Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
EIGHT QUESTIONS FOR LINGARD ON TOUR 2016

Ahead of the team's departure to China next week for Tour 2016, presented by Aon, we grabbed 60 seconds with Manchester United attacker and FA Cup hero Jesse ”dab” Lingard to reflect on his last visit to China with the Reds...

Firstly, how much are you looking forward to the tour of China?
We’ve been (there) before and it’s always a great experience. The fans there really love the club and it’s good for us to be able to give something back to them by going over to visit. It’ll be good for the young players as well to see what it’s like [on tour].

How would you describe the support you get from supporters in Asia?
They’re madly in love with the club! It’s good to see the love they have for United and like I said it’s good for us to give something back.

What are your memories of the 2012 tour which involved a 1-0 win over Shanghai Shenhua?
We were pleased to win the match and it was great to be in such a fantastic city like Shanghai. We explored the city a bit and it’s a wonderful place to be. It’s a great feeling to be going back.

Have you visited Beijing before?
I’ve not been before but I’ve heard about the Bird’s Nest and it’s supposed to be a great stadium; I’m sure there will be lots of fans packed inside there. To have a derby abroad is another new experience and we’ll be raring to go.

What’s the first thing you think of when someone says pre-season?
[Laughs] Running! That’s the main thing. It’s all about fitness and getting yourself right when you get back from your holidays because you’ve got to prepare yourself for the new season.

From a player’s perspective, what does a good pre-season involve?
The running part is an obvious feature because you want to be able to last 90 minutes in the first game and the ball-work is important because you’ve not kicked a ball all summer!

How tough can the training be?
It can be really tough and intense but it’s good to get away on tour so you can focus on your fitness work.

What’s the most enjoyable thing about the tour?
Playing the games. They’re every few days so you’re always playing and it’s good to visit other countries. And it’s also great for the young players to experience what it's like to be around the first team.

//

Love the way he considers himself a more senior figure in the team already. Some will interpret this the wrong way but I like it.

Let’s hope he starts the season the way he ended the last one :devil:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
If Memphis doesn’t improve and the reports regarding Adnan’s attitude are true, Lingard could be the first sub for the attacking trio behind Zlatan/Rashford. Which is good, Jesse’s still young and can improve on his end product and decision making.

Mike09

Very interesting. People posted stuff to every players but not Jesse? I thought him and Mkhitaryan did very well together in first half. Better than what Memphis and Wilson did.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Very interesting. People posted stuff to every players but not Jesse? I thought him and Mkhitaryan did very well together in first half. Better than what Memphis and Wilson did.
He is not foreign and do not have a fancy name. Lingard performance was very solid and he combined well with Mhkitaryan. He is one of our key player if we want to implement a good pressing game.

stevoc

If Memphis doesn’t improve and the reports regarding Adnan’s attitude are true, Lingard could be the first sub for the attacking trio behind Zlatan/Rashford. Which is good, Jesse’s still young and can improve on his end product and decision making.
Whats the latest reports about Januzaj then?

Drifter

American
Been reported that Lingard is in talks with the club over a new contract. I'm sure it will be welcoming news for those on here.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Just imagine if Memphis had made that "pass" to the keeper... The outrage would have shutdown the site.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Poor today. Maybe it's just too hot, but he needs to do much, much better with that finish. Should be a goal 9 times out of 10.

Rajma

Just an average average player, not a United material whatsoever. Honestly, I will be shocked if the club would offer him a contract. From my point of view, that would add to the already long list of poor decisions taken by the club since the SAF departure. Unless, he is fine with pay cut and a very limited role, but that to me would indicate the lack of the motivation on the palyer's behalf, I just can't see the point in keeping him for any further.

Mike09

:lol:
The number of posts he got for Wigan game was so much less than the number of posts he got against Dortmund.

Just too slow in all areas, same as last year. Good squad player but no more.

