Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Biggest iq in squad, by far. When i read comments during match, people are pissed on sanchez, martial and rashford. Because they always try something what attacking player should do. When they fail in that, people trash them. Journos trash them. Martial goes to bench in next 5 games.
Lingard is clever boy. "If i don't try i can't feck up. If i don't feck up, coach will be happy and i will play. Fans will not attack me. Plus i am local lad"

Forward who doesn't do anything except run and plays one-twos. Can't dribble, can't cross, not so quick, not so good goal scorer. Plays with zero risk. Wtf he is doing in first 11 of manchester united?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Biggest iq in squad, by far. When i read comments during match, people are pissed on sanchez, martial and rashford. Because they always try something what attacking player should do. When they fail in that, people trash them. Journos trash them. Martial goes to bench in next 5 games.
Lingard is clever boy. "If i don't try i can't feck up. If i don't feck up, coach will be happy and i will play. Fans will not attack me. Plus i am local lad"

Forward who doesn't do anything except run and plays one-twos. Can't dribble, can't cross, not so quick, not so good goal scorer. Plays with zero risk. Wtf he is doing in first 11 of manchester united?
Did you miss the bit where he put a perfect cross on to Pogba's head point blank and Foster pulled off a wonder save then?

He didn't have a great game yesterday but there've been many worse performances for Manchester United over the years.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Did you miss the bit where he put a perfect cross on to Pogba's head point blank and Foster pulled off a wonder save then?

He didn't have a great game yesterday but there've been many worse performances for Manchester United over the years.
Your post( both parts) tells everything what i am talking about him in last few years. That phrase "remember when lingard did this or that"? People still remember how he opened space by his "clever running" for player x who passed to player y who then scored a goal. He is forward in first 11 of man utd. Is one or two good moves in whole game enough for first 11 attacker? I think not.
Also bolded part. That is exactly what i wrote in previous post. He is never worst player. Because he plays with zero risk. Nemanja matic on defensive midfielder has more dribble moves and direct passes than lingard.

3KDré

Rather him than Mata. He played brilliantly last season at Watford so that probably played a part in his selection.

crossy1686

career ending
Rather him than Mata. He played brilliantly last season at Watford so that probably played a part in his selection.
To be honest, I never thought he would but he's turning into one of our most important players. Think last season and the world cup has given him confidence and self belief to become a great player.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Your posts are just a mess sometimes. What on Earth is that first paragraph about?

meamth

Your posts are just a mess sometimes. What on Earth is that first paragraph about?
It means why Lingard got so much praise in sarcastic way.

To be honest many of his runs were better than Sanchez and Lukaku. Sometimes he made the perfect movement but his teammates just couldn't read him. He demands that fast and quick interplay but we just not up for it yet. Patience and we can see the best of Lingard.

A clear starter for me.

He's so frustrating. He makes all the right runs, gets into all the right positions and is a headache for opposition defenders, but when he gets the ball hes just not very good with it.

Litch

He's so frustrating. He makes all the right runs, gets into all the right positions and is a headache for opposition defenders, but when he gets the ball hes just not very good with it.
Agree. Neither scores or creates enough. We have too many like him that just haven't moved onto the next level and when you look at it, not many have improved enough or added to their game. To me too many are still immature football wise and it's hard to think Lingard is 25/26 as he plays like he's Rashfords age. In the past, we seen irrespective of their ability, a maturity to Becks, Giggs, Butt, Nevs game as they got older into their mid 20's. There are some here that just haven't grown up and I fear Pogs will be similar too....

meamth

Agree. Neither scores or creates enough. We have too many like him that just haven't moved onto the next level and when you look at it, not many have improved enough or added to their game. To me too many are still immature football wise and it's hard to think Lingard is 25/26 as he plays like he's Rashfords age. In the past, we seen irrespective of their ability, a maturity to Becks, Giggs, Butt, Nevs game as they got older into their mid 20's. There are some here that just haven't grown up and I fear Pogs will be similar too....
I tend to disagree. Lingard is the most improved United player since class of 92. He looks matured now, and he will prove all of you wrong. He will be a proper United starter this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That doesn't make sense.
Ok, i think that it is all clear in that post, but to clarify. It is not sarcasm( and i don't know why anybody think that). Lingard is not getting harsh treatment like other attackers do because he doesn't do much in the game. And as in life, if you don't try, you can't do it wrong. Fans will trash alexis because he lose lots of balls when he tries to do something. Lingard will not do that. If pass is not clear, he plays simple pass to nearest player. He will not try to beat a player like martial or rashford do. So after game, it will always be how lingard was ok.

