4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

He epitomizes the mediocrity that’s shrieking from the club. Acting the big star he thinks he is, while being a bang average football player.

Devil may care

I've always felt he's a squad player and not a starter, especially on the RW where all he really offers is workrate, he only comes alive as an attacking threat when he plays as a sort of AM that can play quick give-and-go's in the final 3rd.

Strats

Want him gone.

He had a good run of games last season, which he deserves credit for. But enough is enough, he is way too average to be playing for Man United.

Stadjer

Squad player who should only start in a team of game winning players.. not in a team with only one actual world class outfield player. He could have had a squadspot (O'Shea/Park role) in one of Fergie his great teams as a homegrown and not too expensive player but he shouldnt be a 100k a week starter for Manchester United. He just doesnt have the talent for that.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's still usable as a squad player.

Though he shouldn't start consistently.

I don't know if it's me, but I don't think he's working as hard as before either.

Bojan11

I don't know if it's me, but I don't think he's working as hard as before either.
He's not even running in behind.

Mata made more runs in behind than him.

vangagal

Squad player who should only start in a team of game winning players.. not in a team with only one actual world class outfield player. He could have had a squadspot (O'Shea/Park role) in one of Fergie his great teams as a homegrown and not too expensive player but he shouldnt be a 100k a week starter for Manchester United. He just doesnt have the talent for that.
Park had more talent than Lingard ever is. He would thrown out like Drinkwater under Fergie.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Usable for what? In attack either you are good or you are not. He is not

drdoityourself

We give up all width on the right to fit him into the side. And what for? He's not creating, certainly not scoring. Just criminal that this RW position hasn't been addressed. Didn't even have to cost a whole lot just to get a player who can at least offer something there. Adama Traore for instance, for all his flaws is miles more dangerous.

ZAGREB RED

He was the worst of United's front three today, that is quite some achievement, but obviously in a very negative way. Lukaku and Sanchez were poor, very much so, but Lingard was simply anonymous.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maybe he should get Smalling's awesome hairdo to get better. If it works for other, it may work for him.

Seij

Which top European team would have Jesse Lingard be an automatic starter whenever he's fit?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's rubbish. He offers very little to attack; doesn't score or create enough. But the next time he scores it won't stop certain people from acting smug and pretending he's suddenly a great player.
Any other top European team would have shown him the door a long time ago. Why do we persist with these mediocre players and expect things to magically change?
@An Irish Red nailed it. We are just too sentimental.
Some players like Zaha and Depay never got true chance, Martial is in and out but with "our" players we will be patient season after season. I don't know how people can't understand that Lingard is average player. And in club like Man Utd you can't afford to have that kind of players in the club. It is common opinion here how he is good for rotation. What does that mean? Rotation players also play games. Lots of games. So you are either good or not for specific club. He is not good. I will be thread banned maybe for this hate towards Lingard but this is becoming ridiculous stuff with him. Against Wolves we had attacker who didn't even try do beat his man. We had attacker who played all balls to nearest player. Well that kind of player i can find in Ipswich or Leeds.
Lingard is the main reason why we suck in attack. Because he doesn't do nothing. For all of you who will criticize me, look at PL teams and ask yourselves; in what teams he will be starter? And in what top 6 clubs he will be even on the bench?

Minimalist

I like Lingard as a person.

But I can't remember the last time I was impressed with his performance. It's been a long time.

King Andow

Calm down guys, he has good movement and is a local lad. Who cares if he's bad at football?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Somebody during the match day thread said that he has not scored in 17 matches.
If this is true, it is truly shocking: a MUFC attacker having gone 17 matches without scoring is unacceptable.

Somebody during the match day thread said that he has not scored in 17 matches.
If this is true, it is truly shocking: a MUFC attacker having gone 17 matches without scoring is unacceptable.
I honestly cant remember the last goal Sanchez,Lingard and Rashford scored.
Stating the obvious but our attack must offer more.

Litch

Another bloody frustrating Utd player and we have far too many. He's either really good or really poor, and nothing in between. Frustrating as hell cause know fecking idea which one is gonna turn up....

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
he was quite lively in the first half, didn't produce anything though of importance. Play Lukaku on the right Sanchez through the middle and Martial on the left. Jesse should play CAM/no10 he's playing a RW like Smalling plays RB, can do a job occasionally but most often than not it's underwhelming/average

he was quite lively in the first half, didn't produce anything though of importance. Play Lukaku on the right Sanchez through the middle and Martial on the left. Jesse should play CAM/no10 he's playing a RW like Smalling plays RB, can do a job occasionally but most often than not it's underwhelming/average
I'm sorry but what does that mean?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Another bloody frustrating Utd player and we have far too many. He's either really good or really poor, and nothing in between. Frustrating as hell cause know fecking idea which one is gonna turn up....
It is one big myth. He had one really good run last season and except that he was at this current level.

JoaquinJoaquin

The good one hasn't turned up for a good amount of time now. Needs put back on the bench where he belongs.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
First team wingers in PL( in clubs who play 433)
Salah, Mane, Shaqiri
Sane, Mahrez, Silva, Sterling
Hazard, Willian, Pedro
Son, Lamela, Moura
Mikhi, Iwobi, Auba
Walcot, Deulofeu
Vietto, Schurrle
Townsend, Zaha
Redmond, Ings
Costa, Neves ,Traore( i guess)
Arnautovic, Anderson

In this 11 clubs, first team player of mighty Manchester United would not be in first 11. Fulham and West Ham have better wingers ffs. In our direct rivals he would not be on the bench. But hey, he is local lad who runs a lot and has great movement. Other clubs don't know what they are missing here.
And sad part is that we sold Zaha, Januzaj and Depay, Rashford and Martial are warming the bench but Lingard stays and plays. So pissed about that.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's never been good enough off the wing. The problem is we don't have anyone else who is good enough either, so it becomes who is the least bad. Mata has been completely anonymous for the last 6 months, playing Rashford there leads us to having no movement and no link between the midfield and the attackers, and Martial has always been poor when on the right. Sanchez doesn't get played there and based on what we've been seeing of him on his preferred left he'd be even worse on the right. The only other options are unlikely ones - moving Lukaku over to the right or trying Pereira there.

Lingard is almost getting that spot by default at the moment. Even though he isn't particularly good there, he is an improvement over the other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.