5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Melon

The lad is solid and has certainly turned from a squad player into our first team regular. His off the ball movement and link up play are very good. If we had a bit of more of attacking intensity at United, Jesse would have truly flourished. It will be easy for him to be on the same wavelength with his team-mates, rather than with good individual players who play for the same team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we make him available, how much do you think other clubs would pay?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we make him available, how much do you think other clubs would pay?
His value in the current market would probably be around 40m, but nobody would pay that for him really. He's a good player but not someone who would for sure start for any of the top 6, while the others couldn't really afford that for him? If shit happened and he had to be sold, he'd probably go for a bit under 40m is my guess, and to someone like Arsenal/Spurs (not as automatic starter) or Leicester/Everton (automatic starter).

R10Football

His value in the current market would probably be around 40m, but nobody would pay that for him really. He's a good player but not someone who would for sure start for any of the top 6, while the others couldn't really afford that for him? If shit happened and he had to be sold, he'd probably go for a bit under 40m is my guess, and to someone like Arsenal/Spurs (not as automatic starter) or Leicester/Everton (automatic starter).
Any team that pays near 40 million for Lingard, i will drive him to the airport myself. Dude is near 25 million. I dont know if any top club would ever want him, and Id put Spurs and Arsenal on that list. He's a level below, Southampton, West Ham, etc.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think Arsenal or Spurs won't spend around 40m for a non-starter. So it left with mid-table teams. I don't think for the position he plays optimum (no. 10), United should rely on a mid-table quality as regular player, don't you think so?

I wonder if fans of the City, Liverpool, Spurs, or even Arsenal would be thrilled to have Lingard as one of their regular attacker, as many of our fans are.

Last edited:

Swift Football

Yeh. That's a bit cheap for Muller-lite, and potentially one of the top attacker in the league, isn't it?
He is 25 already(if you have are still considering him youth by mistake) and on some 100/120k per week wages.
I do not know how you classify him as a top attacker in the league?! He is not even a top attacker in our team, let alone the whole league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Considering Everton paid £45m for Sigurdsson... anything's possible. Transfermarkt puts his value at 25m and rashford 50m, but we wouldn't accept that for either. That other player valuation site that gets referenced has lingard at 45m or so, with rashford at 80m or so.

It's weird though because some players it's hard to mark their value. Lingard definitely one. Very useful player, finally coming to age this season, playing in a dysfunctional attack but still mostly doing well, scores key goals but then has invisible games... hard to say.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Considering Everton paid £45m for Sigurdsson... anything's possible. Transfermarkt puts his value at 25m and rashford 50m, but we wouldn't accept that for either. That other player valuation site that gets referenced has lingard at 45m or so, with rashford at 80m or so.

It's weird though because some players it's hard to mark their value. Lingard definitely one. Very useful player, finally coming to age this season, playing in a dysfunctional attack but still mostly doing well, scores key goals but then has invisible games... hard to say.
It always depends on how much they are needed at their current club, and if their strengths are the team that wants to recruit thems weaknesses.

I'd pay more for KDB than I would for Neymar at the moment if I was in charge of United.

Hitchez

20 goals + assists for an attacking midfielder who hasn't always been first choice is very good going. 40m in the current market sounds about right especially when you add in the fact that he's English.

STYLOISRED

Funny people mention Lingard's age as a form of disadvantage. Look at his frame for God's sakes! Baring any serious injuries Jesse has the physique and nimbleness to play well into his 30s

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Any team that pays near 40 million for Lingard, i will drive him to the airport myself. Dude is near 25 million. I dont know if any top club would ever want him, and Id put Spurs and Arsenal on that list. He's a level below, Southampton, West Ham, etc.
Where have you been for the last 6 months? Lingard has been scoring bangers all season, 13 goals and 4 assists this season and is a big game player. Scored in a few finals for United as well.

No way does he go for £25m in this market. Oxlade Chamberlain went for £35m and Lingard is far better than him. Lingard would start for Arsenal, especially when Iwobi and Welbeck start quite regularly. He is better than Alli this season as well.

A regular starter for 2nd place in the league wouldn’t start for the teams below United?

Maybe it is because he is not a big name and people are remembering Jesse from last season and seasons prior.

Web of Bissaka

Player prices are getting crazy.

