Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

Smores

What a waste of everyone's time, with absolutely no-one coming out looking good.
A chain of events that were never going to happen any other way. The media loved the drama and so Starmer had to interfere to get a quick suspension, ultimately Corbyn didn't do anything wrong so he's reinstated.

It was a trade off to deescalate on the day hoping they'll be less fuss later.

Kaos

What a waste of everyone's time, with absolutely no-one coming out looking good.
This, completely baffled.

I never wanted him expelled, but would have expected Starmer to own it if he was insisting on winning back the centrists and 'anyone-but-Corbyn' crowd at the expense of the party left. But now he's just ceremoniously pissed off everyone, not to mention given the Tories and media plenty of ammunition. Bizarre leadership.

Smores

This, completely baffled.

I never wanted him expelled, but would have expected Starmer to own it if he was insisting on winning back the centrists and 'anyone-but-Corbyn' crowd at the expense of the party left. But now he's just ceremoniously pissed off everyone, not to mention given the Tories and media plenty of ammunition. Bizarre leadership.
The whole point is that its not the leader who decides!

The amount of people I've seen make this argument and suddenly i understand why they think the leader is responsible for every complaint raised.

Kaos

The whole point is that its not the leader who decides!

The amount of people I've seen make this argument and suddenly i understand why they think the leader is responsible for every complaint raised.
You're telling me he had no sway in the NEC panel tasked with hearing the appeal?

Smores

You're telling me he had no sway in the NEC panel tasked with hearing the appeal?
No I'm not saying that because it would be ignorant of reality. I'm saying he shouldn't have any according to the EHRC which is supposed to be fully implemented.

Reinstated but not reinstated? Requires additional snappy thread title clarification change

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Rightly so.

No doubt we can now have another snappy thread title change.
perhaps another change taking into account Starmer now isnt letting him back into the PLP

The Labour MP Neil Coyle, who has been an outspoken critic of Corbyn’s approach to antisemitism under his leadership, said the case must be looked at by the independent process that Starmer has said he will set up under the EHRC recommendations.

“Keir is trying to deliver on his self-confessed first priority as Labour leader – to rebuild trust with the Jewish community,” he said. “The whip cannot be restored until the new, genuinely independent complaints process assesses this case and ensures a fair decision is made. This is also the legal requirement under the EHRC report; the Labour party has to do this in order to avoid further inquiry. So it is the morally right thing to do as well as the only option available.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-labour-whip-despite-having-suspension-lifted

Foxbatt

Maybe it's time for the UK to have a party with the real ordinary people in mind and not the toffs.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Maybe it's time for the UK to have a party with the real ordinary people in mind and not the toffs.
didnt farage launch that last week

the anti vaxer, anti eu, anti masker pro pint in the pub party ... reforming the UK political system for the many not the jew... (oops that was corbyn)... sorry reforming the UK political system for the ordinary people not the political elite / toffs allegedly

Foxbatt

didnt farage launch that last week

the anti vaxer, anti eu, anti masker pro pint in the pub party ... reforming the UK political system for the many not the jew... (oops that was corbyn)... sorry reforming the UK political system for the ordinary people not the political elite / toffs allegedly
They certainly are not for everyone.

jeff_goldblum

yes - (or at least according to the bits "sources close to" formby released)
But nothing should be held back from the EHRC and ANYBODY found to have acted inappropriately should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law IMO

Starmer needs to get rid of all of them ASAP - they clearly have the info available internally - the purge should start today and I repeat ANYBODY who engaged in racist behavior should be gone woth the dossier given to the EHRC and the police

If starmer does not demand it goes to the EHRC and does not act on the info ASAP then he should go as well - zero racists in the party and zero tolerance for them should be the minimum we can expect
Hi sun, will we be seeing you over in the Starmer thread calling for his expulsion? He didn't demand the internal report went to the EHRC and hasn't taken any actions against those it evidenced frustrating the process.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I swear they over complicate this shit.

“Jeremy is a key member of the Labour Party and his record speaks for itself. The party disagrees with some of his positions but welcomes his views, always”

‘Party Line’ is so fcuking stupid.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

“Jeremy is a key member of the Labour Party and his record speaks for itself. The party disagrees with some of his positions but welcomes his views, always”

Probably would have been better to set up the independent complaints process the EHRC demanded and let them deal with this issue

Smores

Probably would have been better to set up the independent complaints process the EHRC demanded and let them deal with this issue
So you want Starmer to delay all complaints and suspension hearings whilst this independent body is setup?

I get they want Corbyn's blood for apparently hurting all British Jews as they say but the fact they start that by saying Corbyn has personal responsibility for breaches of EHRC and then finish it by saying Starmer should politically intervene to suspend Corbyn probably sums it up.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So you want Starmer to delay all complaints and suspension hearings whilst this independent body is setup?
I guess it depends how quickly they can set it up but i think given its one of the EHRC recommendations then yes I think that's something that should be implemented ASAP and Im assuming they can have that up and running in a few weeks or at the latest in the new year and that seems a reasonable time frame I think.

