5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajeev

I have my doubts whether a relegation team would even have Lingard in their team and we gave this lad a 100k contract because he's English and home grown.

Lentwood

I was shocked when Lingard started getting a run under van Gaal. Never saw much in him at all. Limited technically and I haven't looked but I bet his stats in terms of goals/assists are very poor

Simply put, not good enough. No more needs to be said. I would see if we can £20m for him in the summer which we should go given his age and nationality

AndyJ1985

To think we got rid of Welbeck and Nani and ended up with this turd. That's some proper poor management.

SirScholes

Maybe he will be a regular bonafide starter for us next season, who knows? All he needs to add is proper finishing to his repertoire.
and passing, and decision making, and dribbling and creativity and crossing, ball control, but yer thats all he needs and he is there

SirScholes

What makes it worse is that our current manager is indulging him further.
I try to convince myself that if he that those 2 around Lingard wouldn't even be near the bench, sadly we have limited wide players which allows him to steal a place

stevoc

I've never thought Lingard was good enough to be a starter for us, but i was still open minded that he could be a useful squad player.

But as a winger he just doesn't have enough attributes to play for a team like United even occasionally. He offers virtually nothing in an attacking sense. I don't care how much the lad makes, fair play to him for getting his contract.

But feck me when i think about it for £100k a week we could get a proper good winger in who would actually be useful to us.

AndyJ1985

Can we give him to Rooney as a leaving present? Two birds with one stone and all that.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Very frustrating

He breaks down so many attacks and just lacks the required quality

spwd

Keep him as back up but that's it, he shouldn't be starting this many games, throw enough shit at a wall and some will inevitably stick, he's got some important goals for us but so did Macheda.

stevoc

That should be it for Lingard this season. The next two games we have we should be playing Martial, Rashford, Mkhy and Mata in preparation for the final.

Djemba-Djemba

Keep him as back up but that's it, he shouldn't be starting this many games, throw enough shit at a wall and some will inevitably stick, he's got some important goals for us but so did Macheda.
I actually think he's playing badly even by his standards.

I don't think he's good enough anyway, but he's woefully out of form at the minute.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He pops up with a goal or an assist every four or five games and we can talk about this legendary movement off the ball but that's about all the positives i can think of.

Ixion

Started 11 of the last 13 games and came off the bench for the other two. Got one goal and no assists in that time which seems about right.

Devil may care

The whole point of a squad player is that you'd be happy to see them get a run of games should the need dictate. If they are not good enough then what's the point?
Agreed, I've been in the camp of saying he's fine as a squad player but once you see him start regularly you realize he's not, he just offers so little on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.