4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallCaine

With more subs allowed next year, us being in the Champions League, condensed schedule etc. I don't think he's going anywhere unless he asks for a move.

I may be wrong but it feels like he is well liked by other players which helps the dressing room. He may not be world class but he can pitch in and good option from the bench at times

I don't want him starting many games, but I wouldn't want to see him leave unless an offer was too good or he genuinely wanted to
How does he pitch in exactly? He has played 900 mins of PL football for the huge return of 1 goal. Being well liked should not be the minimum requirement for a guy to be paid a 100k. The fact that David moyes might be interested in making an offer is great news, we should be accepting it if it comes. Also the whole sell only if offer too high to reject or if player wants to move is something a club does for its best players not for its worst ones.

Amarsdd

Hope he finds a club where he can resurrect his career. He's had a bad couple of seasons, but he came through the academy, has been a good servant to the club and has also provided some very memorable moments in the bad period for the club.

buckooo1978

delighted that he will be able to leave on a real positive and who knows he might play a part in Europa

I think lately we've seen a more humble Lingard with less focus on social media. Hopefully he can bring that attitude to his next club and there's no reason why he can't have a really good career

Milo2035

I love it when 2 fellow academy alumnis Mensah and Williams ran up to celebrate him with so much joy, followed by Ighalo. They're United players, but first and foremost, they're childhood fans. They're living the dreams.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good that he finally scored, whole team celebrated with him including De Gea.

norm87cro

Fact is he's not good enough but that being said he will always have the winner against Crystal Palace in the cup final.

Devil may care

I didn't realize he hadn't scored in the PL since December 2018 must have been a couple of cup goals in between. It's nothing personal he just simply isn't good enough and we'd get decent money from his sale to a mid table team.

onemanarmy

I was happy for him when he scored. I agree it's time to move on though. He can continue his career at a decent mid-table team for years to come. When he'll retire some day, he can probably look back and be very happy with his career. English international, playing for Man Utd for all these years...

OJKernow

If that was his last PL appearance for the club, then I'm delighted that he got himself on the score sheet. I imagine we will see some more of him in the Europa League games as Ole looks to rotate and give some players the rest they clearly need.

He's had a really rough time both on and off the pitch these last 12 months, and after revealing his personal struggles I was really disappointed (but sadly not surprised) at the shocking lack of empathy shown by our own fan base to one of our own. No doubt, on the pitch he hasn't been good enough this year, I can't argue with that, but he is a human being, and in the current climate when so many are struggling mentally, I'd hope that some people would open their eyes and understand that having money, and a career that most of us could only ever dream of, doesn't always mean that someone isn't struggling with something behind closed doors.

If he is to leave, I wish him all the best and hope he finds a club, and set of supporters that treat him better than we have over the last year. If he was to stay, I fully support him and hope he gets back to being something like the useful squad player we saw a few seasons ago.

Depends on who else we can bring in. We know he’s not been good enough, but we will have a lot of games next season, and clearly he’s no longer a first team regular.

I would have thought Mata is off on a free back to Spain for a swan song, Andres doesn’t look like he’s got a future - so there will be games even if we get in Sancho.

Kostov

Happy for him to be frank, I just hope that's a farewell goal and adds some value to us selling him to Aston Villa or something.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Happy for him to be frank, I just hope that's a farewell goal and adds some value to us selling him to Aston Villa or something.
WOW

The absolute disrespect, how can you say that about your own clubs player?

izzydiggler

WOW

Hoping someone leaves is hardly disrespectful...it’s also not some ‘make a wish’ charity for Lingard. He’s poor, has been for years and I can’t wait to see the back of him.

Hulme91

What his small minority of continued defenders say about him tells you all you need to know
He runs around a lot.. He's popular in the dressing room.. He's an academy player etc etc
I expect more than the class clown act for a 100k/w footballer at Manchester United tbh

lex talionis

I don’t have a problem with keeping Lingard to come on in garbage time to close out a lead for the win, but he was gash before his personal problems if we’re going to be honest. He had a great 2-3 month run three seasons ago, but he’s just not good enough to cover for Bruno.

The personal problems he’s dealing with are real, but he somehow carved out plenty of time to brand himself and launch a clothing line. These are not the things one does as a serious footballer, unless one has already proved himself on the pitch and carving out a career after football. If he’s willing to drop that crap and commit himself in training let’s keep him for deep cover, but we need to upgrade Bruno’s backup whether a Jesse stays or goes.

SAFMUTD

I am fine with him staying if we don’t bring in any replacement. That would be mad to do in a long season.
Ole proved that having Lingard, Mata, Pereira etc is as good as not having anyone.

They barelely got minutes even with a squad that was exhausted and playing every three days.

That whole can be easily filled with someone from the academy.

Matriac

I wouldn't be sad if he left, in fact I'd be happy for him if he can get a decent contract somewhere to feature more regularly. But he's also not the first person I'd like to see get pushed out the door. Maybe 6th. He can still play a role for another season.

Sylar

Happy for him. Whether he plays or not isnt the question for me, I do think we need to replace him though. If we can find somebody better than him for the squad, that would be good (and allow Bruno to rest where needed)

Stadjer

Ole proved that having Lingard, Mata, Pereira etc is as good as not having anyone.