Carolina Red

Staff
Ok, i think that it is all clear in that post, but to clarify. It is not sarcasm( and i don't know why anybody think that). Lingard is not getting harsh treatment like other attackers do because he doesn't do much in the game. And as in life, if you don't try, you can't do it wrong. Fans will trash alexis because he lose lots of balls when he tries to do something. Lingard will not do that. If pass is not clear, he plays simple pass to nearest player. He will not try to beat a player like martial or rashford do. So after game, it will always be how lingard was ok.
Is it that hard to consistently capitalize names?

You should work on that before criticizing Lingard.

ivaldo

Not harsh treatment? He was literally called "invisible" and "rubbish" on the previous page of this thread. He is more of a percentage player than Sanchez or Rashford, which is fine, but to say he doesn't try anything in fear of criticism is just abaolute nonsense.

ivaldo

Is it that hard to consistently capitalize names?

You should work on that before criticizing Lingard.
If he doesn't make the effort with his username, he isn't going to do it for his posts.

meamth

So he doesn't try and Mourinho is a bellend for playing players without effort.

Why should he even try to be a footballer then? If he got no guts then why did he make it as a pro?

Johan07

Personally I would like to see Jesse moved down a bit in the field. He does not see enough of the ball as the inverted RW as he is being used now. Play Pogba and Jesse in front of Matic or Fella would be my punt, but Mourinho will probably disagree.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
An obvious area for improvement in our first team, but I’d rather him than Mata. That said, he’ll be replaced in both the United and England XI within a year.

Kostov

People will moan about how we are not good enough in attack, yet want a player like Lingard starting in our front 3. Liverpool have a player like Salah playing there, City have Sterling, we have Lingard. One of the reasons why we come nowhere near their attacking play is down to the quality of said players, combine that with how shit our other wing is at the moment, than God helps us, we will be lucky to score 60 goals this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Your post( both parts) tells everything what i am talking about him in last few years. That phrase "remember when lingard did this or that"? People still remember how he opened space by his "clever running" for player x who passed to player y who then scored a goal. He is forward in first 11 of man utd. Is one or two good moves in whole game enough for first 11 attacker? I think not.
Also bolded part. That is exactly what i wrote in previous post. He is never worst player. Because he plays with zero risk. Nemanja matic on defensive midfielder has more dribble moves and direct passes than lingard.
You just said he can't cross and used a game as evidence where he put in a great cross for what looked like a nailed on goal...I'm just suggesting maybe logic isn't your strong suit.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
We can see why Mou plays him, Lingard makes some great runs and looks lively and involved. Unfortunately for the team, Lingard can't do much with the ball if he has to take more than 2 touches. He is unable to run with the ball into an empty space either. He is a limited player, and by limited, I mean very limited. He can make some runs that find him in the box with the ball, but he does not have enough quality to make good use of it on a regular basis. To add to his technical deficiencies, he also is not that good of an athlete, not too pacey not too strong. He is just meh all around.
He is not a United starter. He tries and maybe does what the manager asks of him, but I feel he is one of the reasons why we are so poor in the final third.
I don't want to see Mata play there. I don't think Martial has done anything to deserve a promotion from the bench, but I would much rather see an half-arsed Martial play on the right. than a talentless Lingard.
I think Mou should try Perreira on the right. I want Perreira to have a career through the middle, but he is not getting games as a CM and he has experience of playing on the wings. Maybe he should be tried, I know he will be able to cross well.

SteveW

He's fecking rapid, has Ji Sung Park energy levels and spent most of last season banging in screamers.

But now he's apparently not quick anymore and doesn't do anything. Classic cafe

JoaquinJoaquin

Will have a good game in 1 or 2 of the next games and then 5 poor ones. Rinse and repeat. That is the Lingard cycle.

Kostov

You just said he can't cross and used a game as evidence where he put in a great cross for what looked like a nailed on goal...I'm just suggesting maybe logic isn't your strong suit.
Does a single good cross in a game of football make a player good crosser? Or does that make a good game for a player in the final 3 who is supposed to create an attack?

He's fecking rapid, has Ji Sung Park energy levels and spent most of last season banging in screamers.

