5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

This. He really should get more credit. He’s got the fight in him. Any other team in the prem would welcome him on the form he has shown this season.
If he was playing with city with those stats can you imagine the media?

Treble

Jesse has developed into a fine and very reliable player. Right now he isn't worse than sanchez or Mata. If anything, he is better.

Bobski

He may not be the most talented, but he makes the best out of what he has. There are many more talented players that fail to do this.
What does that mean though, Talented? He may not be the most flash and have obvious tricks, but he is technically very good, his ability to take the ball on the run or move it first time is of a very high level. Touch is excellent and he can finish. High level of technique indicates talent for me.

Swift Football

Except they didn't and he used various formations, especially in later years. I assume Fergie would love to have him as a player.
Rio had a long career and obviously he would have played in various fotmations, but it's more than safe to say our base formation was 4-4-2. In 4-4-2, there was no position for Lingard , maybe he would be one of those who would be in and out of the bench as 4th/5th choice in the bench.
I don't see Lingard starting ahead of park ji sung who himself was a sub mostly.

T A

Here we go again. 1 reflected assist, everybody loses their minds and forgets how invisible he was in last 4 matches. I bet he is going to disappear against City again, hope this doesnt cost us another Sevilla. 10 vs 11 MC players, i'm scary now, god bless us

el3mel

Here we go again. One reflected assist, everybody loses their minds and forget how invisible he was in last 4 matches. I bet he is going to disappear against City again, hope this doesnt cost us another Sevilla. 10 vs 11 MC players, i'm scary now, god bless us
If you're blaming him for what happened against Sevilla, it's your problem tbh.

Walters_19_MuFc

Only managed to watch the first half yesterday, and I felt Lingard was our best player.

Was a constant threat, popping up in between the lines and linking play. Just a constant menace.

CG1010

Here we go again. 1 reflected assist, everybody loses their minds and forgets how invisible he was in last 4 matches. I bet he is going to disappear against City again, hope this doesnt cost us another Sevilla. 10 vs 11 MC players, i'm scary now, god bless us
He is very cunning after all, continuing to score and assist regularly to trick people. Thank god you are there to remind everyone how shit he is.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Rio had a long career and obviously he would have played in various fotmations, but it's more than safe to say our base formation was 4-4-2. In 4-4-2, there was no position for Lingard , maybe he would be one of those who would be in and out of the bench as 4th/5th choice in the bench.
I don't see Lingard starting ahead of park ji sung who himself was a sub mostly.
He's no Welbeck or Cleverley, for sure.

Didn't think he would be a regular starter, but can see him as a very useful option from the bench.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think he should ever start if he isn't playing as a 10. Formation and system didn't suit him in the slightest today, definitely can't be a roaming winger. Won a few fouls but that's the only thing you could say for him today.

R10Football

Have to improve on him next year with a quality player. Think it will take us to the next level.

IrishRedDevil

Have to improve on him next year with a quality player. Think it will take us to the next level.
We need to play a 3 man midfield longterm to properly release Pogba and allow him to make those runs into the box. I think a 3 man midfield pushes Lingard out of the team, then we need to invest in a proper RW.

Walters_19_MuFc

Does struggle on the wing. Next season, I want to see him rotate with Pogba in the advanced 8 role. He is great at finding space and picking up dangerous positions.

T A

Told ya, exactly the same as my anticipation. Luckily Sanchez, Pogba and Sterling all came save us with rescue mission.

He is very cunning after all, continuing to score and assist regularly to trick people. Thank god you are there to remind everyone how shit he is.
Yeah my friend, just like what he did against Palace, Sevilla, Brighton and City this month ;) FFS your dear Jesse's ratio of uninvisibility is 1/5 matches and the game he saved his starting Xi spot is against poor Swansea with a reflected assist, dont you see how tricky he is??? Why cant you just accept the fact for a single fecking time???

What i find hilarious is i am being abused all the time because of telling the truth, even i always came with the clear stats in very polite way or even how beep he was against Pep's system in all previous matches. But it's okay Lingard FC, keep fooling yourself when your idol sinks our club

Kostov

Bad game by Jesse, felt he was the worst of a couple of bad performers and it surprised me to see Alexis taken out before him. It happens, especially against a team that presses so aggressively. Loved that he didn't shy away from duels and rubbed their noses in it, and Fernandinho is a twat.

AP88

Supports
Man City
I see him maximised as an impact player from the bench; I think he could become a goalscoring supersub.

Ramsey replacing him as the #10 in the default 4-2-3-1 would be a clear upgrade.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Told ya, exactly the same as my anticipation. Luckily Sanchez, Pogba and Sterling all came save us with rescue mission.

Yeah my friend, just like what he did against Palace, Sevilla, Brighton and City this month ;) FFS your dear Jesse's ratio of uninvisibility is 1/5 matches and the game he saved his starting Xi spot is against poor Swansea with a reflected assist, dont you see how tricky he is??? Why cant you just accept the fact for a single fecking time???

What i find hilarious is i am being abused all the time because of telling the truth, even i always came with the clear stats in very polite way or even how beep he was against Pep's system in all previous matches. But it's okay Lingard FC, keep fooling yourself when your idol sinks our club
What's a reflected assist? What's uninvisibility?

