Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

Red Ryan

Starter of Rubbish Threads
I'll credit Corbyn with being an honest man. Unless he confirms in public that he voted remain then I will take that as admission by omission that he voted leave. I don't believe he would flat out lie to the electorate.

He already has confirmed he voted Remain. He tweeted it on the day he voted. This myth that he voted Leave is being peddled by those with an agenda.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Looks like personal grievances and the lust for power is more important than old hokey things like loyalty and duty. The SavingLabour website may as well be called MakeLabourMoreLikeTheTories.
Some feel more of a sense of loyalty and duty to people around the country who do not want a Boris Johnson government in control, rather than an incompetent leader who has lost the confidence of the MPs he's supposed to lead in parliament.

Classical Mechanic

He already has confirmed he voted Remain. He tweeted it on the day he voted. This myth that he voted Leave is being peddled by those with an agenda.
True enough. I will take that as confirmation. Still, he could have been more active to reach out to the Labour Leave voters, there was no one better than him to do so.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Some feel more of a sense of loyalty and duty to people around the country who do not want a Boris Johnson government in control, rather than an incompetent leader who has lost the confidence of the MPs he's supposed to lead in parliament.
Oh feck off. "Our sense of loyalty and duty is more valid than yours".

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'll credit Corbyn with being an honest man. Unless he confirms in public that he voted remain then I will take that as admission by omission that he voted leave. I don't believe he would flat out lie to the electorate.
You're falling for spin.

Ubik

Oh feck off. "Our sense of loyalty and duty is more valid than yours".
Didn't mention anything about validity, just responding to someone questioning mine.

Ubik

Are you one of the Shadow Cabinet ministers involved in the coup? The plot thickens...
You referenced the website I linked and said it was to promote Toryism. Seemed fairly aimed at me.

Classical Mechanic

Will you at least accept that Chris Bryant is a cnut, and maybe just maybe, a lot of the accusations coming out are stitch ups?
I am not really bothered. Corbyn is a good man but now we are out of the EU I want the country to be saved from Boris Johnson. I would class myself as a centre left pragmatist so want Corbyn out and an electable leader in his place ready to take on the Tories.

Shamwow

Didn't mention anything about validity, just responding to someone questioning mine.
It's what you implied in your statement and it's something I've heard time and time again, frankly I'm sick of it.

If it's so right they can prove it in the polls. Don't keep telling us that you know better, fail miserably at knowing better, and then tell us some more that you know better. It's about as effective as telling people that ISIS would vote for Brexit.

Shamwow

I am not really bothered. Corbyn is a good man but now we are out of the EU I want the country to be saved from Boris Johnson. I would class myself as a centre left pragmatist so want Corbyn out and an electable leader in his place ready to take on the Tories.
So you're bothered as long the argument hasn't been challenged - as soon as the cracks appear you become the kind of pragmatist that ignores the only actual evidence available. You WOULD make a good Labour MP!

Ubik

It's what you implied in your statement and it's something I've heard time and time again, frankly I'm sick of it.

If it's so right they can prove it in the polls. Don't keep telling us that you know better, fail miserably at knowing better, and then tell us some more that you know better. It's about as effective as telling people that ISIS would vote for Brexit.
And you keep apologising for someone that has shown himself to be incompetent, continually. And who's performed worse than Ed Miliband did in elections and poll ratings, continually.

I'm not gonna tell you to feck off because I'm not a dick, but it's probably best we stick each other on ignore, we aren't going to agree on anything, seems clear.

Shamwow

And you keep apologising for someone that has shown himself to be incompetent, continually. And who's performed worse than Ed Miliband did in elections and poll ratings, continually.

I'm not gonna tell you to feck off because I'm not a dick, but it's probably best we stick each other on ignore, we aren't going to agree on anything, seems clear.
That's the sneakiest way of telling someone to feck off I've ever seen.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Pictured: Shamwow outside Parliament today

Corbyn has announced new shadow cabinet on twitter:

New appointments that were not announced earlier:

Barry Gardiner - shadow energy secretary
Richard Burgon - shadow justice secretary
Angela Rayner - shadow minister for women and equalities
Debbie Abrahams - shadow work and pension secretary

Shamwow

I find it ironic that Corbyn got consistently accused of wanting to deselect MPs but actually all along he's been the one they've been trying to deselect.

