5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

He is an excellent supporting player in a good team system, with the ability to occasionally pull out moments of exceptional quality.

Tiber

I spent years thinking he wasn't good enough for our bench. Now he is in a world cup semi final

Fair fecks to him, I was very wrong

Walters_19_MuFc

Really good performance. Felt he grown into the game, and was given a lot more room when we scored the first.

Second half was excellent and managed to bag a nice assist.

cyberman

He is an excellent supporting player in a good team system, with the ability to occasionally pull out moments of exceptional quality.
Bit more than that. His movement dictates where Dele etc move and how the team shapes up.
Too much of the play goes through him to call him a supporting player imo

dbs235

Great performance. He's so important for England as he's the main link between the rest of the team and the attack.

Fer

He is having a good world cup, happy for him.
He plays way better in England system, than as a winger with us.

Bobski

Bit more than that. His movement dictates where Dele etc move and how the team shapes up.
Too much of the play goes through him to call him a supporting player imo
True, but I don't think he needs to be the obvious star to be tremendously effective and crucial to how the game flows for his team. So many people are tied up in goals/assists, one of the less pleasant aspects of the Messi and Ronaldo era, and have lost sight of how nuanced the game can be.

Lingard is highly effective, technically efficient player with a great understanding of game and above average athletic abilities, and a team player, most of all.

The Hilton

Monstrous performance today, constant running & pressing, found plenty of space and drove the team forward. I'd have him as MOTM ahead of Pickford.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
if we move him back to the right wing then there is something seriously wrong with our club

izec

He was good, if he could hit the target the few times he had the chances, he would cap of his performances with better numbers.

Irrational.

If he was a Spurs player, Levy would be demanding £75 million+ for him.

Delighted he's having an excellent tournament, probably England's best player behind Kane.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
World cup semi finalist.

He is having good world cup.

Prongsy

He was good. solid 7/10. Wasn't fuffing around like Alli/Sterling. Wish he had taken a shot or two. He was in some great moments, but like it was coded, he just went to trippier. But surely is easily one of the consistent tactical performer of the tournament.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
So happy for him, that game sealed a good WC individually so far and I hope he can be even better. Peach of a ball, first time, too.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Delighted he's having an excellent tournament, probably England's best player behind Kane.
Don't know about that, personally. For us, I'd have Kane, Trippier and Pickford as our 3 best. Then I think Stones and Maguire have both been good. Henderson's done his role superbly in the middle. Lingard's been the best out of himself, Sterling, Loftus-Cheek and Alli, though.
Is his key pass the assist as well? Or are they separate?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As it stands it should be Lingard, Pogba, Matic as our midfield next season. I'm sure Fred is great but Lingard is priceless.
He's genuinely one of our best players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lingard covered 12 kms against Sweden, that's more than anyone in England team. Next best is Trippier with 10.7 kms.

Lingard is always best or second best in distance covered. He also made 42 sprints, best is Sterling with 46.

His work rate is immense.

Lam

Absolutely right. As fans we sometimes get to focus more on our own players' limitations (similar for other clubs). A Leicester fan will probably tell 500 things wrong with HM. If Lingard was playing for some other team, we'd be saying he should play for City or Barca to get the best out of him.

AngliaRed

His fitness in the final 3rd of the game is what is impressing me the most. Immense determination and effort from him. Glad he’s having a good World cup!

shield

He is looking quite good. If he had not already been playing for United, I would have claimed that he is the a player top clubs might seem interested in.

Makes me glad to see how well many or our players, who are considered average and underperforming, are playing in this WC. Lingard, Young, Pogba, Fellaini even Lindelof.

haram

Funny how players like Lingard, Fellaini, Pogba and Lukaku are some of the most criticised players and they’re actually showing up for their country on the biggest stage...

togg

I've been so impressed with him. His energy and the runs this guy makes to create space, make himself available has been terrific. I think this tournament is going to mature him tremendously which is obviously good news for United. I really hope he starts to get the support he deserves because there is little argument that he has been a divisive player at United.

Litch

Funny how players like Lingard, Fellaini, Pogba and Lukaku are some of the most criticised players and they’re actually showing up for their country on the biggest stage...
Good point.

Dante

Average bang
He's never going to be a prolific goalscorer or assister. But his presence on the pitch makes it easier for his teammates to find the space to score themselves.

The Ronaldo/Messi era has turned football analysis on its head in this decade. Back when Zidane or Figo were the best players in the world, their numbers weren't the only things used to judge them. The current generation of football fan has lost the ability to gauge those nuances, it seems. For a lot of people, it's like nothing else beyond statistics matter when assessing an attacking player.

Lingard's a top class player in the ways that footballers appreciate more than armchair fans. Absolutely vital to the way both Mourinho and Southgate set up their teams.

cathari

Do you mean it is us fans, and not them??

Status
Not open for further replies.