5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Good one.
He’s a one in ten good game player and that’s no where near good enough for united or England.

Ooh but look at that off the ball movement.... ignore the fact he can’t control a ball or shoot from an easy chance. He runs really well when he doesn’t have the ball... give me a break!!

kundalini

Too much emphasis on trying to win a penalty and not enough on trying to score. On the replay the incident looked rather embarrassing.

haram

Being negative about our players again after that game. Miserable.

AR87

I don't want to jump on Lingard's back after the entire England team looked pretty uninspiring, but not sure how can that performance be described as anything different than poor.
I don't think he was great. I do think he did things that helped England control the match for large parts. I would guess he ran more than anybody on the team and sure that's not even close to everything, but his workrate was necessary and key in the midfield battle which I thought England controlled for the most part.

It would have been nice if he had been able to be more decisive in attacking areas for sure. But I thought him and Alli were restricted a bit more having to drop into midfield alongside Henderson out of possession and also get forward in attack to give Kane and Sterling support.

Dr. StrangeHate

I am surprised he didn't step up to take a penalty. He is a confidant person despite his performances.

vodrake

Being negative about our players again after that game. Miserable.
I fond it crazy that England win a dramatic game on penalties for the first time in forever and some people' first thought is "right I better rush to Redcafe and call Lingard shit"

3KDré

I thougt he was alright. His movement always creates space for others. Alli has been awful this summer, as has Sterling.

SerenityValley

So is he getting the hate here tonight lads?
Appears so. I think there might be a few people giving themselves a little tug about it.

I think he did ok - 6 out of 10. Certainly did better than sterling.

Dolf

Can't name many England players that played well tonight, except Young. Lingard wasn't that bad

El Zoido

Mediocre tonight, like almost every other England player. But definitely not the worst player in an England shirt.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was shite.
Although, he was good.
I thought he was decent.
He should stop dabbing.
And cut his hair.
And I don't like his social media...
He was great off the ball tho.

Am I doing this right???

cyberman

Came alive again when Vardy came on and made runs in behind to free up space.
This false 9 role doesn't seem to suit their front line.

Pace Abuser

He’s a one in ten good game player and that’s no where near good enough for united or England.

Ooh but look at that off the ball movement.... ignore the fact he can’t control a ball or shoot from an easy chance. He runs really well when he doesn’t have the ball... give me a break!!
Don't bother. Not on here. Let them talk about how rubbish Darmian is and brilliant Lingard is while scratching their "top red" heads wondering why we're no where near City. It won't hit them till Lingard is finally at Sunderland - soon.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He didn't really do a massive deal wrong tonight, he didn't have any guilt edge chances missed that I remember. He's a very good footballer and he's regularly selected for England and United because of that. Suggesting he should be at Sunderland is just poor bait.

haram

Don't bother. Not on here. Let them talk about how rubbish Darmian is and brilliant Lingard is while scratching their "top red" heads wondering why we're no where near City. It won't hit them till Lingard is finally at Sunderland - soon.
One of the worst posts I have read on here.

predator

Youth NITK
I agree with the general consensus on the Caf that he didn't do much tonight. I personally think he is mainly utilised by both Mourinho and Southgate because he is very energetic and a handful for anyone, plus he is a great finisher when he gets a clear cut opportunity. Other than that he is so average as a player when you compare him to others in the same position, at this level.

I support him fully as a United player and England international but realistically he is below par. I genuinely hope he proves me wrong but he isn't exactly a kid anymore.

An Irish Red

I agree with the general consensus on the Caf that he didn't do much tonight. I personally think he is mainly utilised by both Mourinho and Southgate because he is very energetic and a handful for anyone, plus he is a great finisher when he gets a clear cut opportunity. Other than that he is so average as a player when you compare him to others in the same position, at this level.

I support him fully as a United player and England international but realistically he is below par. I genuinely hope he proves me wrong but he isn't exactly a kid anymore.
This is my view on him as well. He's energetic and agile and he has a good short passing game (and scores a worldie every once in a while) but he doesn't have enough about him to be first choice.

