Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Your analysis is right but trite. I think anyone even the biased cafers understood the need to jettison the deadwood before massive reinvestment. It’s clear that we run ourselves as a business and contrary to what blowhard Ed says, we do not have a crazy war chest burning just waiting to be unleashed. Your analysis is not mutually exclusive to the view that Lingard does not warrant a starting place no matter how insignificant the game is. He is simply not good enough and form is shot. You can say players like Mata (past it) or Gomes (wantaway) are also not good enough but they deserve more of a shot an Lingard at this juncture. Jesse has had many chances and have blown all of them this season. He needs to be sold and I don’t think his staunchest defenders can put up a forceful argument why he should be given more chances.
Agree that he has had his chances. But we are a business first and foremost. How do we extract money out of someone who is on 100k/week and been crap for a good year now?
Clearly we removed those that were easiest to get rid of and kept the Deadwood's that we had a positional need. Jesse slipped in.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Agree that he has had his chances. But we are a business first and foremost. How do we extract money out of someone who is on 100k/week and been crap for a good year now?
Clearly we removed those that were easiest to get rid of and kept the Deadwood's that we had a positional need. Jesse slipped in.
Easy.

Dont even Bench him. Put him on reserves till his contract runs out. Or till he's bored and wants to play football and took wage cut in order to move. Loan him somewhere else.

And do not be tempted to play him no matter how barebone we are. He's useless anyway, better some unknown kids from academy than a guaranteed crock like him.

We are a big club. Start acting like one

sglowrider

Easy.

Dont even Bench him. Put him on reserves till his contract runs out. Or till he's bored and wants to play football and took wage cut in order to move. Loan him somewhere else.

And do not be tempted to play him no matter how barebone we are. He's useless anyway, better some unknown kids from academy than a guaranteed crock like him.

We are a big club. Start acting like one
Who would take him at 100k/week? Then if we are to subsidise it, based on that cost, it may land up better for him to stay. A warm body at least.

Or maybe as a former player, Ole has more empathy? He of all players know that you go through peaks and troughs. YOu need to need to fight through them. Jose didnt.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nah, he was never convincing before with the two other previous managers. But he would score a screamer or something to silence the critics. Just look at the hating Lingard thread. He divided opinion, but now most people have realised he is a crap footballer.

He can’t pass. He can’t dribble. He can’t shoot. He’s not very quick. He has no strength at all.

People bring up the World Cup, but forget besides against the mighty Panama the attack for England relied on set pieces and the attack was garbage. Lingard had one good game and that was against Panama. Just like he played well vs Tranmere. That is his level.
Did I say he was convincing :confused: ? Just that he wasn't as bad. He's without a doubt, gotten worse as a footballer under Ole.

Kostov

And you think someone is going to pay something for Jesse Lingard? Wake up, nobody is that stupid pal. If there is any chance that he moves this summer, it will be with us paying most of his salary, since he won't tale a pay cut.

Who would take him at 100k/week? Then if we are to subsidise it, based on that cost, it may land up better for him to stay. A warm body at least.

Or maybe as a former player, Ole has more empathy? He of all players know that you go through peaks and troughs. YOu need to need to fight through them. Jose didnt.
Him staying on a 100k a week is just as detrimental to the team as someone like Alexis was still and still is. Young player will think, look at this average chap getting 100k a week while being a league 1 player at best. You think that is good to have around?

sglowrider

And you think someone is going to pay something for Jesse Lingard? Wake up, nobody is that stupid pal. If there is any chance that he moves this summer, it will be with us paying most of his salary, since he won't tale a pay cut.

Him staying on a 100k a week is just as detrimental to the team as someone like Alexis was still and still is. Young player will think, look at this average chap getting 100k a week while being a league 1 player at best. You think that is good to have around?
You said that its difficult to off-load him. Then you said that its not good to keep him around. If you put him in the U-23 squad would cause all sorts of problems too considering that he is an academy lad.

Sounds like this management malarkey ain't so straightforward eh?!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Don't understand why people always hope for that.
Why not hope our players do better and start performing than hope they keep being shit and sold.
Yeah because persisting with him for another season or two with him not scoring or assisting will definitely work out.

lumeyes

You are completely blinded by your hatred towards Ole. Why do you think Ole plays Lingard? Some boy lover thing going on? You have so little credibility left in this forum with your persistent skewed view. Try see a bigger picture rather than doing such knee-jerk reactions every time. I understand it in the Matchday threads but in normal convos, think bigger picture.

How do we replace Jesse who is on 100k/week? We cant keep bloating up the salary budget without removing the deadwoods. And thats not possible to replace in one window. Management isn't so black & white. You have to make your priorities, make balanced choices and then hopefully execute them well.