Rapid? Rashford is rapid, Lingard isn't particularly rapid, and he scored 2 goals in the PL since the turn of the year, one of which came on January the 1st.

UncleBob

Thank god for hyperbole.

Still don't think people understand what type of player Lingard is. Quite a few (most?), especially in here, were surprised that Lingard was being mentioned as a better alternative than Mkhi, when he dislodged him as the first choice it more or less coincided with Lingard playing his best football ever, generally delivering mint performances and goals. I have a feeling that the same people are now some of his biggest fans in here, but they still don't understand him so it'll take some time until they understand when he's not playing well...

The Ji Sung Park reference isn't too bad, but not in terms of energy levels, more in terms of you'll generally always get a decent performance from him, but he'll rarely stand out. I think he's more of a purpose player that should be used depending on who we are playing. Important player to keep, but i'd be surprised if he's a long term first choice player in the starting lineup.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I can't agree with the comparison with Park.
Yes, the role they play in the team are kinda similar. Park did more to help out the midfield and defense though.
Park was technically way more superior than Lingard. You give Park time on the ball or 2-3 touches, and Park would add some value to the play or create a chance. When Lingard gets some time with the ball, he ends up falling over or giving the ball away cheaply. This is down to the technical ability, Park was leaps and bounds ahead of Lingard in that regard.

Web of Bissaka

Is it a coincidence his inconsistent form is due to playing as right winger? even if it's a false winger role and he have the free licence to roam centrally.
Valencia is getting a lot easier to be handled with on our right, so opposing team will defend more inwards when Lingard drift inside. Having that right winger on the touchline can stretch the defense creating more space in the middle.

Appreciate the good efforts like always, but honestly his attacking performances and patterns of attacks on the right wing area are so unconvincing.

I can be wrong, but pretty sure Lingod happened when he's playing as CAM, behind Lukaku, majority of the games on his top form. 2nd half of last season is when his form starts to dip ever since the change in formation.

SSSSnake

Would be nice for him to get a goal. He's getting in good positions so we wont have to wait long i'm sure.

Web of Bissaka

I can't agree with the comparison with Park.
Yes, the role they play in the team are kinda similar. Park did more to help out the midfield and defense though.
Park was technically way more superior than Lingard. You give Park time on the ball or 2-3 touches, and Park would add some value to the play or create a chance. When Lingard gets some time with the ball, he ends up falling over or giving the ball away cheaply. This is down to the technical ability, Park was leaps and bounds ahead of Lingard in that regard.
Agree mostly, but I felt it's not a bad comparison though. Let's just say Lingard is lower level.. if we insist on comparing him to Park.

But for me, both of them are still a different types of player.
Similarity.
-Full effort. Up and down. Team play. Constant movement off the ball. Driving runs. Carry ball upwards. Constant pressing. Not top class but okay crossing. Chip in goals. Follow tactical instructions.
Differences.
-Lingard have a devilisih side in his play in getting fouls and making tactical fouls, while Park tend to clean tackle and constant press without much fouls. Lingard is much better centrally, while Park is so good everywhere, right, left and centre. Lingard have a good technique in shooting outside of box, while Park will simply put in the ball many more times to the back of the net, inside or outside box without too much fancy shots. Defensively, Park is that good, a lot better. Inside the box, Park is much better, scoring instincts. Park is much better in play making, those creating chances passes (one touch or combo) are a beaut. Park is also able to synchronise with different kind of players much better (RVN, Rooney, Tevez, Evra, etc), which I notice Lingard doesn't seem to have much capability.

Basically...
Park is overall better and provides the team with much more wider ammunitions.

Johan07

Would like to see Matic upcoming absence leading to Lingard dropping back alongside Pogba and Fellaini.
Its his best position IMO.
Doubtful if that midfield offers enough for Mourinho defensively though.

ForestRGoinUp

Like Adam Lallana before him, he’s having a nice little run in an underperforming Big Club. This has lead to a nice little run in the England side too. Ultimately not quite silky enough or strong enough to keep that position ahead of the class replacements brought in.

Our problem is that none of Sanchez, Martial, Mata, Rashford nor Lingard are world class. Maybe none of them are even the level below that. Would be nice to have one winger like that.

SteveW

I said he had Park like energy levels ie stamina. Nothing else. And people start discussing it as if I claimed they were the same player....

Also he did actually score some excellent goals last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.