JoaquinJoaquin

Why do some have agendas on their own players?
Wondered how long it would take before the 'agenda' line was dropped, it's took 2 pre season games.

I was really hoping he was going to of knuckled down over summer and worked on the short comings of his game, but obviously not. He is just bang average and won't be here in 12 months.

Robbie Boy

I agree, but some fans hold different standards to their players.
Never understood some on here having undying love for certain players. I can understand if it's an absolute club legend but generally I judge players on how good they are and what they bring to the team. Players like Lingard just aren't good enough and I don't get what others see in him and why some appear to really love him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Tom Cleverly of wingers.
Pretty useful player cause he puts in a shift but should be nowhere near the XI.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Poor today. Maybe it's just too hot, but he needs to do much, much better with that finish. Should be a goal 9 times out of 10.
That finish was pathetic. If you'd just tuned in at that point, you'd have thought it was a back pass.

drdoityourself

I would be less critical of him if he was seen as a squad player by the manager. But he's been ever present in our starting lineup since early last season so his constant inclusion worries me. And I've grown to dislike him, something I don't really experience with our homegrown players. The dabs, the video on the bus and squad pictures where he normally has his tongue out holding an invisible phone annoy me.

If he was 4th-5th choice player, similar to Quinton Fortune, I'd probably have more time with him.

I'm hoping with a new manager and new signings, he will be dropped from the starting line up, but I suspect he could feature more under José than most of us anticipate.

JoaquinJoaquin

I would be less critical of him if he was seen as a squad player by the manager. But he's been ever present in our starting lineup since early last season so his constant inclusion worries me. And I've grown to dislike him, something I don't really experience with our homegrown players. The dabs, the video on the bus and squad pictures where he normally has his tongue out holding an invisible phone annoy me.

If he was 4th-5th choice player, similar to Quinton Fortune, I'd probably have more time with him.

I'm hoping with a new manager and new signings, he will be dropped from the starting line up, but I suspect he could feature more under José than most of us anticipate.
Good post. Pretty much summed all my feelings up there also.

I think initially he will, but someone so technically limited can only get games for so long. Then again I suppose Mikel was a mainstay for Jose so you could be right.

Von Mistelroum

Don't see the point in keeping him here. If he reaches his potential then he could potentially be a decent player for Everton or similar, but we should be aiming much higher.

Bojan11

Don't see the point in keeping him here. If he reaches his potential then he could potentially be a decent player for Everton or similar, but we should be aiming much higher.
I hope we sign another winger. Depay and Lingard as back up is underwhelming.

devips

Can the moaning wait till the season actually starts? It's only the first match of pre-season, guys! Cool down.

Ban

If we intend to sell both him and Memphis I guess we need another winger then.

Von Mistelroum

I hope we sign another winger. Depay and Lingard as back up is underwhelming.
Indeed. Memphis should be a good player, but there's something not working for him. He'll come good eventually though, just probably not here. Lingard is just an average player. I actually think Ashley Young is our best backup winger....

Mike09

Better opposition in this game. Wigan is more his level.
You do realise that the rest of the players were so poor today not only Lingard. Dortmund had the advantage in term of match fitness. People need to calm down. It's a pre season. When he plays well, people are hiding, when he's underperformed because of fitness people are shooting at him.

Robbie Boy

You do realise that the rest of the players were so poor today not only Lingard. Dortmund had the advantage in term of match fitness. People need to calm down. It's a pre season. When he plays well, people are hiding, when he's underperformed because of fitness people are shooting at him.
You do realise this is a Lingard thread? Other players have been criticised in their respective threads. Lingard was poor today, that's about it really. Others were too and if you pop into their threads, you will see that. Have a gander at Depay's thread.

Mike09

You do realise this is a Lingard thread? Other players have been criticised in their respective threads. Lingard was poor today, that's about it really. Others were too and if you pop into their threads, you will see that. Have a gander at Depay's thread.
So? I'm talking about Lingard on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.