4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

He gets a lot of hate. To be honest he’s just an average player. Not at the level we should be at. Overstayed because he’s local.
It's nothing to do with loyalty from him rather our generosity towards substandard players and it's not just extended towards academy products rather it's applicable to most of our signings as well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should leave for his own good, just take Smalling as example, he isn't doing any better than he was at ManUtd but he doesn't get lot of stick from the fans and Roma fans love him (at least used to love him before the break). Lingard likewise should move on where he can play regularly.

AshRK

I'm sure he's doing his best for his family but if you get paid millions to be a professional athlete or CEO of a massive company then your family problems mean shit.
Lingard seems to not want to put football as his top priority and his choice of agent indicates that. I doubt the guy would bat an eyelid if he was demoted to the reserves as long as he gets to have a laugh with the boys at the clubs expense and the supporters patience.
Exactly this. He seems to be that type of person who even after a loss would go to rashford and say let us play fifa man, we will win next game. It's not attacking lingard the human being but lingard the footballer is not good enough.

Kostov

He has never been a creator or a baller but part of me wonders how he would be like in this current team. He has been a squad player (which meant he want a squad player) who has enjoyed too many starts over the years because of how bad the team was. Same has happened to Daniel James who a lot of people have turned on over the season.

Not advocating for his stay but just wondering how he would look like in a functional team. If his movement is anything like in 2017 he could be useful as a squad player in the current team.
He would look the usual limited
Nah, anybody with a sensible understanding of football knows there is, and always has been more to football than just stats. "Oh he hasn't scored for 17 games, oh he hasn't scored for 22 games ....
Yes you are absolutely right there is much more than stats. I was saying the same thing back in Lingard’s best season, a number 10 that has movement and running as his best attributes was always going to be found out. Lingard always was a very very limited player.

Revaulx

A few of our former players should engage their brains before talking anything United, and didn't he say a Few? Is there more than one Jesse?
Now this I do agree with. I’m looking forward to seeing the back of Lingard because he’s been shit for ages, but pompously insinuating that he “doesn’t play for the badge” is completely without foundation.

hobbers

Lingard has never and obviously will never be good enough to be a squad player or backup player here, he is far too technically and physically limited. The only things that have perpetuated that notion of him being a reasonable squad player are the decaying of expectations and sentimentalism for academy players. He's somewhere between Tunnicliffe and Darron Gibson in the realms of ability.

Prodigal7

Now this I do agree with. I’m looking forward to seeing the back of Lingard because he’s been shit for ages, but pompously insinuating that he “doesn’t play for the badge” is completely without foundation.
That comment is based on your inside knowledge as a Manchester United ambassador I’m assuming?

GiddyUp

Pretty sure he plays for his logo. If he had any clue about this club or wanted to stay and fight he wouldn't have hired Mino Raoila pretty much the same time that cnut was tarnishing the name of the club when we are at our lowest to anyone who would listen. feck Jesse Lingard and I will enjoy watching his career go down the toilet.

gajender

Local not loyal!
My bad misread that but United do have a habit of keeping underperforming players whether they are local or transferred unless they want to move we usually don't force them out like other teams.

Revaulx

That comment is based on your inside knowledge as a Manchester United ambassador I’m assuming?
Well all I can tell is that while Jesse may be a bit of a tit there's nothing to suggest he isn't fully dedicated to working hard for the club both on and off the pitch. He seems to do more than his fair share of "ambassadorial" work (hospital visits etc.) so I'm not sure what your point is.

Or are you alluding to Schmeichel's role as Club Ambassador? Surely it's an ambassador's job to big up all aspects of the entity he's representing, not slag them off? How do we know whether he "played for the badge" any more than Jesse? He did end up at City, but he was crap by them so I suppose you could argue that he undertook that move for United's benefit :)
Pretty sure he plays for his logo. If he had any clue about this club or wanted to stay and fight he wouldn't have hired Mino Raoila pretty much the same time that cnut was tarnishing the name of the club when we are at our lowest to anyone who would listen. feck Jesse Lingard and I will enjoy watching his career go down the toilet.
Yeah I can't stand Raiola either but Jesse is (or was at the time) big mates with Pogba. It's understandable that he wanted the same agent as a pal that he respects.

Whatever. I'll be delighted when he's no longer a United player, but I really can't understand all the bitterness.

Prodigal7

Well all I can tell is that while Jesse may be a bit of a tit there's nothing to suggest he isn't fully dedicated to working hard for the club both on and off the pitch. He seems to do more than his fair share of "ambassadorial" work (hospital visits etc.) so I'm not sure what your point is.

Or are you alluding to Schmeichel's role as Club Ambassador? Surely it's an ambassador's job to big up all aspects of the entity he's representing, not slag them off? How do we know whether he "played for the badge" any more than Jesse? He did end up at City, but he was crap by them so I suppose you could argue that he undertook that move for United's benefit :)

Yeah I can't stand Raiola either but Jesse is (or was at the time) big mates with Pogba. It's understandable that he wanted the same agent as a pal that he respects.

