4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Invisible tonight, just doesn't offer enough on the ball in games like this.

He's another, like Rashford, who is far too inconsistent. Nothing more than a bang average PL player.

The difference being Jesse is 26, consistency should be there by that age.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Invisible tonight, just doesn't offer enough on the ball in games like this.

The difference being Jesse is 26, consistency should be there by that age.
Exactly people forget this. Rashford’s ceiling is sky high. Lingard’s ceiling, was hit in Nov 2017, he’s a waste of a shirt and squad number.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was very poor today. He didn’t look sharp enough, lack of match fitness.

Champagne Football

Lingard is just back from injury. Martial too. Players always need 1 poor game to get up to speed. I had a feeling Lingard and Martial would be poor today, similar to how Matic was against Arsenal after being out for a couple of weeks also.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lingard and Martial end up being our 2 best players in the next couple of games.

AndyJ1985

He'll go 10 games without doing anything remotely useful. Then as soon as he scores a goal people will run here and remind us how amazing he is.

Web of Bissaka

Love his energy, but what the heck is up with his positioning.

Ole did nothing to control his positioning. He's way too deep and drift to the left wide for far too much. Our left is already too congested.

Should focus on exploiting the #10, stay away from the left, focus on the centre. And give more passes to Dalot.

Disappointing clueless performance.

el3mel

Love his energy, but what the heck is up with his positioning.

Ole did nothing to control his positioning. He's way too deep and drift to the left wide for far too much. Our left is already too congested.

Should focus on exploiting the #10, stay away from the left, focus on the centre. And give more passes to Dalot.

Disappointing clueless performance.
Him and Mata does this all the time when they play. It's one of the biggest reasons we are one-sided and our right side is non existent.

Not getting a right winger next summer gonna be criminal.

L1nk

This forum definitely makes me laugh, everyone can't get enough calling him Jesse LinGOD when he manages to score a couple goals in a couple games, despite the fact I've said on here time and time again he's bang average, but no when he's not playing we apparently miss his movement, his runs, his everything. The reality is, we don't, J Lingz is just not a good player, all good players need to be consistent, he does nothing for multiple games in a row, then he'll score a goal, suddenly he's amazing, then 5 games of sod all, then a goal, oh suddenly amazing again. The guys 26 and should already be playing great at a consistent level but he's never been great in any season of club football has he, he just acts like a big player and relishes his "influencer" status outside the game whilst having none of the required skill, nor has he done absolutely anything in the game to warrant any of it really. Should be plying his trade at a mid to low table club.

Too many players like Lingard giving energy and doing a job, not enough players that are actually good in this team, that's the bottom line, but nobody wants to move on from it, everyone wants to keep bang average players around for the squad and then complain when we are crap or don't sign any more, same thing happened with Fellaini.

ash_86

Absolutely not United level. I'm worried he gets to play 70 mins when he's been hardly involved in the game. Came out only after going goal down. He is good with pressing which he or we as a whole weren't doing today . So what good does a player like lingard serve

el3mel

Looking at his numbers, the lad scored 29 goals in 160 games for us! For a forward that's absolutely shocking stuff. Also about 17 assists or something in the same period! For a forward!

Didn't Welbeck have 29 goals in 140 or something games for us as well? I remember some were also persisting with him being useful due to his movement and injury before finally giving up when he was sold.

El Zoido

Sometimes he’s amazing, most of the time he’s not. I’m not sure he’s at the level we need.

RedDevil5

Sorry but this lad is not good enough for us to be a first team option. Decent squad option, but first team CAM/CF or RW? No chance.

Canagel

his positioning is confusing. why does he vacate his duties on the right? it congests the middle and stops us from stretching teams. at least martial was keeping his width on the left.

mewnew11

Sorry but this lad is not good enough for us to be a first team option. Decent squad option, but first team CAM/CF or RW? No chance.
The myth that he is a decent squad option should also die. He doesn't add anything to the team. No goals no assists no leadership. The more he is in the squad the more are we denying chances to kids like greenwood.

haram

his positioning is confusing. why does he vacate his duties on the right? it congests the middle and stops us from stretching teams. at least martial was keeping his width on the left.
Maybe because management tell him to do that and because he’s not a winger.

The myth that he is a decent squad option should also die. He doesn't add anything to the team. No goals no assists no leadership. The more he is in the squad the more are we denying chances to kids like greenwood.
Complete horseshit.

mewnew11

Maybe because management tell him to do that and because he’s not a winger.
I don't think the management is as stupid as you though. Tell me this? He is not a winger , agreed ?. Is he a number 10 ? no. Is he an attacking mid? no. Is he a false 9 ?no. Is he a playmaker? No.

The stupidity of telling the whole world that he is not a winger and then seeing Jesse drifting in centre and stinking things up pretty much sums up the delusion and blind bias. If he is stinking up the right you can understand and tell the world he is not a right winger. He screws up when playing centre most of the time.

Complete horseshit.
You know your food . I am impressed

Abhinav

Was going through his stats and they are terrible for a Man Ud forward. 5 goals in 29 games puts a lot of pressure on the midfield to be ultra productive. Especially as neither Martial, Rashford or even Lukaku are 25/30 goal players at this point.

haram

What a terrible post that resulted in you having to personally attack me. Not even getting a response, you clearly know very little about football.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This forum definitely makes me laugh, everyone can't get enough calling him Jesse LinGOD when he manages to score a couple goals in a couple games, despite the fact I've said on here time and time again he's bang average, but no when he's not playing we apparently miss his movement, his runs, his everything. The reality is, we don't, J Lingz is just not a good player, all good players need to be consistent, he does nothing for multiple games in a row, then he'll score a goal, suddenly he's amazing, then 5 games of sod all, then a goal, oh suddenly amazing again. The guys 26 and should already be playing great at a consistent level but he's never been great in any season of club football has he, he just acts like a big player and relishes his "influencer" status outside the game whilst having none of the required skill, nor has he done absolutely anything in the game to warrant any of it really. Should be plying his trade at a mid to low table club.

