4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

He might be in poor form at the moment, but so is every other attacker in the squad. Clearly he’s not a right winger and has never played well there.
So what is he? He’s not a number 10 because he creates feck all.

Devil may care

Nice assist and I thought he was going to seize the chance he was given in his preferred role off the striker, but he was a non factor after the assist, can't believe there was someone in here say he was as good as Griezmann.

Dan_F

So what is he? He’s not a number 10 because he creates feck all.
Literally assisted Mata’s goal tonight. If he was the only one playing poorly I’d agree, but Sanchez, Rashford, Martial all play badly in this team. Clearly it’s a bigger issue than quality of player.

JoaquinJoaquin

Literally assisted Mata’s goal tonight. If he was the only one playing poorly I’d agree, but Sanchez, Rashford, Martial all play badly in this team. Clearly it’s a bigger issue than quality of player.
He hasn't scored in 18 games and has been poor in every game this season pretty much. Jose has alot to be blamed for tactically when it comes to our forwards, but Lingard just isn't good enough consistently.

Dan_F

He hasn't scored in 18 games and has been poor in every game this season pretty much. Jose has alot to be blamed for tactically when it comes to our forwards, but Lingard just isn't good enough consistently.
Hard to play in a broken system. I agree he’s probably a bit inconsistent, but even Sanchez cant play one good game for 90 minutes at the moment.

AndyJ1985

Jesse fecking Lingard is a first choice winger for Manchester United. Good lord

Sylar

I think hes better in the 'bigger' games than against teams he needs to create (cos he gets the space to work in those games).

Saying that he wasnt good today despite the smart assist.

Alabaster Codify7

Midtable player. A quite good personification of our problems. Which top teams starting side would he get near?hmmmmm. Ill wait.

-Supreme-

His output and end product can not be justified in the offensive position he operates, one of our many problems in our attacking play.

Asger

Rubbish. He has shown he is good enough to play for a mid table team in the Premiership.
Were? Just for England. Iceland should have more pl players after euros and WC if Lingard is pl level!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Was disappointed with his attitude tonight. Said early on he was a cert to get a booking as he kicked the ball away at every opportunity and petulantly blocked every free kick for the opposition. Grow up, lad. There’s an art to shithousery and you don’t have it.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
18 games without a goal?

For an attacking Utd player, that would have been unthinkable in the recent past.
I'd love to know what other top teams that only have 3 up front can carry those kind of numbers. Just not good enough.

Djemba-Djemba

I'd love to know what other top teams that only have 3 up front can carry those kind of numbers. Just not good enough.
We've got Lingard who's gone 18 games without a goal, Martial who only last week scored his first goal since January, Rashford who I think has scored as many times for England in 2018 as he has Utd, Sanchez who's been fecking shit and has scored 2/3 since January and now Lukaku who is missing one or two huge chances every single game.

I't's no wonder we're such a fecking mess.

el3mel

Became obvious it was just a purple patch last season. Now back to what he has always been.

Last edited:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
If Fergie was still manager he would've been sold years ago.

Kostov

He is this era's Tom Cleverley. Everyone without the red specs blinds on would have told you he is an average at best player. I fully expected last night for him to score a goal, and then follow up 20 games without contributing anything bar running and movement, and top reds to tell us how he is a local lad, and this and that. Ultimately, it's not the guy's fault, it Mourinho's. He shouldn't be starting for us, he should be fazed out and replaced by more talented players in the future, while finding his level at Watford or something.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I thought he did decently well, played the #10 role and shifted the ball around in attack quite well. Whether Mata would be much more impactful in that free role with Matic and Herrera for insurance is an entirely different debate. Mata has an instinct for goal that Lingard doesn't have.

Solskj20er

I can't believe people have been comparing Lingard with Park...he is nowhere close to Park...Park was big game player...lingard is honestly really average...we're playing a squad player as the second striker...we need to get Rashford and Martial playing in the same team...to me Rashford needs to improve his decision making...i just feel like he shoots when he's suppose to be passing...Martial atleast makes better decision when it comes to passing and shooting...i just wish Rashford would go back to how played he's first season where he knew when to pass/shoot...it's like someone from the coaching team told him to be more greedy with ball and it really has affected his game

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs dropping. Try Sanchez as the AMC with Martial left please.

Ashley R1+O

I had the displeasure of having to watch the game again with a friend of mine and he was an absolute beast in the first half. I'd start him against West Ham over Pogba in that attacking midfield role with Fellaini and Matic behind him. Herrera and Pogba haven't cemented the role and unless you play Lingard on the wing I think he's showed some serious tactical promise against Derby.

SSSSnake

Doesn't seem to be hitting the form from last season. Personally I think that's mainly down to the imbalance of the current squad.

UncleBob

I had the displeasure of having to watch the game again with a friend of mine and he was an absolute beast in the first half. I'd start him against West Ham over Pogba in that attacking midfield role with Fellaini and Matic behind him. Herrera and Pogba haven't cemented the role and unless you play Lingard on the wing I think he's showed some serious tactical promise against Derby.
What ?

Aloysius's Back 3

Doesn't seem to be hitting the form from last season. Personally I think that's mainly down to the imbalance of the current squad.
He has had most his games playing as a RW this season. A lot of the Jose fans was telling us that Lingard had improved under him when likewise 'we told them' that it was just because Lingard was playing in his best natural position as a AM/SS that stays behind the striker.

Likewise players like Martial, Sanchez & Rashford have been playing so many varied roles & only a very few games in the best position.

Lingard will get form once he gets a few games at AM /SS again - not the RW he never was.

Status
Not open for further replies.