4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stone

Hiding from the ball isn’t trying in my opinion. I don’t know why people equate running around = trying hard. His just looking busy. He isn’t even running around that much either, nothing like Tevez & Rooney use too. Someone like Carrick for example who didn’t “run around” much would you say he wasn’t trying his best when he was playing?
Carrick regularly covered a lot of ground. He just did it slowly and effectively because he had the ability to anticipate where he needed to be. Another example is Toni Kroos. More often than not he's in the top 3 for distance covered on the pitch, but it isn't noticeable because he doesn't run around frantically, since he doesn't have to. He can control the entire game without having to run about like a rabid dog by just staying one step ahead of the action.

Lingard always seems like he's at least a step behind the play. That's why he's running like a mad man, just trying to catch up. It doesn't actually accompish anything, but I guess that's ok because "pashun".

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don’t find this funny at all. Just last week we have had a campaign during the FA Cup which is concerning mental health in football. A couple of weeks before this Lingard came out and said how he’s been struggling mentally due to things going on in his personal life.

Yes, he’s been very poor recently on the playing field but the amount of abuse and bullying he has received on social media recently is nothing short of disgraceful.
He doesn't mind to open up and promote his another social media channel, recently. So I'm not sure if social media affecting his mental issue.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
scenes when he signs a fecking massive new 5 year deal before the end of the season!

its united so its totally possible. i bet he will play a lot more this season. ole is blind to him or else he's doing a really really horrible job of playing him back into form...

i think our signing to replace him is just as important as our RW signing. We are crying out for good players to unlock defences and put up good numbers in both positions

Andrew Richmond

I would be very surprised if the club offer a contract extension to Jesse Lingard. His appearances this season has largely been out of necessity and his form is at an all time low. He probably realises himself he needs to move on and accept his 100K per week pay packet is a thing of the past.

Stadjer

I would be very surprised if the club offer a contract extension to Jesse Lingard. His appearances this season has largely been out of necessity and his form is at an all time low. He probably realises himself he needs to move on and accept his 100K per week pay packet is a thing of the past.
I was suprised when Phil Jones got a new 4 + 1 year new deal... because of that a new deal for Lingard wouldnt suprise me at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are you sure? under the current regime i'd be more surprised if they didn't.

"Its OK Jesse I know your form has been worse than championship level, here's a new 5 year contract and a pay rise to give you a bit more incentive to try harder"

lsd

The Oracle
I don’t find this funny at all. Just last week we have had a campaign during the FA Cup which is concerning mental health in football. A couple of weeks before this Lingard came out and said how he’s been struggling mentally due to things going on in his personal life.

Yes, he’s been very poor recently on the playing field but the amount of abuse and bullying he has received on social media recently is nothing short of disgraceful.

It's shocking and a sad sign of our times . It is only a matter of time before some footballer ends up trying to kill themselves over the abuse they get from idiots .

Im pretty certain at least 99% of the people abusing Lingard do not want him to play well as they get so much satisfaction from hating him

Andrew Richmond

Are you sure? under the current regime i'd be more surprised if they didn't.

"Its OK Jesse I know your form has been worse than championship level, here's a new 5 year contract and a pay rise to give you a bit more incentive to try harder"
No I am not sure, and yes others have been given new contracts when perhaps they shouldn’t but I just don’t think they will even if it means he leave’s on a free. It’s not as if he is going to attract substantial offers and his value has plummeted in recent times.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It's shocking and a sad sign of our times . It is only a matter of time before some footballer ends up trying to kill themselves over the abuse they get from idiots .

Im pretty certain at least 99% of the people abusing Lingard do not want him to play well as they get so much satisfaction from hating him
Oh yes the new times when you can't even criticise a player who's been posting his merchandise stuff on twitter/instagram all year while being absolute shit for the club. Some of the double standards not just here but in the british media are so fecked up. You have players like Martial, Pogba, DDG who play 2-3 bad games and everyone lynches them but our boy Jlingz plays 5 bad games nothing, 20 bad games still nothing. 1 year of bad games and we finally have movement. He's starting to get the criticism he deserves oh and it only took how long?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Complete nonsense. Abusing is very wrong and I'm pretty sure those who do would prefer Lingard to help the club than the opposite.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Honestly I don’t think the majority of footballers even read their comments or social media. Most of it Is handled by PR teams anyway.

its quite clear to me that pogba had no idea how some fans felt towards him until recently, which is why the extra training videos have started happening.

lsd

The Oracle
Honestly I don’t think the majority of footballers even read their comments or social media. Most of it Is handled by PR teams anyway.

its quite clear to me that pogba had no idea how some fans felt towards him until recently, which is why the extra training videos have started happening.