Smores

What you need to remember is Chukka and Jarvis are unelectable, I heard a guy down the pub who knows a guy who had a mechanic who said they'd never vote them because they're too right wing.

As much proof as you need I think

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I find it ironic that Corbyn got consistently accused of wanting to deselect MPs but actually all along he's been the one they've been trying to deselect.
I'm really on the fence about it all. I love his politics, I love his reflective way of talking about things, I voted for him in the leadership election. However, I think his balanced approach to the referendum hasn't helped Remain a bit, and I know it's because he's ambivalent himself. "Remain and reform" wasn't on the ballot paper. Would he win a General Election for Labour? I seriously doubt it, and yet I don't want him to be ousted.

We didn't hear Boris and his crew balance their rabble-rousing with positive facts about being in Europe. You don't, when you're trying to win hearts and minds to support one way of looking at an issue. Jeremy just didn't pitch it right, I'm afraid, and it was a very big mistake.

Sweet Square

Don't know how much truth is in this
but if it true than this idea that Corbyn failed on the Eu Referendum is well shite. Although should state I don't how true it is.

Shamwow

Don't know how much truth is in this
but if it true than this idea that Corbyn failed on the Eu Referendum is well shite. Although should state I don't how true it is.
Yougov reported more Labour remain voters and less Tories. Definitely ball park.

Keep seeing Labour MPs criticise Corbyn by saying they were all united on the EU, and he didn't work hard enough.

This whole thing is a stitch up, which is a huge reason as to why it can't be allowed to succeed. We're not just fighting for Corbyn, we're fighting for integrity in the Labour party.

Sweet Square

Yougov reported more Labour remain voters and less Tories. Definitely ball park.

This whole thing is a stitch up, which is a huge reason as to why it can't be allowed to succeed. We're not fighting for Corbyn, we're fighting for integrity in the Labour party.
Agree. If the MP's where to make Corbyn resign it would a huge blow to not only the members but the unions backing him, so even if Corbyn wanted to go he knows that he can't really.

Shamwow

I'm really on the fence about it all. I love his politics, I love his reflective way of talking about things, I voted for him in the leadership election. However, I think his balanced approach to the referendum hasn't helped Remain a bit, and I know it's because he's ambivalent himself. "Remain and reform" wasn't on the ballot paper. Would he win a General Election for Labour? I seriously doubt it, and yet I don't want him to be ousted.

We didn't hear Boris and his crew balance their rabble-rousing with positive facts about being in Europe. You don't, when you're trying to win hearts and minds to support one way of looking at an issue. Jeremy just didn't pitch it right, I'm afraid, and it was a very big mistake.
Fair points. My issue with having a go at him for the EU campaign is this:

Boris' crew had the advantage of selling a dream, and having an "incumbent" to criticise.

My issue with Corbyn being criticised for not being 100% happy with the EU is - who would it convince? Anyone who already thinks that is going to be voting Remain anyway.

Then you have the people who've seen years (decades?) of headlines criticising the EU. Politicians blaming it for their own failures when it suits (i.e. Tory immigration promises).

So Corbyn comes out and says "The EU is GREAT! I'd give it 10/10". Who is that going to convert? It didn't work for Cameron.

Besides that, Boris crew didn't need a party leader to deliver a win so these Labour MPs having a go at Corbyn should probably have a look at themselves too. Hodge's own constituency couldn't deliver a Remain vote. She should hold a lot of the blame for that, she's their MP.

Sweet Square

Yep, noticed by others:

To be fair they could just be handing out signs to people. I mean what Corbyn supporter isn't going to turn down a sign that Tories Out, Refugees in.
Not read the piece but yeah they are bit mad, watched a talk from them on youtube and there was a lot of talk about Comrades. Still worth listening if only to hear a different viewpoint.