I mean, City have De Bruyne and Spurs have Eriksen and neither of those clubs are elite. That's the sort of quality we should have, not Lingard.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Good sides need a mix of players with different attributes. There is a reason that diverse managers - first Van Gaal, then Mourinho, now Southgate for England - keep selecting him. He works hard and has a really good football iq, in that he understands movement, space, and how his movement can affect other things on the pitch. He doesn't have a lot of talent with the ball at his feet, and he'll always be a complementary player rather than a star man for that reason, but its a testament to his determination that he has come this far despite those limitations.

predator

Youth NITK
This is my view on him as well. He's energetic and agile and he has a good short passing game (and scores a worldie every once in a while) but he doesn't have enough about him to be first choice.

I mean, City have De Bruyne and Spurs have Eriksen and neither of those clubs are elite. That's the sort of quality we should have, not Lingard.
It's the harsh truth. Fair enough he found the net for us alot and at important times last season, but realistically and regrettably, he simply isn't on the same level as others his age who play for a clubs that proclaim to be the biggest in their respective countries.

He has pulled us at the shit at times recently so I guess he is worth keeping and playing regularly. That maybe says more about our current management than anything. I struggle to imagine how a Lingard can start for a team that is aiming to compete at the highest level.

I love his relationship with Pogba, Rashford etc and the fact he's a semi local lad. I just don't think he is a great player. If we put him 'on the market' tomorrow, so to speak, which big European club would be desperate to sign him?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Pretty typical Jesse performance - when all the other attackers are also struggling he does too. Hardly surprising. We saw a lot of that in the last few months of United's season. Kane aside, the other front players were pretty poor. Alli, Sterling and Jesse didn't actually create much at all, which is disappointing given their reputations.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's the harsh truth. Fair enough he found the net for us alot and at important times last season, but realistically and regrettably, he simply isn't on the same level as others his age who play for a clubs that proclaim to be the biggest in their respective countries.

He has pulled us at the shit at times recently so I guess he is worth keeping and playing regularly. That maybe says more about our current management than anything. I struggle to imagine how a Lingard can start for a team that is aiming to compete at the highest level.

I love his relationship with Pogba, Rashford etc and the fact he's a semi local lad. I just don't think he is a great player. If we put him 'on the market' tomorrow, so to speak, which big European club would be desperate to sign him?
For me this is exactly the Lingard situation. So we keep him as a squad player, and hopefully get someone playing in his position that is able to offer us more in terms of chances created and goals (I know he just had a good season, but let's aim a bit higher for a number 10-ish role).

AR87

For me this is exactly the Lingard situation. So we keep him as a squad player, and hopefully get someone playing in his position that is able to offer us more in terms of chances created and goals (I know he just had a good season, but let's aim a bit higher for a number 10-ish role).
Isn't this the majority opinion though? People wanted Mkhi to be that guy, but he sucked and Lingard took it from him. He also outplayed Mata last season. Other than that idk who else he'd be in competition for in the positions he was selected.

So, to me, the issue isn't Lingard's lack of quality, but rather that the guys who are supposed to be better than Lingard and relegating him to being a squad player haven't delivered. Mourinho must rectify that moving forward otherwise get ready to watch a ton of Lingard next season.

maniwin

Apart of his off the ball movement , He isn't actually good in anything else.

superdry

touched by a genius
Hasn't quite got the strength or the skill to be a top player.

UpWithRivers

I have never been sure about him and in fact suggested he should be sold. But how anyone can judge him badly in that game is beyond me. Yes England's attacking play was poor but that was a result if so many things. Firstly Columbia stifling play and playing for a draw. No English attackers played well except Kane and he never actually had many chances from open play. Its do hard to judge attackers in a game like that. See Ali, Sterling. What you would expect is hard work rate and putting himself in key areas. Which he did. Didn't come off but it happens. He had half chances that he missed. So did Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.