I would say most of them don't as they have better things to do but I'm sure there are some players sitting g around and checking online.

Mental Health is a big issue and it's easy to imagine a player with the condition stumbling upon abuse from fans online and just sending him over the edge

Paul_Scholes18

I don't think random supporters far away will cause anyone to do that. Although I agree with the second part.
It is like people try the best to abuse and attack Lingard for whatever he does. Also saying rubbish things about our players.
Young and Jones get a lot of shit too although not as much as Lingard.

I do not know why people hate their own side that much. I can understand wanting better players/better manager and you can mention that. Although I love most of our players and I am normally sad to see people go even when it might be the right thing to do.

GifLord

I don't think random supporters far away will cause anyone to do that. Although I agree with the second part.
It is like people try the best to abuse and attack Lingard for whatever he does. Also saying rubbish things about our players.
Young and Jones get a lot of shit too although not as much as Lingard.

I do not know why people hate their own side that much. I can understand wanting better players/better manager and you can mention that. Although I love most of our players and I am normally sad to see people go even when it might be the right thing to do.
If you haven't realized it yet. English players are immune from criticism.

Paul_Scholes18

If you haven't realized it yet. English players are immune from criticism.
I feel it is the opposite here a lot. Rooney was a golden boy in the media, but on here he got some shit even if he had his defenders.
Smalling got loads of stick. Rashford gets stick too even if not that much. Shaw get lots of stick.
Maguire, Greenwood, Williams and Wan Bissaka are the new golden boys here that few attacks and most people hope they will turn into world beaters since they are new.

I feel like De Gea is the most protected one if you compare to his performances and wages. Given that he cost us top 4 with all his errors you would expect people go actually be annoyed with him.
Martial and Pogba got loads of fans defending them too. Although there are lots of attacks on Pogba too.

GifLord

I feel it is the opposite here a lot. Rooney was a golden boy in the media, but on here he got some shit even if he had his defenders.
Smalling got loads of stick. Rashford gets stick too even if not that much. Shaw get lots of stick.
Maguire, Greenwood, Williams and Wan Bissaka are the new golden boys here that few attacks and most people hope they will turn into world beaters since they are new.

I feel like De Gea is the most protected one if you compare to his performances and wages. Given that he cost us top 4 with all his errors you would expect people go actually be annoyed with him.
Martial and Pogba got loads of fans defending them too. Although there are lots of attacks on Pogba too.
I meant by the English media. Look how long it took for everyone to realize how bad Lingard is. While they shit on foreign players just after a few bad games.

Kostov

I would say most of them don't as they have better things to do but I'm sure there are some players sitting g around and checking online.

Mental Health is a big issue and it's easy to imagine a player with the condition stumbling upon abuse from fans online and just sending him over the edge
Mental health is a big issue and I don't wish harm to anyone.

But why weren't you worried when he popped up doing absolute childish things for a grown up man? Shagging a pillow or acting like a prick on that bus? Weren't you worried then that he is obviously not mature enough to cope with the negative attention he will eventually attract, and how he would fare with the 100k+ a week he does not deserve? These things were coming for anyone with a bit of sense. Not sure I would class it as bullying personally, but you play the crowd you get the crowd. I mean reasonable mature grown ups wouldn't follow or pay attention to such a nothing player or personality? You can bet your ass the ones that worshiped him for his cringe worthy shit, are the ones giving him stick now.

Paul_Scholes18

I meant by the English media. Look how long it took for everyone to realize how bad Lingard is. While they shit on foreign players just after a few bad games.
I agree with that. I am in Sweden and our media talk up Lindelöf a lot and they pretty much always give him praise.
Some people rarely get the praise even from their own country though. Like Carrick was underrated for so long and they always talked up Gerrard as the best midfielder of all time. Smalling as well in my opinion.

redcafe_reader

Footballer has been killing themselves before "our times". Give google a visit some time.

