Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He won the ball twice, lost it thrice. Completed all of his 5 dribbles, 92% passing success from his 26 passes, 1 tackle out of 5 successful, no shots, no crosses, no key passes.

Statistics back up that on the ball he was indeed quite meh.

R'hllor

There were part when he swapped position with AP, i hate it, cant watching that gapping hole on the right. Its like they swapped positions and 1 min later i see basically almost next to AP and we press he is always late on their LB because he starts running from number 10 position.

ManRed

Some nice moments and I think has two 2nd assists. (If that is even a thing)

The Purley King

Played extremely well in the 2nd half today.
Everyone including Lingard was a bit meh 1st half.
Not the most talented but most of our much vaunted pressing comes from him and he linked up well.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Strange. Normally I tend to be in here defending Lingard against people who I feel are going overboard, but today it seems the opposite. Thought he was quite poor today. Provided very little when we had the ball, and even his workrate and pressing seemed a bit worse than normal. Had a few good moments of course, but overall I expect better from him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He won the ball twice, lost it thrice. Completed all of his 5 dribbles, 92% passing success from his 26 passes, 1 tackle out of 5 successful, no shots, no crosses, no key passes.

Statistics back up that on the ball he was indeed quite meh.
How does that compare to our other midfielders/attackers? That will tell you if he really was “meh” on the ball. I suspect he was pretty much the only one who was consistently retaining possession. Somebody had to!

Godfather

How does that compare to our other midfielders/attackers? That will tell you if he really was “meh” on the ball. I suspect he was pretty much the only one who was consistently retaining possession. Somebody had to!
26 passes Pogue. That's not nearly enough. I don't even know which position he played in today. Same with Pereira.

Mcking

He's proven everytime that he isn't a winger and shouldn't be playing as one. Play him as the CAM, or put him on the bench.

Dve

Invisible first half, but more involved and played well after the break. A joy to watch him running with the ball in his legs, bringing it up from depth. He should do that more often.

dogwithabone

Strange. Normally I tend to be in here defending Lingard against people who I feel are going overboard, but today it seems the opposite. Thought he was quite poor today. Provided very little when we had the ball, and even his workrate and pressing seemed a bit worse than normal. Had a few good moments of course, but overall I expect better from him.

Very strange then because I’m normally very critical of him but thought he was pretty good today, especially second half. Thought he was quicker moving the ball and his all round game just seemed sharper.

K13

Wonderful dancing feet with his mazy dribble - didn't think he had that in him. More fool me.

Crashoutcassius

We were much better with him through the middle than periera, better press and better shape and better countering I think. Andreas has much better delivery so would prefer them to stay that way

settembrini

Started on the right and was rubbish, as usual.

Played the 2nd half through the middle and was fine. Again as usual.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Can spot the people who don't actually know why they don't like him, but are just following the crowd in this thread post-chelsea. Morons.

el3mel

Few good runs through the game. The rest was his usual performance.

Devil81

Played well, agree with Neville he looked like he's gained muscle.

Hopefully he keeps this form up throughout the season.

Steven-UK

Played well, agree with Neville he looked like he's gained muscle.

Hopefully he keeps this form up throughout the season.
I think that's because he is growing his hair out, makes him look bulkier.

First half he was one of our better players, definitely lively. Looked fit, and ready to play.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He was much better when he moved centrally. He's not a traditional 10, but he's starting to look like a great player who can link midfield with the attack. Just needs to improve his decision making a bit

Mr PG

He was very good. Water carrier basically and wasn’t subbed because Ole knows we need his defensive work.

Vanya

He was excellent today. Joined martial to make a 2 up top and ran back to become a 10 and the first defender. Worked very very hard.
I think he should be a back up player and we need an upgrade but this his season to prove us wrong.

Reddy Rederson

There you go. Most accurate passer of our starting XI. Including centre-backs (which is unusual) And almost twice as many passes as Pereira.
I dont think thats the name you wanna hang your hat on as a defence, as he was dog shit as well. Its probably also worth mentioning that lingards passes are mostly very very short passes/ lay ons.

