4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

I was listening to Castle’s podcast , I know he can be full of rubbish but he said Lingard has got Raiola to find him a club in Italy as he’s leaving Utd in the summer . He mentioned the lower tax rate as an incentive for him to move to Italy and of course his off field antics will be well suited in cities like Milan and Rome I guess.
Make it happen Raiola you cnut
I don't see how they would warm to him at all, he just wants to goof around.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I was listening to Castle’s podcast , I know he can be full of rubbish but he said Lingard has got Raiola to find him a club in Italy as he’s leaving Utd in the summer . He mentioned the lower tax rate as an incentive for him to move to Italy and of course his off field antics will be well suited in cities like Milan and Rome I guess.
Attacking midfielder
Likes to roll his socks down when playing

Ideal Totti replacement

Renegade

I thought his personal issue was centred around looking after his sisters or something? Surely moving to Italy makes that somewhat difficult. Admittedly I don’t know what his personal issue was/is just going off what I heard.

With that aside I don’t think he survives in Italy, i don’t think the appreciate brainless attacking running when the game is a slower pace. Technical ability with the ball as a midfielder is surely required from the stronger teams in that league no?

pacifictheme

I thought his personal issue was centred around looking after his sisters or something? Surely moving to Italy makes that somewhat difficult. Admittedly I don’t know what his personal issue was/is just going off what I heard.

With that aside I don’t think he survives in Italy, i don’t think the appreciate brainless attacking running when the game is a slower pace. Technical ability with the ball as a midfielder is surely required from the stronger teams in that league no?
Yeah he has been caring for a few family mwmbers and his mum was unwell. I can't see him moving from the north west.

El Zoido

I can’t ever imagine him leaving, he’s hit the jackpot playing so many games for this club, and earning such an inflated salary. Both totally at odds with what he offers on the pitch. He’s a local lad that still visits his grandma all the time, and as others have said, he’s been looking after his family recently. A move anywhere makes no sense on any level, and certainly not to Italy. The only chance he’s going is if Ole has told him he’s surplus to requirements and he’s desperate to play every week.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
By all accounts he’s certainly been hawked around. I think Ole was alluding to him when he said that he knew who he wanted to leave the club.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't see any other outcome that a new contract. Home grown player that will not complain about game time.

Alabaster Codify7

See, the narrative has been formed here. Due to Ole playing this joker so often, Raiola can now spin this situation that we're in such a shite position that Lingard - "a key starting player" - wants to jump ship and move to a better team. It's petty on my part I know, but it's infuriating that someone who has stolen a living here is going to be leaving with a smirk on his face claiming he's moving onwards and upwards from a sinking ship.

Djemba-Djemba

See, the narrative has been formed here. Due to Ole playing this joker so often, Raiola can now spin this situation that we're in such a shite position that Lingard - "a key starting player" - wants to jump ship and move to a better team. It's petty on my part I know, but it's infuriating that someone who has stolen a living here is going to be leaving with a smirk on his face claiming he's moving onwards and upwards from a sinking ship.
I'll take any situation that ends with Jesse Lingard no longer being a Man Utd player though.

Red00012

I’ll take that situation as long as he’s gone from this club .

iHicksy

Lingard is a really interesting case. He is a championship level footballer who lucked out and through a series of coincidences and one purple match, has managed to forge a career at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

If you look at someone like Almiron at Newcastle, it’s a similar story, a number 10 who constantly loses possession and doesn’t score or assist. However, fans have really taken to Almiron and there are two major reasons for that.

The first one is the perceived attitude. Almiron is quiet and unconcerned with his appearance. He is tracking back beyond the halfway pulling faces and killing himself to try to get the ball back after his mistake.

There runs are not “intelligent” runs, like many have reasoned that Lingard had offered in the past, but proper face contorting, back-breaking lunges to recover. The fans are sympathetic and cheer his work rate. Lingard runs a lot, but it’s a different type of running, it’s aimless. He is not a quiet, hardworking, unassuming pro trying his best. He is seen as a poser who cares more about his appearance on social media than helping the team.

It goes hand in hand with the second point, the size of the club. At Newcastle, going through tough times, that unassuming nature and hard graft is applauded, but at Manchester United, even that ,wouldn’t be enough. As such, he has become the figure of everything that is wrong with the club. Not enough quality and priorities that are not in line with supporters expectations.

I would feel sorry for him, but then an oppo fan sends me a clip from his Instagram, and it reminds me why I just want him gone.
Very well put.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He'll last about five seconds in Serie A on current form. It's a pretty good league and tactically complex. Plus the Italian fans don't take shit.
Or colored people a lot of them. I can see a looming personal disaster for Jesse if he has to leave OT. I hope that doesn't happen.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We should use the success of Smalling as an example to market him to Italy clubs. Tell them there are so many similarities between Lingard and Smalling: both are English, both survived dozens of managers at ManUnited, both struggled to find form as United players and Italy will be a perfect place to find motivations (again, using Smalldini as an example), they're also both males, can grow beard and have limitless potential. For Inter especially, tell them Jose loved Lingard so Conte will love him too.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

That's assuming everything that's been said about his personnal issues is actually true.

lumeyes

We should use the success of Smalling as an example to market him to Italy clubs. Tell them there are so many similarities between Lingard and Smalling: both are English, both survived dozens of managers at ManUnited, both struggled to find form as United players and Italy will be a perfect place to find motivations (again, using Smalldini as an example), they're also both males, can grow beard and have limitless potential. For Inter especially, tell them Jose loved Lingard so Conte will love him too.
Seems like you are a sleek salesman. Wish the club can give you the job of selling unwanted players :)

UpWithRivers

How does him wanting to leave make any sense. Didnt he just say he was having family problems? So what now he's just doing one and leaving them all behind to sort themselves out? Sounds more like a contract ploy to me.

Man Utd 1:0 Wolves

Stadjer

Came on for Rashford and didnt do anything in the little time he had. Still had to rate him and gave him a 5/10. That should make his average rating for the season go up quite a bit :lol:

United Hobbit

A Liverpool fan this morning took great delight in telling me that Allisson now has more assists this season than J Lingz.....

Bruce Wayne

The problem is that no one wants him. I don't think the club would reject any offer for him.

He is happy to collect his paycheck on the bench.

Paul_Scholes18

Burnley is a side he likes to play against. Time for 2 goals from him again!
Our last hope is Lingard getting going at the moment.
Yes we are doomed since it is probably not going to happen, but we better take the risk since no way are we actually going to bring someone in.

manunited1919

Burnley is a side he likes to play against. Time for 2 goals from him again!
Our last hope is Lingard getting going at the moment.
Yes we are doomed since it is probably not going to happen, but we better take the risk since no way are we actually going to bring someone in.
awww, you are just trying to wind people up. You can’t possibly be serious.

Man Utd 0:2 Burnley

Based Adnan

As if everything surrounding the club wasn't depressive enough. Lingard getting ready to get subbed on when we're chasing a game is the cherry on top of the cake. Useless as always.

Stadjer

As if everything surrounding the club wasn't depressive enough. Lingard getting ready to get subbed on when we're chasing a game is the cherry on top of the cake. Useless as always.
I lost all hope at still getting a result at that point. I wonder what his teammates think when they see him getting ready to get on. Do they expect him to create something for them or that Lingard will score himself?

It must feel like conceding just before half time while you are domination. It just cant help mentally when you see Lingard getting on to 'save the day'.

Status
Not open for further replies.