5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdecuc

He gets unfair criticism Jesse. Ok his final ball often lets him down. But I'm always impressed by his bravery that is he seems to always want the ball. Always looking to make himself available and generally working hard. Hoping actual goal and assist output will improve with experience. Then he'd be an excellent player for the squad.

What a strike though. What a way for him to win the cup.

Red_Aaron

I love Jesse, think people on here are overly harsh on him. When he came into the team along with rashford their energy transformed us and brought the best out of martial too, they all seem to love playing together. Would certainly rather see Jesse in an attacking role than Rooney at the moment he's much more penetrative.

Fantastic goal yesterday too gets better with every watch. Unbelievable tekkers :)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Great goal, delighted for the lad. Far from good enough to be a regular starter for us, but good player to have in the squad. Hopefully he'll be happy with such role.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Very happy for him, been criticized harshly (sometimes deservedly) this season, but not many things better for a local lad than scoring an FA cup winning goal for your boyhood club. Hopefully he'll continue to mature and improve.

Bojan11

Look - nobody expected anything from this lad and he has come out and had a good season. Made us 3x more exciting after christmas, and from the local area.

Mourinho means he has likely played his last significant game, but what a great story
What are you jabbering on about last game? He's a hard working winger, which Mourinho will love. It's Depay who should be worrying.

I don't think he should be a starter. But if he could improve his finishing he could be a decent player for us. He scores hard chances, but misses the easier chances.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Should have gone regardless, have more to offer than likes of Delph, Townsend etc.
Agreed, he's better than half the trash we're taking to France. Although, had he not been so quiet during that period, he would definitely be on the plane.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
All he needs to do is start taking his chances. His moments good and he looked sharp when he came on. Took his goal real well but on his performances this season a squad player. He can produce more but that goal might be the making of him

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wanted him to come on before Mata scored, just knew he would score. What a superb goal that was, a homegrown player winning the FA Cup after this season is just perfect. Just makes it sweeter as a fan

Crashoutcassius

What are you jabbering on about last game? He's a hard working winger, which Mourinho will love. It's Depay who should be worrying.

I don't think he should be a starter. But if he could improve his finishing he could be a decent player for us. He scores hard chances, but misses the easier chances.
Yeah I take your point there. Just think he'll be replaced with someone who has already played games and got the experience at another club. There are plenty of hard working wingers

Bojan11

Yeah I take your point there. Just think he'll be replaced with someone who has already played games and got the experience at another club. There are plenty of hard working wingers
He should be replaced as a starter though. We need a quality right winger. That doesn't mean Lingard shouldn't be in the squad.

Rossa

Wonderful goal!

Does he look to have worked a bit on his physical attributes? He looks a fair bit faster than when the season started; he's actually capable of sprinting past players these days, and he also looks quite a bit stronger.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I kept going on about that goal to one of my flatmates. What a strike. It's one of those balls you'd fire into the stands 9/10 times. To keep it down like that was incredibly. What a way to win the final for us.

Walters_19_MuFc

What a strike! He certainly saved this one for the right time, as he's missed easier chances this season. Great finish, and worthy of a winner.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Really glad for him, Smalling got more abuse than he got praise for scoring the winner in the cup final.

Set up a great chance for Carrick too while we were down to 10 men.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We need to replace him as a starter, but I have no issues with him as a squad player.
Great strike though and what a moment for him and the club, and LvG must feel proud as he kept playing him basically all the time.

Acole9

Outstanding
Brilliant goal, I doubt he'll score one more important or better than that.

Dobbs

In the short time he was on I thought he was our best player.

It's unfortunate that some moments get lost if they don't lead to a goal. Rooney's run for the first is correctly applauded because it did. Lingards work to fashion the chance for Carrick is forgotten because Carrick didn't get the finishing touch right. That piece of play was very nice indeed.

LouisDanGaal

Now he has had a huge moment he might relax and get a bit less rash in the final third which would be great because his link up play is good, his shooting and final ball is often too rushed. He could come back next season relaxed and more composed, I genuinely believe he will get 30 appearances for us next season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can't see the quality. He's alright, but not top 4 material as far as I can see. I suspect he'll be plying his trade at (somewhere like) West Brom in a couple of years time. Blind, on the other hand, I believe would do well in any league where he's appreciated. I think that, if he leaves, he'll end up at somewhere like Juve/Inter.
Moved it as it was a bit off topic there in the Blind/Mata thread (I do think Blind would make sense in Italy, slower, more tactical, he'd blossom).

Lingard I think has not really shown any reason why he should not keep getting the chances at United. He's done better than pretty much everyone expected and I'm at a loss as to why he's not top 4 material. The kid's got heart and energy too. He's brought up by the club and he's impressed me pretty much most games he's played, making clever runs, linking up nicely and he's got goals.

If Mata is a player who doesn't have the grit, the energy to press and work for the team, which Jose demands, Jesse is anything but.

Von Mistelroum

Moved it as it was a bit off topic there in the Blind/Mata thread (I do think Blind would make sense in Italy, slower, more tactical, he'd blossom).