I think anything other than an independent process is ultimately going to be tarnished with accusations of factionalism so if that means people stay suspended for a few more weeks then its probably better to wait - plus I suspect any decisions made between now and then will all be appealed anyway given the EHRC said the current processes needed to be changed

Smores

I guess it depends how quickly they can set it up but i think given its one of the EHRC recommendations then yes I think that's something that should be implemented ASAP and Im assuming they can have that up and running in a few weeks or at the latest in the new year and that seems a reasonable time frame I think.

I think anything other than an independent process is ultimately going to be tarnished with accusations of factionalism so if that means people stay suspended for a few more weeks then its probably better to wait - plus I suspect any decisions made between now and then will all be appealed anyway given the EHRC said the current processes needed to be changed
Not saying you're wrong but i can't imagine the party would be able to keep someone under suspension or delay complaints whilst this is setup. I think as you say it's more likely you'd review cases and allow appeals.

I don't actually think the NEC was ever identified by the EHRC as an unsuitable body. The entire report mainly calls out that it needs to be independent of LOTO and that any oversight/audit is fully independent.

Indeed it does. Not since the 1930s has a Labour party candidate done so badly in a general election.

The sooner they get rid of the characters of his ilk the sooner the country can get a decent opposition in place again.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Indeed it does. Not since the 1930s has a Labour party candidate done so badly in a general election.

The sooner they get rid of the characters of his ilk the sooner the country can get a decent opposition in place again.
Corbyn deciding the lived experience of this country would see an average prosperity level that no PM has delivered.

He’s flawed. I don’t even like him all that much. But he would deliver better outcomes than most of us.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/one-academics-bid-to-undermine-the-fight-against-antisemitism/

Now he has authored an article in The Guardian stating his opposition to calls by the Government on universities to adopt the Definition – a cause CAA has championed along with the Union of Jewish Students, Lord Mann, the Jewish Leadership Council, the Board of Deputies, the Community Security Trust and every other mainstream Jewish organisation and activist. There are few issues that unite our community like this one, and it is telling that Prof. Feldman – as with the Chakrabarti Inquiry – finds himself at odds with the mainstream community.

Prof. Feldman’s criticisms of the definition are familiar: he fears it will “privilege one group over others” and believes it is “no substitute for carefully constructed measures to combat antisemitism and other racisms.”

But to fight antisemitism we must define it, especially given its unique complexity. That was why we, along with Lord Pickles and others, campaigned so forcefully over many meetings in Downing Street for the British Government to adopt it. It was also thanks to the International Definition that our 2019 Antisemitism Barometer – which took into account the full range of examples of antisemitism in the Definition – was the first empirical study to reveal that antisemitism on the far-left had surpassed that on the far-right.

The Pears Institute for the Study of Antisemitism at Birkbeck should not be lending its credibility to a man who does so much to hinder the fight against antisemitism.

Super Hans

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/one-academics-bid-to-undermine-the-fight-against-antisemitism/

Now he has authored an article in The Guardian stating his opposition to calls by the Government on universities to adopt the Definition – a cause CAA has championed along with the Union of Jewish Students, Lord Mann, the Jewish Leadership Council, the Board of Deputies, the Community Security Trust and every other mainstream Jewish organisation and activist. There are few issues that unite our community like this one, and it is telling that Prof. Feldman – as with the Chakrabarti Inquiry – finds himself at odds with the mainstream community.

Prof. Feldman’s criticisms of the definition are familiar: he fears it will “privilege one group over others” and believes it is “no substitute for carefully constructed measures to combat antisemitism and other racisms.”

But to fight antisemitism we must define it, especially given its unique complexity. That was why we, along with Lord Pickles and others, campaigned so forcefully over many meetings in Downing Street for the British Government to adopt it. It was also thanks to the International Definition that our 2019 Antisemitism Barometer – which took into account the full range of examples of antisemitism in the Definition – was the first empirical study to reveal that antisemitism on the far-left had surpassed that on the far-right.

The Pears Institute for the Study of Antisemitism at Birkbeck should not be lending its credibility to a man who does so much to hinder the fight against antisemitism.
Are you endorsing that article?

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys

Gideon Falter is a fecking flog.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Announcement by corbyn on Sunday about a new project... hopefully he's feking off to a new party... but who knows he might tactfully suggest a final solution to the antisemitism problems in labour or trot out another faux apology

His pr is as good as ever though making an announcement on the day a decision will be announced about brexit... then no doubt it will be the right wing media (probably being controlled by some secret rich illuminati nudge nudge wink ) to blame for not making his announcement front page news

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Announcement by corbyn on Sunday about a new project... hopefully he's feking off to a new party... but who knows he might tactfully suggest a final solution to the antisemitism problems in labour or trot out another faux apology
You enjoy this, do you?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Corbyn leaving the party... yeah I'd like that
More of his crap on antisemitism I hope not
I mean perhaps he's going to accept the ehrc report though I doubt it and I think another statement causing offence is more likley
I meant the final solution "quip".