Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

Classical Mechanic

If I'm understanding correctly, if someone believes Corbyn to be antisemitic then almost anything he says, or doesn't say, including how he speaks can be interpreted as being antisemitic?
Sounds like confirmation bias.
This is what I mean

The idea is that Corbyn used the Jewish pronunciation instead of the common Anglicised pronunciation to highlight his Jewishness and let him belong to the Jews because he's a notorious sex offender. That it was subtle code and a dog whistle to antisemites.
The idea that it could be antisemitic is not far fetched, it just depends on how you view the speaker.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The idea that it could be antisemitic is not far fetched, it just depends on how you view the speaker.
Im no fan of corbyn as anybody who reads this forum knows

I think he has allowed the cancer of antisemitsm to grow in labour and i believe the EHRC report will confirm this

That said I view him as an incompetent fekwhit and I think any subtle coding is beyond him... but thats just my personal opinion and can see how others can see it different

Classical Mechanic

Im no fan of corbyn as anybody who reads this forum knows

I think he has allowed the cancer of antisemitsm to grow in labour and i believe the EHRC report will confirm this

That said I view him as an incompetent fekwhit and I think any subtle coding is beyond him... but thats just my personal opinion and can see how others can see it different
I'm not seeing it personally, but i'm not Jewish so it's not my place to say.
As I said before I'd give him the benefit of any doubt because I don't think he's sly or insidious. It wouldn't surprise me if he practised the proper pronunciation not to be offensive.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I didn’t see the debate - why did Epstein come into the discussion at all?

Raulduke

Rachel Riley now digging herself into a hole about Mandela not wanting to meet Corbyn because his anti-apartheid activism was too extreme :houllier:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Rachel Riley now digging herself into a hole about Mandela not wanting to meet Corbyn because his anti-apartheid activism was too extreme :houllier:

It's clear she doesn't do her research before posting, most likely spoon fed stuff and just posts it without thinking.

Classical Mechanic

It's clear she doesn't do her research before posting, most likely spoon fed stuff and just posts it without thinking.
This is where she got her information from, it's an interesting read and there's a few good replies in the comments challenging some of the details.

https://medium.com/@twlldun/the-right-side-of-history-de2228da346f

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Was tempted to just put a "You ok hun?" on her timeline but tbh I think she's just best ignored. Nothing will penetrate her echo chamber.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The idea is that Corbyn used the Jewish pronunciation instead of the common Anglicised pronunciation to other him and let him belong to the Jews because he's a notorious sex offender. That it was subtle code and a dog whistle to antisemites.
That is absolute fcuking horseshit.

I speak English and French. In France my French is accepted as being shite, but passable. In England, if I pronounce Avignon, Provence or Cote D’Azur accented my friends, family or colleagues will rip the p1ss out of me. There’s no intent or message but it will sound different.

People are fcuking idiots.

I’m no fan of Corbyn but I’m intelligent enough to see that a slip in pronunciation is not indicative of anything.

Corbyn is not anti Semitic. He may hold views on Israel or Palestine that you disagree with. But his stance always seems to be grounded in humanity. He is not anti Jew. He’s not racist. His position is political.

He stood on stage, articulated his message clearly and exactly. If you choose to take a pronunciation over actual words then there’s no helping you.

KingCantona87

Whilst it was ill-advised and rather fecking stupid to do what she did, given her job on the tele, does it really matter to you all what she thinks? Is her opinion that important? The way the "internet" has reacted is laughable.

Classical Mechanic

That is absolute fcuking horseshit.

I speak English and French. In France my French is accepted as being shite, but passable. In England, if I pronounce Avignon, Provence or Cote D’Azur accented my friends, family or colleagues will rip the p1ss out of me. There’s no intent or message but it will sound different.

People are fcuking idiots.

I’m no fan of Corbyn but I’m intelligent enough to see that a slip in pronunciation is not indicative of anything.

