4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

This has been the worse season of his life. Before this he would still go on purple patches and score a goal or two, hell he scored a brace in Ole's first game.

Skeezix

Arsenal would be a good place for him to go. At best, he can run. At worst, he can Milly rock dance at the Emirates all day.

E-mal

His times up at United and deep down he probably knows it, but he wasn't the worst United performer yesterday, not even close, and considering it was his first games for months he did okay, but once the fall-guy ....
I think the response is just an accumulation of all the periods of incompetence. It just got to a head yesterday because of the lack of fight. A lot of the guys that started yesterday have no business with our team, it is sad they are still here stealing a living.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Stadjer

What he has done this season to get minutes before Andreas ?
What has Andreas dome to get minutes before Lingard? Good thing we have Bruno and Pogba now so we hopefully wont have to suffer watching Lingard and/or Andreas very often anymore.

Out of the two i do prefer Andreas... Andreas atleast takes some risks with passing and shooting eventhough he usually makes the wrong choice.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Maximum 5/10 (4 but a little extra for that bit if skill). If you gave him 6 you would have to give every Norwich player a 7 because outside of the sending off not one of them played worse than Lingard or Mata.
I think you are just trying to be a dick to be honest.
Well if you'd carried on reading the thread before posting you'd have noticed i'd revised it to 5/10 after watching the match again which unless my eyes deceive me is the same as your score above.

And as for trying to be a dick, I suggest you go back to your original reply, and over an extra 1/10 :rolleyes:

RashyForPM

I genuinely think he’s a decent PL player who is for some reason, playing like a Championship relegation player who wouldn’t even get 5 goals and assists there. We’ve seen what he can do in spells from 2015-18, but it basically never happens now and his last good performance was 1.5 years ago away to Arsenal. It is mysterious and frankly baffling what has happened to his career. What’s worse, his relationship with the fans is toxic. Just look at the abuse he gets on social media. It is vile, for lack of a better word.

For me, he should just take a move to a Championship promotion-chasing team like Fulham or Brentford (providing neither come up this year) and have a go at a lesser league to rebuild his career. He is playing like a Championship relegation player, but it doesn’t mean he is one. He may even thrive with less pressure and analysis on every poor pass, shot or touch made by him. Either way, I wish him all the best, but he certainly has to leave.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What has Andreas dome to get minutes before Lingard? Good thing we have Bruno and Pogba now so we hopefully wont have to suffer watching Lingard and/or Andreas very often anymore.

Out of the two i do prefer Andreas... Andreas atleast takes some risks with passing and shooting eventhough he usually makes the wrong choice.
Andreas was far better than Lingard (and Mata) for the first three months of the season, hence why he was first choice ahead of them. Then he was dropped back into central midfield when we had an injury crisis, and because he was shit in that position he basically hasn't had a chance at the #10 and right wing roles again. He only gets to play in the central midfield these days and obviously he's terrible there. Meanwhile Lingard and Mata continue to be terrible ahead of him (although to be fair Mata did have a few good games right after Bruno joined).

yan man utd

Ok all points taken but this is a lesson to be learned about player management
My opinion is that as a person he has lost his way and part of the reason for that is he has not been managed properly starting with mourinho.
He ran riot on insta and Twitter and got ahead of himself. Then he stupidly made some pathetic excuse of having to help his family (when he had been constantly fooling around like a kid in a sweet shop online for everyone to see)
The result? He has realised what a d*ck he has come across as and it has had a huge impact on his game. He is probably embarrassed!
His Tom foolery off the pitch made the fans take him less seriously and he has had a big wake up call and it’s left a huge weight on his shoulders meaning he plays with even more pressure on him than any other united player - which let’s face it is substantial anyway.
I remember some wonderful performances from him and to say he lacks talent is nonsense. He simply lacks confidence. He has the pace and guile to play anywhere across the furthest forward 4 players of the team. Yes I would rather grealish or any of martial, Bruno, Rashford or even James or pereira on current form, but he is a manc afterall, we should remember that, try to give him a break and encourage him.

