4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

Funny he mentions 'fanboy policing' when he does quite a bit of that in the Fellaini thread.
Go get a room you two. I don't give a single feck about Fellaini, and I hope he leaves as soon as possible. If you get your heads out of Jesse's ass you might come with something better.

Kostov

Bit suspect that you dont like Lingard but have the most posts in here... @Kostov
Since you fecking love to dig old posts I'm not gonna risk it with you pal. :lol:

I asked in the thread for the players tribune article about Jesse, someone who knows his story better, was he completely raised by his grandpa and grandmother? Does he have a mother and father?

Andersons Dietician

Then why would he start for England if he isn't good enough? It's not like England doesn't have better options.

Coaches see more from Lingard than we ever could.
Because Oxlade who was starting ahead of him got injured. Who are these other better options for his position in that England squad?

Loublaze

ATLien
Go get a room you two. I don't give a single feck about Fellaini, and I hope he leaves as soon as possible. If you get your heads out of Jesse's ass you might come with something better.
You dont give a single fvck about Fellaini yet you have several posts in his thread bemoaning the criticism he gets and even consider him a talented player. Man please.

Mags

His last game was definitely one of the best I've seen him play. The thing with Lingard is that he has the best off the ball movement in the squad while transitioning into attack. You him frequently dropping into great positions in the gaps, only to be ignored because someone wants to pass sideways or backwards (probably still traumatized from the LVG days), although less frequently ignored now with OGS. My issue with him is when he gets the ball how often he loses control, but those occasions are getting rarer now. Hope he continues to progress, although I would prefer Sanchez to start ahead of him the next game.

Mcking

We have struggled in the three games he has not started under Ole - Newcastle, Reading and Burnley. Did well when he came on.

Bobski

His energy and movement makes it easier for everyone else to perform, keeps the tempo high, rarely takes too many touches.

A lot of people get annoyed by his juvenile off field persona but everything about his game is selfless, team orientated and mature.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's obvious when he isn't playing, the pressing and energy isn't the same. We need another option for the right wing obviously, because Lingard won't be able to play every game.
He did well tonight though when he came on.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yup, we missed him tonight. Was good when he came on, good movement and got the penalty.

Irwin99

If we're gonna play at a high intensity he's a must. Must be knackered though.

Adamsk7

He’s so sharp. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves but always shows up when we need him. Without him, we lose a lot of the quick press on opponents in their half and we lose someone to make dynamic runs. He might not be the best individual player but I think he’s a brilliant team player.

Think if it’s wasnt already, tonight made it very obvious that our best front three are Lingard, Rashford and Martial. I’d love to see that three develop together.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We missed his movement and quick play. It's obvious why he is rated by so many managers.

haram

Everyone plays better with Lingard. Lukaku, Rashford, Mata just to name 3 players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oi, give this man some love you wankers.

Brilliant when he came on I thought.
No show without Punch.
We usually struggle without him.
We have struggled in the three games he has not started under Ole - Newcastle, Reading and Burnley. Did well when he came on.
His energy and movement makes it easier for everyone else to perform, keeps the tempo high, rarely takes too many touches.

A lot of people get annoyed by his juvenile off field persona but everything about his game is selfless, team orientated and mature.
Glad I’m not the only one who sees this. Almost every single time we’ve played cohesive attacking football since Fergie retired Jesse has been on the pitch. This isn’t a coincidence. Yet still this place is full of chumps writing him off as not good enough.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Spot on, I hope he gets the credit he deserves from the wider fan base soon, we're noticeably a better team when he plays. He's a great supporting forward, I'd argue he's our most intelligent player.

Member 39557

Spot on, I hope he gets the credit he deserves from the wider fan base soon, we're noticeably a better team when he plays. He's a great supporting forward, I'd argue he's our most intelligent player.
We look a worse team under the new regime without the pace and movement of Jesse, Rashford and Tony. Lukaku doesn't have the same sort of movement, and it seems to take him 5-10 yards longer to accelerate. Sanchez could possibly adapt, albeit not as quick as the aforementioned trio and Mata isn't anywhere near quick enough.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We look a worse team under the new regime without the pace and movement of Jesse, Rashford and Tony. Lukaku doesn't have the same sort of movement, and it seems to take him 5-10 yards longer to accelerate. Sanchez could possibly adapt, albeit not as quick as the aforementioned trio and Mata isn't anywhere near quick enough.
Couldn't agree more, the mobility they offer us is really important for creating chances, last night all we did was aimlessly cross it to Lukaku and Burnley were dealing with it easily all night, when the trio mentioned start together the ball is played on the ground way more making it more difficult to defend.

ravi2

I dont think Mata and Lukaku should start together, the forward line looks so static with those two on the pitch. I feel if Lingard had started it might have been a different result.

Member 39557

I dont think Mata and Lukaku should start together, the forward line looks so static with those two on the pitch. I feel if Lingard had started it might have been a different result.
Yes, If Ole sticks around, I can see us trying to invest in some more pacy players to fill in when we have to rest the likes of lingard etc.

Edit: Unless we decide Chong is ready to step up.

ravi2

Yes, If Ole sticks around, I can see us trying to invest in some more pacy players to fill in when we have to rest the likes of lingard etc.

Edit: Unless we decide Chong is ready to step up.
If we had a genuine RW to play on the right we would be so much more dangerous. With Young and Mata there is very little service coming from the right. Hopefully this is something Ole can correct in the summer. If we are going to challenge for titles again , the entire right side needs to be looked at imo.

Member 39557

If we had a genuine RW to play on the right we would be so much more dangerous. With Young and Mata there is very little service coming from the right. Hopefully this is something Ole can correct in the summer. If we are going to challenge for titles again , the entire right side needs to be looked at imo.
If we use fullbacks for the width/crosses then they might leave it and see how Dalot develops and phase him in at the expense of young.

Water Melon

Mata on the right does not work, absence of Martial made both our flanks extremely predictable. Jesse should have started. He is an absolute must if the team needs lacks pace.

ravi2

If we use fullbacks for the width/crosses then they might leave it and see how Dalot develops and phase him in at the expense of young.
The issue is Shaw doesnt produce enough offensively and if Dalot isnt ready then a RB who is ready to go should be acquired during the summer . If a proper RW is bought then perhaps that does not need to occur

Verminator

I've been saying this for ages. I'm happy with our front line, barring Sanchez and Lukaku.
A quality rwb should be our priority, and Dalot being able to cover either side, should allow him to develop.

Canagel

Those two have been bench players for a reason. Their days at the club are numbered if Ole stays.

ravi2

Those two have been bench players for a reason. Their days at the club are numbered if Ole stays.
I am ok with them coming off the bench but I am hoping Ole has seen the light and will not start them together again.

MAME DIOUF 32

Mata on the right does not work, absence of Martial made both our flanks extremely predictable. Jesse should have started. He is an absolute must if the team needs lacks pace.
He can't play every match with the intensity he does. It's a squad game and we should be able to let him occasionally put his feet up.

haram

Remember last year when we also went 2-0 down to Burnley... then Lingard came on.

Fridge chutney

Ole is a big fan of Jesse. You can see why. He made us much better when he came on.

Some are really showing their lack of football understanding in this thread by the bile they spew about him.

Patrick08

Only if he can improve his output in the box, he will be a complete player. Using him as a false 9 in two games was a master stroke as well.

Mcking

Only if he can improve his output in the box, he will be a complete player. Using him as a false 9 in two games was a master stroke as well.
I think he is much better through the middle. The only time he's consistently got to play there, he had the best period of his career. His best performances has come while playing there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.