Its a phased approach. Clearly the remit given by Woodward is that we reduce our cost base first and foremost. Then slowly build back to what they think is the proposed Ole vision. Its not some video game where everything starts fresh with every re-boot. There are cost legacies, anticipated lower revenues coming up.

Then based on those parameters, Ole or any manager has to make his plans.
Blinded or not, Ole deserves full criticism for continuing to play Lingard. It's atrocious. He should have been permanently removed from match day squad months ago, and given the time - in the reserve or training - to regain himself. Matic was out for a couple of months for not playing well, and when the opportunity arose, he began to perform well again. Not exactly back to his best days but much better than he did before getting benched. Lingard has been negative to the team, overall. His continued presence is a depressant to both him team mates and the kids from the academy So any fan is right to be hard on Ole for the unwarranted amount of game time he's given him. His so called running and pressing are pointless when he can't even make simple ball control and lay easy passes. I could point to 3 kids from the academy who would have performed better than him in many, if not most of the game and time he played. Ole has a sentimental attachment to Lingard, there is no other way to explain it. If he (Ole) weren't a club legend, the hatred you are alluding to would be more intense.

How do we replace him? The same way we replaced or dealt with others like Lukaku, Sanchez, Matic, and others. At least keep him out of the team for a while, and ask maybe him to stay away from social media and focus on football only.

No, Lingard has offered a significant and cumulative negativity for months now. He contributes nothing we can not manage from a combination of Levitt, Gomes, Barlow, etc. Fellaini, for all his shortcomings would have offered more. Why was he cleared before Lingard?

Esquire

I am not sure we can extract money from this failed investment. I forgot who gave him that 100+k contract to begin with - was it Jose? At the time plenty said Lingard didn’t really deserve that kind of money and they were proven right. He really needs to go on loan or be shipped out for his own good. He is never going to reach the level expected of him here. To answer your question, sometimes you just have to cut your losses as a club and move on. Same deal with Pogba and Sanchez. The crux of the issue is how our miss rate is so high and how come there is no accountability. On that we need to move to the Ed thread...

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah because persisting with him for another season or two with him not scoring or assisting will definitely work out.
Problem is people seem to think removing players make everything magically better.
Actually buying the right guys and improving what we got seem to be second in peoples mind.
Woodward think like many fans and that is why we are in this mess.

This is in general and not about Lingard. We should no doubt improve our attack more and sell Lingard unless he improves a lot.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

This sort of thinking that he's better than nothing is what keeps us anchored.

Imagine him having 200 aps for united.

It all started with let's give him another chance

Kostov

You said that its difficult to off-load him. Then you said that its not good to keep him around. If you put him in the U-23 squad would cause all sorts of problems too considering that he is an academy lad.

Sounds like this management malarkey ain't so straightforward eh?!
It will be difficult to offload him because the footballing world understands what an average footballer he is on such high wages. I did not say put him in the u23, just don't play him constantly and force him to seek a move away. Giving him minutes that should automatically go to someone like Gomes is also stupid and hurts the team long term.

It actually isn't that hard if you are not so fond on him like Ole is. He is stil what 27? I am sure that he will want to find team after Manchester United and if he is not playing here he would want to secure a long term contract at another club.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You are completely blinded by your hatred towards Ole. Why do you think Ole plays Lingard? Some boy lover thing going on? You have so little credibility left in this forum with your persistent skewed view. Try see a bigger picture rather than doing such knee-jerk reactions every time. I understand it in the Matchday threads but in normal convos, think bigger picture.

How do we replace Jesse who is on 100k/week? We cant keep bloating up the salary budget without removing the deadwoods. And thats not possible to replace in one window. Management isn't so black & white. You have to make your priorities, make balanced choices and then hopefully execute them well.

Its a phased approach. Clearly the remit given by Woodward is that we reduce our cost base first and foremost. Then slowly build back to what they think is the proposed Ole vision. Its not some video game where everything starts fresh with every re-boot. There are cost legacies, anticipated lower revenues coming up.

Then based on those parameters, Ole or any manager has to make his plans.
Or failed Cardiff manager could have just played all those games with Gomes. We will lose Gomes because of lack of minutes and he could have easily play instead of Lingard.

hubbuh

Or failed Cardiff manager could have just played all those games with Gomes. We will lose Gomes because of lack of minutes and he could have easily play instead of Lingard.
Is that how you prefix Ole every time you mention him? Get a fecking life you loser :lol:

Robbie Boy

I have been a huge critic of him for years but I honestly never believed he would become this bad.

