4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Nothing wrong with those comments people. He is not going to slate him in public is he and should not? Ups and downs would suggest he has been bad. He played well against Spurs and City. Then has had 3 poor starts after that and not doing well as a sub either.

Could have maybe mentioned that he has struggled with scoring goals and that is something you would work with and stuff like that though.

Paul_Scholes18

He should start 0 matches, and yes the times he missed either he was sick/injured or he miss a one game after he play a shit game and come back the match after. Why the feck he is even at the club? he is a fecking disgrace with his 0 goals and 0 assists.
You should know he started and played fairly well in our three biggest wins and performances this season in the league. Spurs, Chelsea and City. It was certainly far from a result of him being amazing, but he did a good job in those games.
Don't think you should base everything on stats. It is about the team scoring goals. With that said some of the chances that Lingard has missed has been shocking recently. The miss against Watford the first that comes to mind.

Giggsyking

You should know he started and played fairly well in our three biggest wins and performances this season in the league. Spurs, Chelsea and City. It was certainly far from a result of him being amazing, but he did a good job in those games.
Don't think you should base everything on stats. It is about the team scoring goals. With that said some of the chances that Lingard has missed has been shocking recently. The miss against Watford the first that comes to mind.
I understand your point of view, but sorry "recently" you mention! it has been more than a year and he is an attacking player facing the goal every game, and he failed to score or assist a goal. I dont know how this is still even a discussion? he should be sold now in January.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Talking about his social media activities is the dumbest thing in that statement.

Well done Jesse, that was the problem.

Paul_Scholes18

I understand your point of view, but sorry "recently" you mention! it has been more than a year and he is an attacking player facing the goal every game, and he failed to score or assist a goal. I dont know how this is still even a discussion? he should be sold now in January.
Yeah it has been pretty crazy that he has not scored for so long and we certainly need a better number 10 to start for us or change the formation. Although our other options do not score much either. Mata may score if he gets to take the pens, but that seems to be it from him these days. Pogba might if played in that role, but he is out and would probably try to leave this window anyway.

I think a lot of it has to do with our tactics too. We are not creating enough space for each other to get into good positions for scoring. Although Lingard used to score some great goals from outside the box, but now he is not even close anymore.

We can't really sell players with our thin squad. We need to bring in players first of all. Although if he wants to leave and someone wants to buy him then I would still let him go. Although our depth is a joke right now.

jackal&hyde

He does a job against the big sides when his main job is pressing and harassing the opposition DM/CD and can do some simple passes on the counter when in space. That is his use and he did it well this season being an important part to some of our more impressive results. Against defending teams he is crap, it's why we're linked with so many AMs. We're beating a dead horse here and use it in a rather pathetic way to have some free shots at Ole.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I remember when working hard was the minimum requirement for a United player.
Working hard is like the outfield player version of "good shot stopper" for a keeper. Sort of goes without saying doesn't it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
What the ...? He wasnt as bad as he usual is during the games against Tottenham and City but he wasnt good or important during those games either. He did nothing a better player cant do and a better player will also be able to do things Lingard wont do.

If Ole is really serious and thinks those performances are good enough and a reason to not get rid of Lingard i am joining the Ole out brigade. Not that it matters much because if he keeps playing Lingard he will make sure to get sacked himself.

Im just hoping this is just protecting one of his players but that internally he is looking for replacements.
You are out of your mind if you think a manager who's key focus is to keep his squads spirit high, is going to go out in public and criticize his player for a lack of form he and everyone knows about. Ripping Lingard a new one to the press accomplishes nothing. And you damn well know if doesn't.

The only sensible thing Ole can do is

A) point out that he's had some downs (everyone knows this),
B) point out the goods (Tottenham and City WERE good very good games from Lingard)
3) Stand behind your man, no matter the struggle. This is excellent man management. Ole's ONLY job when speaking to the press is to present a united front. He is not there to cater to your criticism train and contribute to the echo chamber. Now, you can disagree with that all you want, and even think that he shouldn't when its so obvious it's bull****, but that's what leaders do, they stand there and they have your back and take the grievances outside of the public eye.
IV) Keep any hint of squad movement strictly to the back office and avoid disrupting the cohesiveness of the squad.

