Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Worst player at the club at the minute by a long stretch. Would rather have Lee Grant play in place of him, pointless footballer that offers the team nothing. Even last night he gave the ball away countless times and was lucky to play as much of the game that he did. Even Mason didnt get injured I would say he wouldve been taken off at halftime. Glad Bruno is here now we can leave Jesse for the reserves.

edgar allan

I feel for him tbh. He had a couple of years where it was all going really well. Lots of appearances and goals for United, call ups to England, World Cup appearances and goals. Then for whatever reason, it all dried up. His confidence is gone and he's in such a rut that he cannot get it back. There is a player in there, but I cannot see it being at United past the summer. He needs to go abroad, and start again.
He wouldn't command a quarter of his current wages anywhere else, a loan where we pay 60 % plus will be the only chance of that happening.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He has done well against Arsenal. Hope they buy him. Anyways, he wont play much now thanks to Bruno which is nice.

Le Red

I feel for him tbh. He had a couple of years where it was all going really well. Lots of appearances and goals for United, call ups to England, World Cup appearances and goals. Then for whatever reason, it all dried up. His confidence is gone and he's in such a rut that he cannot get it back. There is a player in there, but I cannot see it being at United past the summer. He needs to go abroad, and start again.
His defenders deny it, but it was too much distraction with things unrelated to football that were his demise.
No player is forbidden from having social media or a brand of whatever he wants to sell, but as long as you have a millionaire contract with a club, your development and performances should be the main focus on your life.
Jesse is not the first player to crash and burn like he did, but he's unique in how many opportunities he received after it was clear he wasn't up to it anymore. It was this inexcusable insistance that made our supporters mad.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Either Roma or Inter will make a brilliant player out of him. Come come come. Buy buy buy.
Discount for dis conte.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He will get new contract. You know it, i know it and everybody here know that. The fact that he gets chance after chance in first 11 and that one decent game against division 1 team was enough to start against City tell you everything about Ole's opinion about Lingard.
All what Lingard needs to do is have one decent game then and there. I can't remember that some player had this much credit like he has.
Normally i'd agree, but his contract runs out next year and considering he just employed Raiola as his agent, that might be a sign hes on the move. I think the thing about Jesse is that he has managed to slip under the radar for a number of years now. He was a part time player that was mostly shite, but got by with a couple of purple patches here and there, being home grown and being "young and developing" despite being well into his twenties

This year hes been asked to play more because we simply lack the numbers in midfield and hes been exposed badly.

Tarrou

Evidence? He plays week after week despite we had 3 players who can play on that position. Ole always talks highly about him( and it is not just nice talk what every manager does). Ole loves his "bubly" character. And we can deny it all day but the fact that he is local lad gives him a lot more credits than other players have. How many times people said that Lingard is done? And then he would start next game. He started against City because he scored against bloody division 1 team despite Mata and Pereira showed much more in recent weeks.

I stand by my words. Lingard just needs few good games and based on that he will get his contract. Not to mention that we sack in selling players so we will "protect our value".
he's started 9 out 24 in the league, and most of them almost certainly because Pogba was out

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well Lingard did perform here out of the blue a few weeks back.
Can see Ole's thinking. Certain players just perform well against certain teams.
When was that then :lol: ? The bar is set so low with Jesse that an average performance is seen as decent. He has been garbage for more than a year.
Our most consistent player by far at the club.
Lingard ain't magically improving out of nowhere, he is crap and will stay crap.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
His defenders deny it, but it was too much distraction with things unrelated to football that were his demise.
No player is forbidden from having social media or a brand of whatever he wants to sell, but as long as you have a millionaire contract with a club, your development and performances should be the main focus on your life.
Jesse is not the first player to crash and burn like he did, but he's unique in how many opportunities he received after it was clear he wasn't up to it anymore. It was this inexcusable insistance that made our supporters mad.
Understandable, and I'm not trying to defend the crap performances he has been putting in, but it was clear that he was a decent squad player at least for some time, and then he just went off a cliff. Now he looks a shadow of the player he was, and for a life long United as he is, that must be heartbreaking. Of course that leads to anxiety meaning he puts too much pressure on himself in each game, leading to a crap performance, and the cycle deepens. Unfortunately its gone too far now, and all of the credit he'd built up has pretty much vanished. Massive shame imo.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Either Roma or Inter will make a brilliant player out of him. Come come come. Buy buy buy.
Discount for dis conte.
Erm...yes.
What he said.
Lingard will be brilliant for Roma, Inter or any other club that'll take him. :D

Banana Republic

There should be no room for sentiment.
A forlorn hope that somehow Lingard’s form would eventually return to imagined past glory, is delusional.
It was never really there in the first place. He had some good spells and scored a few goals, but in between he was bang average at best, even back then in his supposed prime.