Devil81

The kid started to believe his own hype and took the foot off the gas with his career.

I'd say he's just about done now at United, honestly can't see where or how he'd fit into a future United eleven.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The kid started to believe his own hype and took the foot off the gas with his career.

I'd say he's just about done now at United, honestly can't see where or how he'd fit into a future United eleven.
I do think that it is his problem. He was never some big talent but he made a career with hard work, running and passion. At one point he started to think that he is some kind of star and stopped doing that extra effort. Without that he is average football player

GiddyUp

Who gives a feck how much he gets at his next club. He came from our academy so it is not as if we are taking a financial loss. The fact that he's even considered an option for Ole at this club after signing with that cnut is shocking.

GiddyUp

I do think that it is his problem. He was never some big talent but he made a career with hard work, running and passion. At one point he started to think that he is some kind of star and stopped doing that extra effort. Without that he is average football player
He made it to the 0.08% or what ever the feck he said to justify himself settling in to this mire. Imagine your best traits as a footballer is running around avoiding actual football. It's like justifying at shite keeper by saying he waves his arms around a lot for penalties.

manutddjw

I won’t be a coward like Lingard. I’ll say it right now I hate him. If that makes me a bad United fan so be it. Checking LiveScore and not seeing his name brought joy to me this morning.

Stadjer

I won’t be a coward like Lingard. I’ll say it right now I hate him. If that makes me a bad United fan so be it. Checking LiveScore and not seeing his name brought joy to me this morning.
It is nice that Lingard can bring joy to you that way since he doesnt bring much joy to anyone when he is on the pitch...

Robbie Boy

I don't think it makes you a bad fan but why bother investing your energy into hating him? He's a poor player who should never have made the breakthrough here but I don't hate him, he's just a pointless player. I feel his time here is nearly done thankfully and he'll slip into obscurity like other overrated Caf players such as Welbeck and Cleverley.

Mike Smalling

His salary or lack of transfer value should not even be considered, when thinking about his future. He should not be at this club - plain and simple. Hopefully the manager will inform him in the summer, that he has played his last game for Man Utd and that academy players will be picked ahead of him for the lesser cups, in case of injuries etc. If he wants to see out his contract here, that is his right, but otherwise we can obviously help him move on to any club that might be interested.

manutddjw

I don't think it makes you a bad fan but why bother investing your energy into hating him? He's a poor player who should never have made the breakthrough here but I don't hate him, he's just a pointless player. I feel his time here is nearly done thankfully and he'll slip into obscurity like other overrated Caf players such as Welbeck and Cleverley.
Well it takes no energy to hate him so we’re good there. I think what compounded my hatred even worse was how we had to be delicate with our criticism of Lingard. “Academy player who gives his all” “he’s a good squad player” were common retorts. I’m glad other fans are finally seeing him for what he is and are calling him out on it.

Robbie Boy

Well it takes no energy to hate him so we’re good there. I think what compounded my hatred even worse was how we had to be delicate with our criticism of Lingard. “Academy player who gives his all” “he’s a good squad player” were common retorts. I’m glad other fans are finally seeing him for what he is and are calling him out on it.
Yeah I've been through the endless debate about him over the years. He's just a poor player and it's mind boggling that he's managed to play over 200 games here.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Problem is people seem to think removing players make everything magically better.
Actually buying the right guys and improving what we got seem to be second in peoples mind.
Woodward think like many fans and that is why we are in this mess.

This is in general and not about Lingard. We should no doubt improve our attack more and sell Lingard unless he improves a lot.
Agreed but selling players like Lingard is a step in right direction and a step that should have been taken long time ago.

thepolice123

It will be difficult to offload him because the footballing world understands what an average footballer he is on such high wages. I did not say put him in the u23, just don't play him constantly and force him to seek a move away. Giving him minutes that should automatically go to someone like Gomes is also stupid and hurts the team long term.

It actually isn't that hard if you are not so fond on him like Ole is. He is stil what 27? I am sure that he will want to find team after Manchester United and if he is not playing here he would want to secure a long term contract at another club.
Can't deny that Ole has a soft spot for him. He has known him from since he was a kid. That said, our failure to secure Bruno before the season, coupled with Pogba and Rashford's injury has resulted Lingard getting more minutes than expected. Ole should have at least given some minutes to Gomes but I don't think he is ready either. He would absolutely get destroyed on the pitch IMO. Its between a rock and a hard place, really.

I'm 100% sure Lingard will be gone in summer.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His output is simply a disgrace.
Saw a stat that Bruno already has more goal contributions in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.