Hypothetically, we should use this season's performance (20 goals and assists) to bump up his price, and the Ox Chamberlain as the basis. Lingard's getting famous btw.
---Around £44m minimum should do it for this Summer.
Although I would wait after the World Cup to maybe boost his prices a bit more.
---If fine WC usual performance, £47m
----If good WC with goals and assists, £54-59m
-----If great WC Messe Lingod form one of the best players, :devil: £69-79m
--If a poor WC, £44m

Personally I won't sell him, he's useful, at least for now he still is.

FujiVice

Anyone seen the game show Pointless? For those who havent, the rules are, you have to guess an answer to a multiple choice question that nobody out of 100 people would have gotten.

The episode that has just finished on BBC1. The subject - 2016 FA Cup Final: Name a pointless answer from the players (including subs) who played in the final.

Jesse Lingard was a pointless answer. He scored the winner! More people said "Yannick Bolasie" than our Lingod. feck those people.

Walters_19_MuFc

Assuming we play a 4231 tomorrow, then he should start as our 10, in my opinion.

Actually, he bagged a couple against Swansea as a 10 in the Carabao Cup.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lingard is easily worth £40m+, especially since he wants to stay and is also wanted by the club due to being a good local player. Oxlade Chamberlain went for £35m and he wanted out of Arsenal badly enough that he declined a huge wage offer from Arsenal.

Kane, Sterling, Lingard should be the attack for England, but you know that the donkey Alli is going to be shoehorned in there.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Funny people mention Lingard's age as a form of disadvantage. Look at his frame for God's sakes! Baring any serious injuries Jesse has the physique and nimbleness to play well into his 30s
I don't understand how his age is a bad thing anyway, he's 25. Hitting his peak around now. We're seeing the best of him, these are the best moments you get to see of your academy players yet people are seeing this negatively?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Age is some sort of fetish on this forum. I said that based on merit Lingard should start ahead of Alli, and then someone said that you have to remember that Alli is still young. Well, unless we have a time machine that doesn't really matter.

Man Utd 2:0 Swansea

el3mel

Away from the assist, his final touch looked off for me, both passing and shooting, but he did his usual movement and running in spaces.

Kostur

海尔的老板
For me he pretty much was the best attacking player in the first half, lacked that goal/another assist (although he did participate directly in both goals) but his understanding with Lukaku is tremendous.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
My motm today. He linked up excellently I thought and that ball for Alexis was delightful.
We're simply a much better team when he plays.
I wish we could have kept attacking for the full ninty, Jesse would've got one for sure.

prateik

If he had his shooting boots on in the first half, that wouldve been a world class performance.

Hitchez

Sexy first half. Fizzled away in the 2nd one but is making himself undroppable right now.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Our forward play went to poop when he went off. He is a quality player!

SpyLuke10

Could easily have come away with at least a goal if his final shot was a bit better today but otherwise a very good performance. Very positively involved in build up play, much better at ball retention than Sanchez.

Bobski

We have tried so many players in that 10 role in recent years, most of them with a much higher profile than Lingard, but he has been the most effective of all them. It is the simplicity of his game that helps the team, technically gifted player who moves the ball quickly, has excellent movement and is rarely selfish, really helps the overall tempo of the game.

Developing into a fine player, we should not be moving him from that role to accommodate Sanchez/Pogba because frankly he is better than either of those 2 as a 10.

We need an rvn

Wasn' it fergie who told him he'd come good around 24, spot on as he often was.

He' starting to become a real asset to the club and happy for the lad as he's had to bide his time and graft to get what he's now producing

CG1010

He has become one of the most important players in the team, which is quite extraordinary given how he started the season. Today he was brilliant and our MOM by the end of first half.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Got to be in with a shout for being POTY alongside Matic and DDG, he's at the heart of all our best attacks at the moment, his energy is such a fantastic asset and his dribbling has come on leaps and bounds since last season.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Away from the assist, his final touch looked off for me, both passing and shooting, but he did his usual movement and running in spaces.
Created three big opportunities and unlucky with his shooting, he can do better. But even kept the ball better than the world class player like sanchez.. not sure if he can be criticised, our best attacking player

el3mel

Created three big opportunities and unlucky with his shooting, he can do better. But even kept the ball better than the world class player like sanchez.. not sure if he can be criticised, our best attacking player
He was definitely very good, but I felt his final touch could have been better today.

Status
Not open for further replies.