Any manager who attacks his own players in public is never going to build a team that wants to fight FOR the manager, and quite frankly you want players who will go to war for you, not someone who outright hates you.

There is a real feelgood story here, not that we know that Jesse has had a legitimately shitty year, no matter how much money he earns. If he comes back from so much adversity and scores on Old Trafford again, I hope the whole stadium is buzzing for him.

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yeah his social media presence was our main concern, bravo Ole. Not his fecking shit performances and the fact he still gets picked.

Must be because he runs a lot and is a bubbly character.

Ole really should take some days off the media. Everything he says the last couple of days is pure crap.
It was mentioned because a great deal of Jesse's bubbly persona that the fans know, stem from social media. Not that Jesse not posting on social media is a great benefit.

He mentioned it as a way to reaffirm that the same guy is there, you just don't see as much of him outside the pitch as you used to. And that's that.

Not ever word that comes out have to be negative.

Godfather

It was mentioned because a great deal of Jesse's bubbly persona that the fans know, stem from social media. Not that Jesse not posting on social media is a great benefit.

He mentioned it as a way to reaffirm that the same guy is there, you just don't see as much of him outside the pitch as you used to. And that's that.

Not ever word that comes out have to be negative.
Oh that's just beautiful. Really good to know he's the same guy as always. Was really worrying already.

Marcelinho87

He should start 0 matches, and yes the times he missed either he was sick/injured or he miss a one game after he play a shit game and come back the match after. Why the feck he is even at the club? he is a fecking disgrace with his 0 goals and 0 assists.
Not disagreeing with you as I think he is wank also but making things up doesn't help... It is obvious Ole has been edging him out of the time recently but then injuries happen and force him back in.

El Zoido

Ole is just talking him up, he’s always positive about his players in public. It’s good man management, and something he learned well from Fergie. Ole’s biggest strength may well be his man management, tactics not so much. But we don’t know what’s goes on behind closed doors. I personally reckon him teaming up with Raiola is because Ole has told him he can leave.

red4ever 79

Ole is just talking him up, he’s always positive about his players in public. It’s good man management, and something he learned well from Fergie. Ole’s biggest strength may well be his man management, tactics not so much. But we don’t know what’s goes on behind closed doors. I personally reckon him teaming up with Raiola is because Ole has told him he can leave.
Pizza nights and sleepovers by the look of it

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Fergie didn't just talk up his players in public. He was always cautious of praising youngsters too much or too little. His man management was special in that he understood (more often than what) what players wanted to hear.

Constant sweet talk is not that special of a man management skill.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It's getting to Felliani levels of how much I want him out of the club.

Put some respect on fellaini's name. At least he was useful for us opposition feared him and he scored some important goals.

Lingard has always been painfully average absolutely Stealing a living.

Irwin99

Nothing wrong with those comments people. He is not going to slate him in public is he and should not? Ups and downs would suggest he has been bad. He played well against Spurs and City. Then has had 3 poor starts after that and not doing well as a sub either.

Could have maybe mentioned that he has struggled with scoring goals and that is something you would work with and stuff like that though.
Yeah, there's nothing wrong and everything right with backing your players, it's just that....urgh, when you have to praise a player and the only thing that comes to mind is that he runs around a lot it's a bit depressing. I feel Periera has improved over the past 4 or 5 games but he's another whose best attribute seems to be 'well, he can run'. Obviously high energy is an important attribute to the way this team plays but It would be nice to have a different metric to judge their merits as players.

El Zoido

Fergie didn't just talk up his players in public. He was always cautious of praising youngsters too much or too little. His man management was special in that he understood (more often than what) what players wanted to hear.

Constant sweet talk is not that special of a man management skill.
That youngster Lingard?

And frankly, as rubbish as Lingard is, he probably could do with support more than anything right now. And if we’re looking to sell, it’s also the right move. I know Ole can’t ever do anything right by a lot of fans, but he’s got this one correct imo. His comments here will only help, and at the worst have no effect aside from further pissing off the fans that already have the knives out for him anyway.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That youngster Lingard?