Why? Why do we get "so much satisfaction from hating him"? What do we gain from it? I can understand hating Steven Gerrard, but why Lingard? What makes him so special that we need to "hate" him? Lingard is shit and I call him shit. I also think he's lazy and irresponsible with a super weak mentally, and that our team will be much better without a player like Lingard. I do not know him and I do not hate him, but I don't want to see him in our squad because he is shit.

Neville talked shit about Pogba all the time in the media, and he's at the position of power and influence. Jones's face got posted everywhere for a laugh. But we need to protect Lingard who got some mean message on twitter?

"Whatever he does"? Do you really believe that people will hate on him while he's scoring for fun, or assisting? or when he just came into the scene?

People are saying rubbish things about Lingard because he IS rubbish, for a super long time. Try to play like him in Madrid or Barcelona or Munich and see what their fan will say about you. Manchester United fan is one of the most, if not the most "mediocre friendly" fan among top club already.

I think the word "attack", "abuse" and "hate" may lose all the meaning nowaday. Pointing out a shit player is shit is not hating, is not abusing and is not hating. Do you think people post the Gerrard slip gif everywhere is abusing Gerrard?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Then he can feck off with the cnut. Geez. Can't believe Ole still keeps playing him after that, unbelievable.

'Met with considerable unease'?

If Fergie was here he'd been lucky to be playing in the reserves after a move like that.
What utter nonsense, a player is free to choose any agent he likes, so long as that agent is licensed. If that player faced sanctions or dropping for that reason it’s a case for the PFA.

Raiola is a football agent, no more, no less. It’s only now that football is some 24 hour soap opera that the machine needs characters, ‘good guys and bad guys’. The principles have always been the same. A player will join if he wants to (providing all parties can agree on numbers), and a player will stay if he wants to. It is when that is not fully aligned that an agent comes in and has a job to do.

lumeyes

Exactly. We've all suffered him the last couple of seasons. He's made a point of acting like a compete dickhead and even though it wound me up the wrong way it didn't really bother me until his 0.001 comment. Since then the hatred has started and now all I see is an arrogant little prick. He wants to play with fire then let him get his fingers burnt.
What's this 0.001 all about? Did he claim the fans criticising him were only 0.001 % of the fan base? :)

Sparky Rhiwabon

I doubt that Ed will want him to go, especially with Pogba likely on his way. Alongside Rashford, Jesse is very much the "Face of Manchester United" in terms of marketing, PR, etc - our Messi, if you like, on a smaller scale and not in ability terms of course.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Lingard is a really interesting case. He is a championship level footballer who lucked out and through a series of coincidences and one purple match, has managed to forge a career at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

If you look at someone like Almiron at Newcastle, it’s a similar story, a number 10 who constantly loses possession and doesn’t score or assist. However, fans have really taken to Almiron and there are two major reasons for that.

The first one is the perceived attitude. Almiron is quiet and unconcerned with his appearance. He is tracking back beyond the halfway pulling faces and killing himself to try to get the ball back after his mistake.

There runs are not “intelligent” runs, like many have reasoned that Lingard had offered in the past, but proper face contorting, back-breaking lunges to recover. The fans are sympathetic and cheer his work rate. Lingard runs a lot, but it’s a different type of running, it’s aimless. He is not a quiet, hardworking, unassuming pro trying his best. He is seen as a poser who cares more about his appearance on social media than helping the team.

It goes hand in hand with the second point, the size of the club. At Newcastle, going through tough times, that unassuming nature and hard graft is applauded, but at Manchester United, even that ,wouldn’t be enough. As such, he has become the figure of everything that is wrong with the club. Not enough quality and priorities that are not in line with supporters expectations.

I would feel sorry for him, but then an oppo fan sends me a clip from his Instagram, and it reminds me why I just want him gone.

TheLittleOne

so after being out of form for a long time, still getting chances and not taking them, rumours about health issues in his family, getting criticized from pretty much everyone, taken off at half time last game, hiring Raiola as Manager ..... he is ill now. yep, seems totally legit.

pixel

Lingard never reached their level, not even half of it. At least these two were useful for a big period when we were one of the best teams in Europe, unlike the laughing stock we have become the last 5 years.
The reason they looked 'useful' was because they had top players around them (and SAF) to hide behind. Put Welbeck and Cleverly in this team and they would look as pedestrian as Lingard.

