4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

van Nistelrooy

Left out the squad again today. For some reason I don’t think he will be sold.

Im leaning towards tough love approach from Ole and given a chance if we confirm top 4 early.

It will be genius if it works.
The absences from the matchday squads is always an obvious indicator that the 'writing is on the wall' for a player if they're fit to play. However, you mention a point which could actually become a true nightmare!

Say whatever you like about me as a United fan, but for the past few games I've actually rushed to the released line-ups just to see whether Lingard has been selected (even on the bench) or not. To my delight, he has been absent. This isn't because I have a vendetta against the guy, it's simply because I know after watching him in the first team for the past five seasons, I know that he is just not good enough to represent Manchester United.

His antics and social media lifestyle annoy the hell out of me, but it is his clear inability as a Premier League footballer that annoys the crap out of me.

I really do fear that Ole will allow Lingard yet another way in. I would expect the cups competitions are the most likely way back into the side, but with only games against potential big sides in the FA Cup and the Europa League all taking place after the domestic season in August, there is no reason for Lingard to appear in a United shirt again.

Please sell Lingard.

Matty7

His antics and social media lifestyle annoy the hell out of me, but it is his clear inability as a Premier League footballer that annoys the crap out of me.
About an hour before kick off he was out in his car with a load of 12 year old kids off the street in it. He was just posing for photos etc and letting them sit in his car telling them to rev it up etc... Glad to see he's found people with a similar mind set to hang out with. Also so much for social distancing!

Maybe I'm just getting old and this stuff annoys me now!

van Nistelrooy

About an hour before kick off he was out in his car with a load of 12 year old kids off the street in it. He was just posing for photos etc and letting them sit in his car telling them to rev it up etc... Glad to see he's found people with a similar mind set to hang out with. Also so much for social distancing!

Maybe I'm just getting old and this stuff annoys me now!
Are you serious? Have you anything to back this up with?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's finished here. Just don't know if it will be a slow death.

Matty7

wasn’t he supposed to be watching the game to analyse things and support the team?
He's since added another snap saying that this was from 3 years ago. I assume he was getting a bit of abuse over it, but he might just be trying to cover himself now as the timestamp shows it from today. Either way he needs to grow up and stop.

He's finished here now anyways, so long as we find a buyer.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is on high wages, circa 100k a week. What lesser club can afford to pay him that?

crossy1686

career ending
He is on high wages, circa 100k a week. What lesser club can afford to pay him that?
This is why he'll go abroad and Raiola will manage to get him a pay rise or parity somehow.

The only scenario that see's him still at United next season is if we can't find a buyer and he won't join Rochdale. We will most likely loan him out with an option to buy, surely Inter are interested?

White Fury

Having this guy out of the starting 11 and not even on the bench feels like a new signing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wasn't he Ole's favourite? I mean going by few posters I thought Ole had Lingard's posters in his bedroom.

Since we signed Bruno, Lingard played 2 mins in PL and in most games he didn't even make the bench.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Wasn't he Ole's favourite? I mean going by few posters I thought Ole had Lingard's posters in his bedroom.

Since we signed Bruno, Lingard played 2 mins in PL and in most games he didn't even make the bench.
It did seem like that in the beginning when he persisted with him for far longer than he should have. Some of those minutes could have been given to Gomes.

RedTiger

Half mast
I hate to post in the thread of someone who wasn't even in the match squad but I can invision him wearing the Dortmund colours next season. Hopefully as part of the deal to bring Sancho here.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It did seem like that in the beginning when he persisted with him for far longer than he should have. Some of those minutes could have been given to Gomes.
Had we signed Bruno in the summer then Lingard's mins would have been even less. I think he played as it was choice between him and Pereira. Yeah Gomes should have got few more chances, maybe they thought he wasnt ready and needed time (I don't agree with that, just assuming that might the reason as players like Chong also got mins)

Mr Smith

The absences from the matchday squads is always an obvious indicator that the 'writing is on the wall' for a player if they're fit to play. However, you mention a point which could actually become a true nightmare!

Say whatever you like about me as a United fan, but for the past few games I've actually rushed to the released line-ups just to see whether Lingard has been selected (even on the bench) or not. To my delight, he has been absent. This isn't because I have a vendetta against the guy, it's simply because I know after watching him in the first team for the past five seasons, I know that he is just not good enough to represent Manchester United.

I really do fear that Ole will allow Lingard yet another way in. I would expect the cups competitions are the most likely way back into the side, but with only games against potential big sides in the FA Cup and the Europa League all taking place after the domestic season in August, there is no reason for Lingard to appear in a United shirt again.

