Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
Nah it's not the first time i post here, if you check my posts in this thread, you'll see i rarely comment when Lingard had bad games. Because those matches are where he played with his nature, his true identity, i am not angry about this. I am only furious when he has his random lucky game to save his starting XI spot, just like the wonderful deflected assist he got against dying Swansea, then he could secure his place to affect our important derby last night.

Not everyone has all the time in the world to online forum and check notifications, especially after such a disappointed defeat the club suffered at CL. My anticipation became the fact proved i am not a fecking bastard who obsessed with abusing our player for fun whom some of you think i am, it means i have my opinion about Lingard for a reason.

If you still cant admit how bad he was in the last game then i have nothing to say. All the comments after derby have confirmed it, i see some are from Lingard's advocates, at least they were fair and brave enough to accept the truth. Even the manager publicly said that he was not happy with his performance, and he was not Sanchez who stood up and started producing after half time. But in the end maybe all the facts mean nothing with typical loyal blinding Lingard FC
Terrible, terrible post. Opinions eh

el3mel

Nah, luckily the forum has threadmarks function. You should take your time to look around Palace, Brighton, Sevilla threadmarks all in this month instead of making this useless comment.

Hating me is your problem but you cant just make things up to make people doubt my honesty. If just showed how fake you are mate :p
Are you proving my point ? These are 3 games in about 3 months.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think he’s a very average player who I’m ok with as a squad player but not a starter especially not before Martial or Rashford.

el3mel

Palace on 5th, Sevilla 13th, Brighton 17th all in March. Seriously which team do you support?
And the previous 2-3 months ? You're deleting them from memory because they don't suit your agenda.

That question though. :lol::lol:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
His movement allows Sanchez and Pogba to roam (more so Sanchez) without losing our shape.
Sterling was doing the same job for City
But Sterling was finding him in goal scoring positions.
Jesse rarely did the same.
I want to see Jesse take the ball and run at defenders. It may not work all the time, but sometimes, defenders crap themselves and let him through.

cyberman

But Sterling was finding him in goal scoring positions.
Jesse rarely did the same.
I want to see Jesse take the ball and run at defenders. It may not work all the time, but sometimes, defenders crap themselves and let him through.
I meant throughout the season. Yesterday was a bit different due to City not having a number 9 but their movement and awareness of space allows KDB / Sanchez now (hopefully) freedom to drift along the lines without huge, gaping holes being left behind them.
They keep the structre of the formation intact.

CG1010

Think he’s a very average player who I’m ok with as a squad player but not a starter especially not before Martial or Rashford.
The thing is though Sanchez seems to be occupying the left attack position ahead of those two. And Lingard is usually playing #10 or RW where neither of the two fit properly. Its a conundrum for sure.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And the previous 2-3 months ? You're deleting them from memory because they don't suit your agenda.

And are you deleting the previous two seasons?

el3mel

And are you deleting the previous two seasons?
No. He has been average at best last 2 seasons but this season he has improved massively and put on several great performances with great goals so to return to say he's average based on 3 games in 3 months is pretty lame and absurd. I was one of his biggest critics but no shame in changing opinions when he proves otherwise.

stepic

He’s improved this season but is he a true starter for a title or CL challenging starting 11? I don’t think so.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
It was a very tough game for him, being played out of position. He can have a good game there but with more freedom which he didn't get against top opponent. Still seems more trusted than Rashford or Martial as he's defensively more solid and can help midfield better.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What "key role" Lingard was playing in those 3 goals?

And he's compared to Park because of those sprints? that's an insult to Park, who could even take an all-time great like Pirlo out in the two CL games.

T A

Nah. Time to end this story.

Stoke 15th Jan: fecking nothing
Burnley 20th Jan: fecking nothing
League One Yeovil 26th Jan: benched - brilliant solo in 89’ when the team already leaded 2-0 - save his starting spot for the next game
Spurs 31st March: fecking nothing in such an important game
Huddersfield 3rd Feb: keep fecking nothing
Newcastle 11th Feb: keep fecking nothing
Huddersfield 17th Feb: benched - we won comfortably
Chelsea 25th Feb: dropped - scored important goal as a sub - save his starting spot for the next game
Palace 5th March: fecking nothing
Liverpool 10th March: benched - we won comfortably
Sevilla 14th March: fecking nothing in such an important game
Brighton 17th March: keep fecking nothing
Swansea 31st March: a deflected assisst - save his starting spot for the next game
MC last Saturday: fecking nothing in such an important game

So the fascinating total of 2 goals and 1 deflected assist (2 of them from matches against the likes of Swansea and Yeovil) in 14 matches over 3 months. This is what i call 1/5 matches ratio of uninvisibility

edcunited1878

What "key role" Lingard was playing in those 3 goals?