We have a 27 year old dead weight, costing us a fortune in wages, except that Ole and the Utd set-up seem to think he’s a key and useful member of the squad. Hopefully they’ve woken up and seen the reality.
He’s been incredibly lucky to make millions of pounds at such a young age, unless he’s been spun*ing it all away on his doomed 3rd rate fashion brand.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
How many times have we brought this clown off the bench when we're chasing a goal? He never actually does anything ffs
There was a lack of movement off the ball, which is something he can actually provide. The only other attacking option was Chong who I dont believe is yet of a sufficient standard. Our squad is just not good enough, hence why we have to turn to players like Lingard.

drdoityourself

There was a lack of movement off the ball, which is something he can actually provide. The only other attacking option was Chong who I dont believe is yet of a sufficient standard. Our squad is just not good enough, hence why we have to turn to players like Lingard.
Is it good movement though? His runs are non threatening and with no intent to open things up or create. This pretty much sums him up:

Robbie Boy

Is it good movement though? His runs are non threatening and with no intent to open things up or create. This pretty much sums him up:

No. His 'good movement' myth has been busted on here umpteen times and has historically only been used by his apologists.

Stadjer

Bruno could have made the pass that Lingard made after he received the ball himself.

Guess since he is new at the club he passed it to Lingard. Hopefully he will just ignore Lingard the next time Lingard wants to receive the ball. Even better would be that next time Lingard wont be on the pitch.

Based Adnan

Just classic Lingard. Getting on the ball for the sake of it instead of doing something with it. His good movement is literally him abandoning space in the middle to move over to an already occupied space.

el3mel

:lol: Bruno must have been thinking here : "what the feck has brought me here, that's not what I was expecting" or something.

dev1l

According to espn he s wanted by Atletico and Roma.

(if you want to know who are Raiola s puppets in the media, you should follow Lingard related stories closely :))

el3mel

Simeone has definitely lost his mind for good if he's interested in Jesse Lingard.

Based Adnan

LVGSdive

We shouldn't let Lingard go for any cost.

We have to make out that he is good if Roma or Atletico Madrid read this forum

Stadjer

Atletico hardly score goals... Lingard will help them out. He is Ole his go-to plan when chasing a goal so ofcourse he will be able to help Atletico score goals! Great buy for them.

Lingard and Morata couple! So many goals!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We will sell Lingard for free, and we will pay for his plane ticket too.

Ander herrera the warrior

Since we have an injury crisis right now, form issues (Martial, Greenwood, James) and tiredness playing so many games, I wonder why are we not trying Lingard on the right wing?

I remember he used to be decent option on the right, as he has the energy to run up and down on the wings. He is not intelligent enough to play through the middle as we can all see and since we have Bruno now, we wouldn't even need him there anyways.

So why not him on the right wing? Just run up down, give crosses in, what do you all think? Some of the easy games till the end of the season before selling him?

Based Adnan

Since we have an injury crisis right now, form issues (Martial, Greenwood, James) and tiredness playing so many games, I wonder why are we not trying Lingard on the right wing?

I remember he used to be decent option on the right, as he has the energy to run up and down on the wings. He is not intelligent enough to play through the middle as we can all see and since we have Bruno now, we wouldn't even need him there anyways.

So why not him on the right wing? Just run up down, give crosses in, what do you all think? Some of the easy games till the end of the season before selling him?
I agree with everything you said minus the selling bit and just swap out Lingard for Dalot

Posh Red

When he played on the right he was terrible. There was one particularly vocal poster on here that was adamant he would go up several levels when moved to the middle, and that he shouldn’t be judged whilst playing out wide. As above, Dalot is a much better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.