I dont think you want to bring stats into a conversation about Lingard's effectiveness. It won't end well. As for his performance today: it wasn't great, but then he's being asked to do a specific job in a position we know isn't his favoured. Unfortunately for Jesse his best football comes when he plays #10. Against top teams we play best in a 4-3-3 and Lingard is the one that inevitably has to make way.

Last edited:

Canagel

He is not a very good winger. We already knew this. Much better centrally but we can't do that if we're playing 3 in midfield to get the best out of Pogba. I don't think there is space for Lingard in a 4-3-3 formation. Sanchez yes but Lingard no. Actually both of them didn't play well in the 1st half and Mourinho explained this after the game. He said he needed the wingers to be more aggressive and come inside and give options for the midfielders. He also blamed our centre backs for not coming out with the ball and being nervous to do so.

T A

What's a deflected assist? What's uninvisibility?

I dont think you want to bring stats into a conversation about Lingard's effectiveness. It won't end well. As for his performance today: it wasn't great, but then he's being asked to do a specific job in a position we know isn't his favoured. Unfortunately for Jesse his best football comes when he plays #10. Against top teams we play best in a 4-3-3 and Lingard is the one that inevitably has to make way.
3:32. Dont tell my english teacher about those "reflected" assists i wrote above :D

cyberman

His movement allows Sanchez and Pogba to roam (more so Sanchez) without losing our shape.
Sterling was doing the same job for City

CG1010

First you express unhappiness at Lingard getting an assist in a game, and then you wait for another match where he doesn't get a goal or assist to respond to me. Mate, forget me being Lingard FC, its you who seems to be obsessed with him. And he wasn't that bad today, the way you make out.

Why don't you check out the actual stats on his goals+assist per minute and then get back to us. Seems like you should pay more attention in matches if you think he is invisible for 4 games in 5. And Lingard is "sinking" the football club when he is our second highest scorer of the season.:houllier: I'm sorry but I have no further time for your agenda & hate driven bullshit.

T A

First you express unhappiness at Lingard getting an assist in a game, and then you wait for another match where he doesn't get a goal or assist to respond to me. Mate, forget me being Lingard FC, its you who seems to be obsessed with him. And he wasn't that bad today, the way you make out.

Why don't you check out the actual stats on his goals+assist per minute and then get back to us. Seems like you should pay more attention in matches if you think he is invisible for 4 games in 5. And Lingard is "sinking" the football club when he is our second highest scorer of the season.:houllier: I'm sorry but I have no further time for your agenda & hate driven bullshit.
Nah it's not the first time i post here, if you check my posts in this thread, you'll see i rarely comment when Lingard had bad games. Because those matches are where he played with his nature, his true identity, i am not angry about this. I am only furious when he has his random lucky game to save his starting XI spot, just like the wonderful deflected assist he got against dying Swansea, then he could secure his place to affect our important derby last night.

Not everyone has all the time in the world to online forum and check notifications, especially after such a disappointed defeat the club suffered at CL. My anticipation became the fact proved i am not a fecking bastard who obsessed with abusing our player for fun whom some of you think i am, it means i have my opinion about Lingard for a reason.

If you still cant admit how bad he was in the last game then i have nothing to say. All the comments after derby have confirmed it, i see some are from Lingard's advocates, at least they were fair and brave enough to accept the truth. Even the manager publicly said that he was not happy with his performance, and he was not Sanchez who stood up and started producing after half time. But in the end maybe all the facts mean nothing with typical loyal blinding Lingard FC

T A

You’re furious when he has a good game? Jesus wept. :lol:
It means he will have his chances after that to causes more bad games and it affects my club. Why would i not be furious about this?

el3mel

Nah it's not the first time i post here, if you check my posts in this thread, you'll see i rarely comment when Lingard had bad games. Because those matches are where he played with his nature, his true identity, i am not angry about this. I am only furious when he has his random lucky game to save his starting XI spot, just like the wonderful deflected assist he got against dying Swansea, then he could secure his place to affect our important derby last night.

Not everyone has all the time in the world to online forum and check notifications, especially after such a disappointed defeat the club suffered at CL. My anticipation became the fact proved i am not a fecking bastard who obsessed with abusing our player for fun whom some of you think i am, it means i have my opinion about Lingard for a reason.

If you still cant admit how bad he was in the last game then i have nothing to say. All the comments after derby have confirmed it, i see some are from Lingard's advocates, at least they were fair and brave enough to accept the truth. Even the manager publicly said that he was not happy with his performance, and he was not Sanchez who stood up and started producing after half time. But in the end maybe all the facts mean nothing with typical loyal blinding Lingard FC
Sorry but this is by far one of the worst posts I have read here recently. Lingard has been good for most games for months now. His poor games are the ones who are actually not many.

T A

Sorry but this is by far one of the worst posts I have read here recently. Lingard has been good for most games for months now. His poor games are the ones who are actually not many.
Nah, luckily the forum has threadmarks function. You should take your time to look around Palace, Brighton, Sevilla threadmarks all in this month instead of making this useless comment.

Hating me is your problem but you cant just make things up to make people doubt my honesty. If just showed how fake you are mate :p

Status
Not open for further replies.