4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Sir Alex certainly wouldn’t have tolerated that video from last week. It’s so ill advised. I honestly think that since he’s been given his 100k a week he doesn’t care anymore. This is a real chance for Ole to stamp his authority and it doesn’t have to be done publicly. He definitely needs to have ‘a chat’ with Jesse and remind him that he’s representing this football club and is a role model, at the least.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well they're all first team players at United so surely they should all be held to the same standard? If we're serous about getting back to the top then we can't afford any passengers and out of our first team attackers, Lingard has quite easily contributed the least. So the lack of scrutiny in the press is unfair to me. I don't really care how much the players cost, what they do on the pitch is most important.
All of this is completely irrelevant to the point you made. You claim to not understand why people are expecting more from a player we broke the PL record to sign than an academy graduate. If you’re serious about that, either you’re being deliberately disingenuous or thick.

kerryman

AND THEY MADE SUCH A BLOODY RACKET, WHILE I WAS TRYING TO DO THE DAILY MAIL CROSSWORD!!!

Lingard behaviour represents everything that is wrong with our club.

He is a bang average footballer that is acting like a world beater. He is a grown man and has a big influence over our kids. He is one of the poorest role models I have seen in any sport I follow. If Ole has any balls he makes an example of him and gets rid asap. Players like Lingard is a big reason why we are in this mess. Very unprofessional and living in their own bubble.

Exactly this, any team in which bang average players like this are starting a lot of games is going to struggle. I don't know why we've kept him so long and pay him so much.
If he was on the market what teams would actually want him? I doubt any top half team would. He also wouldn't earn anything near what United are paying him.
He's one of the luckiest players in the EPL, earning a lot more than some players who are miles better than he is. Get rid.

OL29

All of this is completely irrelevant to the point you made. You claim to not understand why people are expecting more from a player we broke the PL record to sign than an academy graduate. If you’re serious about that, either you’re being deliberately disingenuous or thick.
You're being very pedantic but I guess I should have said I disagree rather than I don't understand. I'm sure you got the point but whatever, I know you're one of those who gets his knickers in a twist over the slightest bit of criticism of the homegrown lads so maybe I shouldn't have engaged in this conversation.

Eriku

This forum is packed with pearl-clutching twats. You people think you can infer anything about the work he puts into being a pro footballer from some stupid snippets posted on Snapchat?

Get a grip, people.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This forum is packed with pearl-clutching twats. You people think you can infer anything about the work he puts into being a pro footballer from some stupid snippets posted on Snapchat?

Get a grip, people.
He likely does put the work in, but unfortunately he seems to garner more publicity than his talent deserves. Why does he think anybody wants to buy an average footballers clothing range, that he has to put videos out. To keep him in the public eye because if he didn't we would soon forget him as a footballer. The point being he is a not very good footballer, who gets far too much money and it could soon be more and shouldn't be playing for United. Is that Jesse's fault, not really, he is more the epitome of what is wrong with United. They reward average.

Lemansky

AND THEY MADE SUCH A BLOODY RACKET, WHILE I WAS TRYING TO DO THE DAILY MAIL CROSSWORD!!!

Maybe my criticism was over the top but the general feeling I have still stands.

Our club is in a mess atm. These players need to act accordingly. They are well payed people who represents the club both on and off the pitch.

I am Norwegian btw, don’t read the Daily Mail but know that this type of behaviour won’t go past Ole at all. He will dislike this video as much as me, maybe more.

Leif GW

I don't like any of our players at this point in time. There are som whom I can live with, like Mata, Lindelof, McTominay, Smalling and a couple of others. But the rest could just go away and I wouldn't care one bit. Sick of all the clowns.

The White Pele

Whilst it’s all just a bit of inoffensive nonsense, I definitely do feel that some of this stuff is indicative of someone who lacks the elite mentality that should be required to be a first team player for Manchester United.

That’s a worry for me. Although I really do rate him as a player he is someone who should have to perform to the absolute limit of his potential to survive at United. I don’t get the impression that that’s his mindset.

I do wonder if cutting him loose might be the best course for the club and would make a clear statement to the rest of the squad on expectation levels.

It would be a massive wake up call for Lingard too.

We'll See Out There!