And he's compared to Park because of those sprints? that's an insult to Park, who could even take an all-time great like Pirlo out in the two CL games.
First goal he was in the build up with Sanchez in the right and had good positioning in the box. Second goal was very good as he helped start the play in the center circle and occupied the center and left channel with his run, allowing Pogba to run off behind him. Jose created more space in the level behind Fernandinho after deploying Lukaku to the right with Jesse through the middle. The interchanging of Jesse and Sanchez, with Lukaku occupying a wider role (occupying the fullback and far posts) with Pogba making runs into the box from midfield really fecked up City and exposed them. And off the ball or in defense, Jesse was able to contribute to winning the ball back and being an immediate outlet in the center then moving up the pitch occupying good positions for himself and others.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers

League One Yeovil 26th Jan: benched - brilliant solo in 89’ when the team already leaded 2-0 - save his starting spot for the next game
Chelsea 25th Feb: dropped - scored important goal as a sub - save his starting spot for the next game
Swansea 31st March: a deflected assisst - save his starting spot for the next game

So the fascinating total of 2 goals and 1 deflected assist (2 of them from matches against the likes of Swansea and Yeovil) in 14 matches over 3 months. This is what i call 1/5 matches ratio of uninvisibility
okay chief, now give my Martial's Rashofrd's breakdown of contributions

T A

okay chief, now give my Martial's Rashofrd's breakdown of contributions
What do you want to know? Each of them had the total number of goals and assists better than Lingard's in that same period with 1/2 your dear Jesse's time on the pitch. Now you knew what damage your precious Lingard has done with our two best talented players.

People usually don't value the things they have until they lose them. Once Rashford/Martial is gone, you will look back and understand how much using Lingard had cost us
This is what i foresaw 5 months ago. Now one down, Rashford is soon to go if his place keeps being taken for nothing, happy Lingard FC?

el3mel

So your logic is, he doesn't score or assist = he did nothing ?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
. Now you knew what damage your precious Lingard has done with our two best talented players.

This is what i foresaw 5 months ago. Now one down, Rashford is soon to go if his place keeps being taken for nothing, happy Lingard FC?
What an absolute load of nonsense. If players are going to cry about not playing every week instead of fighting for their place then they are not deserving of playing for Man United. We need hungry players that want to work hard and not just expect to start.

Besides Martial and Rashford bot won’t leave, don’t believe everything you read.

What happens if Martial and Rashford do leave? We would have Mata Sanchez and Lingard as the only attacking midfielders. No matter who we sign, they cannot play every single week. Someone will always be a little bit unhappy at not starting games. Because 5 attacking midfielders (behind lukaku) can’t all start at the same time.

haram

14:00

Jesse booting something in the tunnel at half time of the City game :lol::devil:

Acole9

Outstanding
Although it was only one shot from distance, at least he tried it rather than the constant crossing into the box only for their defence to clear.

Silas

If he can improve his creative passing, he'll become a very good player. Gets into good positions all the time, but messes up the final pass a lot. Wasn't really impressed with him, but he had a key part in the opening goal.

Seems the most likely to start on the right against Spurs.

kundalini

He got his one key moment right, which is the single most important thing. Tried a number of through-balls that got cut-out; whether that was great defending or less than perfect passes, I couldn't tell.

Swift Football

His passes on the key moments when there could have been opening were poor. Also, some of his first touches were poor losing the ball.

Bwuk

Good assist but I think he’s very average when played out wide. Far better when playing through the middle.

haram

I dont think he is that good playing off the right but it was a nice assist.

T A

I’m fed up with this, against Bournemouth in a meaningless game? Seriously this local lad really knew how to secure his place with perfect timing. Now he’s gonna mess our only match left to fight up. Dont know where can we find a Sterling in Spur’s squad to save us on saturday

Verminator

I’m fed up with this, against Bournemouth in a meaningless game? Seriously this local lad really knew how to secure his place with perfect timing. Now he’s gonna mess our only match left to fight up. Dont know where can we find a Sterling in Spur’s squad to save us on saturday
Have you been overdosing on dickhead juice?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In the spirit of criticising the post rather than the poster, I'd like to criticise this post very harshly for having an absolute moron of an author.

el3mel

Think that proves you just have an agenda against him for whatever reason.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He had a pretty awful game, couldn't believe how at 1 point he went to challenge Cook, who just turned the opposite way and ran away from him with ease. Jesse didn't even bother to chase him? He ended up getting a dangerous FK on the edge of our box.

Nice assist and a good run, but apart from that i'm not surprised he got hooked off first.

T A

You can talk all you want but i was right about City match and i will be right again this Saturday. Nothing you can do to change the fact

Status
Not open for further replies.