Redcy

Should only plays a cam, he doesn’t have enough threat at rw. Pereira needs to go and play one of gomes/James/greenwood.

I would have lingard at cam and use Gomes sparingly for now.

Revan

Assumptionman
Some nice moments and I think has two 2nd assists. (If that is even a thing)
Not really. For the first goal, Rashford got then pen (which he converted), Pereira assisted the second goal, while Pogba assisted the last two goals.

I think that him, Shaw and Pereira were our worst players today.

Red Devil's Advocate

A word, too, for Lingard, whose role in the second and third goals will likely be underplayed. Without his pre-assists United would have still been nervously defending a one-goal lead after an hour instead of revelling in a three-goal cushion.

His resurrection of Rashford’s wayward pass and selfless lay-off to Pereira created the space for the Brazilian to cross to Martial. His eagerness to constantly keep the ball moving and not retain it himself for longer than a few seconds gave Pogba the time to look up and find Rashford’s run. The perennial youngster – United’s oldest outfielder – was again their unsung hero.
(football365)

fps

Played better than he usually does. Let him off this one.

Another yellow card to his tally though.
Goals 29 Yellow cards 26 Assists 15.

I'll leave it there for this season except the funniest statistic for this young lad - he was the oldest outfield starter today.
:lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thought he was below par again today. Not sure what Gomes has to do to get ahead of the likes of Lingard, Pereira, Mata etc.

I want to see a maestro like Gomes showcase his undoubted ability. But feel cheated with players like the aforementioned being ahead of him.

ManRed

Not really. For the first goal, Rashford got then pen (which he converted), Pereira assisted the second goal, while Pogba assisted the last two goals.

I think that him, Shaw and Pereira were our worst players today.
I meant the assist before the assist. He passed the ball to Pereira for the 2nd goal and to Pogba for the 3rd.

KennyBurner

I feel like this new Ole setup is unfair to lingard because he isn’t a natural 10 like eriksen or a pure winger like Willian. Now that Martial is our starting forward he needs a player like eriksen/Rooney behind him who can feed or link plays. I saw in a previous post that he failed to record 1 key pass? That is atrocious for him given he and pereira kept switching between the wing and center. He is a runner who can do a job when the team is setup in a specific way(I’m thinking last season big games were we played him central just behind rashford and martial in a diamond).

It’s really a sad state of affairs that lingard is going to be a scapegoat when in reality he just doesn’t fit the role we are giving him. It’s also why I don’t understand how we still don’t have a right winger. It’s been years and we still haven’t sorted this out. James did well today but I’m expecting a super sub role from him this season.

PvsNP

2 one yard backward passes, one of them about 70 metres from goal.

Assisting the assist is not a thing.
It absolutely is in other sports like ice hockey or basketball. Don't see why it can't be used in football.

Though he shouldn't really get praise for his pre-assists today. Anyone could've made them.

Devil may care

Got Neville excited but I thought he was average, good ball recovery after Rashford's poor pass on the counter for the 2nd goal, and one good run with the ball, but he lacks the guile and quality of a proper top #10.

mancan92

Surprised seeing no one complain about his work rate. The whole right flank was open Emerson was getting constantly and Lingard was no where to be seen. Rashford was constantly dropping back getting into Chelsea’s RB. Lingard wasn’t even doing what everyone says he’s supposed to be good at.

edcunited1878

Why? because it's absolutely awful, that's why. Rashford's second goal today a perfect example of the nonsense of it.
Well, if Lingard sits on the ball and doesn't link up play quickly to playmakers who can see the pitch all while his teammates are reacting quickly off the ball, the timing is off.

He literally increased the tempo and started the transition from possession with AWB to attack with his touch to Pogba. It took all of five or six touches, maybe 7 seconds, a run from Rashford and a raking 30/40 yard ball by Pogba to put Chelsea to bed.

Lingard was very good today and helped the team immensely. Every player today was good and will improve after a 4-0 win against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.