And frankly, as rubbish as Lingard is, he probably could do with support more than anything right now. And if we’re looking to sell, it’s also the right move. I know Ole can’t ever do anything right by a lot of fans, but he’s got this one correct imo. His comments here will only help, and at the worst have no effect aside from further pissing off the fans that already have the knives out for him anyway.
not Lingz but other youngsters.

Paul_Scholes18

That youngster Lingard?

Quite hard to know what Lingard wants. His best time was under Mourinho, but it was after Mkhitaryan had been poor so he got his spot.
Although once Sanchez came in his form started to drop again. Given that he has been at his worst under Ole his management doesn't seem to work. Part of it is probably tactics, but not sure Ole is giving him the right confidence anyway.

Ricardo de la Vega

Lingaard is garbage. He's a championship player, somehow playing for Man Utd week in week out. Does nothing well - every attribute he has is mediocre. Hence the statistical return.

FerociousCorgis

I feel like some people are so desperate to make it seem like they are the ones who "truly understand" the game and try and pump up things about lingard to make it seem like they get it while the rest of us are idiots. Fact remains he is a trash number 10 who can maybe do a decent job once or twice a year against a team where his only good attribute of running can come in handy. Hasn't even had a lucky pass that a teammate does all the work for to get him an assist. Yet somehow starts numerous times in one of the most important attacking positions for a supposed big club. Give me some time to get in a little better shape and im sure i could provide one or two decent 60 minute stretches of running around while showing "passion" for the club.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
WIth this club valuation on him, expect a bidding war with our "played well" Jlingz

Nevertheless, the England international is reportedly being used as a pretty light makeweight in United's pursuit of Maddison.

The Red Devils board certainly don't see it that way, however, apparently valuing Lingard at a whopping £40m, and offering a further £45m to Leicester in a bid to tempt the Foxes.

In theory, an offer placing Maddison at £85m is a very generous one, ...
Source: whoscored.

Paul_Scholes18

WIth this club valuation on him, expect a bidding war with our "played well" Jlingz

Source: whoscored.
We let Evans go for almost nothing and the same with many more in recent years
Yet we think we will get 40 million for Lingard after last year. That is insane if true.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We let Evans go for almost nothing and the same with many more in recent years
Yet we think we will get 40 million for Lingard after last year. That is insane if true.
Raiola alone will eat half of those money.

Paul_Scholes18

Raiola alone will eat half of those money.
Yeah we will see who might pay so much. China or MLS might do it. Struggle to see any PL sides doing it.

I think Everton might be one of the clubs that overpay most for average players so they would be my bet. If we want Richarlison we could give them Lingard in return.
Arsenal can be stupid too, but I can't see them going for Lingard. Moyes if he stays might also struggle to bring any real quality in and end up with a late bid for Lingard too.
Newcastle like to bring in dross too so maybe they would go for him and they send us Longstaff. Not sure anyone would be happier after that apart from Mino stealing some money.

UpWithRivers

Lingard is the epitome of whats wrong with United. Stick with an under performing player year after year. Give him a new contract and on top of it refuse to buy players in his position RW number 10 position for years and years. Now we cant sell him even if we wanted to because his wages are too high. I said after the world cup - Sell sell sell. And thats what we should have done but now we are stuck with him. He wont go anywhere.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Jesus christ, people on Ole's comments... it is clear he is on the out and the manager is not going to come out and say, the fact he hasn't scored goals and assist for the last 12 months is the reason why we are getting rid. It is clear that he's in the shop window and Ole is trying to promote some of his qualities because it is beyond obvious that there is feck all else going for him on the pitch.

He would be monumentally stupid to sign Raiola if he had thoughts of staying at United.

Kostov

He was comfortably our worst player in all 3 of those games, you should mention that before gloating like it was some acceptable performance by our number 10.

Kostov

Not disagreeing with you as I think he is wank also but making things up doesn't help... It is obvious Ole has been edging him out of the time recently but then injuries happen and force him back in.
I bet there’s a guy with a gun forcing Ole to play Lingard, when even Phil Jones would be a more useful than Lingard.

el3mel

As long as our useless manager is starting him we have absolutely no hope. He's not the one picking himself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.