Whilst it’s all just a bit of inoffensive nonsense, I definitely do feel that some of this stuff is indicative of someone who lacks the elite mentality that should be required to be a first team player for Manchester United.

That’s a worry for me. Although I really do rate him as a player he is someone who should have to perform to the absolute limit of his potential to survive at United. I don’t get the impression that that’s his mindset.

I do wonder if cutting him loose might be the best course for the club and would make a clear statement to the rest of the squad on expectation levels.

This. He has to be canned in order to get the right mentality back into the United dressing room. As stated above his talent would suggest that he must be at his peek to be even considered a squad player at best.

If he is sold you wont see many video uploads or such like from him, not because he's had a massive wake-up being sold but rather no one will give a shit about him anymore. The only thing that keeps his profile up is he is a Manchester United player, no United no party guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bwuk

He likely does put the work in, but unfortunately he seems to garner more publicity than his talent deserves. Why does he think anybody wants to buy an average footballers clothing range, that he has to put videos out. To keep him in the public eye because if he didn't we would soon forget him as a footballer. The point being he is a not very good footballer, who gets far too much money and it could soon be more and shouldn't be playing for United. Is that Jesse's fault, not really, he is more the epitome of what is wrong with United. They reward average.
Some people might like his clothes?

I have no idea who the major owner of adidas is, and if he's any good at his job, but I've got plenty of his clothes.

You wouldn't soon forget him as a footballer if he stopped putting videos out. I don't rate him, but he's a regular for Manchester United and England. He's not a league 2 nobody.

Acquire Me

Maybe my criticism was over the top but the general feeling I have still stands.

Our club is in a mess atm. These players need to act accordingly. They are well payed people who represents the club both on and off the pitch.

I am Norwegian btw, don’t read the Daily Mail but know that this type of behaviour won’t go past Ole at all. He will dislike this video as much as me, maybe more.
I will be amazed if that video will change anything at all. Ole is a grown man and he knows that everyone on the team are young adults. The only thing that might happen here is a word with Jesse. He should think about what to share and what to not share. That said, it’s no big deal that video. Pro or not, his a young guy and his having some fun with his mates.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Some people might like his clothes?

I have no idea who the major owner of adidas is, and if he's any good at his job, but I've got plenty of his clothes.

You wouldn't soon forget him as a footballer if he stopped putting videos out. I don't rate him, but he's a regular for Manchester United and England. He's not a league 2 nobody.
He's a regular for England just because he plays for United just like he's in our squad because he's an academy graduate and a "local lad". He knows he has the local lad card and will get away with practically anything in the press because of his nationality as he didn't get any criticsm doing nearly nothing in the last 4 years bar that final goal at Wembley. Do you think he gets a call from England if he played for the likes of Burnley? He had no chance in the future anyway with Sterling and Sancho being two of the best attackers in the world in his position. His quality is closer to a league 2 player than these two.

Bwuk

He's a regular for England just because he plays for United just like he's in our squad because he's an academy graduate and a "local lad". He knows he has the local lad card and will get away with practically anything in the press because of his nationality as he didn't get any criticsm doing nearly nothing in the last 4 years bar that final goal at Wembley. Do you think he gets a call from England if he played for the likes of Burnley? He had no chance in the future anyway with Sterling and Sancho being two of the best attackers in the world in his position. His quality is closer to a league 2 player than these two.
Clueless.

Despite being regulars for United, I don’t see Smalling, Jones, Young or Shaw in the England squad, do you?

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Clueless.

Despite being regulars for United, I don’t see Smalling, Jones, Young or Shaw in the England squad, do you?
This is quite funny because all the names you come up with are playing/played (more than Lingard did) for England at some point. Did you even watch the World Cup last year? Try to get a clue instead of being a Lingard apologist before calling someone clueless.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Somehow i feel there is an Ecosystem which defends Lingard till death. Its like he pays them for this.
His stats are well know but has anyone come across ONE and i mean One article in the media which questions his performance on the pitch?

I myself haven't seen one. The amount of Stick Pogba gets is unreal both on the Forum and from the Media. However Jesse lingard gets a free pass from the media. Simply because he is English.