Lingard I think has not really shown any reason why he should not keep getting the chances at United. He's done better than pretty much everyone expected and I'm at a loss as to why he's not top 4 material. The kid's got heart and energy too. He's brought up by the club and he's impressed me pretty much most games he's played, making clever runs, linking up nicely and he's got goals.

If Mata is a player who doesn't have the grit, the energy to press and work for the team, which Jose demands, Jesse is anything but.
Yeah, I agree that he has heart and grit, and he can often look pretty decent. However, so do many players at lower tier clubs. I'm not saying he's rubbish, just nothing special, and I don't see the talent to be a top player. It's my opinion o course, and I've been wrong in the past, I just can't see it. He has a good shot sometimes, but I can't say much else about his actual talent.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Top 4 material? What is that exactly? Lingard is not world class, but even the best teams in the world have players who aren't in that category, because you can't have 25 world class players. We also won alot of titles with decent/average players under Fergie, players like Phil Neville, Butt, May, O'Shea etc. weren't "top 4 material" either, but they could still do the job.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yeah, I agree that he has heart and grit, and he can often look pretty decent. However, so do many players at lower tier clubs. I'm not saying he's rubbish, just nothing special, and I don't see the talent to be a top player. It's my opinion o course, and I've been wrong in the past, I just can't see it. He has a good shot sometimes, but I can't say much else about his actual talent.
I agree with this. He won't be at the club at this point in 12 months I don't think.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If he could put away some of the chances that he's missed this season hed actually be sat with really good figues. I think Mounrinho will like him actually because he's very hard working, holds his width and had great movement. His technical game is far from top class and vision is lacking abit but I still think he's young enough to improve in these aspects particularly under a coach like Mourinho. I think he could still be a big player for us next year and I hope he can continue to step up when needed.

prath92

Frankly he has done for us more than some others like januzaj or Memphis and deserves a place in the team.

stevoc

In the centre he is for the most part anonymous and shouldn't play there again, out wide he has played well at times and impressed but he had his bad games also (as did everyone else).

His role should be what it was in the cup final impact sub and rotation for smaller games. He's not nearly good enough to command a first team spot at United.

Having said that though i wouldn't be surprised to see him leave United in the next year or two. We have younger players with arguably more potential in Januzaj, Pereira and Depay, if one or more of them kick on under Mourinho Jesse could see his chances limited.

Red_Beans

Having said that though i wouldn't be surprised to see him leave United in the next year or two. We have younger players with arguably more potential in Januzaj, Pereira and Depay, if one or more of them kick on under Mourinho Jesse could see his chances limited.
Having more potential dosnt make you a better player though, nor does it guarantee that you will become a better player

NinjaFletch

Scores the club a winner in a cup final and can't even get away for two weeks without people trying to sell him. :rolleyes:

redwar

We have younger players with arguably more potential in Januzaj, Pereira and Depay, if one or more of them kick on under Mourinho Jesse could see his chances limited.
Januzaj had a good first year under Moyes. Then he vanished. We should also take into account that he dives when in a difficult situation and the referees didn 't see that in his first year.
Diving when thing are difficult means a lot to me.

Depay is the most stressed winger we 've seen in years. It 's a matter of bad management.
Pereira; I would like to see him as Mourinho 's apocalypse

JoaquinJoaquin

Frankly he has done for us more than some others like januzaj or Memphis and deserves a place in the team.
FWIW I don't think Januzaj will be here this time next year and there is alot of question marks on Memphis at the moment to. If he carries on with the same attitude and work rate levels that he had this past season and even up until last week with the Holland NT then he will be out of the club by the end of this Summer.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Lingard scores one goal and suddenly the tables turn. Read 99 per cent of the comments (including my own, admittedly) from before the fa cup final and you'll arguably get a better impression of how people felt about him this season.

He went 15 games without a goal or an assist prior to the final and people were calling him Championship material. He was a first team, attacking player who contributed next to nothing in the most maligned offensive setup our team has seen for generations. For months on end he provided little but childish bus videos.

Yes he scored a great goal in the final but the amount of minutes he got on the pitch was unwarranted IMO.

I'm sure he'll care a great deal what I think, but Jesse if you're reading this you can get back in my good books if you stop dabbing and acting like a teenage buffoon.

m1y2

In the centre he is for the most part anonymous and shouldn't play there again, out wide he has played well at times and impressed but he had his bad games also (as did everyone else).

His role should be what it was in the cup final impact sub and rotation for smaller games. He's not nearly good enough to command a first team spot at United.

IIRC he played there on about 4 occasions full game, think he was great against Man city there and brilliant the game after and anonymous the last time he played there but all the players were shit and we didnt rotate at all.. think it's his best position still, he had his best games for u21 England there. He's inconsitent dribbler from the wing and perhaps lacks a bit on top speed and that doesn't really matter from the middle. Hope he gets a chance or two there under Mourinho, if he tries Wayne there, Lingard deserves a chance as well as already offer more than rooney and could be a good option there for a more defensive setup

Status
Not open for further replies.