB more like Kyle Walker/Joshua Kimmich when he played there for Bayern
We really could do with someone who is going to run past Anthony when he cuts in though, he even cuts in the cross, it would open up a lot of space and give him the option to cross, play it down the line or creat that bit more space to get a shot off.

Reactions: Cheimoon

AnotherLondonManc

But Antony almost always cuts in from the right. If we had an underlapping fullback, he would occupy the space that Antony wants to attack. He needs an overlapping run to open space for him on his left foot

BerryBerryShrew

Bags of pace and a real threat going forward with his dribbling but defensively he is absolute shambles. Better as a RWB or RW for his contributions in the final third
Really good going forward, shit defensively. Do not want.
Nah, he always seems exposed in defence.
Absolutely rapid but he can’t defend. Surely he’ll be Dalots back up with the form Diogo is in.
Denzel Dumfries vibes.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Denzel Dumfries vibes.
Not at all, Dumfries is fine defensively.

This guy probably has his size against him as well, havent seen him to be that bad defensively.

Bosz' teams are bad defensively generally.

NZT-One

Maybe he is instructed to do so because of the lack of attacking options in our RB department? You are right, there is a trend to step away from overlapping Fullbacks to underlapping fullbacks bolstering central position but I feel those things should always be flexible enough to maximize your squad. Plus, as many have said, both Antony and Sancho aren't particular great wingers (in the traditional sense, not a dig, as this kind of wingers isn't really trending since quite some time) so it definitely wouldn't be unheard of to bring in at least one really good attacking fullback. Although - from my understanding, that squad role is maybe earmarked for Laird.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This might happen in January if someone is prepared to sign Wan Bissaka.

TheReligion

Abusive
This has been a weakness but fortunately things are changing under the new regime.

Id be quite confident whoever we sign will fit the philosophy and system Ten Hag is implementing based on the summer window.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Very good RWB. I would worry a lot about him at RB in the PL with the need to get up and down with equal measure.

Would surely spell the end of Laird if true.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've only seen highlights of him playing but he seems to have ridiculous acceleration over the first few yards. And if he has the touch and technique to go along with his speed, then I think the coaching staff can improve his defensive game.

This is what 99 pace looks like in real life, apparently.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I've only seen highlights of him playing but he seems to have ridiculous acceleration over the first few yards. And if he has the touch and technique to go along with his speed, then I think the coaching staff can improve his defensive game.

This is what 99 pace looks like in real life, apparently.

Incredibly quick but the handful of times (I think 3) I’ve seen him play he’s really stood out as a poor defender.

There isn’t really a player in the PL like him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Incredibly quick but the handful of times (I think 3) I’ve seen him play he’s really stood out as a poor .

There isn’t really a player in the PL like him.
Surely we can help him with a financial advisor?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Very good RWB. I would worry a lot about him at RB in the PL with the need to get up and down with equal measure.

Would surely spell the end of Laird if true.
Or an indication from Dalot he doesn't want to sign a new deal? Laird is only just getting to grips with Championship football, he wouldn't be ready for us, for a couple of years anyway - in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.