Please sell Lingard.
The content of your post would suggest otherwise.

I think this is a disgraceful attitude towards a player who, regardless how bad he's played in the last 18 months, has still made significant contributions in his time here (remember the FA Cup final?)

I also hope Lingard is sold, but for his own sake. His confidence is rock-bottom and he needs a chance to reinvent himself. But I think its remarkably small-minded to be worrying about whether Lingard is in the squad (not even the starting 11, the matchday squad!) when there are so many things to be positive about with United right now.

Honestly, check your attitude.

pixel

If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck - it's a duck.
Sentimentality is what is dragging this club down. Standards are have hit rock bottom and this is just another example.
Scoring 2 league goals in 18 months, for MUFC attacker is unacceptable.
Fergie got rid of Beckham, Stam, RvN. These were absolutely World class players when they were sold and here we are, asking for Lingard to be given a chance? WTF!!!

Lingard is not good enough to play in the EPL. He belongs in the Championship and we should do everything in our power to get him of our wage bill.
Mata and Perreira are 2 other players who are not good enough to play in the EPL.
Spot On.

Tiber

I hate to post in the thread of someone who wasn't even in the match squad but I can invision him wearing the Dortmund colours next season. Hopefully as part of the deal to bring Sancho here.
I suppose Dortmund have a reserve team

Revan

Assumptionman
Why on Earth, BVB would want him? They are easily as good as us if not better. How does it make sense for them to sign Lingard?

Strelok

Why on Earth, BVB would want him? They are easily as good as us if not better. How does it make sense for them to sign Lingard?
Imo as bad as Lingard is, he actually has good physical attributes, a decent first touch and average shooting passing. The only issue with Lingard is he has a slow brain. Imo he may do well in a slower and more space available league like the Bundes. Only potential issue with this deal is his wages though.

Bojan11

Imo as bad as Lingard is, he actually has good physical attributes, a decent first touch and average shooting passing. The only issue with Lingard is he has a slow brain. Imo he may do well in a slower and more space available league like the Bundes. Only potential issue with this deal is his wages though.
Average passing and shooting? Who are you describing? Certainly not a guy who hasn’t had assist or goal for ages because even average players manage that. Look at Delle Alli that’s average and he scored 8 goals. Lingard is below Alli.

Strelok

Average passing and shooting? Who are you describing? Certainly not a guy who hasn’t had assist or goal for ages because even average players manage that. Look at Delle Alli that’s average and he scored 8 goals. Lingard is below Alli.
Uhh I don't like Alli but his passing and shooting was pretty good. Don't watch him lately though.

Average is the best way I can find to describe Lingard's passing and shooting. It's not bad like Smalling for example. Smalling passing is bad. But it's not any good either so average I think ?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Uhh I don't like Alli but his passing and shooting was pretty good. Don't watch him lately though.

Average is the best way I can find to describe Lingard's passing and shooting. It's not bad like Smalling for example. Smalling passing is bad. But it's not any good either so average I think ?
His passing is definitely below average.

-Supreme-

You can't compare passing and shooting ability between a CB and attacking midfielder as their responsibilities are completely different.

Lingards passing and shooting ability for a attacking midfielder is below average without a doubt.

Skeezix

I am not for flogging a dead horse! But Jesse Lingard isn't missed one bit.

I really like the fact that he is not the main man (or goal scorer) during this run of good form. I dread seeing Mason Greenwood Dabbing or Milly Rocking.
It is such a relief to see United (ala Greenwood) scoring terrific goals and the celebrations are just simple run back to the touchline (for an equaliser), fist pump or knee slides and team celebrations (like United of the old).

Call me old fashioned (I'm still young, i think) but I really dislike that phase of our goal celebrations where we were becoming like Arsenal where the Goal celebrations were becoming too pompous and grand (with dancing and what not) compared to the number of goals scored/wins/achievements. And I suspect Lingard is a big culprit in improving the dance moves of our players (even Ashley Young started dancing when Lingard scored :lol: ).

Not against dancing per se, but leave that for the dressing room, dance floor and night clubs.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is not just a poor player, his personality is equally annoying. Hence Ole has no use for him anymore. Good riddance

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I still think he'll be a good Prem footballer for someone like Palace. Just needs to get his confidence back a bit.

Oldyella

He should be looking abroad. A clean slate will help him I reckon. Rock up to another Prem club and hes just going to be known as a Utd reject. And not sure he has the mentality to disprove it like a Butt or Neville.