Then there is the brood on Redcafe who i am sure are secret lovers of Jesse. Everytime someone points out what a shit game and had with zero impact out in the game they come telling us :

He makes great runs mate.
Works his ass off
Not his fault he is playing in the wrong position
He has had a bad game but he is just a squad player
Its Pogba's fault
Tactics are wrong we should play a different formation to get best out of Jesse
You just hate him because you cant stand his social media antics
its a media propaganda
Two Words : Ashley Young

And the list goes on. They would do everything to defend him like how an extremist defends his religion. The truth however stares right in the face. JLings is just an ordinary footballer and currently represents everything that is wrong with our Beloved club. He is drowning in his own hype and we do not even have characters who cant tell him about it.

Don't get me wrong i am not talking about his social media posts, those are cringeworthy anyways and have their own place and time. But what does he do on the pitch?

is he a leader : No
Is he a creator : No
is he a scorer : No
Is he a possession player : No
Is he a winger : No
Is he a midfielder : No
Is he a Number 10 : No
is he a 9.5 /8/6/ : No

What is Jesse? What does he bring to the table ? I can still stand everything if he at least showed some passion on the field. But Jesse as a player is just a coward. Always taking the easy option of passing back from where he got the ball and not even attempting the hard pass. Add to all this Rashford is slowly moving into the same Zone. If i were Ole i would sell Lingard. Rather give Andreas playing time than this Moron. But i know that wont happen and we have to keep watching this shit show humiliate the club time and again.

P.S: I would love it if anyone posts one Article where someone has called out his onfield performances.
Take it you don't rate him.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
People need to look about the big picture with Lingard. He is a shit footballer, has shit stats, bellend of a person and certainly shouldnt be at this club anymore. Ole and our shitty club management have no clue what they're doing so that gives these guys a place (and a huge wage) at this club. The problems run deeper than just this silly video
Bit of news for you, you don't last 20 years at Old Trafford if you are a shit footballer.

Andersonson

Stop talking nonesense. If you're going to debate, atleast make sensible points.

Giggsyking

Manchild or not. He should be fecked off the team now. We sold Welback the local lad who is a mediocre player but miles better than this Jlingz thing.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Some of the hate him and Rashford are getting is absolutely disgusting, yeah sure we’ve had a bad season and Lingard isn’t good enough to be a starter here but feck sake man people need there heads checked if a 26 year old guy enjoying life gets them this wound up.

People saying him singing and dancing reflects badly on the club so we should sell him, you do realise you support the club who stood by a man who assaulted a fan ffs, and stood by a defender who missed a fecking drugs test, or does it not matter because they happen to be very good players?
Ah ok, so Jesse Lingard saying beans on Twitter is deeply embarrassing and worth being sold over because he’s average. But Eric Cantona (who I loved btw) Kung Fu kicks a Crystal Palace fan and it Doesn’t?
His royal majesty King Eric did not assault a crystal palace fan, he dished out some karmic vengeance out to a racist convicted armed robber, how was shouting vile abuse about The royal mother. Honour thy father and mother and kick racism out of football, he was doing a public service not assaulting a fan.

jem

I agree (although I don't really rate him.) His antics are harmless, but they are the antics you might tolerate from an immature child, someone in their teens or perhaps early 20s (ie. Rashford.) But Lingard is much older than that (and there is quite a difference between being 21 and 27.)

Winrar

Who cares about his antics... he’s still young and learning, give him some time to mature.

putting spoilers for above comment just in case people don’t get the sarcasm

In a more serious note, I do not see a future for Lingard at this club. Highly unlikely to improve given he’s 26 years old already, but more importantly does not have the discipline to improve himself and/or perform at the top level.

Sooner he goes, the better.

Last edited:

Reddy Rederson

Let Lingard enjoy his sense of fashion, footballers are free spirits
In ancient rome, a general of a great battle would parade the streets after a victory. Hed be in a chariot adorned with gold and ivory. Hed be wearing a red or purple toga and would have his face painted red like that of mars. Hed have a procession of his troops, prisoners and the finest examples of the spoils of war. A band would march behind him and he would be celebrated by the crowds like he was a god himself. Behind him, there would be a slave. And the slave would whisper "Memento mori" over and over again into the generals ear. "Remember, you will die.". The purpose was to keep the generals grounded in reality. They werent gods, only men, no different to that of anyone else.

I think some modern footballers could do with a bit that. Pay some guy to to follow them around and whisper into their ear. "You look like an arsehole wearing that".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.