If after that he still doesn’t improve, then fine let’s get rid. He needs to have the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders and remember he is an England international and scorer of great goals. He can beat a man, he has pace and assists in him as well as energy and movement.

His downturn in form is due to distractions off the pitch - albeit self inflicted. But he has turned up for United and England with some epic performances. He is 27 not 33. He can do it again. He is afterall one of our own.

come on Jesse keep calm and carry on (but much better please)

United!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Last time he scored a goal in EPL was in December 2018 - brace vs Cardiff
Ole keeps picking him.
Is it possible that Ole doesn't understand that to win a football match, we need to score goals?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He is playing like a Championship relegation player, but it doesn’t mean he is one. He may even thrive with less pressure and analysis on every poor pass, shot or touch made by him. Either way, I wish him all the best, but he certainly has to leave.
If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck - it's a duck.
Sentimentality is what is dragging this club down. Standards are have hit rock bottom and this is just another example.
Scoring 2 league goals in 18 months, for MUFC attacker is unacceptable.
Fergie got rid of Beckham, Stam, RvN. These were absolutely World class players when they were sold and here we are, asking for Lingard to be given a chance? WTF!!!

Lingard is not good enough to play in the EPL. He belongs in the Championship and we should do everything in our power to get him of our wage bill.
Mata and Perreira are 2 other players who are not good enough to play in the EPL.

crossy1686

career ending
What he has done this season to get minutes before Andreas ?
He's gone at the end of the season, unless he pulls form, goals, and assists out of his arse in the next 7 games.

If he doesn't get played in the next set of games it leaves some doubt as to whether he could return to some sort of form after a long break from football. Whereas if we play him, he's in the shop window and Solskjaer knows for sure he's making the right decision by moving him on should he not hit any form.

I can only think that Pereria's future has been decided already, hence the reason he isn't getting game time at all.

DoomSlayer

Ok all points taken but this is a lesson to be learned about player management
My opinion is that as a person he has lost his way and part of the reason for that is he has not been managed properly starting with mourinho.
He ran riot on insta and Twitter and got ahead of himself. Then he stupidly made some pathetic excuse of having to help his family (when he had been constantly fooling around like a kid in a sweet shop online for everyone to see)
The result? He has realised what a d*ck he has come across as and it has had a huge impact on his game. He is probably embarrassed!
His Tom foolery off the pitch made the fans take him less seriously and he has had a big wake up call and it’s left a huge weight on his shoulders meaning he plays with even more pressure on him than any other united player - which let’s face it is substantial anyway.
I remember some wonderful performances from him and to say he lacks talent is nonsense. He simply lacks confidence. He has the pace and guile to play anywhere across the furthest forward 4 players of the team. Yes I would rather grealish or any of martial, Bruno, Rashford or even James or pereira on current form, but he is a manc afterall, we should remember that, try to give him a break and encourage him.

If after that he still doesn’t improve, then fine let’s get rid. He needs to have the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders and remember he is an England international and scorer of great goals. He can beat a man, he has pace and assists in him as well as energy and movement.

His downturn in form is due to distractions off the pitch - albeit self inflicted. But he has turned up for United and England with some epic performances. He is 27 not 33. He can do it again. He is afterall one of our own.

come on Jesse keep calm and carry on (but much better please)

United!
I wish I shared your optimism. I don't see anything left in him for a top club, his career will at best end up similar to Cleverley's.

Fosu-Mens

Imo Lingard has quicker feet, faster and keep possession better. Both are shit though.
Pereira can actually shot and cross. His pure footballing abilities are actually not that bad, it is just that in central roles there are too many variables for him to handle causing him to make bad decisions or becoming stressed.

Lingard can run and in certain situations control the ball at speed. That's it.

Edit: Both have clothing brands...

Strelok

Pereira can actually shot and cross. His pure footballing abilities are actually not that bad, it is just that in central roles there are too many variables for him to handle causing him to make bad decisions or becoming stressed.

Lingard can run and in certain situations control the ball at speed. That's it.

Edit: Both have clothing brands...
Yeah but the percentage of a good one is like 1%.

