4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManRed

Was keeping it simple and tracked down a few players which led to throw ins. Not a world beater but did his job.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I suspect he did exactly what was asked of him.

Get around the place, inject some energy, keep it simple.

All good.

Art

Art the artist
Good cameo. Needs to do more of the same for more clubs to be interested in him in the summer. You don't sign with Mino Raiola to sign a contract extension at United.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He offered nothing. This guy is on around 100k and people are fine with him running around, not creating and hiding when we are struggling. I only started to notice him with the last few minutes when we were cruising to the final whistle. Ole needs to stop wasting minutes on this guy.
He was put on as a defensive sub to get about the pitch and help AWB. He largely did just that. Nothing he did was bad so any hate he gets here is clearly based on things other then this actual match.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He offered nothing. This guy is on around 100k and people are fine with him running around, not creating and hiding when we are struggling. I only started to notice him with the last few minutes when we were cruising to the final whistle. Ole needs to stop wasting minutes on this guy.
That’s not true... I mean look I don’t want him at the club anymore but tonight he came on, pressed well played forward made good runs and made space for others with those runs.

He hid the last game but not today. Absolutely nothing wrong with his performance.

Based Adnan

He ran a lot and tracked Palace runners but his deficiencies going forward are obvious to see

eire-red

Kept the ball better than if James had come on. Still, no cutting edge or danger whatsoever. But handy in a game like this when you just need an experienced head with fresh legs.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's true in most of his matches this season, but he was fine this time. He was regularly moving into space to receive the ball and making runs to create options, plus he did well with his pressing. Decent cameo.

Devil81

Think his cameo tells you all you need to know about Daniel James, he's looked terrible whenever he's come on and Ole clearly feels Lingard could be a better option.

I'd agree as well, not a huge fan of Lingard but he's far better than James.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Did ok, ran around a lot in true Jesse style.
Which was what was required of him today.

Tough gig today, knowing he’s on the way out, but then again, he’s being paid 100k per week basically on gardening leave so I’m glad he had the professionalism to put in a shift. Good work if you can get it!

Fracture90

Think his cameo tells you all you need to know about Daniel James, he's looked terrible whenever he's come on and Ole clearly feels Lingard could be a better option.

Thing is, James is at least trying to do something, take on a player or create an opening for a shot, whilst all Lingard does is passing the ball backwards...

Alemar

I don’t like Lingard, but he was not shite today. He did the job well enough.

Red00012

So I guess we know who’s going to be the new public enemy number 1 when Jesse leaves

Mindhunter

I have a soft corner for him as he is a home grown kid but what's the need to acknowledge that he didn't have a shitty performance? He is on a lot of wages and the minimum he should do is to not be shit when being called upon. Really we should be focussing on players who will be here long term.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Are people being serious? 'Really good cameo'? 'Well done'? Have expectations of a united attacker dropped so low. If by really good you mean he didn't notably feck anything up then yes it was really good. Still carried absolutely zero goal threat and was more interested in going backwards

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Are people being serious? 'Really good cameo'? 'Well done'? Have expectations of a united attacker dropped so low. If by really good you mean he didn't notably feck anything up then yes it was really good. Still carried absolutely zero goal threat and was more interested in going backwards
That's literally what he was brought on to do... You are criticising him for doing what Ole wanted him to do.

We were very sloppy in possession and they were getting in constantly down our right side. We needed to keep the ball better and help AWB down that side... Jesse came on, put the effort in, completed 100% of his passes. Job done.

We looked way more solid with him and Matic on the pitch, Rashford and Martial were playing well and looking dangerous already, we didn't need to bring on people to attack /create.

Sometimes you need people to just be functional. Over a whole seasons you obviously expect more, but in this specific situation it was exactly what was needed.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
That's literally what he was brought on to do... You are criticising him for doing what Ole wanted him to do.

We were very sloppy in possession and they were getting in constantly down our right side. We needed to keep the ball better and help AWB down that side... Jesse came on, put the effort in, completed 100% of his passes. Job done.

We looked way more solid with him and Matic on the pitch, Rashford and Martial were playing well and looking dangerous already, we didn't need to bring on people to attack /create.

Sometimes you need people to just be functional. Over a whole seasons you obviously expect more, but in this specific situation it was exactly what was needed.
Fair enough that he came on, ran around a lot and passed the ball to his nearest teammate but its not enough to get me off my seat and think it was a good attacking performance.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Fair enough that he came on, ran around a lot and passed the ball to his nearest teammate but its not enough to get me off my seat and think it was a good attacking performance.
It wasn't, and no one has said it was. It was a fine and functional performance in the more defensive/safe role that he was brought on for.

Put it this way, say we had a like for like replacement for Mason sat on the bench, you wouldn't have brought him on because that wouldn't have done anything to help AWB cope with Zaha/PVA who were causing us problems.

If Martial and Rashford were having a bad day then yeah, we'd have needed someone to contribute up top, but they were both on it, so we didn't.

Web of Bissaka

Yeah, he did his job today to keep control of possession by playing safe and run around a lot covering grounds hassling Palace players. The team need that seeing how Palace is actually controlling the game - only with Matic with Lingard providing the legs we were able to fought for control.

My fear is that this will meant we're keeping him even longer seeing he can do the job.

Prepare yourself guys, we will be having another 2-3 seasons with Lingard.

Walters_19_MuFc

Lingard is a safe player. Did nothing special, but I felt his introduction helped us keep possession a bit more just when Palace started to look dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.