Corbyn is not anti Semitic. He may hold views on Israel or Palestine that you disagree with. But his stance always seems to be grounded in humanity. He is not anti Jew. He’s not racist. His position is political.

He stood on stage, articulated his message clearly and exactly. If you choose to take a pronunciation over actual words then there’s no helping you.
That is completely unrelated to their point. It's better explained here

The idea is that Corbyn used the Jewish pronunciation instead of the common Anglicised pronunciation to highlight his Jewishness and let him belong to the Jews because he's a notorious sex offender. That it was subtle code and a dog whistle to antisemites.
You can also add the perception that Epstein is your archetypal member of the 'shadowy elite' so some Jewish people probably feel quite sensitive about him being weaponised against them in the Jewish conspiracy narrative. If you believe that Corbyn is an antisemite, as any Jewish people do, it's not difficult to understand their point of view.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Whilst it was ill-advised and rather fecking stupid to do what she did, given her job on the tele, does it really matter to you all what she thinks? Is her opinion that important? The way the "internet" has reacted is laughable.
She's got thousands of followers, don't expect not to be get called up on your bullshit when you have that many followers.

KingCantona87

You can also add the perception that Epstein is your archetypal member of the 'shadowy elite' so some Jewish people probably feel quite sensitive about him being weaponised against them in the Jewish conspiracy narrative. If you believe that Corbyn is an antisemite, as any Jewish people do, it's not difficult to understand their point of view.
Bravo, absolutely spot on.

KingCantona87

She's got thousands of followers, don't expect not to be get called up on your bullshit when you have that many followers.
Oh heaven forbid anybody that dares criticise the holy one blessed be he, Jeremy Corbyn or slander his extremely noble reputation as a staunch humanist and anti-racist campaigner...

Why follow her if she's got form for coming out with utter bollocks?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Maybe because she erased an anti-apartheid message in order to spout her nonsense?

It's offensive & she's rightly being called out for it. There's nothing laughable about the situation.

KingCantona87

The imaged defaced was a Corbyn cultist image. The only reason anyone is upset is because it was switched to point out his own antisemitsm. I see nobody arguing in good faith that this was a racist act. All I see are people that wanted to abuse Riley, just most in this thread are doing.

I'm not sure you know how Twitter works.
I'm not sure you know how sarcasm works.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Oh heaven forbid anybody that dares criticise the holy one blessed be he, Jeremy Corbyn or slander his extremely noble reputation as a staunch humanist and anti-racist campaigner...

Why follow her if she's got form for coming out with utter bollocks?
That's clearly not what this is about, if you haven't figured it out give your head a wobble.

And you don't have to follow her to see the bollocks.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well please enlighten me as to what this actually IS about then? Because I appear to have completely missed the point according to you.
Someone has already explained it to you.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The imaged defaced was a Corbyn cultist image. The only reason anyone is upset is because it was switched to point out his own antisemitsm. I see nobody arguing in good faith that this was a racist act. All I see are people that wanted to abuse Riley, just most in this thread are doing.
This is reductionism, there are hundreds, if not thousands of people who have voiced their anger/upset because the message was defaced and not to do with antisemitism but revisionism & erasure of black history.
What you see, isn't what's only there to see.

She (or the maker of the t-shirt) could've chosen any image of Corbyn either holding a sign, or with signage in his background to spread their message
https://www.google.com/search?q=cor...WQa8AKHbf4BnYQ_AUoAXoECAwQAw&biw=1440&bih=751
See how easy that was?

Instead they intentionally chose one that erases black history, it's intentional, it's offensive and if you can't see otherwise then there's no use replying.

KingCantona87

That doctored picture of Corbyn doesn't erase black history. Wow.

As I said earlier, nobody cared about the image until it was used to prove Corbyn's antiracist credentials. That's all I am going to say. You can all go back to slagging off Rachel Riley now.

Fluctuation0161

It's really not laughable. How much do you know about the suffering caused by apartheid in South Africa?

She is rightly being called out for trivialising that.

Not to mention spreading disinformation about the opposition leader.