I've said somewhere here that the issue with Pereira is he has both slow brain and slow feet. His first touch and pressing resistance is shocking. CM or AM or whatever he's crap. We don't even need to mention his decision and vision. He's probably the worst midfielder has ever played for us. Or at least he's up there about.

While Lingard, he actually has good physical attributes. A decent first touch. Average shooting and passing. The only issue with Lingard is his brain. His is probably of a fly.

Fosu-Mens

Yeah but the percentage of a good one is like 1%.

I've said somewhere here that the issue with Pereira is he has both slow brain and slow feet. His first touch and pressing resistance is shocking. CM or AM or whatever he's crap. We don't even need to mention his decision and vision. He's probably the worst midfielder has ever played for us. Or at least he's up there about.

While Lingard, he actually has good physical attributes. A decent first touch. Average shooting and passing. The only issue with Lingard is his brain. His is probably of a fly.
So, you think that based on what we have seen on Lingard and Pereira over the last 12 months, Lingard is the better player and can actually be useful? And in what way is Lingard average at shooting and passing?

Strelok

So, you think that based on what we have seen on Lingard and Pereira over the last 12 months, Lingard is the better player and can actually be useful? And in what way is Lingard average at shooting and passing?
No, I never said that. I only said Lingard has quicker feet, faster and keep possession better. For a better explanation, what I mean was Lingard would do less harm than Pereira if played. Both are shit but Lingard can keep the ball better while Pereira he loses the ball too often and too easily.

About his shooting and passing, it's not bad like Smalling for example. Smalling passing is bad. And of course not any good so average I think.

clarkydaz

He runs around a lot but doesnt really want the ball. Just kinda floats around in the vicinity. I remember Brunos first game at Old Trafford already bollocking Lingard for not showing for his passes

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He runs around a lot but doesnt really want the ball. Just kinda floats around in the vicinity. I remember Brunos first game at Old Trafford already bollocking Lingard for not showing for his passes
I agree with this, he has no confidence anymore and when he receives the ball in a dangerous position and starts running he almost always tries to draw the foul.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was mentioned on the Total Football Weekly podcast (I think by Daniel Storey) that Brighton were looking to loan Jesse Lingard next season. He joined them as a loan player some years ago.

This podcast is affiliated with The Athletic, which is why it might be credible on transfers.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He has been doing that for a while now. His so called world class movement is now used to run away from the ball or get into positions where he can play a safe ball sideways.

He still runs a lot like he used to do but it doesnt benefit the team much. Besides that the praise he got when he wasnt completely useless because of so called movement was way over the top too.

Very average player who is very lucky he came from the academy during a period that Manchester United hasnt been good. He is a midtable player at the very best.
I was having this argument on another thread and wanted to check it wasn’t just me being harsh. I think the last game I thought wow he’s really moving well but not being found was in 2018. Last year and this he seems to have dropped off a knife edge.

I think Lingard coming through now wouldn’t get a look in. I liked him back in 2016 we all love a trier but he’s progressively turned into a liability and offensive black hole.
I agree with you although it has been the same for most of the season.
I wonder if he gets the right instructions on how to move or if he just does it himself.
He is not alone in not making the best runs we have seen the same with Martial and Rashford too.
I was trying to be fair and nice but I just don’t see it anymore in him. He’s really dropped off.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We will add another attacker. I think the writing is on the wall.

Last edited:

van Nistelrooy

I'm finding so much more respect for Ole as a manager by leaving Lingard out of the match squad altogether.

Hopefully he wouldn't bow down and give him game time. Get this joker shifted!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jesse,

Thanks for the FA Cup and that 3 months in 2017 when you looked pretty good, but it’s time to go.

Cash + Jesse for Grealish? Hed look pretty good in the Championship.

RedDevilUnited369

Left out the squad again today. For some reason I don’t think he will be sold.

Im leaning towards tough love approach from Ole and given a chance if we confirm top 4 early.

It will be genius if it works.

manunited1919

We need to sell him. Period. The only question is whether there is a team that would be interested in him. Maybe Ole can talk to Molde...

Status
Not open for further replies.