They barelely got minutes even with a squad that was exhausted and playing every three days.

Because an exhausted Bruno is more likely to score or assist than Lingard. Ole needed results and the non scoring non assisting not creating anything players like Lingard, Mata and Pereira wont bring results. When Ole did have to play them there were topics about relegation and the results/form and playstyle actually were relegation-like.

Ditch all three and get one player back who is atleast nearing Bruno in terms of quality and the team would be better off in my opinion.

SAFMUTD

Because an exhausted Bruno is more likely to score or assist than Lingard. Ole needed results and the non scoring non assisting not creating anything players like Lingard, Mata and Pereira wont bring results. When Ole did have to play them there were topics about relegation and the results/form and playstyle actually were relegation-like.

Ditch all three and get one player back who is atleast nearing Bruno in terms of quality and the team would be better off in my opinion.
totally agree, thats my point there's no use in keeping Lingard even as a squad member. People say "squad member" as is their job was only to fill the place with bodies. No, squad members should be valuable as well, players that can come in and make a difference, give the coach alternatives or at least be reliable.

Lingard, Mata, Pereira are not squad members, they are deadwood and we should sell them right away.

LoneStar

Yeah he played the best players because it was high stakes. If you think we can go throughout a full season (with CL) with only the starting 11, our season will be over by January.

I have no problem selling him if we buy someone. But if we don’t, we absolutely can’t sell all of Mata, Periera and Lingard and get away with it. Out of those 3, Lingard is better.

SAFMUTD

Yeah he played the best players because it was high stakes. If you think we can go throughout a full season (with CL) with only the starting 11, our season will be over by January.

I have no problem selling him if we buy someone. But if we don’t, we absolutely can’t sell all of Mata, Periera and Lingard and get away with it. Out of those 3, Lingard is better.
I dont think its a healthy way to approach it, but I think Ole its capable of doing it. He has proved that the system doesnt work, or the performances drops dramatically at least, unless we have our starting XI at full strenght. If he was willing to play the same XI for every match every three days for the last 8 games I think he is more than capable than play with the same XI if playing every week on average. Eventually players will get injured but that happened last season as well, Ole doesnt seem to care about that.

OldTrevil

Good to see Jesse score another goal in a huge match, even though the game was essentially won given the time left. If he's happy with it I wouldn't mind him as a bit part player for the cups and such. If he wants regular footie however, he would be best served going to a mid table team or venturing out in europe.

DoomSlayer

I'm happy for Lingard, scoring the last goal of the PL season basically and sealing our 3rd spot.

However, we need to replace him urgently, his status was supposed to be a quality squad player that can consistently impact games from the bench and perform as a starter in lesser games. Lingard has literally done feck all throughout the whole season, it's not acceptable. Whether we go for Grealish or someone similar, we need a quality replacement, I'm willing to give Pereira another season to provide squad depth, but Jesse has been given enough chances.

The club has to sell whilst the player still has some value, it's one of our main issues and reasons why we can't balance our finances, even though we are such a rich club. We spend recklessly and keep players way beyond their expiration dates, even when they contribute absolutely nothing. Phil Jones is a textbook example of that.

stevoc

WOW

feck sake give over. Nothing wrong with hoping mediocre players move on. He didn't say anything disrespectful about Lingard.

I hope he moves on too to somewhere more his level where he can start every week and kick start his career. He hasn't been good enough even as a squad player for a long time, one goal doesn't change that.

United58

Can’t imagine Ole putting him on for one last hurrah. But based on the season, James was the more likely off the bench.

perhaps it was his send off. Lets hope so
Actually I'm not surprised Lingard was preferred to James given the situation, we were defending a 0-1 lead and Lingard does offer more defensively than James. James would have potentially murdered them on the counter but he's bang out of form and it would have been a gamble.

Credit to Lingard, he's been decent in his cameos post-lockdown and has apparently been working through tough mental and family situations. The same cnuts make the same cringey "young Jesse" jokes over and over all over the internet, hope he's not seeing them (but I imagine he is sadly, seems to be very internet savvy). I don't think he's good enough for us, I hope the rest of his career goes well if he keeps up his hard work (was mad at training over lockdown according to his Snapchat).

feck everyone of you pricks that have the pitch forks out. I'm delighted for him to get that moment today. Do I want him to stay? The answer is no if we can bring in a better player. However the sheer amount of hate he receives from our 'fans' is disgusting. Even when he's done something good for the team you twats can't just say "well done". The lad isn't a top class player or even good enough to be here but he has had some great and important moments for us, while being a player that loves the club and came through the academy. The guy scored a winning goal in an FA cup final. If thats the last game he plays for us then I'm happy that he had that moment. You can talk shit about brand and social media all you want but he cares about this club more than any of us do.

You are probably the same fans that cried foul when Rooney requested the transfer but were the first that wanted him gone when his form went to shit. You expect loyalty from every player but show no loyalty yourselves when it doesn't suit you. There's no need for you to rate Lingard as a player or want him to stay here but there's no need to tear him down in his good moments.
Great post, internet is full of despicable cnuts

Mainoldo

Hope he stays. Very good player and good for the dressing room. We just need to keep him on the wings and false 9

Status
Not open for further replies.