The reason players such as Lingard keep getting picked by Ole (and make no mistake, he'll be back in the team soon) is because Lingard's lack of footballing talent is matched by Ole's own lack of coaching (and not managing) talent. So even if Ole had access to players who are technically really good, there's little he could do to get them to play at a higher level. He would keep defaulting to the 'enjoy yourselves, play with a smile, run around a lot' coaching philosophy. Players like lingard are right up Ole's alley.

mewnew11

The reason they looked 'useful' was because they had top players around them (and SAF) to hide behind. Put Welbeck and Cleverly in this team and they would look as pedestrian as Lingard.

The reason players such as Lingard keep getting picked by Ole (and make no mistake, he'll be back in the team soon) is because Lingard's lack of footballing talent is matched by Ole's own lack of coaching (and not managing) talent. So even if Ole had access to players who are technically really good, there's little he could do to get them to play at a higher level. He would keep defaulting to the 'enjoy yourselves, play with a smile, run around a lot' coaching philosophy. Players like lingard are right up Ole's alley.
The ole part is debatable because you can now see an erratic rashford and Fred churn out consistent and better performances.

Lingard just doesn't want to improve is what I feel. You never see him taking people on or dribbling. Simply playing the safe side pass and hiding.

Bondi77

I was wondering how much he would be worth on the open market and the teams that would be interested in him.
Lately he has been sh1t but he is an international and he has played well in the past but he is so inconsistent
I would say about 10mil?

Red00012

I was listening to Castle’s podcast , I know he can be full of rubbish but he said Lingard has got Raiola to find him a club in Italy as he’s leaving Utd in the summer . He mentioned the lower tax rate as an incentive for him to move to Italy and of course his off field antics will be well suited in cities like Milan and Rome I guess.
Make it happen Raiola you cnut

Posh Red

I was listening to Castle’s podcast , I know he can be full of rubbish but he said Lingard has got Raiola to find him a club in Italy as he’s leaving Utd in the summer . He mentioned the lower tax rate as an incentive for him to move to Italy and of course his off field antics will be well suited in cities like Milan and Rome I guess.
Make it happen Raiola you cnut
I can’t see how moving to a place where people know more about fashion is going to work in his favour when it comes to his clothing brand :lol:

DoomSlayer

I was wondering how much he would be worth on the open market and the teams that would be interested in him.
Lately he has been sh1t but he is an international and he has played well in the past but he is so inconsistent
I would say about 10mil?
Lingard was an international player.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I doubt that Ed will want him to go, especially with Pogba likely on his way. Alongside Rashford, Jesse is very much the "Face of Manchester United" in terms of marketing, PR, etc - our Messi, if you like, on a smaller scale and not in ability terms of course.
"Our messi" spit out my morning coffee reading that

klayton88

Lingard is a really interesting case. He is a championship level footballer who lucked out and through a series of coincidences and one purple match, has managed to forge a career at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

If you look at someone like Almiron at Newcastle, it’s a similar story, a number 10 who constantly loses possession and doesn’t score or assist. However, fans have really taken to Almiron and there are two major reasons for that.

The first one is the perceived attitude. Almiron is quiet and unconcerned with his appearance. He is tracking back beyond the halfway pulling faces and killing himself to try to get the ball back after his mistake.

There runs are not “intelligent” runs, like many have reasoned that Lingard had offered in the past, but proper face contorting, back-breaking lunges to recover. The fans are sympathetic and cheer his work rate. Lingard runs a lot, but it’s a different type of running, it’s aimless. He is not a quiet, hardworking, unassuming pro trying his best. He is seen as a poser who cares more about his appearance on social media than helping the team.

It goes hand in hand with the second point, the size of the club. At Newcastle, going through tough times, that unassuming nature and hard graft is applauded, but at Manchester United, even that ,wouldn’t be enough. As such, he has become the figure of everything that is wrong with the club. Not enough quality and priorities that are not in line with supporters expectations.

I would feel sorry for him, but then an oppo fan sends me a clip from his Instagram, and it reminds me why I just want him gone.
Enjoyed reading that mate. Can't argue.

ReallyUSA

You can't keep an attacker who didn't assist nor score for a year in the PL. I am pro feckery from athletes, I hate fake professionalism. But after his summer posting of the percentile it made me realize he isn't self aware.

Red00012

I can’t see how moving to a place where people know more about fashion is going to work in his favour when it comes to his clothing brand :lol:
Let him find that out for himself when he’s off our books.

Status
Not open for further replies.