Too many players like Lingard giving energy and doing a job, not enough players that are actually good in this team, that's the bottom line, but nobody wants to move on from it, everyone wants to keep bang average players around for the squad and then complain when we are crap or don't sign any more, same thing happened with Fellaini.
Because those things are always done in exageration or tongue-in-cheek. He has his use but there is no way he should be starting for us if we're aspiring to be a seriously competitive club.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He just came back from injury, wasn’t great but neither was anyone else. He’s a very good player.

Rajma

He just came back from injury, wasn’t great but neither was anyone else. He’s a very good player.
Without the ball and against possession based teams. However, he’s very limited and easy to shrug off the ball when we have most of the possession and are asked to dominate because he can’t beat or turn a player from standing position to save his life, we can’t afford such passengers in the team. He can’t also unlock the defences as he’s not a creative player either so what does he actually bring to the table when we have most of the ball against well drilled sides?

Rajma

Because those things are always done in exageration or tongue-in-cheek. He has his use but there is no way he should be starting for us if we're aspiring to be a seriously competitive club.
The only games he may be starting are the ones where we’re going to have little possession and trying to counter the opposition.

Verminator

If we are throwing players on the fire for last night, then Herrera and Martial are on it too. That's just the ones whose first game after injury was this match.
Lindelof, Rashford, Dalot and Matic don't even have that as an excuse.
We need to stop throwing recent recoverees straight into the team. It killed us against Arsenal too.

steakpie

Imo he is a symbol of our mediocrity in the last 5 years. A good player but not United level.

Last edited by a moderator:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If we are throwing players on the fire for last night, then Herrera and Martial are on it too. That's just the ones whose first game after injury was this match.
Lindelof, Rashford, Dalot and Matic don't even have that as an excuse.
We need to stop throwing recent recoverees straight into the team. It killed us against Arsenal too.
Specially Matic, it didn't work in September when he was thrown straight back into the first team and we lost to Spurs 0-3.
The only games he may be starting are the ones where we’re going to have little possession and trying to counter the opposition.
All I know is that he shouldn't start, it's hard to pinpoint what he's actually good at.

Kostov

Lingard is just back from injury. Martial too. Players always need 1 poor game to get up to speed. I had a feeling Lingard and Martial would be poor today, similar to how Matic was against Arsenal after being out for a couple of weeks also.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lingard and Martial end up being our 2 best players in the next couple of games.
Why would you put Lingard and Martial in the same basket? While Martial wasn't even close to being good, actually offered something, Lingard in contrast was invisible and by far the worst player on the pitch.

That play where he got the ball in the corner and Bolly pressed him, Lingard shat his pants and threw it out over the line was absolute atrocious for a Manchester United attacker. Then he has the cheek to ask for something.

Ashley R1+O

Doesn't look fit at all. Rock and a hard place, get games for fitness or no fitness. Not much you can do really.

An Irish Red

Mahrez, Salah, Messi, Bale, Mbappe, Dybala... that's the sort of right-forwards that our rivals have. All of whom are levels above Lingard.

He's squad player quality, and even then that's largely because his workrate is useful. He's not good enough to be a first choice forward at a club of this size.

Litch

Wait, superb? After that Cardiff game he has one goal and one assist. In 11 games. For attacking player that is awful.
More to football than that and I'm in no doubt contributed to to our unturn in performances

-Supreme-

Wait, superb? After that Cardiff game he has one goal and one assist. In 11 games. For attacking player that is awful.
I'm not surprised seeing those comments keep popping up every time when a player is injured and we lose a game.

Lingard is a squad player at best, we can't afford to give him as much game time as we have given him to date if we want to challenge for the league next season.

Andy_Cole

Lingard is the first player the fans look to attack when he has a bad performance. A shame because I’m a big fan. Hopefully he can win people over as I think he’s very useful for us.

Litch

Mahrez, Salah, Messi, Bale, Mbappe, Dybala... that's the sort of right-forwards that our rivals have. All of whom are levels above Lingard.

He's squad player quality, and even then that's largely because his workrate is useful. He's not good enough to be a first choice forward at a club of this size.
Rivals....we have a way to go to attract those type of players.

Untd55

Certainly not good enough to be in the first team and I am questioning whether he is even good enough to be a squad player.

He hasn't played well in a game since December against the relegation fodder. He has been completely ineffective and forgettable.

He is 26 and still inconsistent; has no defined role in the team (What is he? A winger? An attacking midfielder? A busy body?); lacks the ability to make a difference.

We definitely won't be winning anything next year if he is still in the first team next year.

ForestRGoinUp

Certainly not good enough to be in the first team and I am questioning whether he is even good enough to be a squad player.

He hasn't played well in a game since December against the relegation fodder. He has been completely ineffective and forgettable.

He is 26 and still inconsistent; has no defined role in the team (What is he? A winger? An attacking midfielder? A busy body?); lacks the ability to make a difference.

We definitely won't be winning anything next year if he is still in the first team next year.
I would expect (hope for) his role to fade over the next couple of seasons just as Lallana’s has at Pool. He’s good enough to get significant time as we’re constructed now, but on a team challenging on major fronts like Liverpool, he’d barely get games.

Status
Not open for further replies.