Matriac

I still see it as unlikely that Lingard will leave this year, unless he lands a long-term contract with a PL club not too far away in physical distance from Manchester.
I believe Italy is out of the question for many seasons more.
Most likely he'll stay till next summer, hope his extension is triggered as a loyal backup, if not then next summer find a club in the Midlands area willing to sign him on a free.

This due his family obligations that I described in the post below from May.

(That said, as things are now I definitely wouldn't mind if he leaves soon, just seems unlikely to me.)

I don't see it as likely that Lingard will leave this summer. The only chance would be if a team offers him a solid longterm contract. (Newcastle?)

With his family situation, his mum being ill and him helping take care of his younger siblings (14 and 11 in December at least). His younger brother even living with him.
He also has a 1 year old daughter with someone he's no longer together with, so it's unlikely that the mother and child would move to be close to Jesse.

Lingard would want to stay close to his family for as long as possible to help out. His contract runs out in 2021 so he has no big incentive to move at this point, unless maybe he could move the entire family to a new place with a long-term plan.

He might hope that if he sticks his head down this year he could become a decent enough squad option for us to trigger his 1 year extension further, or maybe even offered a new contract. United being a club that focuses on being a family might help him further in this case since he's a local lad.

Has he been delivering well enough on the pitch in the past 2(?) years? No. Was he behaving twattish in the public eye for a while? Yes, but you could argue that many would act out when you're in the situation he was in with his family issues. Nonetheless it seems he has cooled it all down in the past year, having gotten the criticism, and talks with Ole and rest of the club.

He'll still be a jokester with his teammates, as that seems to be his personality. But I think our little Jessie is growing up maturity-wise by having to take on more responsibilities.

He's less likely to care about playing time at this point, so he wouldn't move for just that. I think he will see out his contract, and if he can't get an extension from us he'll hope to land a deal with a Midlands club or similar to be able to stay close to family so his siblings won't have to move at this point.
If it was just him (and daughter) to focus on he might have hoped his daughter is so young that she won't remember much, and opt for a few years in Italy if the right offer came through, but I see it as unlikely that he'll either move away from his family or bring them along on an uncertain journey, especially after having seen countries in lockdown.

Don't expect to see Jesse feature in many starting lineups any time soon (maybe cups), but you can expect to see him stay with the club through next year, and maybe even further if he manages to fill the backup squad option to an adequate level.

LVGSdive

I am not for flogging a dead horse! But Jesse Lingard isn't missed one bit.

I really like the fact that he is not the main man (or goal scorer) during this run of good form. I dread seeing Mason Greenwood Dabbing or Milly Rocking.
It is such a relief to see United (ala Greenwood) scoring terrific goals and the celebrations are just simple run back to the touchline (for an equaliser), fist pump or knee slides and team celebrations (like United of the old).

Call me old fashioned (I'm still young, i think) but I really dislike that phase of our goal celebrations where we were becoming like Arsenal where the Goal celebrations were becoming too pompous and grand (with dancing and what not) compared to the number of goals scored/wins/achievements. And I suspect Lingard is a big culprit in improving the dance moves of our players (even Ashley Young started dancing when Lingard scored :lol: ).

Not against dancing per se, but leave that for the dressing room, dance floor and night clubs.
My favourite Jesse moment was the moonwalk celebration away at the Emirates with Arsenal fans watching on angrily in the background.

In general I agree with you that I don't care for dancing celebrations but that moment made up for it.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He's being phased out little by little.

Ole gave him chances, he didn't capitalise on it and found himself as backups backup.

Should've been out of the club long time ago, he's nowhere near quality wise to be part of it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He's being phased out little by little.

Ole gave him chances, he didn't capitalise on it and found himself as backups backup.

Should've been out of the club long time ago, he's nowhere near quality wise to be part of it.
For sure, he knows it too, hence getting a new agent. He won’t be here much longer.

Prodigal7

I'm convinced the only reason he's been kept on for so long is that we didn't have enough fellow academy lads of quality, like Rashford etc to maintain the 1st team ties to the local area. Maybe it was right to keep him on and maybe not but we need to get rid.
I never look at players' snapchat, IG etc but I just saw that car thing is just infantile crap. Local lads are supposed to set a positive culture as a club benchmark, not act like juvenile 12 year olds. Lingard, Ravel, Pogba are hardly role models and we need to walk the talk of creating good human beings. Maybe Pogba is now maturing at the ripe age of 27....
Rashford looks like a good example of doing this right, at least publicly. Fully onboard with Ole when he said we need a change in culture at the club. Bruno is the model professional not just on the pitch but with his personal integrity and character off the pitch too. If everyone was like Bruno just in terms mentality then I reckon we'd be challenging in the top 4 from the beginning of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.