Whatever. I'll be delighted when he's no longer a United player, but I really can't understand all the bitterness.
The role of a club ambassador is to do the clubs PR for them. If Pete is saying this it's because the club want him too, that's the job.
Rather than criticize a man who's done infinitely more for this club than Jesse Lingard, as some are doing, perhaps we should understand that he knows the situation better than we do and the club are saying this for a reason. An ambassador is by definition an extension of the club.

klayton88

Ole can build build build all he wants but while this clown and Jones are still picking up a wage from us I'll never see us as a 'new' United.

Tony247

I really hope this true. They might not look so poor when paired with players of a similar ability. Jones is a liability, I'm almost waiting for him to mess up whenever I see him in the starting line up or coming on a sub. Lingard, on the other hand, hasn't done anything in years and just doesn't cut it in the team that Ole is trying to create.
Some WHU fans now praying they get relagated...

ManRed

Ole can build build build all he wants but while this clown and Jones are still picking up a wage from us I'll never see us as a 'new' United.
Supporting the club and calling our player a clown is disrespectful, he might not be the most talented but he did win us the FA Cup.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
First thing that springs to mind it that Schmeichel must have a bit of inside information here. Very specific rant, that. Then again, I do find it a bit odd if he's actually doing his job as United ambassador, as in: calling out (albeit anonymously) players in an interview with the full blessing of the club.

Doesn't strike me as an Ole era thing, really. Seems to me that Ole (personally, at least) prefers to handle things quietly and behind closed doors. He'd rather give the impression that certain players are rated highly (working hard, being professional, etc.) - and then ship them out when a deal is in place.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
So that's the expiration date of your loyalty/support? 4 years or less.
Macheda scored 2 winning goals to bring us the EPL Title.
Is he as cherished as Lingard is for his FA Cup winning goal?
If he doesn't leave now he'll go on a free next year. Don't think Ole's dumb enough to give him a new contract

klayton88

So that's the expiration date of your loyalty/support? 4 years or less.
/
Tell me something he's done for the club in the last 4 years apart from collect millions and score a handful of goals in nothing games?

georgipep

Macheda scored 2 winning goals to bring us the EPL Title.
Is he as cherished as Lingard is for his FA Cup winning goal?
If he doesn't leave now he'll go on a free next year. Don't think Ole's dumb enough to give him a new contract
/
Tell me something he's done for the club in the last 4 years apart from collect millions and score a handful of goals in nothing games?
I also don't think he'll get a new contract, nor he has done much to deserve our adollation in the last 12-18 months. My issue is with the "clown" and other insults thrown at him all the time. An underperforming player is not a clown. People may dislike his private affairs, including his clothing brand but that doesn't mean he's a clown. Unless you mean it in the jolly, entertaining, makes people laugh way, but I doubt it.

Robbie Boy

Come on... He's not THAT bad. He's probably not United quality any more, but I still think he can deliver for a strong mid-table cup who are pushing for Europa.
I mean, his form has been absolutely atrocious for a long while now and given his relatively high wages, I can't see a long list of suitors queuing up to sign him. If, and it's a huge if, he could somehow find some form again, then he might be a useful signing for somebody.

However, I was more referring to the teams you mentioned: Newcastle are due to be taken over by the Saudis and will be looking to make statement signings, there's no way they'll sign Lingard. A comparable player already there would be Matt Rictchie and I imagine he's the exact type of player they'll be looking to move on. Everton already have players like Bernard and Iwobi in attacking positions who are all work and little end product. It seems highly unlikely they'll add Lingard to their ranks.

I think more realistic teams would be Burnley as Dyche looks first and foremost for players who'll work their bollox off and if he does that, he won't be expected to put up any decent numbers for goals or assists. West Ham would be an option if Moyes stays maybe and outside of that you would be looking at the prompted teams.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He's an expensive passenger at this stage.
He should go to an Italian club. That will suit him more.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Did you mean to highlight/bolden that part of the post and forget, or has the original post been edited?

Anyho, didn't he score 2 in very few matches recently?
I did bold that part when replying, don't know if I've done it right though :D

As for Lingard, 2 goals in a season while playing only attacking positions is beyond pathetic for a United player. Sooner he's gone the better.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
He's gone. Ole's position will be that the limited game time he gets is better suited to a youth player trying to push into the first team squad.

I feel for him, but he's brought this on himself. Given every chance under Ole to cement his place in the squad, but he's failed to deliver or improve and that is enough for it to be lights out on his United career.

To put it in perspective, Greenwood has scored nearly half as many goals in his breakout season, than Jesse has in his entire first team career (at United). Lingard is 27.

dalriada

He gets a lot of hate. To be honest he’s just an average player. Not at the level we should be at. Overstayed because he’s local.
I'm not sure that "local" comes into it in Lingard's case. We do naturally like it when a proper "local" lad, like Rashford or Williams or Scholes, succeeds, but Lingard is from Warrington, and as a Mancunian I wouldn't count that really as local or regard it as giving him any special licence - at least no more than, say, Jones, who's from Preston.
He definitely gets a lot of hate, as distinct from criticism, and that's wrong, but I think it's time for him to go.

Red Stone

Norwegian newspaper VG had this to say in their live tracker: "Lingard shoots. It went exactly as you'd expect."

edgecutter

Before anyone needlessly slags him off... He was prefectly fine when he came on.
He offered nothing. This guy is on around 100k and people are fine with him running around, not creating and hiding when we are struggling. I only started to notice him with the last few minutes when we were cruising to the final whistle. Ole needs to stop wasting minutes on this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.